Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 7b Delays

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Chapter 7b Delays Reply with quote

I think I maybe changing the direction the orginal story went, even though 3/4 done. This will be disasterous for the following chapters if I am.

But its hard to tell what should go in between the larger gaps of unrecoverable data and recovered paragraphs. Smaller gaps are simpler, often a word or two, many times just a few letters in the right place is all thats needed.

I'm shooting for before a Holloween Posting, but dont count on it; yet. Maybe I'll get lucky.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take all the time you need and do what you think is best for your story.

BTW: Now that my boss is away I finally again have the possibility to read stories at work and yours was one of these. While it's very interesting and kinda different to the other Sabrinaverse Stories I noticed some distinct dis-similarities to the rest of the Sabrinaverse. I take that was intended to make it an alternate Sabrinaverse, right?

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:

BTW: Now that my boss is away I finally again have the possibility to read stories at work and yours was one of these. While it's very interesting and kinda different to the other Sabrinaverse Stories I noticed some distinct dis-similarities to the rest of the Sabrinaverse. I take that was intended to make it an alternate Sabrinaverse, right?

Alternate? Arent they all Alternate?

Everyone's life must be tested once in a while; but some are lucky to have a 5 question quizes while others are forced to write 200 page dissertations- all for the same grade! But not just Sabrina and company, everyone's going to be forced to either pass or fail. With lives on the line as a grade, this will be one class no one will be able to cut or dismiss...Twisted Evil

Am I Evil or Very Mad or what?!! Mr. Green

At least I have not threatened the planet wide extinction through a 25 mile Ort Cloud Renegade Meteor... Hey!!! Twisted EvilArrowIdeaExclamationExclamationExclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Tygon wrote:

Alternate? Arent they all Alternate?

Everyone's life must be tested once in a while; but some are lucky to have a 5 question quizes while others are forced to write 200 page dissertations- all for the same grade! But not just Sabrina and company, everyone's going to be forced to either pass or fail. With lives on the line as a grade, this will be one class no one will be able to cut or dismiss...Twisted Evil

Am I Evil or Very Mad or what?!! Mr. Green

Well, that wasn't what I meant. It's more things like that ZZ Studions is in Columbus, not Springfield.

Elfen_Furry wrote:
At least I have not threatened the planet wide extinction through a 25 mile Ort Cloud Renegade Meteor... Hey!!! Twisted EvilArrowIdeaExclamationExclamationExclamation

No, and you shouldn't either. Planet wide devastation is MY speciality Wink Twisted Evil

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Well, that wasn't what I meant. It's more things like that ZZ Studions is in Columbus, not Springfield.

D'OH!
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Tygon wrote:

D'OH!

Actually, EWS has established them as being in Worthington, a smaller town on the north side of Coumbus.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and to believe that I have all this action going on in Springfeild....
D'OH!

Wait until the ending chapters of the original 14... it was set in within the setting of the World Trade Center's observation deck; after some demands have been met in chapters 10 - 13.

But off course, things can change. From Chapter 10 - 13 were relatively small, but 7 (currently 7b) - 9 were large. 14, as I remembered it, was 1/2 done. The outline for Chapter 15 was FOR THE REVOLUTION! I have yet to place thought into paper or binary, but to some it will be reminicant of certain times: Russia in 1914, Spain in 1930's, China in the 1880's an 1940's, Cuba in the 1950, even in the Good Ole USA on a certain day in November in 1963...

The chapter lengths vary in characters' introductions, as many have yet to be put in according to your eyes. As characters pop in and out, there will be plot twists and kinks to be generated... Sheesh... Solmaria is as I remembered- one of the kinkiest characters around, but Jammeka will have some definate plot twists put upon her young life.

Hints:
Solmaria has been introduced in a past chapter by name only and not as a person, while Jammeka was introduced first as a person and later by name in chapter 7a.

You know- I have yet to clean up that mess on I94...
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Elfen_Furry wrote:
Tygon wrote:

D'OH!

Actually, EWS has established them as being in Worthington, a smaller town on the north side of Coumbus.

Cateagle

okay, greater Columbus Smile

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
D'OH!

Hehe, don't grudge. The mistake has been spotted. I just wonder why nobody has said something earlier Smile

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Wait until the ending chapters of the original 14... it was set in within the setting of the World Trade Center's observation deck; after some demands have been met in chapters 10 - 13.

But off course, things can change. From Chapter 10 - 13 were relatively small, but 7 (currently 7b) - 9 were large. 14, as I remembered it, was 1/2 done. The outline for Chapter 15 was FOR THE REVOLUTION! I have yet to place thought into paper or binary, but to some it will be reminicant of certain times: Russia in 1914, Spain in 1930's, China in the 1880's an 1940's, Cuba in the 1950, even in the Good Ole USA on a certain day in November in 1963...

The chapter lengths vary in characters' introductions, as many have yet to be put in according to your eyes. As characters pop in and out, there will be plot twists and kinks to be generated... Sheesh... Solmaria is as I remembered- one of the kinkiest characters around, but Jammeka will have some definate plot twists put upon her young life.

Hints:
Solmaria has been introduced in a past chapter by name only and not as a person, while Jammeka was introduced first as a person and later by name in chapter 7a.

You know- I have yet to clean up that mess on I94...

Sounds like interesting times are ahead Smile

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Elfen_Furry wrote:
D'OH!

Hehe, don't grudge. The mistake has been spotted. I just wonder why nobody has said something earlier Smile

Maybe they're too scared to say how many goof up ended up in the story... Like military copters shooting down a jet? Possible, but not doable in a practical sense. Or that I94 does not exist in at that part of the country.

But a good writer should be able to capture his audience through their imaginations, and any reader who dares gets up and complains about plausabilities and little details, in my opinion, HAS TOO MUCH TIME ON HIS HANDS!!!

But yes- I'm not grudging, and glad that somebody pointed something out.

Tygon wrote:
Sounds like interesting times are ahead Smile

We'll see what will happeen next. As each chapter gets resurected from the harddrive and posted, as well as new chapters are created... it will be interesting times ahead!
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holloween's gone and past, and I am not finished with my 7b chapter. It seems to be growing a life of its own with is what I feared when I started chapter 7, before it was broken into two

I'm also having computer security problems; my FTP/ssh went to hades and its rearing satan's ugly head all the time now. What does one expect with shareware?

In short the trail date expired and the registration code pops up as "This is a priated code! Please visit [site url] and register for a legit code!" Since I wont use paypal (personal reasons), I will have to email and snailmail the software author again for a new code. *Sigh*

What evil lies in the hearts of your average Mac user with 18 years of Mac OS Experience...? Where's my Res-Edit!

Hopefully all this will be fixed and soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: