Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Story I've started on.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nosnibor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Still here! Very Happy

Me too.
Fascinating story and always a nice read (now that the initial problems with the dashes and stuff are over).
Howellfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're(both)enjoying it! Smile

Yeah, go figure;never picked up on that little rule on spacing dashes before writing this. Meh;live and learn. Confused Smile
Howellfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a brief update:after letting it sit for a while, I'm now doing some SERIOUS reworking of the early part of the story - I.E. before crossing the mountains. Basically, I've given up on thinking of this as a ' short' story. Sad Razz In addition to a 'better thought-out' background for Rebecca(Inn at a last-port-of-call instead of a farming village), and some small changes to her, er, winter layover with the Wolves, her time getting know Grey, previously simply described in a few brief(and slightly ham-handed, the more I read over them)paragraphs, is now going to be God-only-knows how many sections of 'proper' story! Smile Didn't want to, but had to be done. That whole section just read so...meh. Confused Big enough changes that even with the story unfinished, I'm seriously pondering a 'version 1.1' thread to repost or somesuch - I want these changes posted into the story pronto! Razz Any advice? Also various editing and touching up throughout the story - largely of the 'Boy, hit the reader over the head why don't you? Cut it!' variety. Razz The art of writing seems to be 'to say most completely exactly what your mean to, in the fewest words possible.' Confused

I CAN promise that when I get around to finally writing the little addendum I still haven't done to the section above I'll add it, at least, directly into the post.

Anyhoo, just wanted to say 'I'm back on it, and hopefully more on the way soon.' Smile Any advice, suggestions or ideas are welcome, as always.
Smile 'Till later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: