Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poll: Schedule for the Anthrofiction Contest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Anthrofiction Network's Short Story Contest
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Schedule Change for the Writing Contest?
No. Keep the traditional schedule.
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Yes. The proposed schedule is a good idea.
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Do something else (comment).
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Poll: Schedule for the Anthrofiction Contest Reply with quote

Greets, Peeps!

This past quarter the schedule for the Anthrofiction Writing contest slipped by quite a bit. Normally I like to close the fall entry period the day before NaNoWriMo opens, then run the judging period during NaNo (November). This year the fall quarter entry period ends December 7th, a full month and a week late.

However, this might be a better schedule for those who wish to participate in the contest and NaNo. You can either work on your contest entry starting three weeks before NaNo and finish it up the week following NaNo. Or you may note the theme of the contest and use the theme like a NaNo challenge. Then in the week following NaNo pull that piece out of your NaNo novel and spin it into a short story for the contest, with seven days to whip it into shape.

So the question is: stick to the original schedule or go with a schedule that splits the entry period around NaNo (November). Here's a chart of the traditional and proposed schedules, for all four quarters.

Notice that I rename the quarters. Also, if I don't change the schedule I need to squeeze a few days out of each period in 2009 to get back on schedule by November 1st (I've already worked out how to do this).

Thanks for your participation in the poll and for any comments you wish to leave.

Scotty

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll is closed. This wasn't the only place I posted it and overall the results more than 2 to 1 in favor of the new schedule. Plus I favor the new schedule.

The result is the next (now current) contest quarter will run from January 8th through April 7th and be called the spring 2009 quarter.

Thanks!

S-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Anthrofiction Network's Short Story Contest All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: