Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Slips of Paper" -- A quick story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Virmir

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: "Slips of Paper" -- A quick story Reply with quote

Yeah, just being goofy here.

This seemed a better alternative to going to work this morning!

----

"Slips of Paper"
by Virmir

Arg! That blasted alarm! It's time to get up already? Ugh.

Let's see, what do we have for breakfast? Waffles. Again. That's okay, I like waffles. Well, usually. These don't seem to be sitting well with me today.

Doesn't matter. Need to get to work. Next, I'll brush my teeth.

Well, shoot. It's usually not this hard. I mean, my teeth seem a lot more pointy than normal. And my face in the mirror? Huh. I don't remember being THAT ugly. I've got patches of sliver fur growing all over my skin. And my nose is sticking out. Any my ears are getting bigger.

Well too bad. I can't call off work for ugliness! Forget it! I need to get dressed.

Except these socks aren't fitting right. In fact, NONE of these clothes are fitting like they used to. Maybe I lost weight. I mean, that's a good thing, right? Well geez, even my pajamas are falling off.

Forget it! What do I need clothes for when I have this fur? Running late, so I better hurry up.

Whoa! I almost landed flat on my nose there! Hmm, it does seem a lot more comfortable on all fours like this, though. Makes more sense when you think about it. I'll just mosey on out…

Huh. That door latch is a whole lot higher than I thought. Maybe if I jump... Ergh. And it's really tough to turn. Blast it, I'm gonna be late! Just have to-- there we go!

Well, it's certainly a lot nicer out here than that musty old house. Shoot. How do I get in the car again? Aw, forget it! I'll just walk. I'm pretty fast on four legs, you know.

Now let's see... which way to Chicago? Just have to pick up some scents. Wait a minute... I don't even remember what Chicago smells like! How could I forget? I go there every day! Blast it! I need to get to work!

HEY! Watch it!! Freaking humans in their tin cans. Almost hit me! Yeah, that's right buddy. I just flipped you off with my tail. Bite me.

I really need to find my way to work. Now wait a second... why do I need to work again? Let's see, there's some important reason, I know.

Oh! That's right! I need to work to get... slips of paper...? What do I need THOSE for? Hmmm...

Oh! Food! I need the slips of paper to get food... Is that it? No, I need them for the place I live in too, I think...

Well, shoot.

I can get all that stuff for free in the forest. Geez, how stupid could I be? I mean, wasting all my time like I did! Forget work! Screw that!

I'll just waltz into this conveniently placed woodland area here.

Whoa, hmmm, who's this I smell? Hey, there's a gray vixen around here somewhere. Wonder if she'd want to hang out with me. Let's see if we can find her...

Ah, there she is!

"Hello my lady. Pleasant weather we're having, isn't it? I say, you smell positively lovely."

"Tee hee hee, I'll bet you say that to all the girls when they're in season." She waves a paw at me playfully.

"HEY!!! Get away from my girl!!" The angry voice comes up from behind me fast.

"Woah, relax! I was only sniffing!"

"Get out of here before I rip your face off!!" He's snarling now, rather rudely.

"Geez! Sorry!"

What's the deal with monogamy, anyway? Ah, forget it. I'll just hang out over here.

"Dude, get out of here! You're still on our territory!" He's yelling at me from a distance now.

"Well excuuuuuse me!"

Freaking neighbors. Ugh.

Well I've been moving along for a while now. Wonder where all the food is. Hey, I'll bet I can catch a squirrel. Don't they, like, sleep in holes in trees and stuff? I'll just climb up there and ambush them. Gray foxes can climb trees, you know. 'Cause we're awesome.

This is a pretty nice tree. Well compared to the average tree. I guess. Wait, who's that walking down there?

Oh, great. It's a red.

Freaking reds. Think they're better than everyone else. Why does everyone like reds anyway? I'll show him.

"Hey! Get away from my tree or I'll rip your face off!!"

His ears shoot up. His eyes finally find me up here. "Dude! That's my tree! I marked it yesterday!"

"Well I marked over it! Get lost! Loser!"

Ha! He's grumbling and walking away. Showed him.

Well, I'm kinda tired. That beeping thing woke me up early after all. Won't have to worry about that out here through. Besides, it's pretty bright out. I mean, who can get anything done in the middle the day, anyway? Think I'll curl up in between these branches right here and take a nap. Look for some food later on when it's dark. Some real food, not that nasty sticky stuff.

It's colder out here, but my tail's nice and warm. Much better pillow than that thing I slept on before.

Ha. Slips of paper. I swear...

Virmir's Stories
Metamor Keep
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating... almost a stream of consciousness. But it still put the images in my mind; I could see what was going on clearly. Very nice.
Virmir

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reading!

Virmir's Stories
Metamor Keep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: