Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Witchhammer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Developments. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One storm waning, another waxing...
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaand the newest chapter is up

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, OK, ok, are all the players in position?? Someone check to make sure....
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, we are rapidly approaching endgame for Witchhammer. There are 25 chapters, plus a short epilogue, and next week is my birthday meaning you'll get two chapters. And I'll also have Bastion posting the final chapter and the epilogue at the same time. So three more postings to go to wrap up this story.

That completes the first story of Breachworld. It is without question some of the darkest stuff I've written yet, as you will all see over the last few chapters.

That said, I am glad that so many of you chose to stick with me through this. Breachworld II will be a very different story, although it is still only being planned. But when I do get to it, you'll all understand, within the first chapter or two, why I had to write Witchhammer first, regardless of how strange it might seem to some of you.

Anyway, as I said, there are three more postings to go on this. I've already shipped off the first chapters of the next story to my proofers and I've gotten them back with ... shall we say ... RAVE reviews.

Even for Tigermark and Kellan, they seemed unusually enthusiastic Smile Hopefully, the rest of you will agree.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bastion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it was a birthday week this week, I've just posted two new chapters. You enjoy them, now Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil wins when good men are led astray...
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comments aren't specifically about the last chapters, but here goes:

What I really would like to understand are Heaven's actions.
Why send forces (the angels) that are too weak to defeat Aopteros?

I mean, it's kind of "Strategy & Tactics 101" not to commit forces to an action they are too weak to accomplish. That is, unless,
a) you underestimated the enemy's strength (if God is actually all-powerful and all-knowing, this couldn't apply here).
b) you're stretched too thin and simply can't send any more, but still feel that you have to try to take the objective.
c) you're simply trying to delay the enemy (rear-guard action).
d) you're trying to make the enemy overconfident. Or you know something he doesn't and simply want to distract him.
e) or you're working under some (self-imposed) restrictions that prevent you from sending a proper force.

The most likely (at least from a storytelling point) would be d). For example, it's actually Valdemar, Pil and Raven who're supposed to defeat him. For example, they could realize that "Fra Corsa" is lying about Brother Eskild (he's not a monk, but an order knight).

Of course, since this is supposedly the first story of the "Breechverse", it's possible that b) (and/or e) ) actually applies here and they won't defeat Aipteros after all.
It wouldn't be much of a "Breechverse" if the devil was simply banished back into Hell after doing neglible (in the grans scheme of things, if not for the furs involved) damage. Of course it's also possible that things work in the usual horror-fiction/movie manner, that is, he's banished, but he'll be back (the fabric of the universe has been weakened, so the next time it's much easier to summon him or whatever).

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points Nameless. Very good points.

SOME of it should be answered ... at least in part ... in the last chapter, but as you say, this is the first book in a new 'verse Smile And it is specifically a story I know a lot of people will find a bit strange, but it's necessary in order to get to the next stories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bastion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The penultimate chapter of Witchhammer is now up

Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aahhhh, turkey (with all [most of] the trimmings) and a dark prose about to end with enlightenment (or just a large bonfire)...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go.

This week will see the conclusion of Breachworld I - Witchhammer

It's been a good ride for me. I enjoyed writing this story, and I hope you're all able to bear with me for needing to do so. Breachworld isn't done. So to those of you who liked this world, I can assure you, there's more to come. However, the next part will take place in a setting that people will probably find a bit easier to relate to, namely the early 1930's. I haven't settled for a location just yet, since it's still far into the future, but it is a story I am looking greatly forward to writing eventually.

Some of you have already seen my first-person writing, and Breachworld II will be written in that style. But for the foreseeable future, it's back to the Transitions cast, or at least what remains of it Smile
tobi3B

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m halfway through Transitions 1 and will reading the rest of them in time.
I will also read Witchhammer after I finished Transitions.
My timetable is at the moment not so good to me and I have only 1hour per day to read(that sucks) I hope over the holidays and my vacationtime(yay for vacation I have until the first February Very Happy )to catch up with most of the stories.

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, Tobi Smile Take the time you need.

I'm just happy to see a new reader. It doesn't happen that often anymore. Glad you like the stories too Smile
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, ya might want to read 'AVC' after T1 and 'Witchhammer' after T2, enhances them quite a bit....luck with the reading schedule...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: