Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's official! AVC in book form.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: It's official! AVC in book form. Reply with quote

It's official. I am currently talking to Mike Regan on the phone and he's all for publishing AVC. I have therefore asked Bastion to remove AVC from my homepage as soon as possible, leaving chapter 1 there as an appetizer along with a message that the book is being prepared for publication. I will start work on the editing process as fast as possible, and I will add the long, long overdue prologue as well.

Anyway...this is a big, big thing for me. So I hope you'll all enjoy it when it hits the streets Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can bet I'll have a copy in my paws as soon as it's available. One problem, though ... getting it signed ... I'll figure something out ... Question

Ah, who's gonna do the cover art?

Kellan

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should see if Cirrel would be interested in doing some illustrations I think he already did one that would be perfect for the cover.

Teric

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Cirrel did a cover pic that I think will fit nicely. He might be willing to do some other illustrations if properly motivated. Wink

Ooooo this is exciting, Aslaug!

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have written Cirrel a PM. The only problem there is with the brilliant cover-art he did (the colour-image that can be seen in the gallery on my homepage) is that I fear that it will get too small and too cramped and crowded if used on a paperback cover. So I've contacted him to ask if he'd be interested in doing another piece for the cover.

We'll have to see. Anyway, I'm glad everyone has received this idea so well so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news, Filly. ^_^

I look forward to getting my paws on one as soon as I can.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I stated in another thread, put me down for a copy. Autographed, if in any way possible, and I'll pay the postage both ways.

Another possibility that does allow the use of the existing artwork, which I like very much, would be to publish in a larger format. The 5x8 size used for 'Redeeming Factors' would be very good.

And perhaps Mike can arrange a 'special edition' without printing on the cover, so the artwork can be seen in its entirety. (Again, like Jim Lane's book.) If you do this, it is the edition I want.

In any case,

WAY TO GO, ASLAUG! Dancing Very Happy Dancing Very Happy Dancing

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Breadcrumbs left behid Reply with quote

Hmmm, Chapter one is OK, but the filly's last stand might be better for what to expect...or maybe the leonine battle scene

[slaher movies have nothing on real life...]
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I post one of the big, epic scenes, that'd be giving away too much of the book. I'll settle for the first chapter, as it is Smile
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[tease Filly]

Are we going to get a picture of the author on the back cover?

[/tease Filly]

Darn! I was too slow, and didn't get the full story downloaded before it vanished. *grump*

Nicolai Razz Razz Razz

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grins* Nope, Nicolai. I already had that conversation with Mike Regan and he said he was okay with me not having a picture on the back of the book since I told him about my problem with cameras.

So...sorry, no can do.
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll settle for the full size image that goes with your avatar. ^_^

I'm going to be deleting the PDF of the story off my HD today. It's not right to keep it, if I'm getting the book.

As for cameras .. eh, they are tools, and tools can be both good and evil at the same time, it's just the use that they're put to that matters.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grin*

Shucks. Guess we'll all have to settle for a larger version of your icon. Not that I really expected anything else, since we've already had this conversation once before. That's why I did it as a [tease].

I did want to refresh my memory of AVC, so I do regret having missed the opportunity to download it. Oh, well. I can live with that.

Any idea how soon this will happen? Inquiring minds want to know.

Nicolai

Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Aslaug, are you going to get Tigermark's permission to add the 'Reunion' piece?

Inquiring foxes want to know.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can answer that quickly enough. No, I won't. I am extremely grateful for the Reunion piece as it was quite literally the first ever piece of fan-fiction written in tribute to my writing, and I treasure it as such. But it is Tigermark's writing...not mine...and this is my first book to be published. I want it to be my creation, and that's something I'm certain Tigermark can easily understand.

However, the Reunion piece will be posted on my site once the book is published, AS a fan-fic and should anyone else feel like writing such a piece, I would post it as well provided it's within my own limitations (no x-rated material and suchlike).

AVC will be just my writing Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: