Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fanbird question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabhacson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Fanbird question Reply with quote

What are your policies reguarding the "Borrowing" of characters? Not the major ones, but one of the minors?
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Fanbird question Reply with quote

Seabhacson wrote:
What are your policies reguarding the "Borrowing" of characters? Not the major ones, but one of the minors?

I can only speak for myself - same requirements as for a major character. I know Chris Foxx has a similar policy since a minor character from his story is a major one in mine.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the character. A lot of minor characters are actually cameos for other people's characters.

The general rule of thumb is to send me a note letting me know what character(s) you want to borrow and how you plan on using them. As long as they're mine and they'll be used within reason, I generally have no objection. I just ask that you send me the sections of the story they'll be used in before publishing so I can give an OK.

Cheers.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seabhacson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Yea, but.. Reply with quote

What, exactly, IS that policy?? I mean, yea, I like have this nifty idea running around in my head for a storyline, but the last thing I want to do is step on anyone's toes. I'd like to use Tigger, and a bit of Double Z studios, but if it's a no no, then I'll rework it with no real problems.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Yea, but.. Reply with quote

Seabhacson wrote:
What, exactly, IS that policy?? I mean, yea, I like have this nifty idea running around in my head for a storyline, but the last thing I want to do is step on anyone's toes. I'd like to use Tigger, and a bit of Double Z studios, but if it's a no no, then I'll rework it with no real problems.

Well, for ZZ Studios, you should check out James' rules for using his characters, on his site, and use of ZZ herself requires MBR's approval. I generally tend to follow the same rules James does.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seabhacson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Cool! Reply with quote

Thanks guys.. Hikaru, I'll draft up a plot outline for you to look at and some samples, but nothing goes post without your say so. Duly noted and logged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: