Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Novel Idea {Chapter One Posted}

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: A Novel Idea {Chapter One Posted} Reply with quote

Quite literally. A little bit ago, inspiration struck in the form of a very weird dream. It had very little substance, absolutely no plot, but was stocked with some of the best story ideas I'd had in a while. It included a few of my crazier inventions, but presented them in a way that I thought might work. All in all, it got me thinking. As I went, the dream formed a plot, the various characters I had seen in my dreams merged to form three of the best characters I had ever had. The inventions I mentioned were recreated, leaving me with something that seemed even slightly possible within the bounds of physics. The plot has grown to the point now that, if I ever finish the chronicles of these three characters, I am going to end up with a monsterpiece of more than 300 pages. I have just started writing the story down, but because I already have it planned out, I should be able to write it with a speed that I have never matched before. Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention, it's a furry story.

Sorry, I forgot to do this the first time, but here is the general storyline:
The year is 2071. The place is Earth, but not the Earth that we call home, but the Earth of an alternate universe. There are many differences between our Earth and this one, such as that there is a heavy population of morphs, and an actually quite low number of humans. Also, the land/sea ration is almost fifty-fifty. The atmosphere is close to ours, but it has almost twice the oxygen that our home has, this fact adding to the life span of most of the species here, or rather it would, if it weren't for the war. This war is this planet's second world war. Two great empires have come to power, one controlling most of the north, the other most of the south. The northern empire is ruled by a dictator, the southern by a king and a group of counsellours. The north has a small army, but the army is made up of the best that the land has to offer. The south's army is larger, but most of the troups are green and inexperienced. All technology has been applied to anything that will help their side win the war, causing a great boom in military advancement. It is now the third year of the war, and both sides know that it is time to take the upper hand. This story begins following the exploits of a southern fighter by the name of Charles Allen Masterson, a thirty year old wolf morph bent on doing all he can to win the war for his people. His valiant style of fighting has earned him many awards and recognitions, but now he has taken it too far. Charles now believes himself to be invincible, and will willingly stretch the limits to prove it. Will this prove this turn out to be his victory, or will it be his undoing? Come along and find out with me (I haven't decided yet Very Happy ).

Hope you enjoy!!

Is there someone here who would be willing to give the rest of my story a place? I need it so as not to break the 'small part of the story' rule.

Oh, and all questions comments, corrections, suggestions, and anything else you can think of is accepted (that's the reason it's here). I've always wanted to hear a critique on one of my stories.

Last edited by No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing on Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
No_Idea_What_I'm_Doing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*UPDATE* Chapter One has been posted. To download, right click on the link and press "Save Target As...". Otherwise it has problems. It is in plain .txt format, so you should have no problem getting it to work.

Oh, and I'm sorry that it's an attachment instead of a post. The chapter is too long to put in a post. Believe me, I tried...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: