Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Main Site Hacked?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Main Site Hacked? Reply with quote

Seems a lot of stuff just got deleted off the main page, back to Ch 44 of T2

Is this something intentional, or has someone attacked our favorite author's website?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just the front page. If you look at the right column, you'll find the recent stuff is still there.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems there is some kind of problem but I'm not sure if I've been hacked. I thought so and tried to write a post but it won't let me. Also, every blog-entry I've made appears to still be there, but you have to manually click onto the right month in the sidebar. I've spoken to Fikrann who originally built the site and she'll try to fix it, so that it appears in the right order again...

Here's hopin'
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it turned out well for me in one way. There's a link in there to "Reunion" that worked, so I got to read the story, finally.

Well done, TM! Cool Cool

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reunion is a very nice little story and one I was very happy TM wrote. I hope others will eventually do some fan-fics for either AVC or Transitions, too...I do think the characters are solid enough for it Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the site lost the current date and reverted back to January for the front page data?
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
Maybe the site lost the current date and reverted back to January for the front page data?

Quite Possible

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kcmack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the site is a bit messed up isn't it. One good thing I did find though is that even though there isn't a link to it chapter 30 is there you just have to manually link to it.

http://www.aslaug.eu/writings/T3/html/T3-Ch30.html

I used this to get to it and I have to say good chapter Filly!

shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did the old site go down?
I didnt get to finish backing up all the old Transitions chapters. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...

Well, all the old chapters are still up on the new site too, Shadowjaguar. It was taken down a week or so ago, for two reasons. First of all, there was no reason to keep it up, taking up hard-drive space, when I haven't used that site for over two years.

Secondly, AVC was still up on that site and that isn't a good idea when the book is getting published Wink I got Whip-Lash to take down the site for me...
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually..all the links to the old stories are dead-ended.
I think you had just linked them to the old primary links in the old site. And when you took down at site...well, you dead-ended the links themselves. ^^;

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, that is REALLY weird. I'll get a hold of Bastion right away...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...

Here's the deal:

Transitions 1 and the AVC-chapter that is still up on the forum, PLUS the gallery seems to have gone buh-bye like Shadowjaguar just said. I've just spoken to Bastion about it. All of Transitions was linked to the old site, but the old site isn't coming back up. I'm sorry, but I do'nt want to call on Whip-Lash to put it back up when I finally got it taken down.

However, Bastion DOES have the first ten chapters of Transitions 1 all fixed up and he said he would upload those, plus the first AVC-chapter, tonight so those at least work. He'd look at the Gallery too. Then it's really only a matter of how fast I can fix up the old Transitions 1 chapters and send them to him, and when he can find the time to re-post them. They WILL be back but they need to be on the new site, not the old one, obviously.

I hope everyone will have patience with this process. It's going to take some time, obviously. I promise I will work on this as fast as I can, though, and in fact, I will get to work on the next transitions chapter to get fixed up right away.
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, Filly..

Just gotta slow my own projects down.. Wink

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ruddy way! How many chapters do you need me to send you Karou? Remember, the first ten go up again tonight. More will come steadily after that. However, I WANT to hear that voice-version of these stories and the sooner the better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: