Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English is dead. I am a sad moogle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: English is dead. I am a sad moogle. Reply with quote

-
verizon wireless: U r trending 2 exceed ur mins this month and may save
$ by changing ur calling plan call xxx-xxx-xxxx

2opt-out rply x
-

That was the message we received from the VERIZON "professionals" yesterday.

O.O;

You have got to be kidding me! Grammar has no place in our modern society I guess. Not even from an established business.

[EDIT! EDIT! YOO-HOO! LOOK HERE!]

IT'S NOT A SCAM! IT'S NOT A SCAM! And thirdly, IT'S NOT A SCAM! Thank you.

This is a real message from Verizon. Not a third party scammer. So please stop saying it's a scam. (It hasn't just been here, other people at other places keep saying this to).

ALSO!!! THERE'S MORE!!!

The text message was free (Seeing as how it was from VERIZON) so they could have taken the time to write it properly, even if it meant two separate messages.

AKA Mogthemoogle

Last edited by Cookie on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
GriffinX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the idea the our language will never evolve or change is in its own way like beating your self silly with a marshmallow.

English is not a dead language it will always change

Latin is a dead language so it never changes and is very strict vary persie.

besides nobody in America speaks English (i have said this for years)we speak American, it may be a derivative of English, but if you where to take some one from a rural part of England and some from any-town USA like form the south or the bronks or say seattle they might not have an easy time of understanding each other as you might think, the only think that might save them would be the written language and even then us and them have some completely diffrent meanings of a word like say for e.x. we have cigerett they have fag you say that in the u.s. and it's more than likely going to be construed as a non PC comment.

http://www.freewebs.com/griffinxango/
Syrius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mog, how do you know it was something from Verizon? It could have been a spammer/scammer all along.

On the other hand, they probably are thinking that due to your age (if they have it) that you may be probably one of those "hipsters" who speak MTV-isian ("Yo, yo, whattup? Ya'll chillin' like a fillin' of pennicillin? Me n' da S-dog be wreckin' da A-I-R-waves with our pirate signal, fo' sho!"). And sent you a "personalized" pre-made message. It's all about marketing. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipatoni )

I want my MTV... back to what it was in 80's.

An old dog,

-Syrius.

racky raccoon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest as the resident limy of the boards....

I don't feel that Americans speck "American" or English speck... well English.

Sure some words we say may mean different but if you use that premise

Yunz ga dawhn tahen to dat strip district in pickburgh ya jagoffs and see what I mean n'nat

Im sure no one from DC would talk like that at all. Does that mean they speck something called Pittsburghese? or English... sure the dialect is different but the way you articulate the words are the same.

Germans speck Deutsch but so do people in the Alsace and they are French they still call it Deutsch.

Ok that probably makes little sense but I hope my premise shine through

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was most certainly Verizon, I left out some important account information and numbers.

To GriffinX-

Good lord your grammar is off. Next time you defend morons, make sure to at least look intelligent yourself.

Take a little time and put effort into what you type.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Teric

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy, Mog. No need to insult.
Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Easy, Mog. No need to insult.

It's not an insult. It's a call to error.

AKA Mogthemoogle
GriffinX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no offence taken i know i can't write very well, i am a.d.d. and part of that is i have an incredibly hard time memorizing how words work and in this case grammar.

And no it would not be called Pittsburgheze it would be called an ascent, I give to you the example of the Chinese they have like 20 different dialects but it's all known as Chinese, Kantanies is not the same as Mandarin yet they understand themselves well enough, the Kantanies speakers can understand Mandarin speakers well enough to get their point across.

Just like if somebody from the bronks, somebody from like Louisiana came to Utah and started talking to me i might have to ask them to repeat themselves more than once.

And side note I was not defending them! simply stating my own opinion in the fact we do not speak the way others speak. Personally I hate that texting crap, I can never figure it out.

You just have to realize there are different forms of English someone from Australia will not speak the same English as someone from Hong Kong or from any of the other English speaking countries. English is a generic language for example you have Canadian-English, English-English, Australian-English, the queen's English, American-English, and Hong Kong-English. There so many different forms to languages for example Spain-Spanish is not the same Spanish as Mexican-Spanish yet they call it Spanish. Why is that do you think? It's merely because they were conquered and were briefly ruled by the Spanish. Just like we were at one point.

Last edited by GriffinX on Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well GriffinX, you won points with me.

Any person who can take a blunt call to error without being offended is A-okay in this moogle's book. Smile

AKA Mogthemoogle
GriffinX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth is truth any one that can't handel the truth need not aply to life. am i right?

i know i have a hard time with words, so i know ppl are going to critisize how i write, i learned how to get over that a long time ago.

for me its more 'did they enjoy the story' rather than 'oh i hope they don't find anything wrong'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: