Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hybrid furs, a touchy subject?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Uncle Kage is a cockroach hows that for different?

Kelvin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, really? Cool!
Discord: kelvin#0465
Syrius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there's also Orca, who's a killer whale. Don't ask me how I know of him, though.

>_>

Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Tiger-Leap-Wolf-Pounce-Hug-Attack!!!*

I'm a hybrid and damn proud of it. It's been made clear in many different furry worlds that hybrids get the short end of the stick and are sometimes thought of as inferior or dirty (I did that in my own world). But many of us, myself obviously included play hybrids because we are showing our own uniqueness in away we can't in the real world.

My fursona is a gray wolf with black tiger-striping whiskers and an overly long tail that swishes rather than wags. In several stories, including one which I hope will get posted this weekend on Raccoons Bookshelf, he makes it clear that he has always been looked upon as a hideous freak, even by other hybrids. Dude never even held hands with a girl in a non-work situation until the story Silver Night he hates himself until he meets the right femme.

Being a furry rocks, doesn't matter what kind of fur you are, furs rock.

Loafer
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: hybrids Reply with quote

almost all my characters are hybrids, especially my main one vikie,. she started as a fox and raccoon and just mixed so many things in there that it might be silly but I love it. Hybrids are practically my specialty. I love thinking of how to mix species. heres a pic of vikie as she is now.

http://loafer.furrynet.com/char/vikie/Were_Slob_Lysozyme.jpg[/url]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vallus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really all one has to do to disprove that hybrids are not well liked is to look at the popularity of one certain tiger-skunk.
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a "hybrid" in RL. My ancestry is riddled with different cultures, different faiths, different colors. My country is predominantly "hybrids." Very few of us are direct descendants of the original populace of North America. I'm content with that ...

So why should I feel any different about furry characters? The protagonist and many of the supporting characters in my stories are hybrids. That should be no surprise. Their world, like mine, is a melting pot of "breeds."

Personally, Mog, if somebody was giving me the run-around for writing about hybrids, I'd suggest that they might need to find some other way to spend their hobby time ... like maybe doing some public service on Skid Row, or joining the Army. Perhaps more time immersed in the real world and less time spent barking up empty trees would help them gain an appreciation for the way things are.

Furthermore, if the site where this dialog is occurring encourages that behavior, or passively condones it, then I'd also suggest you expend your valuable and creative energies elsewhere. Quite bluntly, those asshats aren't worth your time.

My half-cents worth of thought, and I'm stickin' with it.

SC

Silverstreak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do gryphons count as hybrids?
GriffinX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the win go to Vallus for his statment of the year!
http://www.freewebs.com/griffinxango/
Thylo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was drawn into this fandom because it seemed less judgmental than most groups, you could be yourself, relax and enjoy life.

there's your problem right there buddy boy, I doubt that there isn't anyone who isn't judgmental about something. some furs like to think they're immune, but those are those ones who can be the worst

I say stop trying to be different, try being like me, my mom thinks I'm pretty cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
tobi3B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m a hybrid and I’m proud of it.
If someone rant about it don’t listen, there are always people
who must rant about everything they encounter.

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Concolor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Silver Coyote wrote:
Quite bluntly, those asshats aren't worth your time.

My half-cents worth of thought, and I'm stickin' with it.

SC

Yup. What he said.

Skazwolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making fun of someone in real life over a fiction fursona/character/whatever. Darn furries. Rolling Eyes

I'm not a hybrid, but I can't think of any reason why it would be considered uncreative.
Asalis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I to agree with the sentiments everyone hereon this forum up to this point seems to share, however I have a slightly different opinion about it. I do agree that everyone had the right to choose whatever hybrid furry they so wish. However there are some combinations that may be a bit over the top. Like for instance I once came across a furry who was a combination of dragon, wolf, fox, rabbit, and elk. No matter how hard I try I just can not picture a furry like that in a workable form. I have noticed that a lot of the better looking and more defined hybrids are ones in which at least two species compliment one another in some way. Take for instance one of the most famous furry icons out there known as Zig Zag. SHe may be skunk in form however being part tiger her stripes compliment her form, giving her a rather unique look that literally stands out and grabs your attention. I've seen many hybrids that follow along this very same principle. I've even seen a Bengal Tiger stripped rabbit with a more feline like muzzle. The rest of her body was that of a typical rabbits. Including the cute cotton tail. Even furs that are a hybrid form of a mythical creature can be very creative if done in a way that compliments one another.

As for the more varied species based hybrids? Well let me just say that I've seen situations where they have gotten into competitions on who has the most outlandish or most "exotic" hybrid. Some I think make it up as they go. often times even forgetting what all original furries they had combined.

As for my own furry self? The jury's still out on weather or not i'm a hybrid. though I have no idea what other kind of animal would give a rabbit green fur. Course I could also always say my furry self did it as a way of being rebellious against his parents. Leaving it up to interpretation from there.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
GriffinX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah dude your green from the radiation that leaks off all those mecks you like.
http://www.freewebs.com/griffinxango/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: