Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slave Girl Saga
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Slave Girl Saga Reply with quote

i started a new thread with updated chapters of my sc-ifi story to save time. I also decided to post them all in one thread to save on having to find all the chapters lost in the forums.
Rise of the Slave
By Kenneth Jenkins

Chapter 1
I haven’t failed!

“I am a bio form, a slave to an emperor I loathe!”

My role was supposed to be simple; I’m nothing more than a servant. The emperor couldn’t have cared less, whether I lived, or died. My place was supposed to be at his heel, I was just a pawn. I was just supposed to run a simple errand, to a distant planet in a neighboring system. I believe it all started on a world named Casaria. I was supposed to baby sit an important official. It would be an easy assignment. I was sure all I had to do was follow him around and take him to my shuttle. It was just supposed to be so simple.

It began back on the home world, earth. I had just arrived back at the docking platform, and my shuttle was almost prepared for departure.

It was larger than most shuttles. It was run down but functional. It was not much, but in a small way it was my home. Originally, it was an assault drop ship, but it had been converted to a cargo shuttle. It had the name “Crazed Fox” painted just below the cockpit view port; it was appropriately named for the crazed pilot that flew it. He went under the same call sign during his fighter piloting days. It had two detachable cargo container pods. Although, it never did change pods, the pods made it appear similar to a gun, because the pods were shaped almost like rifle clips. It had two decks not including the pods; they were a deck on to themselves.

It was almost time to depart, so I waited for the crew by the ramp to the passenger deck. I had very few belongings just my uniforms, a small dagger, and my crown. My crown was given to me, as a gift from the only human I ever called a friend. It was just a very plain gold crown, it swerved to a point at the center of my forehead but the bottom remained strait. It had a symbol of my faith carved on it. I had little else, well at least of value. “It’s mine.” I sighed as; I held my crown.

Suddenly, I heard the commander shouting, “Move on…Slave!” I nearly dropped it as he prodded me with his rifle.

I quietly growled at him as he passed, put it back on my head, and marched up the boarding ramp. He, the captain, and the navigator passed ahead of me walking curiously fast. I picked up the pace as well, anticipating more abuse.

As soon as I was aboard the ramp retracted and the door closed nearly on my tail. I was used to such abuse. They would have just laughed, if it had caught my tail. I was so tired of the same routine every mission. I sneered at my commanding officer as I gracefully climbed the ladder to the crew quarters deck.

I wish there was a retirement for me, but the only way that would happen is if I screwed up bad enough to be sentenced to death. I was not going to let that happen. “What ever the cost, I shall not surrender!” I chanted in a prayer, as I went sulking into my stateroom.

Although I practically lived on the ship, I never really considered it as much of a home. Still, this cabin was better than sleeping in the cargo hold.

It was mostly a simple empty room that I happened to live in. There was a closet containing my two spare uniforms, and three pairs of underwear, in addition there was a bed built right in to the wall. I was not allowed many possessions. There was also a bathroom, which was not very private. The door was removed before it was assigned to me, so they could use the camera in the ceiling to watch me. I was sure the officers looked in on me when I was in the shower, but I could do nothing about it. Therefore, I simply did not acknowledge its presence. If I tried to cover it, they probably would just rape me anyways, at least they would try.

There was not much other furniture besides a mirror above the bathroom sink. Which was also a gift from the one who gave me my crown, I often found myself staring into it at myself naked, trying to guess my age.

I was at least twenty to twenty four by my figuring. I wasn’t sure because bio forms are not considered true life forms. Because we are not born, but are instead are created. So it is assumed that we have no birthdays.

I really wasn’t much to look at though; I appeared to resemble a human female, at least as far as having two arms and legs. Also I have similar body and facial features, but that’s about all the similarities I have to humans. I also have a fur coat all over my body with blue markings at my waist, back, wrists, and ankles. My ears are pointed and slightly floppy, similar to an earth dog. I appear to have blue hair that ran to just above my shoulders. I also have a pair of leathery bat wings sprouting from the back of my shoulders. I have a tail as well; it was long and came to about an inch or two above my ankle. I remember, when I was little, I had a bad habit of sucking on the blue fluffy main at the end of it, like what humans called a pacifier. I appeared to stand on my toes like a cat due to my ankle being jointed higher in my leg just like one.

“I hate my pathetic life,” I muttered as I fell on the bed when the ship rocked as we took off. I just sat on the bed admiring my crown again. If only I could jewel it the way I wanted it. It would look much better with jewels in it. It had been a gift given to me by the only human to treat me with a little respect.

I know the emperor had nothing to do with giving it to me. That was of coarse long ago now; I was assigned to the little fox after that.

Back then, I was seldom trusted and even then watched closely with any long-range weapons. I had been trained to use light ones but I barely did at all. I remember I did little fighting, at least for most bio forms my age. I had seen only four engagements in heavy combat.

The ship rocked violently as it exited the jump, and I hit my head on the wall. It woke me up from my nap, so I screamed angrily, “Lousy God dammed pilot!”

Then I heard him on the intercom “We will be landing at Casaria in E.T.A. five minutes, prepare for the landing.” I hated him almost as much as my commander.

My commanding officer entered and ordered, “Get up you lazy bitch, and get down to the cargo hold. Be ready to unload crates as soon as we land… and make it quick!”

I got up sneeringly saluted, “Yes sir!” I declared, as I quickly did as told before he decided to punish me for looking at him crossly.

It was a short walk to the ladder and a hard climb down as the ship rocked the whole way. I got there just as the ship landed.

It rocked one last time, as it settled on the landing pad, and I fell off the ladder. Luckily, I was only a few feet from the floor.

My commander close behind nearly stepped on me as he passed by. The bay doors opened, and As soon as he was out of earshot, I mumbled, “frak*!” as I got up.

I Then walked by some crates, and stretched a bit while my commander was not looking. Then I waited for him to tell me what crates to move.

He did, in his usual charismatic way, “start with those in the corner and then get the ones marked party goods over there. And hurry damn it!”

I started to unload them. I was always good at heavy labor. The ones in the corner were moderately heavy, but unusually the ones marked party goods sure didn’t feel like champagne bottles. When I slammed it down it made a metallic sound I recognized could have been heavy rifles.

My commander came over and scolded me for dropping it so carelessly. “hey you filthy whore, be a little more careful with that!”

He continued watching as I worked talking with a soldier, “you know I can’t help but notice every time I come to these places the labor gets so lazy.”

The soldier chuckled remarking, “I know what you mean, maybe they need motivation.”

The commander then said, “Yeah, maybe a little more work too.”

When I was done, it was about an hour till time to go meet the diplomat. Therefore, I decided to get a shower, as I had also just gotten all sweaty. It would definitely be relaxing, and since I had the extra time I figured , why not? I climbed the ladder up the two decks and went to my room.

I hate the dull gray uniforms I’m forced to wear. They are just a disgustingly simple gray tunic with black trimming. They also had matching black boots and stockings however mine had gotten so worn I was forced to go without them.

I could hear the familiar sound of the camera in the ceiling powering up, as I unbuttoned my gray tunic from the front and undressed.

I grabbed a new pair of underwear and a uniform, and got into the shower. I turned on the shower head, and began bathing. When I was done, I had to go to the rendezvous where I would meet the diplomat.

My commander came in as I was buttoning the top button on my uniform. “Are you done yet? You aren’t getting any prettier!” He arrogantly blurted.

I answered, “You should know, you watched with enough interest… bastard!”

Then he shouted angrily, “What was that slave?” I shuddered knowing full well, what he would do next.

He pushed a button on the control collar remote hanging from his belt. I felt that familiar sting on my throat from the shock collar, as I fell to the floor holding my collar fidgeting wildly. All slaves wore such a collar device so we could be controlled.
After he let up on the button I sat up slowly saying, “Sir, I’m sorry.”

The bastard then retorted, “Yes of course you are, we created you that way!”

I absentmindedly snapped back at him, “Ass hole!” as I got up.

Which made him angry enough to backhand me with his fist, and I fell to the ground again. After I got back up, the coward was already out of the door. So I just put on my crown and followed him, we both carried on to the rendezvous point as if nothing happened, as usual. Slaves are so meaningless to their owners especially when they happened to have created you on top of being your master.

It was a long walk there. When we got to the building, I was surprised to see the official we were meeting was a human confederation officer. I had never seen one before, and so I was curious. He wore a white confederate uniform. He had a few medals hanging from his chest; they rang like coins as he walked. He seemed much kinder than the other soldiers I had met.

He addressed even me with respect, as he greeted me by saying “evening my dear lady!”

He also had a woman accompanying him. She was wearing a similar but blue uniform. She did not speak much, probably a secretary or lower ranking officer.

As soon as they were ready, we started the slow walk back to the ship. I had walked until my feet hurt so I lagged behind a bit. Just as we got half way there, something completely unexpected happened. There was a scream from the woman accompanying the officer.

I looked up just in time to see the confederation officers head had exploded as his corpse fell to the floor… then I heard the loud thundering noise of the rile he had been shot with.
“He’s dead, oh no!” I gasped.

Only one thing rang in my mind. I was going to die! I knew failure was punished by death. I began feel that familiar bite in my throat again. I was being electrified with more power this time, probably so I could not run away in the chaos. As I succumbed to unconsciousness I lost all sense of what was going on.

I could remember wishing I was back with him. I still remember his face, like a dream. I could see him as clearly now, as he stood admiring me that day.

He was tall and handsome, for a human! He was about 6.1” He had a scar on his face across his right eye, which was always covered up by that eye patch that was nailed to it. His other eye was green. His hair was short and black. He never kept himself shaved very well. He wore a red uniform that was dressier than the gray tunic that I wear. Although, his had grey trim instead of black, and he also wore a pair of black boots. I wish I had some boots just like them. I had to go barefoot since I ruined the only pair I had.

We were at some fancy diner party. I was standing next to the door waiting for him to show, so I could Guard him during the party. It was just after my last and final engagement. He arrived reasonably late, I could tell he was a little hesitant, as he entered the building. I tried to walk in front of him, but he grabbed my hand and walked beside me into the entrance holding my hand.

I was so surprised by his behavior, so unusual. I tried to hide that were holding hands but he just walked slower, it was not like him to so openly show his feelings for me. As we went to the emperor, I could see all the contempt on his and everyone’s face. I was as confused about his behavior as they were. We walked past the emperor, and he let go of my hand. Then the emperor sat down, and everyone carried on. People drank, danced, and laughed, as I was stood in the back of the room ignoring everything.

He then walked over to me and he said, “I wanted to congratulate you on a great job on that last engagement.”

The emperor followed him and added, “Which is why I think you should be rewarded!”

The general stared at me with his good eye. I was too embarrassed to make direct eye contact.

Then he handed me the gold crown I now cherish so much, and he said, “I had this made especially for you.” he graciously put it on my head, as he whispered in my ear, “I’ll get you out I promise!” I was so confused, and I still am. What was that supposed to mean?

Suddenly I could feel the vibration of machinery, as I woke up, I realized I was back on the ship in my usual room. I knew my time was almost over, I noticed they had taken my dagger. Probably so I could not commit suicide with it. I admit, I had considered.

I could hear the officers arguing, “I tell you it doesn’t matter, and we’ll be the ones who are going to be finished.”
Then my commander said, “Not if we tell what really happened!”

Then I heard another female voice I did not recognize say, “I will be filing a full report to my government and yours, so I would suggest you watch what you say! The late Regent Mr. Ravore may be dead but I am not!” Then I heard the hatch to the bridge open and close.

I could still hear them muttering indistinctly but I did not care, as I just curled up on the bed so depressed. I fell into a restless sleep. I didn’t know what would happen next. I would probably be executed, or worse, experimentation, torture, or even prison. I could hardly imagine what!

When I woke up again, we had landed back home. Just then, my commander burst in with a shock baton in his hand. I got up growling only to fall again when he lunged at me with it. I was too weak from the earlier electrocution to fight back so I did not have the strength to resist when they slapped me in chains, removed my collar, and dragged off to wherever they were taking me.

“I’m going to die!”

Last edited by DragonWolf_keny on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 2
Escape!

They dragged me to a headquarters building where I was taken inside. We passed down several hallways, and into an office. The name on the sign by the door read, “Admiral Brannon Martinet.” as we entered I could only guess, that I was going to find out my crime and punishments.

As I looked around the room, I could see why imperialists were so fanatical. The office was decorated with all kinds of statues and pictures everywhere, mostly of previous emperors. Imperial Dragon insignias were on every wall, and a bust of the current emperor was sitting on a pedestal towards the back of the room, in front of a huge window. The evening sun seemed to light the room with an almost blood red glow through the crimson curtains. In the center of the room, there was a desk, and behind it was the admiral.

He wore a red uniform with the same gray trim as mine, except it had different markings. His face was dark featured and strongly boned; his dark brown eyes had such a dark and pricing gaze from his deeply set sockets. He was frailly built but his ghoulish appearance made him seem a bit intimidating.

“Commander Tosran! Is this the slave?” He asked glaring at me.

“Yes sir. She failed her mission to protect the regent!” answered my commander. I had not heard my commander’s last name before.

I scoffed at him for blaming me for his mistake again. “So typical, an imperial never takes the blame.”

Then the officer said, “Yes well, we’ll deal with her as soon as I take care of my business with the new regent.”

I wasn’t surprised to be ignored while they talked. Slaves seem so unimportant to their masters, no mater what race they are.

“The new regent sir?” said my commander puzzled behind me.

The officer answered, “The woman that was accompanying regent Ravore. She has been promoted, now she’s the new regent.”

I cold see the worry in my commander’s face, as the admiral yelled, “From now on, I would appreciate it if you would practice more discrete methods, when you try cover up your incompetence!”

I was surprised how almost frightened Tosran looked. “You do wish to take your place at the emperor‘s side don’t you?” he asked almost like a manipulative parent would a child.

“Yes sir.” answered my former superior Once again he continued his speech, “Our plans will, go forward. Do you understand?”

My former superior repeated again, “Yes sir.”

“Good, because I’m not giving you many more chances!” The officer further screamed at him.

Finally he seemed to be finished with his speech, and He paced over to his desk pushed a button, on his desk intercom and yelled into it. “Send in a drone to retrieve the bio form, and tell the regent ill be right with her.”

He glared at us shouting, “I’ll tolerate no more mistakes! The invasion will begin soon, and if you intend to live through it you won’t make another one!”

Just then, something grabbed me by the collar of my uniform. It was one of those damn mechanical monstrosities that the Empire used for security. It had sneaked up on me while I was listening for a hint to what my punishment would be. All I could hear further was, “Send her to the lab!”

I started screaming wildly struggling, “Tosran you lying bastard!” as it lifted me into the air and took two giant steps back. “It’s not my fault!” I further screamed, as the door shut tight.

I could feel my uniform was starting to tear at the seams as it turned and began walking.“Not without a fight!” I grunted to myself.

Thinking quickly in desperation, I just grabbed my shoulders and helped it tear at the seams with my claws, so it would rip exactly how I wanted. Luckily, it did before that stupid thing realized what was going on, and as soon I hit the floor I started running as fast as my legs could carry me.

“See you trash can!” I yelled mockingly as I ran. That was their first mistake, I thought to myself, as I rounded a left corner. I had to hold my chest to keep my uniform form falling off. I almost didn’t care as I was so determined to escape. I was almost sure that I could get away as I ran down a hallway. As I turned another corner to the right, I ran right into a dead end.

“Uh Oh” I stated in fear. I could hear its metal feet running to follow me. Turning around, I took a few steps backwards towards the end of the hallway. It had just come around the corner and was starring at me with its red glowing cameras. I didn’t notice a hatch in the floor had opened behind me. I stepped back again, and I fell backwards into it. I had fallen into the garbage chute by blind luck.

I slid down the chute and landed on my back into the garbage dumpster. I was in so much shock from the fall I must have blacked out after that.

I woke later when some garbage fell on me. I noticed my uniform had slid down to my waist, so I pulled it back up over my bra in an attempt to retain what little dignity I had. I tied the torn parts together, so it at least did not get in the way. It was tighter fit but I didn’t care.

Then I looked out through the lid of the dumpster. I could see there was almost nothing in the way between me and freedom. “They call it, Supreme security … hah what a joke.” I mumbled noticing the gate was barely even guarded at all. I looked to see if it was safe to run. I saw there was not much blocking me from the gate so I waited for the security patrol to pass. It was safe after that so, I ran for it.

Suddenly, the alarm sounded just before I got to the gate.

I decided it was better to hide, so I ran behind some barrels just a few feet in front of the gate, by a refueling station. Then I peered over them to see what had happened. The gates slammed shut with a loud thundering vibration.

“I’m trapped!” I muttered, wondering what could’ve sounded the alarm.

I could hear raised voices “What’s going on?” said one soldier.

“An unknown force is attempting to infiltrate the base. If you see anything unusual, report it immediately,” answered an officer. I wonder what that could’ve been about. A minute later I saw a few officers run by so I ducked before I was spotted. I waited for things to calm down. It got deadly silent. I looked to see how many, if any at all were guarding the door.

Just as I peered over the barrel out of nowhere came a huge explosion. Some of the fuel barrels fell over from the force of the explosion, several of them pinned me to the ground. Rather than panic, I tried to lay as still as possible, so as not to attract attention.

Then suddenly, one officer yells, “You two stay and guard the gate!” “And one of you go and check those barrels, get them secured immediately!” ordered another officer.

I listened for his footsteps; I heard them getting close. I wasn’t sure if I was seen yet, but the soldier had spotted my tail sticking up out of the pile. He yelled, “What the hell do I see here?” then he kicked the barrel off of me.

“Not yet!” I growled as I sprang up. I caught him by complete surprise, as I cut his vulnerable and exposed neck open with my claws. The gun then fell from the dying soldier’s hands. I picked it up, and pushing his corpse aside I ran for the gate.

Now that only the one guard was left, I thought it would be easy to get through the gate. I ran faster, but as I picked up speed my uniform came untied, fell to my knees, and tripped me. I frantically just ripped it rest of the way off and scrambled to my feet. Which was, just enough time for him to raise his rifle and prepare to kill me on sight?

I was so sure I would die, but just before he pulled the trigger something miraculous happened. Yet another explosion roared and I was thrown backwards a few feet. I had dropped the rifle but, I got up seconds later half naked and only a little stunned. I was very surprised to see the gate was now destroyed, so I took the opportunity to escape through it.

As I ran, I cold hear I was being pursued. I looked behind me, and saw a soldier clad in full assault power armor. He was racing to catch me. I ran faster, I could have cared less that I was nearly naked, I was almost free.

I ran a long ways ducking and hiding as much as I could. I came to an apartment complex and climbed to the second floor looking to hide from my pursuer. Just as I passed the fourth door, he fired a grenade at me. It hit the concrete balcony shattering it and burning away at my fur, and what was left of my clothes. The force of the explosion threw me completely through the door.

“I knew I was going to die!”

I laid there for several minutes covered by collapsing debris. I was losing a lot of blood. Suddenly, some of the ruble was pushed aside. I could hear faint voices “Hey Kyle, over here!” I was hardly able to hear much more, as I fell into darkness, blacking out once again.

I could remember little more than the feeling of falling almost like dreaming except without actually being asleep. I could hear mostly muttering indistinct voices and sounds for hours on end. It was an interesting feeling of near death, I had felt this once before. Like the last time I fought for the empire.

I awoke this time, to find myself in an unfamiliar bed. I was naked as I had expected, but my chains had also been removed. I thought I was dead but as I inspected myself, I found several painful wounds, which were neatly bandaged. If I were dead, I doubt I would still have felt pain.

I looked around to see where I was. There were only two doors. It was dark, save for the moonlight through the glass door leading outside to a balcony. I could see as well in the dark as I could in the light. I saw the room was furnished as a typical bedroom. There was a dresser, wall mounted television, and a vanity table with a mirror and matching chair. Because of the furniture, I assumed that the room must have belonged to a woman.

Suddenly, there was a stirring in the corner. I noticed a chair with a sleeping figure in it, which appeared to be a human male.

I silently got up, trying not to wake him. I walked over to the glass door, and looked out to see it was snowing outside. The moonlight was kind of romantic.

Then I heard a voice from the corner, “where will you go?… Naked, not human… don’t you think you’ll stand out?”

I looked over my shoulder to see he was getting up. I just looked at him terrified and so confused, as he walked over to me. I wasn’t sure what would happen to me next. Feeling so terrified and variable, I just started sobbing.

Someone came in through the other door. I could see the light from the hallway, as a slender built woman entered. She asked, “Kyle what’s going on?” … “Oh I see, she’s awake … well that’s good” she then stated as if to answer her own question.“I made some things for her to wear. I had to get creative, but I think they’ll do.” she again said.

She then continued to enter the room turning on the light. she says, “Kyle! Stop staring and get out, so she can get dressed.”

I had not noticed he had been holding my hand the whole time. As he left I tried to stop sobbing, while she just began dressing me. I admit it felt kind of strange being dressed like a child would be by their mother but, I was just too petrified to comprehend where I was or what was happening to me.

She began to slide my arms into the straps of my new bra; she talked softly as she did, “its OK.” … “You can just relax now, were trying to help you.” I just nodded as she continued to dress me. “Kyle told me about what happened to you, literally being blown into his living room after all.” she said.

I slid my feet into the panties she was holding for me. She had modified them with a tail sleeve to better suit my unusual physiology. As she pulled them up over my tail, she commented in a somewhat hateful tone, “It really doesn’t surprise me, these days the Empire seems to be murdering people right out in public.”

“This outfit really doesn’t seem to fit for a royal.” she said as she picked up the skirt.

“What makes you think I’m royalty?” I asked shyly beginning to feel a little safer.

“Oh I must have jumped to conclusions again,” she said, as she helped me put on the skirt. I wasn’t used to wearing such clothing. As I put on the shirt myself, she went over to the vanity, opened the drawer, and picked up my crown form the drawer while she told me, “You were wearing this when they found you, which is why I thought you were royalty.”

“I thought I had lost it when I had escaped. I had even forgotten I was wearing it.” I took it, examining it closely looking for any sign of tracking devices that might be hidden on it.

“Why were they shooting at you?” She asked looking at the imperial mark burned into my left shoulder.

I pulled the short sleeve down over it. She looked at me and said, “You don’t have to answer me if you don’t want to, I can understand if you don’t even want to talk about it.”

As I put my crown on my head, looking in the mirror; I thought that I probably would have looked better without it. It completely clashed with the outfit. Nevertheless, it was now my only prized possession. I would not allow myself to loose it again.

I gathered my thoughts for a moment, as she left the room. I knew the empire would hunt for me. I decided there was nothing I could do about it for now, Therefore I followed her into the hallway where she and the man I now knew as Kyle were talking.

“We should get her to a doctor, I’m pretty sure she needs one.” she said.

“Yeah you’re probably right but who can we trust?” asked Kyle.

She quickly answered, “I think I know someone.”

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. He pulled out a gun as she went to answer it, and then told me, “go back into the bedroom and stay quiet!”

Instead of doing as he ordered, I just hid in the hallway where I could hear.“Oh good, It’s about time. It’s my boss, and don’t get upset, I called him.” said the woman.

I heard the door open, and then Kyle came around the corner putting away his gun.
I asked him, “What’s going on Kyle?”

He just took my hand looking apparently surprised by my knowing his name. I have an excellent memory for names.

“Come on its time I introduced everyone.” he said softly, as he led me by the hand to the living room.

A man in a business suit was sitting on the couch, talking to the woman “so what was so important to have me come all the way to your apartment.” he said before noticing me as we came in.

“Oh I see.” he said as Kyle took me to the couch where I sat down. Kyle started introducing everyone, “I think she should at least get to know everyone, this is Lori and that kid over there by the table is Alex.”

The other man introduced himself “and I am Senator Derrick Colstien.”
“So what should we call you?” asked Kyle.
“I have no name. Slaves have to earn that right.” I answered.

The senator remarked, “Well, I can understand why you called me, but are you nuts Lori! If she is found here you could be executed.”

“So now I suppose you’re going to try to cover your own ass too!” Lori shouted frustratingly.
“Enough! Let’s get back to the subject here.” shouted Kyle.

“Well she needs a doctor!” said Lori.

“I think I know of a doctor we can trust but we had better get moving, I will go get my car while all of you get her ready,” said, derrick as he left to retrieve his car. Kyle checked his gun and followed him “I’ll go with you. Sorry but I can’t be too paranoid at this point.” he stated sarcastically.
“That’s alright I’m a politician, I understand.” Derrick wittily remarked.

I waited for someone to tell me what to do while they just left out the front door.“What do I do next? I am so used to being told what to do.” I muttered. “What do I do with freedom?” I sighed.

As I got more depressed, I curled up and wrapped my self in my wings as I always did when I was worried. I did not pay much attention to anything else until…

“You share it!” said the voice of a child. The young boy who had been sitting by the kitchen table, which I had paid little attention to till now. Now he was standing right in front of me. He stated softly, “That’s what you do with freedom… you share It.”

I looked up at the boy; He appeared to be at the age of twelve. He had the most unusual purple eyes, and his hair was blond. He was scrawny and appearing so much weaker than me. He was wearing a plain white t shirt and blue jeans. He also was wearing a gun belt which I found very unusual for a such a young human child.

Then Lori came in as he then skipped out the door. She handed me a heavy cloak. “Put it on! At least you’ll be hidden even if you’re not inconspicuous.” I of course did as told as I was so routinely used to. However, I pulled the hood up and put my crown over it.

“Hmm I wish I thought of that! Now you kind of look like one of derricks alien ambassador friends” said Lori. I just smiled and nodded.

Moments later Alex came in and hollered “Come on lets go Lori they're waiting on us!”

She led me outside where the car was waiting. It was a white limo. I got pushed in first by Lori. I was used to being last in everything, except of course in abusive and perverse jokes. When everyone was in, we started out, as I watched out the window silently.

Then Kyle said, “You’ve got to have a name. So ill just let you think of one for yourself.” I just looked at him so lost. “Just let us know when you think of one OK.” he added

I nodded yet again. I am so used to only being addressed as a slave and punished when I spoke out of turn. I just sat and watched outside until we arrived at our destination. We drove up to this rather large space port. It was nothing like the military landing bases I had seen. There were spacecraft of all kinds and many aliens walking the sidewalks. It was so casual and almost no guards.

“What’s the deal? why are we at this star port? I thought you knew a doctor?” Kyle Asked.

“I do, but we also need to get her off this world to get to them, and besides if the empire is trying to kill her, we had better hurry.” Kyle didn’t look to pleased at all. the senator got out and said “just trust me, and wait here, Lori and I will get them to prepare a private shuttle for us.”

as Lori shut the door she said, “we’ll be right back, it wont take long.”

Last edited by DragonWolf_keny on Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 3
Spark of Freedom

It seemed like a longer stretch of time then they had made it out to be. Almost like a couple of hours, as Kyle and Alex had fallen asleep lying across the seat. While the driver, whom I had yet to be introduced to, was playing with some kind of computer.

I wasn’t really tired because of all the rest I had gotten from blacking out, so I just silently sat there waiting and watching the many patrons of the star port carry on about their day. It was so different to the kinds of places I had seen, it was a huge structure. It seemed old, possibly older than the empire. Its construction looked almost like an enormous athletic sports dome. Except one side was open to huge runways, where several ships were landing and departing.

Finally, they came out and Lori opened the door, as Derrick woke Kyle and Alex. He said in a relaxed almost confident way, “I’ve managed to get my personal shuttle brought out for us.” Lori also added, “Now all we need is a pilot, and I don’t trust the port or Derrick.”

Derrick tried to look innocent, but failed terribly. Kyle then stated, “If I can rest a bit, I’ll fly it.”

Lori said surprised, “Can you fly spacecraft?”

Kyle reassured, “Well I haven’t since I found Alex, but it’s like riding a bike.”

I just Slurred my words as I yawned, “Then let’s get off of this living hell hole and go far away.”

Then we drove off to the hanger. We arrived, just as they had finished preparing the private shuttle. It was rather more welcoming than the one I used to serve on. It was long and cylindrical in shape, much like a pre stellar aircraft. It had wings that seemed to serve as solar collectors for powering the ship. At the back and mounted beneath the wings, it had large space engines, and three solar tail flaps stretching out from the sides and top. If it weren’t for the engines, it might have been mistaken for those antiques that could barely even break the planets gravity.

We stopped short of the entry ramp and Kyle got out first with his gun drawn. As we spilled out of the limo, I heard a familiar sound. Like guns being caulked and readied. I looked up at the airlock and saw Admiral Martinet stepping out of it.

I yelled, “Get back in the car!” But I was too late; we were quickly surrounded by imperial soldiers.

“Don’t move I’ve had to kill a few traitors already ... Now throw down your weapons!” declared, the admiral.

“They’re only traitors if they were loyal in the first place.” I retorted in a fit of bravery and growing anger.

As Alex and Kyle dropped their weapons, he stalked over to me and said, “I should be thankful you hadn’t died. Thanks to your new little friends I may now have the data that they were trying to steal.”

He started pacing back towards the others, as he went into an over confident lecture. “traitorous spies of the empire will be punished as will all those who oppose order!

Derrick blared out almost stupidly, “you can’t harm a republic senator and you can’t kill someone under republic protection without declaring war!”

The enraged admiral quickly declared, “I am declaring war! War on chaos… and, I can do as necessary to protect the human order.” I waited for him to pace towards me, while I was assessing a way out.

He carried on with his speech, “I will of course have to explain your death. Tragic it was, What with the accidental reactor explosion and all!”

Just as he was near me I had had enough. I’m tired of running. I could feel an adrenalin rush coming on as I appeared to feel stronger. Then when he was close enough, I grabbed him from behind, and bit down hard into his shoulder badly crippling him, and tearing at his flesh. One of his guards tried to hit me with the butt of his rifle, but His rifle broke on impact. I was so strong, with one swift flex I let go of their leaders shoulder, grabbed the soldier with my wings, and hurled him at another guard, which had fired and now killed his own man.

Both Kyle and Alex picked up their guns and began helping me fight them off., killing one more. I could tell that the boy was almost as good a marksman as Kyle. I turned to the next soldier within arms reach. I roared loudly, as he raised his rifle. I just twisted his arm backwards, took the rifle and, fired it at his head. Turning my fury on another soldier nearby, I roared at him, but kyle had already shot him in the head. The rest ran in horror as I had killed two and injured one in no effort at all, bringing their numbers down to two. The bastard only brought six guards with him, which was his second mistake.

Throwing down the rifle, I walked over and grabbed the admiral up by the throat, before he could get up and try to run. I held him up to my face. I was taller than him, so he was starting to choke.“Death to the emperor!” I Acclaimed, while breathing heavily in his face.

“Don’t kill him yet!” Lori yelled.

I was so angry; I threw him at the ramp, knocking him out cold. My anger was wild as I Roared, “I just want so badly to tear him apart!”

But Kyle held me back and I started to feel the rage leaving me. Kyle started to calm me down saying, “its OK! Hey. He’ll get what he deserves in the end.”

I began calming down slowly, as Lori dragged the unconscious officer on board, and out of my site. I could see the fear in her eyes as she boarded the shuttle.

I breathed heavily as he continued counseling me. “It’s going to be alright!” he stated in a worried tone, “don’t sink to their level.” he added. I was mad to tears. I looked him strait in the eyes slouching to my knees catching my breath.

Kyle tried to console me by saying, “you have beautiful eyes… you know that?”

I laughed saying, “I’ve heard that they were ugly, just like Me.” we went aboard the shuttle.

As I entered the airlock, Kyle said, “Let’s go escape from hell.”

the limo driver had met us at the airlock and declared, “ill start the reactor, I'm good with fixin things.” he spoke with a somewhat unusual southern accent. He introduced himself, “howdy mam, Names Jeff by the way.”

I immediately followed him to the engine room. I then helped him check for any signs of sabotage. Although, I was not really very skilled in starship engineering, I could make basic repairs but I defiantly wasn’t an expert. He had to tell me what to do the whole way. Everything seemed to be fine to me, so together we began powering up the ships reactor. It was fast for an antique; I expected it to be rather slower.

As soon as he told me it was ready for start up, I put on the headset for the ship radio and told Kyle, “No surprises we could find can, but I still won’t feel safe till we leave earth behind.”

I wasn’t too fond of the noises these ships engines make. Kyle of course made it worse by flaring up the thrusters a little early. The feel of ships during take off always made me so nervous.

I could only imagine how it must have felt to be in Kyle’s chair right now. It was a long period of no excitement at all after we left the planet behind, which seemed unusual to me.

Why weren’t we pursued? I guessed we must have looked almost unimportant mixed with all the other thousands of other ships coming and going.

I began to feel a bit board as Jeff was doing all the work. so I decided to go to the bridge. I was just about to walk up there, when the emergency alert lights all lit up. The lights began fluttering wildly the alarm blared so loud my ears started to hurt.

A shrill male metallic voice uttered, “Error, power flow irregular, Error, warning reactor heat level going critical!”

I could not understand it, “what the hell did I do!” It shouldn’t have been malfunctioning, and then I remembered what that admiral had said during his rant. Jeff quickly began reacting as his training had apparently taught him and disconnected the power manually.

Unfortunately It ruined the on board computer in the process, and the entire ship went dark. I was beginning to get depressed and pissed off at the same time. Thinking about all these attempts to kill me only made me madder. I pounded my fists at a dead control panel screaming in anger.

Kyle came into the room holding a flashlight and asked, “What happened?”

I was so sick of all this fighting to be free. I just looked at him and said, “I should have known they would sabotage the damn generator.”

He stated the bright side of it all. “At least we didn’t explode, and don’t blame yourself it’s not your fault.”

Not that it made me feel any better, but he was right. I just followed him to the passenger deck and sat down in one of the seats on the front row near the others.

Alex was sleeping next to a window shivering from the cold. I walked over and gave him my cloak for a blanket, wrapping him in it while he slumbered.

Derrick sitting not to far behind him said, “Such a curious child, so young and yet so mature?”

I sat back down next to Alex and said, “I’d imagine he is a lot like me. He‘s a strong fighter, but also so lonely and vulnerable inside”

He just changed the subject, “I’m guessing we can’t get away right now?” and I answered him, “No. were stuck here unless we can figure out a way to fix the computer.”

Derrick just muttered depressed, “Maybe my mother was right, I should have married that princess!” then he dropped a hand held computer on the floor, walked back to the back of the ship lighting a cigar.

My attention was now shifted on the exact solution to the problem. “Huh?” I picked up the computer and ran excitedly to Jeff. “hey Jeff, could you maybe use parts from this thing to fix the problem?”

he looked at me and seemed deep in thought for a moment, “yup, I think it might just do the trick.” He then went back to engineering, and began attempting to rig up a new ships computer out of it. It worked but he said he also needed more memory.

“Well you should go to the bridge and get me some more parts, before you go ill show you what I need.” he then calmly instructed me on what I needed to do, So I ran up to the bridge, where Kyle was ripping the battery out of the black box. I said as he pulled out his knife, “I think we can get the ship flying again.”

He cut the cord to the battery and stated, “That’s great, and I don’t need an imperial patrol’s attention so we really don’t need this.”

I told him, “Well Jeff said, we need memory more than we do power.”

Then Kyle asked, “But I thought the generator was broken why does it need memory?” and I answered as I began borrowing what I needed from the navigations computer, “it isn’t and doesn’t.”

I think I confused him, because he then declared, “You lost me!”

So I replied, “Just be ready to jump as soon as we can get it back up and running.”

He then asked, “Where to?” I answered again as I left back for the engine room, “the safest place you can think of!”

I quickly ran back to the engine room and began helping Jeff modify the ships computer to use the laptop as a platform to restore most of the ships systems. “It worked!” I shouted with much delight, as everything powered up with a few sparks.

I ran back to the bridge where Kyle was already powering up for the jump to hyperspace. I noticed the navigations computer was automatically set on a destination but I had no idea where. The ship jerked wildly, as the engines immediately sent us into jump.

Kyle was a bit startled but relieved when he said, “well I don’t know what well find where were going, but its better than drifting dead in space.”

I didn’t care I was free. The jump didn’t take long it was only an eight hour flight when the engines kicked us back into normal space. There was a new problem though; the jump used all of our fuel.

Although Kyle wasn’t too unpleased, “well I guess our luck is holding.” he stated as he unbuckled his harness and got up. “Were dead in space again, but it looks like we may not be as unlucky as it seems.”

I was a little confused, what did he mean? He further explained, “I know there is an old abandoned space station here that may be just what we’re looking for. Its on the other side of the asteroid field.”

I inquired, “is this station an imperial one by any chance?”

He answered, “maybe, but I knew some space pirates that had used it as a hideout once, so maybe we can use it too.”

I asked feeling a bit cautious, “well what if it’s not deserted anymore? And what makes you think it’ll be safe?

He answered, “Well, it’ll still be safer than we are now, and besides even if the pirates are still there we can bargain off our imperial hostage.”

I commented vengefully, “why not kill him and sell them his possessions and uniform?”

He just smirked and said, “well, as tempting as that is, I think he’d be more valuable alive. Besides if we have to, well just bluff our way out.”

I was a little worried about how we would get to the station but Kyle seemed confident so I just went the back with him as he started to explain the situation to the others.

“Well were out of fuel, but were not dead yet! We still have an escape pod, which will get us to a possible safe port I know about.” he yelled confidently.

The others didn’t seem to need any instructions, as Kyle led me to the escape pod. As Lori passed Kyle I saw her kiss him and whisper “good luck.” in his ear.

Lori and derrick tried to drag the struggling admiral aboard as well. I noticed they had tied and gagged him with electrical tape. I kicked his head and put him unconscious once again. Lori thanked me and we dragged him to the back of the pod.

Kyle began powering up the pod for launch. I sat down in on one of the couches on the side of the pod. Alex came over and decided to lie down in my lap. It was several hours of travel before we would reach the station, and I had also become tired after all this excitement. So I leaned against the wall and fell asleep.

Last edited by DragonWolf_keny on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 4
Purpose of Freedom

Hours passed, it’s been a day since we escaped. It doesn’t seem like so long, time is funny that way, so much can happen in so little of it.

My nap was restless; all I could do was lay there having nightmares. Strange nightmares some I couldn’t tell if they were just my mind playing tricks, or somehow memories of my past. My dreams were short; I woke to the sound of proximity alarms. Alex was still sleeping in my lap. He seemed so peaceful. I tried to get up without waking him. Unfortunately he woke up anyways, but he yawned and went back to sleep.

I walked up to Kyle in the pilot’s seat and asked, “Are we there yet?”

He answered, “No, its strange I programmed the proximity to ignore asteroids at far range, so it can’t be telling me that’s what’s coming at us.”

I asked, “Could it be a ship maybe, they could be a rescue possibility, if it’s not imperial or maybe they’re bandits.”

Kyle again answered, “Whatever it is its metallic and has an E.M. signature so it’s defiantly a ship, but the real question is, are they friendly?”

I looked out of the cockpit searching for movements besides the asteroids drifting around us. I couldn’t make much out, but what I could see, was that asteroids don’t just float peacefully, they move. Kyle noticed the ship approaching before I did. Unfortunately I noticed its markings were imperial as well. It didn’t even bother docking; it just fired a tow cable at us and started pulling us closer to one of the larger asteroids. This behavior confused me; usually they would at least try to contact us over the radio.

We were almost about to collide against the big asteroid when all of the sudden we just appeared inside this hanger. Kyle had panicked a bit and had fallen out of the chair. I giggled a bit and helped him up. We all started to gather towards the ships back hatch.

Kyle handed me a pistol saying, “Here, you can’t be too careful.” after which he and Alex readied their guns and waited for what ever was to come through the hatch.

The hatch only be reopened from the outside once it had been sealed, so whoever brought us here had to open it by hand. It wasn’t long till the hatch opened, and outside it stood two fully armed and ready imperial dressed marines. There was an officer in black uniform behind them as well.

The marines ordered forcefully, “Drop the weapons, now!” menacingly threatening us with their rifles.

Kyle obviously knew that a fight here might be pointless, so he looked at Alex and said, “Do it.” and the others including derrick did as ordered. Mine was small enough to hide in my cleavage, so I had hidden it under my blouse before the hatch opened, and hoped they wouldn’t notice I hadn’t dropped a weapon.

The officer came forward and ordered the marines, “take the admiral away.” and he looked at me and said, “Well, well, you arrived after all, we’ve been expecting you.”

Another two marines came aboard and began corralling us out of the pod, and collected our weapons. We all were taken deeper inside the asteroid; the place looked strangely deserted for an outpost. No guards besides our captors, no other personnel. It seemed strange to have so few running the place.

The walls were carved into the rock face, but there was a fiberglass covering between us and the rock. This probably guaranteed a sealed atmosphere. It was almost like the place was built to be totally automated, as we passed a hallway junction I noticed these robotic maintenance units fixing a panel in the wall. We were taken to a large room that looked to me like a control room. There was a chair in the center surrounded by computers. Someone appeared to be sitting in the chair but I couldn’t see them clearly as they had their back to me.

The officer in black walked over to the chair and said, “Sir, the visitors have arrived. Sir.” his discipline was higher than I was used to, that puzzled me a bit as I never heard imperials repeat sir after their statements.

The sitting officer waved his hand at the other officer as he backed away. I was more confused, he wasn’t behaving like any imperial I knew. And what did they mean by, we were expected.

The man in the chair turned around and said, “Well, if it isn’t my favorite ex-slave.” as soon as I saw his face, I couldn’t help but smile. It was the soldier from my dreams. He was the General that had given me my crown. He stood up saying, “I was starting to think you hadn’t made It.” as he came over and started hugging me.

The others seemed completely confused, as they just stood there dumbstruck. I smiled back at them saying, “It’s alright, he’s an old friend.”

It finally made sense, all of what I had been through. The gate back on the earth base, the admirals ranting about the spies. All of this was planned from the beginning.

The spy whom I had only since known only as sir then said, “don’t worry, were not really imperial and to prove it I will give you all back your weapons.” he further added as he returned Kyle’s gun, “my name is Jackson Marinose I'm a Confederate Captain, and I should thank you all, for bringing her back to me. I was so worried about her safely.”

Kyle seemed a bit edgy when he took back his gun. He stated a bit crudely, “So even the confederation has its share of spies?” as he checked to make sure it was still loaded.

Jack continued to explain the obvious, “yes we had infiltrated the empire to find intelligence about this planned invasion, but I admit even we had a hard time getting away without being seen.”

“We had intended to take her with us, to help prove that something needed to be done about the empire's slave activity.”

I was starting to wonder at this point, just how far had he gone help me escape. I unknowingly whispered, “Could he have had something to do with that regent’s death?”

He had overheard me and shouted, “No I did not! I had nothing, to do with that.” … “But I am sorry it happened.”

I was a bit overwhelmed by all this but a bit relieved. I asked “well are we leaving here soon, or can I get maybe a warm shower and some new clothes first?”

Lori seemed to have my sentiment as well, as she came over and said, “A shower sounds refreshing, can I join you?”

Jack answered my request first, “Of coarse you may my dear, Daniel will show you to a stateroom.” as he waved to the officer in black again.

We just followed Daniel down another hall while the others stayed and talked to jack. I was so relieved to be away from the empire. All I could think about was how good it felt to be free. Finally I was truly free, free to make choices, free to do as I wished.

But I also started to think about other things, what about the other slaves? The words Alex said back on earth when we first met. I could remember them, like whistles of truth. “What do I do with freedom?” I whispered again and also answered, “I shall share it!”

I knew now my purpose, I decided then I would soon free my kind from the tyrant they called the emperor. I just had no idea how I was to accomplish this revolution.

Lori and I had followed Daniel through the station and back to the hanger, and we were about to board a new starship. This starship was rather unfamiliar to me, it was not like any imperial design I had seen. It was definitely not hostile in design, but it was lightly armed and heavily armored. It had confederate markings, so I assumed it was what jack had used to escape. We boarded it without stopping and I could not really look at it more thoroughly.

We were led on to the passenger cabin's deck, and into this huge stateroom, it was beautiful. It was big enough to house a whole family of Imperial royals.

The officer stated once we had entered, “The captain has requested that you make yourselves at home in his quarters, as he will be otherwise too busy use them himself.” he paused then added; “if you ever need anything at all, please don’t hesitate to ask.”

Lori thanked him as he left the room, as she seemed to admire the room a little. She seemed as surprised as I was to see such an accommodating bedroom.

The whole place was decorated beautifully. It was more like something I’d expect from a luxury diplomatic transport starship. There was a huge canopy bed on the far back wall, and a large window on the outer hull wall. The bright blue curtains matched the bed perfectly. The walls were paneled with stained wood and elaborately lined with gold trimmings.

Lori walked into the bathroom and apparently didn’t hesitate to make herself at home; she gathered a couple towels for the both of us. She then came back over to me and said, “well do you want that shower or not?” she then led me into the bathroom, I could see the bathroom was almost as much luxurious as the rest of the stateroom. It was more like a royal bathhouse. It had a large marble tub already filled with water steaming with warmth.

Lori had already started undressing; I began to ready my self for the bath as well by removing the gun from my blouse and placing it and my crown on the counter by the sink.

It was kind of awkward when Lori had to help me; she saw I had trouble with the skirt. When I was finally naked, I then got into the tub. The water felt so soothing. It was like nothing I had ever felt before.

Lori climbed in over by some peculiar buttons on the side of the tub, as she asked, “What do you think these do?” … I just shrugged at her.

She then decided to push one, and the water came to life with water jets making bubbles everywhere. I was a little startled by them at first, but they felt even better than the water alone.

Lori then asked, “Where is the soap? Or maybe bath oils?” as she looked around.

This female voice suddenly came from the doorway, “there aren’t any, you just push the white button under the one you just did.” I recognized this voice, rather vaguely. I had heard it before but I can scarcely remember where.

As the woman entered, I quickly noticed it was the new regent. The one that I had met when I saw the old regent killed. I didn’t really notice before, but her ears were pointed. I had heard of a race similar to humans with that feature before, but I had never actually seen one.

She was beautifully built like a strong framed warrior, but she still maintained a slender exterior. Her assets were just as plentiful as the rest of her graceful body. Her skin was also a might paler than most humans. She was wearing a white confederate uniform just like the old regent’s. Hers however had a lot fewer medals.

She then stated as she shut the doors behind her, “It’s injected into the water, so all you have to do is scrub yourself.”

Lori then asked, “And who might you be, the captain’s first mate, or wife perhaps?”

The woman laughed as she slowly began unbuttoning her uniform, “well I’m certainly not his wife, but actually I outrank him.” “I give him his orders, when I’m able to contact him without blowing his cover.”

Lori then remarked, “So you’re actually the one in charge here?”

She paused for a moment, and then answered, “My name is Lady Iladra Denmore” she then began tacking off her shirt and added, “and if you don’t mind, I thought I might join you?”

Lori then said, “Well of course milady, if you don’t mind mingling with us commoners that is.” as she pushed the button for the soap.

The lady then finished undressing, and entered the tub. She stated while the water glazed with foam from the soap, “Please just call me Illi, titles really bore me.”

To my surprise, she sat down beside me. Illi was strangely a little friendlier than I was expecting, she seemed almost empathetic towards me.

Lori apathetically said, “I apologize, with all this luxury, I forget I’m not in the presence of royals.” Lori was already scrubbing herself clean with a wash towel. Lori didn’t take very long to clean herself; she seemed in a hurry to finish.

Illi turned to me and said, “I really am sorry for the trouble I might have caused you”… “I tried to persuade the admiral you used to serve under to well, sell you to me, but he would not have it.”

I was a little apprehensive about the idea of being sold to a confederate. She seemed a little strangely amorous, sitting so close to me.

She then explained, “Before I was promoted the plan was, to have my superior buy you as a slave.” she paused a moment seeming to think carefully about telling me anything further.

She then continued, “Before we could get to earth to make the purchase someone, we don’t know who, assassinated him.”

Lori then quipped, “And I suppose we are to believe, that it was someone not associated with the confederacy.”

Illi didn’t seem to like the implication, “The confederacy does not resort to such blatantly, underhanded tactics as assassinating its own members!”

Lori said as she got up and began climbing out of the tub, “I better get back to check on the others.”

She whispered in my ear as she passed, “stay here and keep an eye on her, just because they seem friendly doesn’t mean we should trust them.” she then tried to find her clothes that had somehow disappeared.

Lori then asked agitatedly, “hey! Where did my clothes disappear to?”

Illi then swore, “Oh blast, I forgot about the damned Auto Maid.”

she climbed out to help her. She then gave Lori a bathrobe, “here, this will make do till I get you a gown.” She then walked still naked, over to the wall and opened this large wardrobe that was built into the wall. The wardrobe was so weird; it had no clothes in it. It was just large and empty.

Illi just yelled at the wardrobe, “Wardrobe I would like some woman’s elegant attire please?” Then suddenly some outfits began springing up out of the bottom of the wardrobe.

I’ve never seen such devices before, it was so fascinating, and I just sighed, “Wow” as Illi selected a black dress and shoes while Lori put on a pair of fresh underwear.

Lori seemed a little uneasy, “No, I really couldn’t burden you by taking such a pretty dress and shoes from you. They’re beautiful but…”

Illi interrupted her, “It’s not a burden at all; you can just keep them both as a housewarming gift, for when we get back to civilization, I insist.” Illi seemed a little anxious to get her to leave, which seemed a little suspicious to me.

Lori got dressed and said, “Well I’ll see you later um… uh… well, we really need to find something to call you don’t we?”

I commented shyly, “I haven’t really picked a name yet but, I was thinking about it.” I just leaned back on in the now bubble covered bath trying to get comfortable.

Lori then remarked as she left, “well don’t rush into it, you should pick one that suits you, OK.”

As soon as Lori left, Illi got back into the tub and sat down even closer to me than before. I felt very confused as she whispered blowing softly in my ear, “don’t worry pretty one, I’ll get you cleaned up real good.”

She then picked up a washcloth and began scrubbing some bath oils into my fur. She had probably retrieved them from the wardrobe when I had not noticed. I was so nervous when she was done scrubbing my arms.

She seemed to notice I was tense. She stood up went over the shallow part of the tub near the steps, and said, “Come over here, so I can help you scrub those wings.”

I really didn’t know how to react to this; I mean Lori said I should keep an eye on her but what should I do now? I had heard of human women that preferred female company but I had never thought I would get so closed to a non human lesbian. I sat and though for few moments while considering her request.

Illi then said, “That’s good, your learning to make decisions.” as she sat down on one of the steps.

I shyly questioned her, “What do you mean?”

Illi answered, “You just decided not to do as I ordered, and I almost expected you to do it without question.” I was still confused as she further explained, while scrubbing herself with the bath oil, “you should learn to decide whether to act, not to do as you’re told. Of course sometimes you have to do things you don’t like, but it should be because you have to, not because you’re told to.”

She then requested, “Please join me over here, so we can help each other clean our backs?”

This seemed like a strange way to get me to decide to come closer, by asking me to do the same thing anyways. I decided to humor her anyway, nervously moving closer.

She must have decided to help me scrub my legs first, because she then had me sit on the step while she lifted my leg out of the water. As she scrubbed my feet tickling them a little, I couldn’t help smiling.

She then finished the other leg in the same manor, and calmly asked me, “Please, if you could turn around, I’ll help you with those pretty wings of yours.”

I slowly stood up and nervously turned around. Was she actually enjoying this, or was she actually concerned for me. I was so confused, as she began scrubbing deeply massaging my wings and shoulders. It felt so good! She then continued scrubbing down my back. It felt so good; I didn’t even realize I had started purring.

She started scrubbing shampoo into my hair. I thought this might be a sleazy attempt to force me to lose sight of what she was doing, as I stood there blinded by the shampoo, while she got the wash towel. as she washed the soap from my hair, i couldnt help feeling more relaxed.

She then began to finish cleaning herself. I just sat back down on the side of the tub, so relaxed. She now seemed a little tense, as she helped me climb out of the tub. I was so curious, what was all this about.

We both dried off and I waited, while she went over to the wardrobe and said, “Well, it might be a little hard to get you fitted, but I think the wardrobe could scan your measurements and still work.” as she began pushing buttons on a panel beside it.

The wardrobes then put the clothes from earlier away, and putt out a fresh uniform and underwear for her.

I was curious as to what she intended to do to me next, as she walked over and had me raise both arms out to my sides and told me, “please, don’t move, till its finished scanning you!”

Suddenly a red laser came from the top of the wardrobe, and then streaked across my whole body starting from my head and going down. Illi then had me turn around and repeat the same process again.

She commented, “It might take a while for it to tailor something for you, but why don’t I help you get a little more comfortable.” while helping me put on a bath robe, like she had done for Lori.

She then added “You look like you could use a manicure and some other grooming.” as she put on a robe, and led me out to the couch in the bedroom where we both sat down.

She seemed a little bothered, “I hope I didn’t make you feel nervous earlier? If it’s alright I’d like to make it up to you, for all the trouble you went through to get here.” she said softly.

I had never been treated like this before; I had no idea what to do. I was used to being ordered around, never allowed to speak unless spoken to. It was so strange to be addressed as an equal.

Illi got up and walked over to the wall next to a large wall mounted video screen, where she opened a hidden panel and started pushing more buttons. I could only imagine what they did.

After she closed the panel, the shades and curtains then closed, and all of the sudden these unusual looking robots started coming out from another hidden wall compartment.

There were several different kinds; I was so fascinated by how varied they were. They rolled over and began giving me a pedicure and manicure at the same time.

A low beeping noise came from back in the bathroom, Illi then stated, “I’ll be right back, it sounds like the wardrobe might have some underwear finished for you.” as she went back into the bathroom.

I thought it might be best not to let her out of my sight, so as soon as the robots finished I followed after her.

When I entered the bathroom, I could see her holding up a pair of soft light blue panties, which she then came over and held them to my waist to check for a précised fit.

She then looked at me and said, “Well, they aren’t much, but they’ll do for now.” she paused a moment as I walked over to the wardrobe and looked in the mirror. “You go a head and put these on, while I go get a surprise ready for you.” as she handed me the underwear and left the room again.

I of course dressed my self this time. It felt so pleasing wearing these new clothes. They were so much smoother and prettier than the rags I was used to wearing, Even if they were just underwear.

It all was too good to be true, I was free. I just felt so strange, like as if I were dreaming. Even if it were a dream, I hoped I would never wake up.

Once I was done I tied up my robe, and went to the bedroom door where Illi met me and took me back to the couch.

She had prepared some hair cutting equipment and put a towel on the couch to catch loose hair. She then sat me down in front of her and said, “The least I could do for you is be a good host.” “You don’t mind if I cut your hair do you?”

I just nodded a silent no, as she picked up some clippers. She began cutting my hair and fur coat, like I was some kind of dog. I didn’t mind however as it felt rather nice.

When she was done, the wardrobe chimed again, twice this time. She helped me get up and went back to the bathroom. I caught a glimpse of that elusive Auto maid robot, as I followed her to the bathroom as well.

She had already begun looking through the clothes, as I entered. She then took me over to the mirror where she took off my robe saying, “You look good in lingerie.” as she went over to get an outfit for me to wear.

She then brought me this green party dress that had an open back. It looked very pretty but I though my bra might show through the back. Illi didn’t seem too worried, as she retrieved my crown from the counter by the tub. She then came back over and began dressing me, similarly to what Lori had done before.

I looked in the mirror while Illi held another behind me so I could see the back. It was beautiful and I noticed my bra was covered by a thin strap, so I was relieved.
Illi then commented, “There you go! It looks beautiful with that crown.”

I just nodded again, as she then noted, “I’m glad you like it, I can tell. You’re purring!” I hadn’t realized I was so content.

Illi then put on a uniform jut like the one she had been wearing earlier, and said as she took me again by the hand, “Your friends are probably worried, lets go show off your new dress.” she said, as we left the stateroom together.

It was strange to be treated so differently, and I was still a little unsure of Illi’s intentions. But none the less I followed her, as we tried to find our way back to the others.

I was a little relaxed now, but that didn’t last long. Suddenly the silence was broken by the sounds of an alarm.

I was curious of what was going on, but before I could think Illi began running down the hallways. I tried to keep up as she headed for the control room.

When we arrived Jack was ordering his officers, “grab all the supplies you can and get us ready to leave!”

Illi didn’t hesitate to order him as well, “What’s the status captain?”

Jack answered, “Trouble mam, our admiral prisoner escaped and called for reinforcement.”

Illi wasn’t pleased at all, “Well, then we better evacuate.” she then paused a moment looking at Kyle and the others, “That includes our new friends, move it captain!”

Jack then stated, “Yes mam!” as he sprang into action. First handing me another pistol holstered in a brand new gun belt, “here in case we get separated” then he surprised me by handing me my old dagger back, “I was holding it for you.” he calmly added.

I just nodded as the others joined up with us. Kyle came over obviously admiring my new dress. “Now that’s what I call a royal look!” he said with a boyish smile.

I then primped my hair saying, “glad you approve, the elf helped me groom myself.”

I readied my new pistol, and put on the gun belt. We all then ran on down a hallway. Jack led us from the front towards a hanger. I could hear a battle was already starting outside, as the station shook a bit with oncoming fire.

Illi and I were in the rear and she said, “great! it’s a good thing these imperial stations have automated defenses!”
I was curious as I asked, “Is this station imperial?” as we continued running.

Illi didn’t get to answer me, as the tunnel began collapsing probably from a direct hit. I jumped into her pushing both me and Jeff back out of the way, as the collapse cut us both off from jack and the others.

Illi grabbed me by the waist and carried me through the closing emergency doorway. She was incredibly strong for someone so thin. As we both picked our selves off the floor, I noted she was wearing a wrist communicator.She turned on the communicator and yelled into it, “Captain! We’re safe but cut off, carry on and we will seek another route!”

Jeff had already been standing over me and helped me get up off the floor. I got up and checked to make sure I still had my dagger; it was still in the holster with the gun, right where I had put it, and luckily I was still wearing my crown

Jack answered, “Yes mam! You should probably try the second level hangers, but be careful and use the ladders, the lift isn't safe.”

She looked at me and said, “Well Sadaria, you sure have a lucky way of changing plans.” as she collected her gun she had dropped.

We headed down another hallway, and Illi opened this side door leading to a ladder. I was surprised how cool and collected she was. Earlier she just seemed like a calming quiet type. We all began climbing down the ladder and came down right inside the hanger jack had mentioned. It was bigger than the other hanger, and there were several imperial assault vessels berthed here.

Illi seemed satisfied saying, “Well, at least we have a selection to escape in.”

I commented “well I can defiantly help there. I used to serve on one of these.” as we boarded the nearest assault ship.

Illi headed straight to the bridge as Jeff went directly to the engine room. It was a little familiar; the ship was just like the Crazed Fox I was used to, but a little newer. Jeff began quickly powering up the generator, it was fast too. I could feel, The engines were apparently already warming up automatically through the vibrations in the floor as I ran to the bridge.

I then reached the bridge where Illi had already begun flying us out of the hanger. I sat down in the navigations and engineering chair.

I yelled into the ship com system, “It looks good back there Jeff, make preparations for hyperspace as soon as were cleared of the asteroid field.”

Illi seemed a bit tense, as the engines fired up and we lifted off. It was so smooth for such a harsh take off. Illi must be one hell of a pilot.

It was a huge firefight outside the canopy, but strangely they didn’t seem to be targeting us. Illi was dodging fighters and asteroids like she was an ace. The empire was fast to respond to the admirals distress call. Which kinda had me thinking, why such trouble to rescue one man.

Illi then stated as she flew us as far from the battle as possible, “When we finally outrun them, we should definitely talk Sadaria.”

I was already starting up the process for hyperspace flight, as I stated, “If it’s about my name? I like it!” I couldn’t finish setting the hyper drive warm up till we had a clear safe jump solution, and Illi had to set the destination

we dodged asteroids till we exited the field. Illi was just as skilled as I had figured, when we exited the field there wasn’t so much as a scratch on our hull.

We were however, followed. An imperial patrol destroyer was gaining on us, and obviously they had identified us as hostile. Lori slammed the throttle down and tried to put some distance behind us. I was almost ready to jump to hyperspace when the destroyer fired on us.

Illi cursed, “Damn flies are getting restless.” as she started dodging more hazards while I finished priming the star drives under Jeff's protestant direction.

Illi then declared to us both, “hang on I can get us into jump but it’s risky, I don't have a destination set.”

I was a little worried about where we might end up, but it really didn’t matter now. We were in hyperspace without so much as a clue as where we were going.

She then slid her chair back and turned to me saying, “Not a bad escape.” she then sat back and said, “well I guess now is a good time to talk.” as she again started tacking off her outer shirt.

She had a white undershirt on, so I guessed she just wanted to get comfortable. I was curious why she had called me by the name earlier. I then asked her, “so why the name Sadaria, it’s a good one but I was curious.”

She answered rather amorously, “It was once the same as a friend of mine, but hers was not so lucky an escape.” she sighed and added, “It would have honored her for you to share it.”

I was a little reluctant to ask another question but, “so shall we discuss what happened back when I first met you? I would feel better if you told me what the confederacy was doing about the impending invasion.”

She seemed surprised as she asked me, “What invasion? You mean they were planning an attack?”

I answered, “Yes! I overheard something about it when I was incarcerated back on Casaria.”

I could hear the concern in her voice as she said; “well now I have an even bigger reason to get back.”

I just listened as she explained, “We were actually investigating a claim about a super weapon was being built by the empire. We actually intended to raid the imperial network for intelligence.” “you were actually supposed to be just a side objective, the captain refused to follow orders unless I made an attempt to rescue you.” she seemed a little disturbed as she continued, “I hope that doesn’t make me sound cold!”

I just shook my head and said, “Not at all, you had a job to do, I would have done the same.”

She further continued, “The captain had a backup plan to rescue you, but you escaped the robot on your own.” … “It was hacked to bring you to him, but well your luck and all.”

I just giggled a bit and said, “I have a knack for graceful timing” as I got up and said, “well, we seem to have about two hours of fuel, so what do you say we raid this tubs galley.”

I then led Illi to the ships mess hall. This ship was slightly similar to the Crazed Fox, the ship I had served on when all this had began. It was however much larger, as it seemed a little less crowded inside its corridor’s.

I was also expecting there to be just a small mess hall, with only a single table and small auto ration dispenser. Instead to both of our surprise there was a great deal more.

There was a whole four tables and chairs for each. The circular room was large enough to even fit another table, if needed. Also instead of a ration dispenser, there was an adjacent small kitchen complete with a space oven and microwave. The space oven was electric and even sported electric stove burners.

I sighed again “Wow! This is fancy for imperial design” as I checked the freezer seeing that it was fully stocked with meats. Illi had found some of those nasty imperial rations and was already preparing to eat it.

I decided to check the pantry and found it fully stocked as well so I grabbed a few canned vegetables and something labeled “Spam” which kind of sounded like a meat of some kind.

I then opened the vegetables and began prepping the space oven, telling Illi “once you eat those rations, you’ll reconsider trying a little of this.” as I opened the “spam”. It smelled a bit like ham to me so I decided to cut it up into small cubes and stir it into the frying vegetables.

I could see Illi trying to choke down the dehydrated rations, while I finished frying up my spam stir fry. When I was satisfied with the food I put it on some metal plates I found under the counter.

I left the rest sitting on a heat warming pad on the island counter separating the kitchen and mess hall.

I brought over a plate for Illi so she could try it. She gladly put the ration aside and asked, “What is this? It smells much better.”

I answered while swallowing my first bite, “A human dish called Spam Stir Fry. Trust me its delicious compared to those rations.”

She reluctantly blew on it to cool it enough to eat, then took her first taste. She seemed to like it way better than the rations humming, “Yum” as she devoured the rest.

I then said as I finished mine as well, “I’m glad you like it, I can tell, your purring.”

She laughed as she went to get a second plate. “Well, I suppose its only fair since I gave you clothes, you give me food.” she stated as she came back to eat more.

I smiled as she sat down, “I feel like I should be totally honest with you.” she stated in a somewhat subdued tone.

I was curious so I asked, “about what?”

She then answered, “Well, a lot of things. I feel like I shout tell you I knew more about the assassination, but I wasn’t responsible for it.” she seemed a upset as she further explained, “my government notified me about it, after the fact that they had arranged it.”

She then was starting to cry a bit while saying, “I’m not really part of the confederacy, you see… I’m really a representative of my race in the confederation.”

I got up ad moved over next to her while she started sobbing, and started comforting her. She buried her head in my chest continuing to cry for a while. I admit it felt a little awkward, but I wasn’t really sure what else to do.

When she seemed to feel a little better I told her, “Don’t worry, it wasn’t your fault! I don’t blame myself for what the empire does, and you shouldn’t blame yourself for what your people do either.” She dried her tears and seemed to relax a bit, while I continued to explain, “I have been forced a lot of things to be ashamed of too, but neither of us wanted to do them.” “That is exactly what makes us different from them, we feel bad about it.”

Se nodded as she got up and said, ‘I think ill go lay down for a while.” as Jeff had found his way to the galley as well. Apparently he smelled the food.

I thought she might get lost, so I got up to show her the way. As I passed by I apprised Jeff, “theres food on the counter and plates under it, serve yourself and enjoy.”

he responded, “thank Yawl kindly, I think I will!”

There were slight differences in this ships design and the one I had once served on. I was still able to find my way however, by observing the markings on the wall, all imperial ships had color coded markings to guide disoriented rookies. It was not only larger but the crew cabins were on the first deck instead of the second. It also had a third deck as well as the cargo pods standard to this design.

As we walked I felt somewhat relieved that she was being so honest to me. At the same time I also felt a little confused as to what her motives might be. I mean she seemed more concerned about what I think of her, than what she was supposed to be doing. I showed her the sleeping quarters. The staterooms were just a bit larger than the ones on the “crazed fox”. She went to lie down and I left the room.

I decided to see what the ship had for cargo, so I went to the deck access ladder and climbed down two decks to find out. All star ships were like a flying sea vessel, there were rarely any elevators aboard instead, there were only ladders. This was best, because if combat should disable the power on the ship then the crew wouldn't get stranded between decks.

As I entered the starboard side cargo pod I noticed that it was packed like an armory. Racks of Body armor on the outer walls, gun racks in the center, and all sorts of other hand to hand weapons in front of the far back walls.

It was all arranged like it was ready for assault drops. I had seen the tactic of high altitude drops, where the entire cargo capsule was dropped directly on an enemy. This cargo pod was designed for just such operations. I could even see that it was armed with bunker turrets, just like I had seen before I was assigned to the Crazed fox.

I was willing to bet the port side hold was loaded with command and communications equipment. This ship seemed like it was equipped as part of the impending invasion, and I was also willing to bet it was.

I started by going to the computer station at the front wall, so I could find out what kinds of compliment crew was intended for this ship. There usually was a hard copy of the manifest and inventory near such stations.

“Well, there may not be top secret plans but at least I can find out what this ship was loaded with.” I said to myself softly while I located the manifest. According to the manifest I was right about the other holds contents, but I also found out there was enough equipment to outfit an entire fifteen man company. Though I supposed there could be more as the standard was twenty for an assault. I also assumed they would have not listed the officers equipment.

I noticed some of the armor was fitted for my race, so I could wear it. I decided to try some on but I had to remove my dress to do so. As I was half way undressed, Illi was climbing down the ladder. I continued to finish undressing.

She came over and asked, “What are you doing?”

I answered, “I thought I would see if some of this might fit.” as I selected a jumpsuit and put it on.

She seemed a little surprised while she picked up my dress which I had dropped on the floor. She was seemingly curious and a bit attentive while I got ready to dress myself.

She watched as I zipped the up jumpsuit and began putting on the undercoat. Heavy imperial armor was a pain to get into, but its protection was more than necessary.

The undercoat was a suit of light body armor on its own, consisting of a jumpsuit like fitting reinforced with lightweight armor plating. It was form fitting and capable of ceiling the wearer form even the most harsh environment even the vacuum of space.

The undercoat however was only for light duty combat and was intended to be worn at all times, so that soldier didn’t get caught with their proverbial pants down. It was lightweight enough that it didn’t need any mechanized movement assistance, but still protective enough to fair way better in combat than the primitive twentieth century flack vest.

I started with the heavy combat boots, but Illi helped me with the greaves and the rest of the leggings.

She commented while she worked, “Its like putting on a primitive coat of metal human armor.”

I just laughed, “Well, it’s better than having my ass shot off when I’m in combat. Actually I could have stopped at the undercoat, boots, and helmet. But I wanted to raid as much from this ship as I can.”

Illi had a little trouble with the waist plating. She hadn’t obviously done this for someone with a tail before. I turned it around because she had tried to put it on backwards.

I started with the upper body, but when I picked up the breastplate I realized it was for a male. “Well that won’t do at all!” I said rather agitated.

Illi asked a bit confused, “what wont do, is something wrong?”

I answered her, “Well this Breastplate doesn’t have enough Breast room for me to wear It.” slightly giggling as I continued putting on the rest of the armor.

She then asked, “well what about another suit, I’m sure there might be one for a bigger bra size.” laughing a bit amused by how she said it.

I looked at all of the suits and noted they were all exactly the same, as I told Illi, “I don’t think so, it looks as if all this was intended to be one size fits all men.”

I walked to the end of the racks slightly wobbling as I wasn’t used to the boots. I noticed a large machine that looked like some kind of fabrication device. I still had the breast plate in my hand when I realized it in fact was an armor F.R.R. or Fabrication Refit Repair device. It had this printed on a panel on the front. I then placed the breastplate in a bin, as the instructions told me to, and the device scanned my chest and back with a blue laser scanner mounted in the wall behind and in front of me. It then closed the bin and I assumed it was automatically refitting it to my size. I was surprised at how effective this ship was to be so independent. It only took a few minutes till it was finished refitting the armor.

Lori was a little impressed as I had overheard her murmuring, “damn convenient you never will have to worry about your armor not fitting.”

Once it was finished, the device opened the bin and I picked up my now lighter and much more comfortable breastplate.

I sighted with relief, “Now this is much better!” as Illi helped me put it on.

Illi then said, “I don’t know what it is but, something about form fitting armor really turns me on.”

I just smiled, and then I decided to have the whole suit tailored as I took it off. Lori helped me take it all off but seemed a little curious as to what I was doing.

I explained, “Well if it can custom fit then obviously it can custom color and modify.” as I placed the entire suit into the bin.

The machines display screen then dropped down as it scanned me again, this time scanning my whole body.

The screen then showed a diagram of the suit as it would appear when fitted, I then played around customizing my armor a bit. I followed the prompted instructions. Coloring the armor in blue with black trimming and removing the imperial markings. It was kind of fun, when I hit the button to start the process.

I just looked at Illi saying, “Its like that ancient human holiday called Christmas, where everyone gets gifts at the end of the year.”

She said laughing, “Yes salvaging is like opening presents, you never know what’s inside!”

When it was finished, the armor was just beautiful, “it’s exactly what I wanted too!” I excitedly stated as I put the undercoat back on.

It even had been modified with a holster and sheath for my dagger. I quickly took the pistol that jack had given me from the holster and switched my weapons over to them.

I decided to just wear the boots and helmet rather than get fully armored this time. I then gathered the rest of the suit and place it back in the first rack. “I love the color blue!” as I stood admiring my armor while I stroked the breastplate a little. It felt so smooth and looked so shiny.

Illi had already found a human fitted suit and wasn’t hesitant to have it fitted for herself. As I watched her repeat what I had done to my armor, except she had a jumpsuit in the bin as well. I just walked over as I watched her paint hers pink and white.

My jumpsuit was all grey, but she found a way to get the machine to have hers modified to look similar to her uniform, except she changed the color to green. It even denoted her rank when she was done reprogramming it. I was impressed by her technical skills. She wasn’t hesitant to express her dislike for her uniform.

She stated, “I would rather wear my governments colors any day.” as she pressed the button to start the machine.

I then decided I wanted my suit redone as well so I already began tacking it off and placing the boots and helmet back with the rest of the suit.

She asked me rather curiously, “what are you doing now?” She rather attentively watched me stripping.

I answered, “I want this jumpsuit done too.” as I took it off and went back to the machine in my underwear. Illi seemed to like watching me undress, as I only slightly noticed earlier, she seemed almost attracted to me. I had heard the humans use a term for women who were sexually attracted to other women, but I never really thought I would actually meet a lesbian. I was a not in the least bit shy however, I just didn’t feel like there was any problem with being nearly naked in front of her.

I just shrugged the feeling off as I refit my own jumpsuit to match my new blue armor. But when I was done, Illi came over and asked, “Would you mind if I added some insignia to it? I thought it would look good with some ranks for your new freedom fighter brigade.”

I inquired rather naively, “what freedom fighters brigade?”

She answered confidently, “The one we’re going to start!” as she began adding some black striping to the shoulders and collar she then embroidered some rank I had not recognized.

I asked her rather curious, “what rank are you giving me?”

She answered again, “I made one up for you, I thought it would appropriate labeling you as a leader of the resistance”

she then gave my suit some M shaped marking I also wasn’t familiar with. “I’ll call you, Monarch Resistance Leader.” as she etched a logo of my crown on the left breast. I assumed that was the meaning of the shoulder markings.

I said very pleased, “I like the crown ranks it looks just like my real one!’

She then said, “That’s good, if you really like them then why don’t I add them to your armor as well.”

I nodded as we waited for the jumpsuit to be done. When it was she handed it to me and I walked back over to my locker.

I then I handed her the parts for her to do redesign them. She then put them back into the machine and then said, “hey why don’t we give your helmet a gold crown, I think I can get it to weld one in place.”

I then asked her, “wouldn’t it need gold to do that?”

She answered; “According this display, there is some gold plating already stored in this machine.” as she began already playing with the controls.

I just told her, “Go for it! I want the best I can steal from the empire.”

I could hardly wait to see it but she wouldn’t let me peek till it was finished. I just put the jumpsuit back on but left it only half zipped this time. It was going to take a while so I decided to claim some weapons from the stores, as I took them each to my new armor locker. It was like shopping in a human mall. I also noticed Illi staring at my tits, I just blushingly zipped my suit up some more. It was so much fun, I lost track of time. My armor was just done in time for the alarms alert us that we were exiting hyperspace.

We both went to the bridge just as the ship automatically exited the jump. It was a while till everything made the switch from the jump, so we both looked out the view port to try and guess where we were. We had exited hyperspace into a solar system I had never seen before. Illi was too busy with the navigation computer to look out the canopy but I couldn't help tapping her on the shoulder as the three sun's were just rising from beyond the planet outside.

It was a beautiful view outside the canopy;we had apparently exited hyperspace right outside the primary planet of the solar system which was a beautiful blue and green paradise. It was breathtaking looking up at the planet; it was twice the size of earth and had a gorgeous rainbow colored planetary ring.

Illi and I both sighed in awe, “wow, its so beautiful!” I breathed.

Illi began powering up the thrust engines, while I started scanning with the ship sensors. It wasn’t long till I figured out the system was uncharted, it not only wasn’t in any archives but I couldn’t get the sensors to find any signs of civilization what so ever.

I told Illi, “It looks like we found a good place to hide. There is absolutely nothing here!”

She seemed a little worried, “what about a fuel source is there a place to frontier refuel at the very least?”

I answered her, “not that I can see from this range, but this thing is too limited to tell if the rest of the system has anything.”

I looked at the readout but I was a little surprised at how far apart the planets in this system were. Planets here were ten times farther apart than they are in Sol, my home world system.

I sighed with amazement at the beautiful sight, “wow! Three suns, this is so beautiful!” There were three stars taking up a single orbit circling around a single axis in the center of the all of the planets.

Illi seemed a little tense when she looked back at my sensor console; she flared the engines to full throttle yelling, “Damn! We got company.”

I saw that an imperial Destroyer came screaming out of hyperspace.

Illi then blurted, “They were probably the same damn one that chased us through the asteroid field.”

I yelled, “Well let’s give them what they want! Head for that nearby planet and don’t bother being casual about it.

Illi was a bit reluctant to argue, “I’m all for landing there but then what?”

I answered her, “who said anything about landing?” as I started the assault pod drop procedures.

Illi didn’t seem to like my plans she protested, “I have a bad feeling about this, what if we miss?”

I reassured her, “Don’t worry I never miss, now get back to the port side cargo pod. As the Destroyer fired its weapons, hitting several glancing blows. I then yelled over the ships comm “Jeff you better meet me in the the starboard side drop pod! Were about to abandon ship!

She activated the ships landing autopilot, and unfastened her harness then headed back to the cargo hold as I had instructed. I programmed the ship to draft the atmosphere so I could use the assault pods to land.

I then ran as fast as possible to the starboard side pod meeting Jeff outside the galley. The ship was programmed to drop us so when the ship hit the atmosphere, so the cruiser would be fooled into thinking we had exploded upon entry.

Jeff and I reached the cargo pod jumping down the ladder just in nick of time. I helped Jeff up this Time, then ran over and harnessed my self into the chair by the computer at the front of the hull. Jeff chose a seat on the rows of drop chairs across from me.

The readout told me the drop was just about ready when I could feel the rocking of weapon fire hitting the hull. The plan seemed to be working flawlessly; I could feel the clamps release and the rush of adrenaline as we both began free fall. It was exhilarating, the feel of falling as the pod reached an altitude suitable to fire landing thrusters. The sudden shudder of the pod as the thrusters fired sent my heart racing as if it had fallen to my knees. It brought back some bitter, and yet some sweet memories.

Last edited by DragonWolf_keny on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read so far...

It does feel as if we're missing crucial parts of the story, though.
And also, you may need to be careful or you'll turn your main character into a 'Mary Sue'.
You've already given her strength, speed, familiarity with weapons and armor, cooking skills, Engineering skills(she's able to start up reactors and monitor systems) computers(she could repurpose a laptop into running a shuttle's systems), and even drop-ship military tactics.

As for spelling.
Mostly good, but there's a few 'accidents'...

One place you use the word 'defiantly' where I assume you meant 'definite' or 'definitive'.
I think I spotted another one, too, but forgot to take note of what.
(Too busy reading... )

If the base was abandoned, what was the assault shuttles doing there?

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only read about a page or so, but here are a few comments:

First, your paragraphs are way too short, this makes the story feel chopped up. In general, a paragraph should cover one idea, for example the description of her room. Don't start a new paragraph until that is finished, unless it gets very long (>8 lines or more).

There are a lot of things that don't make sense to me about the main character. For example, it's generally a good idea not to give a slave too many different abilities. It takes a different attitude and treatment for her to be good at those tasks.
For example, a sex slave will often be beaten down and and it's not a problem (for the owner/master, that is) to be abusive to her.
On the other hand, if she's a fighting slave, she needs some self respect, which requires her master to treat her much different. You don't normally want to give a slave who hates her master a weapon because there's a good chance she'll try to get revenge, even if it kills her.

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:

If the base was abandoned, what was the assault shuttles doing there?

glad you spotted that little plot jewel, the base was not deserted but actually left dormant as a forward supply base for the upcoming invasion.

the empire has a bad habit of setting up such installations without any manpower to monitor them. they basically in most cases forget they are there.

anthony wrote:
And also, you may need to be careful or you'll turn your main character into a 'Mary Sue'.
You've already given her strength, speed, familiarity with weapons and armor, cooking skills, Engineering skills(she's able to start up reactors and monitor systems) computers(she could repurpose a laptop into running a shuttle's systems), and even drop-ship military tactics.

however the main character is intended to be a little above average. she is genetically enhanced to be more than human. I do not intend however to have her as a super Jedi like warrior.

She has yet to fully demonstrate her marksman skills, if and or when she does, I intend to show she is a poor shot. partly due to not being trusted with more than light weapons. she also cannot pilot and has no medical skills.

she is better with melee tactics, but as for the drop ship tactics this is due to her years as an officer in the imperial slave army. the technical skills are a new development.

P.S. I'll get back to you on that spelling and word usage as soon as i find it.

Asalis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd listen to them if I were you, bro. Both of the ones who commented are well known and very good writers on and of this forum. As for my bit of insight, based on what you told me about the story in person you need to be a lot more descriptive and possibly rewrite your main character a bit. Based on her background you described to me she has too many skills that just dont match her upbringing. Origionally you told me she was supposed to be a slave soldier to the Empire. I can understand simple things like cooking, but engineering and computer skills? This based from what you told me makes the character a bit unbelievable. Perhaps you should consider a rewrite and remove a few of these skills, possibly add in another support character to fill in for those skills? Something like a life long friend and/or companion?

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asalis wrote:
I'd listen to them if I were you, bro. Both of the ones who commented are well known and very good writers on and of this forum.

*takes a bow*

Quote:
Perhaps you should consider a rewrite and remove a few of these skills, possibly add in another support character to fill in for those skills? Something like a life long friend and/or companion?

I doubt that slaves attached to small ships, as the main character, will have much of a chance of befriending others.

Cooking...
This is a HIGHLY valued skill in a small ship, and those who knows how to do it right will find that others are willing to do a good number of their daily chores just to get that person to take over the galley.
(This happens wherever 3 or more are gathered in close proximity for more than a few days at a time)
In the case of a slave, though, you can be certain that the slave will get better than average treatment.

She has been attached to that shuttle for a long time, but the crew doesn't make any attempt at getting her to cook for them, but when she's in a similar shuttle later, she quickly prepares a good meal.

When a character has certain skills, try to use those skills now and then besides when the story demands it. It not only removes the 'tacked on skill to fix a plothole' feeling, but also gives the characters more 'life'.
Consider it 'plot consistency'.

And again, in the case of cooking, it can make for a nice break in an otherwise fast-paced story.

A bit on your sentence-building...

Quote:

The marines shouted with pride, “Drop the weapons, now!” proudly threatening us with their rifles.

Here in norway we have a saying which roughly translated is 'Butter on bacon'(well, the fatty pieces of the bacon, at least)

In other words, why use both 'pride' and 'proudly' in the same sentence?
Not that I have any clue as to threaten proudly. (That wasn't covered in any of the assault-rifle training I had back in the RNoAF)
In fact, no one shows any pride in such a situation as this.

Also, I notice that you almost exclusively use the construct 'character - said/shouted/growled/whatever - spoken text' and never 'spoken text - character - said/shouted/growled/whatever'.
Not a fault, but a bit of variation would be nice now and then. Wink

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: stil editing Reply with quote

I'm still rewriting chapters 1&2 you guys are reading two chapters ahead of me. I probably should have rewrote a few things before posting, but i was in a hurry and it was late at the time.
I'm making the setting up as I go so some details really just need some more details then presently outlined. like slaves temperament and life in general.

I plan to keep the cooking skills, (as a slave she often could have been the one drafted to cook for the officers) also the weapon skills fit as she was a soldier. (the strength and speed are more character traits than skills.)

but I to need lessen the technical skills a bit. the only thing that doesn't fit too much is her technical skills, she needs to express like she is just learning. I'm not sure how to pull it off though? maybe a mentor to teach them?

(keep in mind I never mentioned who was driving the limo? and yet all the characters rode in the back. perhaps I could re right this unknown person in as the mentor?)

keep in mind the society is a bit advanced in technology, so what we view as a difficult task now might be basic to them. re purposing a hand computer might be as simple as swapping out the hard drive (or equivalent hardware)

also I may have rote myself into a corner, I've stranded the characters on an uncharted planet and I now need to start the revolution with just 3 people.

OK how do I go from 3 to 300 without being ridiculously unbelievable.

DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Character Developement / Story Concerns Reply with quote

Ive completely rewritten all of the chapters so far. I'm about to up date them, as soon as I finish the next chapter. I have to admit it has gone a bit more difficult than I had expected, but its finally done!

Right now I have a few character ideas, in the upcoming chapters I want to build up more depth into all of the character's relationships. In the last chapter I split them up, but I plan to slowly reunite them. the main character needs to also develop in terms of personality. her skills are all there, but her personality needs more details.

I also have a few story concerns, for example, quite a few things have allot of references that could be almost be seen as plagiarizing Star Wars.

One good example will be the weapon that will be used later, that stinks of being stolen from the lightsaber. Basically it is a metal bladed sword that folds up into the hilt. I'm not too sure if it would be counted as direct plagiarizing, but it does bring up some concern about other such problems.

I was also kinda worried in a very small way about the whole Empire versus Rebels conflict would be construed as too much like star wars. even though the conflict in this story will end up being a three sided conflict, I still feel that it will face criticism to that effect.

Another example is several lines that are stolen from the trilogy:
“It’s not my fault!” the single line that was the most used throughout the trilogy. not really a concern for plagiarism but still
“feel the force flowing through you!” It will get rather cheaply used in chapter 5, but still it is a direct quote.

RunningCat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have them in another format so that I could download them and read them offline?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why certainly, ill post them as an attachment but if that doesn't work. Ill have to e-mail them to any interested.

Last edited by DragonWolf_keny on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
RunningCat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I can not wait to read it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's chapter 4 and a little preview of chapter 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: