Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not Ugly- But FUGLY!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristie_Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now very ashamed that this is happening alot more in this country. I call it unfair and unjustified to all male counterparts. In my opinion this feminist movement that started in the 1960's has now gone way too far and men are suffering more because of it.

Crying or Very sad
PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought for sometime that the womans lib movement has gone from getting women viewed as equals to being more into enforcing that women are better than men.
Women do have areas where they tend to fair better then men, but then there are areas where men tend to fair better than women.
It's almost as if the touch of power that women recieved has made them hungry for more. And many women have found that their "personal" parts can be used to control men and they take full advantage of that. The original email has a potential for a guy to desire this venture because they hope for sex with a pretty woman, they hope for arm candy. Some women will acknowledge that hope in some men and abuse it.
I have seen so many "whipped" or controlled men now days that it makes me sick.
There is definatly a difference between caring for someone to the point of wanting to do things to make them happy, and one who does things that the girl demands no matter how unhappy it makes the guy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arctic_Mutt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessB wrote:
Quote:
My "favourite" (and by that, I mean the deal-breaker) question to get asked on a date is "What do you drive?"...

Don't be too quick to judge that question. I was raised by a mechanic, I worked on more cars by the time I was 17 then many guys would in their entire life (am in no way a car genious but I know more than the average girl does about cars). I know a bit about cars and I know a lot of guys like to talk about their cars and what upgrades they have done, so I have asked that question but purely to make conversation or if they had already mentioned something about their car.
If a girl askes with simple curiousity (seen by the look on their face) then you might have a catch, if she asks with a greedy gleam in her eyes then time to say goodbye.

Well I'd agree with you there, Princess. I think one can tell if someone is seriously interested in a topic, and I'd love to have a car discussion with a woman who really likes that subject.

That being said, you are right - all the ones who are vapid and shallow have asked that question in such a way that you can tell right off the bat what they are angling for.

"Here babe, I've saved us both the trouble and brought my pay stub" Rolling Eyes

Gah, I've joined the bandwagon and got myself LiveJournal: http://arctic-mutt.livejournal.com/
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have met many interesting girls and women in my life and while I have never had one be interested in what I make, since in college I found my wife and we were both poor college kids so it didn't matter. I did however have a problem with girls who were interested in sleeping with me because of my name, odd as it may seem, here's why.

I went to a small college in Ashland WI called Northland College. When I say small I mean small, less than 900 students. At this school we had the Sigurd Olson Environmental Education Center. The school was very big in the environmental sciences and anything outdoors, and Sigurd F. Olson was an environmental leader in the sixties and seventies as well as a writer. Well I show up with the name A. Sigurd Olson having been named after Sigurd F. Olson who was a friend of my parents. Well I think you may be starting to see where this was headed. According to Patty, and others, about a quarter of the girls on campus wanted to have sex with me because it would be as close as they could get to their hero, and in this group of girls were many lesbians (I shit you not, I am not making this shit up, it's too damn weird). So in their own way these girls were being just as shallow as any woman who is interested more in how much your making as a posed to what your like.

I should note that Patty wasn't a huge admirer of Sigurd F. Olson until after we met when she read some of his works, she just found it amusing that he and I shared a name which is none to common in the US. In my life I have only ever met one other Sigurd and he was on holiday from SWEDEN though I have heard of another Sigurd living down in Iowa.

Arctic_Mutt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigurd Volsung wrote:
According to Patty, and others, about a quarter of the girls on campus wanted to have sex with me because it would be as close as they could get to their hero, and in this group of girls were many lesbians (I **** you not, I am not making this **** up, it's too damn weird).

WOW. Lol, brings new meaning to the saying "What's in a Name?" - apparently lust in some cases.

Certainly an anecdote I will be remembering for some time Very Happy

Gah, I've joined the bandwagon and got myself LiveJournal: http://arctic-mutt.livejournal.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: