Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter and the Winds of Change Chapter 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be back - got busy with writing and other things, and then just sort of faded away...

Luckily I have friends like our own Old Gray Raccoon, who reached out, grabbed me by the ear, and dragged me back here.

I'm sorry about not making it to the wedding - the invite chose the day of the wedding to actually arrive... Razz Hope it was as beautiful as you deserve.

Rava Purr-Fox
Princess Of PR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was perfect. Smile No cops were needed to arrest anyone, that's a new tradition for my family!

Sorry about the late invite. *Wince* Not sure what happened there.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given how mail can get sometimes in my neighborhood - I've receieved things where the postmark said that it was sent a month earlier. I don't think it's necessarily an incompetent post office, since they're usually good about things like delivering the mail. It's just occasionally, things get realy $%^#% up in the delivery. Not common, but enough to be noticed.

Glad to hear it with the wedding - been to a few like what you say your family's are normally like...*laugh*

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah - now THAT explains it!

BTW - there's a PM for you over at FH - it should work, but if you could check and let me know, both if it's working, and the question I asked.

Shadu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

read it liked it and have only one small coment.

i guess Rava has an idea going and i'll not go against it i'll just point it out and see if i'm right or not. while i was reading it looked like hary (while on the dursley home) had more freedom than usuall. his beeing able to make the sandwich h made seems like different from the norm for some reason... is something going to change in the relationships in these book?

Rava Purr-Fox
Princess Of PR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadu wrote:
read it liked it and have only one small coment.

i guess Rava has an idea going and i'll not go against it i'll just point it out and see if i'm right or not. while i was reading it looked like hary (while on the dursley home) had more freedom than usuall. his beeing able to make the sandwich h made seems like different from the norm for some reason... is something going to change in the relationships in these book?

Nope just that the threat at the end of the fifth book suggested that if they starved him they would be coming to visit. You'll notice he wasn't eating with them. Smile

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that I am the only one (that I have seen) that has commented on the many simularities between winds of change and HBP there were and all in chapters that Ray had released before HBP hit the shelves. question for Ray. How many chapters did you have out by the time HBP came out?

Rava Purr-Fox
Princess Of PR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
I'm surprised that I am the only one (that I have seen) that has commented on the many simularities between winds of change and HBP there were and all in chapters that Ray had released before HBP hit the shelves. question for Ray. How many chapters did you have out by the time HBP came out?

The first six were written prior to HBP but seven thru ten were roughed out. When I started I was three to four chapters ahead, now I write and post as soon as I finish a chapter. The plot was always planned.

I studied the hints JKR had put out prior to HBP. I had planned on adding Mark Evans to the newest batch of students until she announced that Mark wasn't anybody special. Thats when I replaced him with Harry Eves. I liked the idea of there being a group of kids named after him, he was the biggest wizarding world hero in decades. I imagine in the late fourties there were a large group named Albus too *chuckles*

Her hints helped me to keep the plot I planned out close to canon for mom. We all knew she wouldn't live long enough to see the finished series but I tend to write faster than JKR so I took it upon myself to do what I could for mom. After she passed away I put the story on a shelf for almost a year. I decided to release what I had just prior to the release of HBP so people wouldn't claim I had followed JKR's plotlines.

I really wanted a very canon feel to it and I was one of the people who totally missed the canon boat, I sailed with HMS Pumpkin Pie (Harry/Hermione shippers). Of course I had planned on Remus and Tonks's co-habitation/guardian relationship, and I'm not going to say anymore on that. Currently I am working on chapter 19 and there is over 100,000 words to date and it's not even Halloween yet!

One of the things I love about fan-fiction.... Not limits on how long the book can be Smile

One thing I will add, I have not changes my plot at all to accomidate anything in HBP, I had one detail I had not fully worked out but my brother and I had an idea and after HBP we agreed to do something differently. You'll know when you see it Smile

Names however I will admit to changing. My main Werewolf antagonist was not named Greyback. He was going to be a Frenchman but I decided to use her character since he was exactly like my guyexcept for his nationality Smile. It's easier to use canon names and it adds to expectations of the readers and shows just how different but at the same time keeps the canon feel in the story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: