Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whatcha Watching?...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Ongoing Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DVD player is Running X Files (as Im a X files nut of course... I so want to be Mulder lucky guy he is!) MASH and a little NFL yay.

Oh and Batman.... cant forget Batman.

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching my Forever Night DVD's, its one of the all time best shows ever...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

PrincessB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understood the whole "I don't watch tv" bandwagon that people have jumped on in the past few years. And they often act like that makes their sh!t cease to stink. Some are worse than religious fanatics cuz they get the whole up turned nose, speak with distain, holier than thou, you discusting filthy tv watching pig attitude, but then go home and flip on the tv. So many of the "I never watch tv" are quite attached to it, take it away and they start wondering around lost with no idea what to do.
It's like so many claim to not be addicted to caffeine but then drink nothing but caffeine drinks.

And yes I like my caffeine (though I've greatly cut back lately but I still drink caffeine) and my tv is on quite often, many times it's back ground noise cuz I HAVE to multi-task and I don't pay much attention to it but there are also plenty of shows I love and hate to miss. My Dad's Dad used to chill in front of the tv every night to relax, my Dad used to chill in front of the tv every night to relax and my Dad certainly was not a brain dead drooling pig so I'm not about to buy into this whole "tv is evil I must proclaim to the world that I hate it so as to prove how great I am" bit.

On that note, I'm watching "Kitchen Nightmares", it's interesting Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Syrius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ The thing is that some of use don't find anything good to watch (Heroes and Lost cannot hold my interest. Knight Rider just was better than that, and we all know it. Razz ) . I am not sure if it's that TV changed radically, or that some of us just outgrew it. On the other hand, there's the intarweb competing with it.
Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessB wrote:
I never understood the whole "I don't watch tv" bandwagon that people have jumped on in the past few years. And they often act like that makes their sh!t cease to stink.

But... I just can't afford cable. Sad

AKA Mogthemoogle
tobi3B

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment I´m watching Scrubs.

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
mwalimu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seldom turn on my TV except when there's something specific I want to watch. I almost never simply turn it on to "see what's on" or to surf channels until I come across something that catches my interest.

This is in contrast to my ex-wife, who often routinely had the TV running in the background. I was a major music geek until I married, and I think this dichotomy of watching television vs. listening to music (along with the underlying issue of us doing something together vs. doing different things) is one of the factors that caused my music geekery to drop way off while I was married. There were times like I was a hostage to TV viewing for the sake of spending time with the family when I would rather be reading, listening to music, or doing something on the computer. Since we separated it's been a pleasure to rediscover and experience music like I hadn't been able to for so many years.

A lot of people's television habits are like my ex-wife's, most likely including some readers of this forum, and I'm not trying to be judgmental of them, her, or any of you. I'm just saying how it became an issue for me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
alaskawolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id watch tv but i cant pick it up in my area Sad

www.ovguide.com FTW

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some evenings I watch tee-vee, some I don't. If Mrs. Badger turns it on and it looks interesting I'll watch, and she favors police dramas such as the CSI and Law and Order franchises, some of the talent shows, and things like The Great Race and Survivor. However, when she's out of town on business for a week I don't turn the tee-vee on that week.

What I watch is the Internet--specifically YouTube. This allows me to see highlights of shows from all over the world. For example they've been advertising on American tee-vee for a "new" game show where contestants try to fit through funny shaped holes in a moving wall. "Oh yea," I tell Mrs. Badger, "that's a game show in Japan. I think they call it Human Tetris over there." Plus I've watched the whole 2008 show of Britain's version of Survivor, which is additive rather than subtractive and based on beautiful young people at a beach party rather than sneaky backstabbing by a bunch of not so pretty folk--a little more boring, but the "survivor island" twist was nice. I've been able to see many versions of the movie Pride and Prejudice when I was on my Pride and Prejudice kick--some in their entirety! And music videos are always good. As I started writing this I had the Squirrel Nut Zippers Suits Are Picking up The Bill playing in another tab. But most of all I like watching stuff that people create--shorts, little stories, and in some cases innovative ways of telling a story. "Vlogs" are my least favorite. But YouTube isn't the only game on the 'Net, there are others. Weebl's Stuff had a pretty cool multi-part Flash-based adventure game staring Insane Prawn Boy that was fun.

When I'm not watching the Internet, I'm fiddling with my web pages trying to come up with new, more efficient ways to do things.

Scotty

PrincessB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Hers sounds like my favored watching, I enjoy some CSI, used to watch the original fairly often but I kinda got out of that and occasionally watch Miami now. Law and Orders are good but SVU is my favorite (if I remember to catch it). Cold Case is another big favorite of mine, Cold Case Files is good also but less drama, more real since it's more of a documentary type about real cold case files (it always gets me to thinking about how aweful it must feel to have no idea exactly what happened in your loved ones last moments, it was certainly annoying to me to wait a month to find out how my dad died).
I tried watching Survivor but I had heard hype that made it out to be something fairly different (more real) and therefore was very dissapointed and stoped watching. The Great Race was great but a couple years ago when they were switching around the air date/time I lost it and have rarely seen it since. Some of the talent shows are great for train wreck type viewing! Smile
I'll watch a game show for a few weeks but end up growing bored (I'm certainly not winning any money, why should I care) but Hole in the Wall is pretty funny and I definatly enjoy Don't Forget the Lyrics cuz I used to be such a music-aholic, still love music and many times will talk to the tv telling the person how they are screwing up the lyrics!

Zoopedia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch much TV at all, but when i do it will either be some kind of animal program or mythbusters.
Buster Newman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow..all the long posts...I feel...inadequate. I am watching Dexter's Lab
Syrius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize most of my watching is related to either HBO and Starz movies, coupled with mostly stuff from the Discovery, Science, Animal Planet and History Channels. Other stuff does not hold my interest, and that's why I don't watch that much TV anymore. SouthPark and the Simpsons are the only two programs I indulge on.
Zoopedia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to watch animal documeantaries, but u sually know everything they tell me so i got bored of them. I mean how many zebras and/or wilderbeast crossing the river avoiding the crocs programs do we need?
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally only watch History, Discovery, Animale Planet I also like a good documenty too. There is this new show on Fox though I like called The Fringe it's kind of like the X-Files was before they got stupid. Right now I'm watching Gangland on History.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Ongoing Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: