Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not Ugly- But FUGLY!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Not Ugly- But FUGLY! Reply with quote

The things I find on the internet...
(From Craig's List)
Quote:
What am I doing wrong?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-10-03, 4:29PM EDT

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy. I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop deadgorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 432279810

THE ANSWER

Dear Pers-431649184:
I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a cr@ppy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way. Classic "pump and dump." I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

Rob C.
J.P.Morgan
Diversified Industrials Investment Banking

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 439179541
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Note: In this, you can find the FUGLINESS in people in all manifestations...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Syrius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owned.
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah logic... seems to have about turned our budding business woman.

She seems to be the kind of YUPPIE American woman (no offense) that would say the native language of Australia is Australasian (I kid you not I have witnessed it first pawed).

Nice too see the world does still value work over looks....

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Silverstreak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syrius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She should be looking for the kind of man who will stick with her by the time her gorgeous looks fade.
Teric

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, Syrius, that she has her sights so firmly focused on money-money-money that she has blinded herself to the truly good things that marriage can bring.
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laugh when the marriages of those types of people fall apart. And then cry as I am sickenly reminded of what some people think marriage is.
Arctic_Mutt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic! - unfortunately, big cities seem to be full of these gold-diggers...

My "favourite" (and by that, I mean the deal-breaker) question to get asked on a date is "What do you drive?"...

... which is a marginally more subtle way of asking "So, what's your salary?"

My mental answer to that is "What's it matter? - Now you're not getting driven home in it anyways" Twisted Evil

Gah, I've joined the bandwagon and got myself LiveJournal: http://arctic-mutt.livejournal.com/
Teric

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic_Mutt wrote:
My mental answer to that is "What's it matter? - Now you're not getting driven home in it anyways" Twisted Evil

Ooooo Arctic that's mean, nasty, and sooooo appropriate.

*high-fives*

PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My "favourite" (and by that, I mean the deal-breaker) question to get asked on a date is "What do you drive?"...

Don't be too quick to judge that question. I was raised by a mechanic, I worked on more cars by the time I was 17 then many guys would in their entire life (am in no way a car genious but I know more than the average girl does about cars). I know a bit about cars and I know a lot of guys like to talk about their cars and what upgrades they have done, so I have asked that question but purely to make conversation or if they had already mentioned something about their car.
If a girl askes with simple curiousity (seen by the look on their face) then you might have a catch, if she asks with a greedy gleam in her eyes then time to say goodbye.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mwalimu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when personal ads were sometimes seen in newspapers (before the availability of services for doing it online), every now and then would be one from a woman who was seeking "a man who makes a lot of money, so I can help spend it".

I always wondered if those ads ever got any responses.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matching Attitudes...

I did a binge of watching Keira Knightley interviews on YouTube last night. She said something to the effect that if you want to be a star and have fame and fortune--then forget it. But if you want to be an actor, learn your craft, and strive for excellence--then that's what you should do, and you might even find success along the way.

It kind of gets back to the Craig's List gold digger. She wants a man for his money and what he can buy for her, and she expects to exchange her beauty for it. She wants to be a "star" in the marriage world and gain "fame" and fortune.

It's okay to have preferences, but IMO there are factors that override preferences.

I'm not looking, been married for over 30 years, but if I were looking I'd have certain height, weight, and age ranges, and even hair and eye color preferences--but personalty blows preferences away any day of the week! As for beauty--sure we'd all like to marry a goddess, but practically speaking the real question is, does she have a face I could stand to look at across the breakfast table every morning for the rest of my life? And as far as sexual combustibility--it isn't the beauty or the equipment, but the attitude. Attitude is 90% (or more) of sex.

So that Craig's List girl? I suspect she's focused on the wrong things. Wink

Scotty

Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I met Patty she weighed maybe ninety pounds soaking wet. During our time she was put on Lithium which caused her thyroid to shut down and she gained another ninety pounds in three months. When I married her she weighed about two-fifty. Her looks weren't and still aren't the reason I love her it's who she is. She gets better looking everyday especially now that she's starting to lose weight, she's now about one-seventy, but what's important is that she's still the same person I fell in love with nearly eleven years ago. As we've already established in this thread and in life, looks fade over time. But as long as they are still the same person you fell in love with that's all that matters.
CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know JUST the man for this girl.

http://tiny.cc/LAeSV

and yes, I deliberately made it into a tiny URL just so you had to visit the page. his website URL would kinda give it away Rolling Eyes Laughing

"When taking a vacation from life, death is only the beggining and birth is only the end"
- Crimson Jackal
PrincessB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
HALL COUNTY, Ga. -- The jury has awarded a Hall County woman $150,000 after she sued her former fiance for calling their wedding off.

RoseMary Shell sued her ex-fiance, Wayne Gibbs, after he broke off their engagement in 2007.

Shell argued her fiance's promise of marital bliss amounted to a binding contract. She said she left a high-paying job in Florida to be with Gibbs and she said she has suffered financial losses since their break-up. She also said she has suffered emotionally.

Gibbs testified that he had taken Shell on trips and paid $30,000 of her debt while they were engaged. He said when he found out she had even more debt, he canceled the wedding by leaving Shell a note in their bathroom.

Closing arguments were heard Wednesday morning and the jury awarded Shell $150,000 by Wednesday afternoon.

"People shouldn't be allowed to do that and hopefully he'll think twice before he does it to someone else," said Shell.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16966088/detail.html

On the link to the story there is a video with a bit more and a poll of whether you agree with the judgement or not.
Currently the poll stand at:
Absolutly!: 17%
Absolutly Not!: 74%
I'm Not Sure: 9%

Personally I think the guy should have run long before he did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: