Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's official! AVC in book form.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Does a happy foxxie dance*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I think you'd better order at least 15 copies.

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take one

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy smokes, that's a whopper of a book!

By the way, if you order 20 from the start, I KNOW of several people in Denmark who want to buy one but who can't order one until it goes up on the homepage Smile So I'm fairly sure you'd get them sold in short order Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And good news is I may have a job lined up. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A job?? AWESOME! Congratulations Very Happy

But you still haven't finished that transitions audio-book you keep saying will be done 'next week' Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mwalimu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just managed to get a hold of the story and started reading. Presently I'm a little less than halfway through. So far I'm very impressed, enough to make me feel more motivated to find time to read a lot of the stuff I've known of but have let accumulate on the waiting list. At this rate I'll probably make it rest of the way through within about another week.

I also found the old discussion thread and read it from the beginning, and stopping at about the point where I am currently in the story (don't want to find any spoilers). I didn't know about the appendix until then, which I have since read, nor was I aware that it was sort of a "story within the story" of Transitions, which I haven't read yet either (but will be starting on soon after I finish this).

At this point I'd say I'm probably more, rather than less, likely to buy a copy of the dead tree edition.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mwalimu, and I'm glad you'll be reading Transitions as well. But mind you that Transitions 1 is still in the process of being re-posted (to fix errors and such).

I'll tell you what I'll tell anyone. If you get to a point where you need the remaining chapters of Transitions 1 and they are not posted yet, then PM me, and I'll email the lot to you Smile
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or he could *cough cough* take a trip way back when...

That's what I did a couple of months ago when I got to the end of the reposts and didn't want to wait...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest that but I think those old sites are down now, and no longer available ...
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D@mn that Murphy!

Oh well, AVC is worth waiting for.

Kel

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's no problem, really. I pretty much expected that you'd send it to the printers early next month anyway, Mike Smile Don't worry about it. As long as we're still set for September, I'm good. The trick, you see, is that if it goes into print BEFORE the 23rd of september, that means I'm getting it published WHILE I am employed and then I'm not in trouble with my unemployment benefits.

So ... all's well I think.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt they'd charge you without actually printing your order so let's all assume things are as they should be Smile
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your timing is impeccable, Mike. Tomorrow is my last day at work but this way, the book is released for sale BEFORE I rejoin the ranks of the unemployed, leaving me off the hook. Furthermore, today is equinox so I've got reason to be thankful for the blót tonight Very Happy
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys ... I just got the package. Or rather, I got a notification that it's here.

However, there is a major complication. The customs officials are demanding 352 kroner in import taxes for me to get the package. Naturally, I will pay that, but this also illustrates my point. Signing these books and sending them back to you guys is a VERY significant expense for me. 350 kroner constitutes what I have to live on for a whole week and I have to ship these things back to the people in question as well. Which will EASILY cost me just as much if not more.

I can't afford to do this. I really, honestly can't afford this. I'm doing it anyway because I promised I would but there will be no further book signings from me unless I get my expenses reimbursed. I'm not trying to be a bitch about this but I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination and forking out two weeks of food-money to get the books and send them off again is completely out of the question in the future, as I hope you all understand.

I may also have to wait with sending the books back until next month. I don't know how else I'll be able to afford it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: