Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Antilia -The New Furcadia, but better
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im guessing what the item will look like will depend upon what materials you are using, your skill in crafting, and what you want it to look like. Those factors would probably interfere with and also work with each other to obtain the resulting item. Such as the materials would affect available color skemes and the properties of the item (resistence to rusting or breaking, etc...). SKill in crafting will affect how well you can design the item to look like you wanted it to. So, if you have a low crafting skill and you want to design the superman "S" emblem on the front of your sheild, good luck, you likely will not be able to. It seems to me they are putting the most effort into desigining the crafting system. I imagine its going to be the most realistic and creative and probably much more advanced than that of WoW. They have already mentioned that combat will take a backseat place in the game and also its going to have a little something put into place where if you dont train a particular skill every so often or fairly constantly, it will start to go down(will keep combat oriented characters in that particular niche. This will in effect force some people to not have one god character who cannot be beaten and can do everything in game. at most you can only be a combat master but cannot get very far into other areas such as crafting without sacrificing what youve gained in combat exp.

CJ

"When taking a vacation from life, death is only the beggining and birth is only the end"
- Crimson Jackal
bonehead54321

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I am really wondering tho. Is this this game gonna come out in stores or be a DL only? and will it be pay for play.

You know my spelling sucks. You should also know that I dun care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Curious Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks very promising! I am looking forward to its release. I have been waiting for an MMORPG in which one can play something other than a human, elf, dwarf, and other creatures of the like. (There is Star Wars Galaxies, of course, but it is not really the same as playing an anthropomorphic animal.) I hope that we will be able to play as anthropomorphic dragons, or at least lizards and dinosaurs.

bonehead54321 wrote:
What I am really wondering tho. Is this this game gonna come out in stores or be a DL only? and will it be pay for play.

This is something I would like to know as well... How much will the game's monthly cost be?
Keyla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious Dragon wrote:
bonehead54321 wrote:

This is something I would like to know as well... How much will the game's monthly cost be?

and will it be worth it?

CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a furry MMO, of course it will be worth it. ^.^

but seriously, it will be pay and play, im guessing payments will probably be in the same ranges as similar MMOs like WoW. They never really mentioned how copies will be obtained for play. Im guessing at first it will be downloadable and maybe later sold in stores. Most of the lesser known MMOs stick with just downloadable versions until they take off.

I have been following the talking about the game on the game forum since this thread was started and have learned a lot about the creators. So far what Ive seen leads me to beleive they truly intend to make an amazing game. Whether the game will be actually fun to play will only be determined once a playable version is released. They are quite litterally obsessing over the crafting system, trying to make that aspect the most amazing and realistic system ever created. They even made mention of performance arts and crafts such as singing, dancing, etc... I can only imagine how difficult these would be to create in game. If they succeed, then I could honestly say they would do everything possible to make the game enjoyable.

"When taking a vacation from life, death is only the beggining and birth is only the end"
- Crimson Jackal
CausticKitsune

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rightbraingames.com/games.php
http://www.toi3d.com/
Antilia is designed with toi, a new, revolutionary game developing enviornemt. It is not released yet, but you can test toi 0.9, and discuss toi and antilia in the forums. Toi has a gorgeous graphical gui, that makes developing games simple and friendly. It has many of the tools game designers need to develop games all included. Sir Shane: "By version 1.0, toi will also offer a way of developing game logic without programming. You'll also be able to expand what the logic can do through plugins. So you should never be too restricted. Antilia has been put on hold temporarily while we develop Toi." Please visit the site, and test Toi, its free after all, and report any bugs you encounter to the forums.
Solis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CausticKitsune: I don't know if you're working for the game or an enthousiastic fan so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. Please don't ressurect multiple years-old posts only to copy and paste the same thing three times in a row. This one post would have sufficed.

Considering that what you typed also looks like a marketing promo, keep in mind that this is a DISCUSSION forum. We're not trying to sell each other stuff here.

CausticKitsune

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry bout that, i am an enthusiastic fan, i didnt know it would be noticed that simply, forgive my re-post. As to it sounding like a market promo, i wanted to sound professional and tell bout the development of toi. I hope this wont affect your, or other's want to see the game. Its not their fault. But in my defence, its hard to sell something that has no cost yet... o.o;
CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually its pretty easy to sell something before its ever put on shelves. If it looks good enough and captures the attention of the audience enough, you can consider the product sold before the customer ever really pays for it. Such as those of us who go to conventions. You can consider my registration for next year's anthrocon already sold even though I havent technically registered yet. I want to go badly enough that it wont matter if I have gotten registered YET, its a fact that I will be buying registration and thats usually enough.

Its a marketing technique many companies use. They advertise the product in advance and hype it up to the point that you are drooling over its release all the way up to the day its actually on the shelf. Kinda like when star wars fans were sleeping outside the theatre several days in advance for the re-release of the original starwars trilogy after it had been redone with new scenes and special effects.

It doesnt matter if there is a price tag on the game yet, just the concept of it is making most furs drool and if I know furries like I think I do, it wont matter how expensive it is. Furs pay a fortune to have special powers or other simple things in furcadia where these things are generally useless other than astetic purposes. If they would pay that kind of money for that simple game, then this should blow furcadia out of the water regardless of how expensive it is. Course, price will have an effect on things to some extent. There are furs out there who simply cannot spend too much on their furry lifestyle. Its also a deffinite fact that this game will have around the same graphic requirements as other MMORPGs of the day like WoW and Guild Wars so it is inevitable that money will have to be spent on upgrading your computer hardware.

CJ

- Crimson Jackal
Silverstreak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furcadia isn't rated M, is it? Shocked
CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, not that I know of. It might be due to some violence, but I could be wrong. I know there wont be any adult material in it. Yes, there will be dancing vixens(dancing will become another skill you can train sortof like smithing and taloring, only it will be one of a few performing skills), but nothing innapropriate. The game will probably be appropriate for all ages, but with the mild amount of violence. However, to keep control over fraud and payments, they are going to require credit cards that belong to the account owner for registration. This will in effect also require you be 18. Its something WoW does and I see no reason why it shouldnt be done here too. Yes, I know it keeps younger furs from playing, but ive been young once too, and there are plenty of other online games for younger peoples to play as well as offline games.

I know ill sound like a parent, but i need to say that its better to concentrate on school than it is to play a game. I almost got restricted from actually taking part in any furry activities due to my messing around and not working on school. My parents wanted to take away the internet until I graduated high school. Imagine how I could have survived as a fur seperated from all furry contact for a full 1 1/2years. I just dont want to see that happen to any of you.

anyways, back to the subject of video games.

^.^
CJ

- Crimson Jackal
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope I'll be able to play it from Germany. And I hope it will be more if an actually RPG. In my opinion games like World of Warcraft shouldn't be allowed to call themselves RPGs. I don't see any roleplaying in them.
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
I just hope I'll be able to play it from Germany. And I hope it will be more if an actually RPG. In my opinion games like World of Warcraft shouldn't be allowed to call themselves RPGs. I don't see any roleplaying in them.

Depends on your definition of a role. Though, if you defined a role as what you take up in World of Warcraft then all games are RPGs, which they are to some extent.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know about actual RPing, but there will be soo many options to keep you entertained that im sure there will be at least some RPing. It wont be PvP thats for sure. I know for a fact that they decided they wouldnt be bringing in PVP except under a small nitch that they havent even decided upon. So yes, it might be that there wont be any PVP at all. They proposed bringing in an arena combat sortof thing. Players pit their characters against each other in different contests. Not just combat too. You could have a dancing contest (reminds me of "youve been served") Hell, you could have a sewing contest for that matter and see who could knit the best sweater. weird, yes, but I kinda like the idea of having some non combat oriented contests.

- Crimson Jackal
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think it's dying out. lately they have just stopped with any updates what so ever.

plus the forums have been dead for almost a whole year now. they say the game is 75% complete but I doubt it will ever be finished. Its been in development for 7 years, I highly doubt any investors would support such lack of progress.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: