Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leave the politics at the door then come in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Leave the politics at the door then come in. Reply with quote

Without any kind of political discussions i want to see what opinions i can get about this thought that's been on my mind for a long time.

I have always liked the monarchy topic. It was one of the types of governments i knew best while i was in school. During my time growing up i have always found that democracy is not displayed as it should. A few years back after a lot of though about it i came to the conclusion that the current democracy is only a fake name for what we truly have.

I call what we have a modern monarchy. think about it for a bit and you'll see that i have something here. we have a figurehead (president/king) that is regulated by a bunch of rich and greedy politicians and capitalists (aristocrats) who decide how the country is run and can basically force the president to go their way most of the time through pressure.

We are the merchants and lower castes that are forced to live the laws and basically put up with what is said from above.

We are given a chance to select our new 'king' but we can really only choose from the aristocratic pool since the selection process has been made such that a common person is unlikely to ever have a chance to get to the throne.

Think about it a little and give me your thoughts ideas heck call me crazy if you like but i know there is a little truth in there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: