Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ursa Major Awards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:

SOtS and ZigZag are what pulled me into the fandom. Reading Chris' work was like waking up from a muddled dream to find that my real home was in Toyland. I'd not been so captivated by a story in a long, long time. He and James Bruner introduced me to furry LITERATURE, and there I firmly stand.

Wow, Concolor, thank you for that. That seriously means a lot to me.

Quote:
Both of these excellent writers have figured out how to craft a compelling tale without making spooge the centerpiece. This is not to say that sex isn't handled where appropriate to the development of the plot. But it isn't THE plot. And they ever deal with it tastefully ... or comically.

There's enough spooge out there, they certainly don't need me adding to the mix. Plus, there are reasons why you don't find it in The Story, and one exceptionally good one: Eric would never allow it with Sabrina.

Here's another secret from the History of SOLtS: in the original concept, Chapter 9 was originally going to have tail-tying spooge scene that would've melted your monitor. I brother, I wanted that in there!! But, Good Sense won out and only a kiss-n-tell moment between Chris and Dexter gave you an idea of what had happened.

Also, I knew the readership of Sabrina Online was diverse age-wise, and I wanted The Story to appeal to those readers as well. So far, I know that The Story has been used by a real-life Sabrina as a bedtime story to her real-life baby sister Tabitha (I am NOT making that up!!). Pages of it has been passed around in school writing and English classes. Some students have written book reports on it. If I'd opted to make The Story another Trouble's Tales , none of us would be having this discussion right now.

Quote:
Chris' work is what prompted me to start writing. I strive to adhere to the same high standards of taste, and I DO NOT CARE about the opinions of those who want details as to what goes on behind Wendy's bedroom door.

Then you're doing it right, brother Smile

For the record, I'm a little behind, but I love what you're doing and can't thank you enough for enjoying Windy and The Story that much!

I also have a fan who keeps hoping to see something less tame between Clarence and Cindy. This is why I did one or two things a little more intimate between them recently; I mean nerd or not, Clarence and Cindy are an red-blooded American boy and girl who do what red-blooded American boys and girls do!

Quote:
There is plenty of spooge available without my adding to the overburden. Frankly, I'd write (which amounts to little more than taking Wendy's dictation, as often than not) whether anyone read it or not. That a few others find the tale engaging pleases me ... but it isn't why I do it. I think that holds true for Chris as well.

Taking dictation and just journaling what goes on is exactly how writing like this is done! All you have to do is pay attention and spell right Smile

And you're right, it does hold true for me also as well!

Quote:
Chris ... carry on. You're an award-winner in my book.

*blush* Thanks, Concolor. you helped make my night Smile

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
Chris ... carry on. You're an award-winner in my book.

The real winners are the readers. Wink

Man ..... thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicolai Borovskaya wrote:
My story is much like AmigaDragon's, except that I found Eric's wonderful strip through some sort of random search that I don't remember. That lead me to SOtS and ZZtS, thence onward to RBS and PF. And other sites.

Today I count myself as a furry, and I have tried my hand at writing. I'm still writing, as much for myself as anyone. My characters expect me to write what they tell me, and I do. If others enjoy what I write, that's wonderful, although durned few of them tell me. I accept that, too.

While I have written a couple of extra chapters, that might count as "classy spooge", I won't post those. There's no point in asking, so please don't. One of my characters asked me to write them, and I did. I have no desire to see them posted, nor does the character. And no, I won't tell you who.

Chris, keep up the wonderful writing. You and Racky give me a goal to strive for, although I know I'll never match either of you.

Yes we write for the characters portrayed not for the 'fans' or for our own benefit we tell THEIR story.

BTW thanks for the mention Wink

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're more than welcome, Racky.

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Ursa Major Reply with quote

Well Congrats to ya Chris, 54-56 was nominated for the 2008 Ursa Major Literary award...
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ursa Major Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
Well Congrats to ya Chris, 54-56 was nominated for the 2008 Ursa Major Literary award...

How awesome, thank you!

Now ... to vote!
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... which we can't do until March 14. What in the f -- ?
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on 54 - 56....

I think I wrote *some* of that.... damn it I could be part of the award VOTE MY MINIONS VOTE....Twisted Evil

on march 14 Rolling Eyes

-Mike Regan-
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Whadayamean that 'coon came out of nowhere!!!"
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
"Whadayamean that 'coon came out of nowhere!!!"

Ive been here for ages.... I'm afraid I don't understand the cut of your jib dear fellow your banter is beyond this humble raccoon Twisted Evil

-Mike Regan-
-Harley Quinn-
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no whips til the ides of march please...
Concolor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
<snip>

Also, I knew the readership of Sabrina Online was diverse age-wise, and I wanted The Story to appeal to those readers as well. So far, I know that The Story has been used by a real-life Sabrina as a bedtime story to her real-life baby sister Tabitha (I am NOT making that up!!). Pages of it has been passed around in school writing and English classes. Some students have written book reports on it. If I'd opted to make The Story another Trouble's Tales , none of us would be having this discussion right now.

<snip>

Back in 2002 I crafted a "more innocent" version of it as a tale to tell to my two older children, who were 13 and 11 at the time. You never heard the equal of PESTERING I got from them each evening about "more story, more story!" I finished telling them the story on a long road trip to visit my parents. My daughter has been a fan ever since. (I introduced her to the "real" version when she turned 16.)

Concolor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
<snip>
Here's another secret from the History of SOLtS: in the original concept, Chapter 9 was originally going to have tail-tying spooge scene that would've melted your monitor. I mean brother, I wanted that in there!! But, Good Sense won out and only a kiss-n-tell moment between Chris and Dexter gave you an idea of what had happened.
<snip>

Yes, well. Occasionally the Muse does hit one with an example of such scenes.

In GW Chapter 26, the second Vignette concerns Lee and Debbye that night after the attack at the party. There is a ... rather more intimately involved version of that piece. Cateagle has seen it because they are his characters and I thought he should know what they'd been up to. But no one else has. It isn't anyone else's business.

tobi3B

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the last three years I began to discover my interest for reading.(I mean really reading.)
Before I read but not as much as I do nowadays. First I began to read mangas, comics and books.
Then I began to read online comics and books (a lot cheaper)and then I discovered Sabrina Online
and over the comic Chris Story over him I found the Bookshelf and today Iīm a great fan of Mikes Site and proud member of Planetfurry Very Happy ( I discovered other sites as well the chakats den and yiffstar. Both have spooge but were chakats storys see them as naturally and they donīt get to much into the details, Yiffstar is for all the authors who think spooge is the only thing that counts. Yes I read some of the storys and most were crap nothing more. )
I enjoy a good read and SOtS has finally pushed me over the edge and I wrote two short storys myself.
I hope the authors keep up their good work.

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobi3B wrote:
...Yiffstar is for all the authors who think spooge is the only thing that counts. Yes I read some of the storys and most were crap nothing more.

I bet that's where all the furry-haters spend all their time, getting their spooge (whatever that is, I can only guess) fix from Yiffstar before going to fur cons to cause trouble. I may have clicked over to there once (I'm not sure now) but I never spent time there. The name alone is enough to tell me I have little reason to visit.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Richard Strauss - Guntram (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: