Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Israel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Israel Reply with quote

So, some of ye have asked me about my trip to Israel. As I can't really think of a way to write it to give it justice, I'll tell ye some observations I made. I should add that I was with a bunch of Israeli teenagers the whole time, who are bloody nuts! I love em!

Israeli's are loud. They love to sing and yell and converse at the tops of their voices.
People in Israel are really, really comfortable with guns. Like, ye'll see a bunch of soldiers home for the weekend carrying their Uzi's. Hell, we even had a guard, to protect us.
Israeli's love chocolate. They put it on everything, and they have it for breakfast. A typical Israeli breakfast involves yougurt, chocolate or vanilla pudding, israeli salad, and eggs of one type or another. And yet they can not stand peanutbutter. They thought that I was disgusting for putting peanutbutter on my apples.
Israeli fruit is really @#$%ing good. Maybe its because it doesn't have to travel that far (I mean, its all grown in Israel) but it is all very, very good.
When in the desert area, bring chapstick. Otherwise, it will feel like your lips are going to come off. They don't even feel like they're attached to you anymore, truth be told.
Tsvat, this old city near the Kineret (AKA the Sea of Gallilee) attracts the crazies. So does Jerusalem, but its a different type of crazy. When I was in Tsvat, I was walking down the stairs (for all of these ancient cities seem to be one big staircase) and this crazy Orthadox guy comes running out, yellingand screaming "Is this how the girls of Israel walk?!" And he has a hose. He begins to hose us, although our guard takes the hose and bends it, so he doesn't spray us. The whole time, he's yelling at our guard to shoot him, cuz Jews killing Jews and all that. But the guard didn't. Its not like we were dressed immodestly, either. I had on a long skirt with a shirt that covered my shoulders.
Jerusalem crazies are slightly different. When I was in a bagel shop there, I was just sitting there, eating my bagel, when this lady stands up and begins talking about how she is the rightful queen of Jerusalem and we should all bow before her. She then stood on a table and began to tell her whole family tree, claming that she was directly descended from King David. I left. There was also a guy who went around with a crown and a toga claiming that he was king David.
Soggy french fries actually taste good in Shwarma.
When going down a big mountain, if ye have bad balance, go down on yer butt. Thats what I did when I was in the Negev.
The dead sea feels like oil. Looks like oil, too. And it hurts like hell.
NEVER, EVER go into the Dead Sea if yer on yer period.

Thats all for now!

Weeeeee!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Israel Reply with quote

Freya wrote:

Jerusalem crazies are slightly different. When I was in a bagel shop there, I was just sitting there, eating my bagel, when this lady stands up and begins talking about how she is the rightful queen of Jerusalem and we should all bow before her. She then stood on a table and began to tell her whole family tree, claming that she was directly descended from King David. I left. There was also a guy who went around with a crown and a toga claiming that he was king David.

So it's like New York City with slightly better bagels.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Freya

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the bagels in New York are better.

Weeeeee!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> freya All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: