Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's official! AVC in book form.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can look into how much it would cost to make a rub off stencil of your signature you can send to you fans, a kind of do it yourself signed copy Razz

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's right Mike. That should just about cover it. Anyway, I've taken a look and the books are just gorgeous. I can't describe how good it felt to put MY OWN BOOK onto its place on the shelf Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the shelf?

This book belong either on the nightstand or on a coffee table.
Preferably with a nice bookmark stuck into it.

Me?
I'm just waiting for a weekend with sufficiently sucky weather so that I can REALLY enjoy mine.

Signing won't happen unless I go to Denmark(you never know where I may show up... From the top of a mountain to 300 meters below sea level... )
Any Cons in Denmark?

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
mwalimu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
Any Cons in Denmark?

According to WikiFur, the closest one appears to be FurryCon, which just took place last month in Karlstad, Sweden. It is uncertain at this time whether it will take place again next year and may be at a different location.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay ... I've been giving this some thought.

The easiest thing to do, I think, is to send Mike Regan the money, since he and I have to figure out a way for me to get the profits from the sale of the books anyway. I still need to get a hold of my bank next week to hear if they are still dead set against their customers using PayPal. If they are, we'll have to figure out another way of getting the money from him to me but I'm sure we'll figure that out Smile There's always western union if nothing else Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... While I wouldn't mind a furry con, I'm not that particular.

I even visited ShadowCon here in Norway a couple of times...
(Sci-fi con, with a slight B5 theme. They had the only cinematic showing of Star Trek: First Contact here in Norway. Also picked up an autographed picture of Patricia Tallman )

Aslaug; you can't open an account in another bank?

BTW: PayPal is used for far fewer scams than Western Union.
Frankly, I can't understand why that kind of transfers are still legal.
Or why they haven't renamed it to 'Nigerian Union'

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's some good news and some bad news.

Good news is I now have a paypal account. Bad news is, I don't have a credit card. It accepts American Express, Visa and Mastercards ... and I have none of those. I have a Visa Electron card. Which means I have to talk to my bank on monday about the possibility of getting a proper credit card (something I've wanted for a while). I sincerely hope they'll say yes to that ... because if not, I'm kinda screwed no matter what Very Happy
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paypal can be set up to directly access your checking or savings account, and you can transfer funds in and out of the account easily that way, no credit card required. As I recall, it works by Paypal making a couple of mini-transfers into the account, which you then verify by identifying the exact amounts. In my case, they were less than 20 cents each.

I don't remember the delay Mike mentioned, but then again I rarely receive money in that account.

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh I have excellent news!

Yesterday, I went to have a chit-chat with my bank-advisor. He's a very decent bloke but he's also very cautious. That might annoy some people but I have two reasons to value that trait. First of all, when I was younger and seriously ill, I didn't know how to control my money-situation AT ALL! I ended up in serious debt and I am only getting out of the last remnants now, almost halfway into my thirties. Consequently, to have a bank-advisor who doesn't automatically say "yes" is a good thing for me.

Secondly, he is one of those kinds of bank-advisors who makes sure that his work-place stays solvent by not lending out money left and right to people who can't pay it back. I actually understand the importance of that. I'd rather have a bank for the long haul and not suddenly get a letter saying that because the bank is folding they want all their money pronto!

Because of people like him, the bank I use, while only medium-sized by the already small standards of Denmark, is financially very sound.

Still, it annoys the snot out of me when I can't get help for this or that ... obviously it does. I think everyone would feel that way.

However, yesterday, he said yes to not one but TWO things. First of all, I could finally get netbanking. He said I had comprehensively proved to be a good costumer and someone who doesn't throw away money on frivolities, so naturally, I shouldn't have to come by the bank anymore every time I have to transfer money to my family or the likes.

Secondly, he agreed that I could finally get a credit card. So I'm getting a Visa-card sometime later this week. Which means I can hopefully get PayPal going ANYWAY.

Tadahhh!

There's a light at the end of the tunnel!
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fantastic, Aslaug! Glad to hear you have a banker with a solid head on his shoulders.
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we had that kind over here Rolling Eyes I'm sure he would show up for a government hand out in a private jet Evil or Very Mad

Congrats on the new financial freedom, may temptation leave you be.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have good news and bad news ...

The good news is I finally got my money, meaning I can ship the books back to Mike.

The bad news is that instead of getting four weeks of unemployment benefits, I only got three, so the money is stupidly tight for the rest of the month. I'll look into what it'll cost me to send them tomorrow and give you all an update. I'm sorry for all this trouble, but from next month, everything will be back to normal!
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally have money, and I will be shipping the books back to America this afternoon ... providing I can find Mike's address again. Miiiiike, PM me your mailing info, please Very Happy
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, the books are now in the mail and going back to Mike.

The thing is ... I do not suggest you send it to Niki as well, unless you check up with her that she's CERTAIN she can bear the expense. It cost me 367 kroner to send it back to America, and it cost me 350-something to get it on import taxes. The same taxes would apply to Niki, since she also lives in an EU country.

I know it's been offered to help pay the expense but I can't get PayPal to work, which means I'm unable to get the money. I'll bear this expense this time ... I did, after all, say yes to this. So no complaints. I'm just asking that no more people send me books for signing Wink
tobi3B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i just finished AVC and I have to say wow.
Good work Aslaug I enjoyed it extremly.

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: