Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's official! AVC in book form.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice disclaimer.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice and to the point without being too wordy!

If somebody reads this disclaimer and doesn't understand it, they have problems! I understood it perfectly, even under the influence of heavy pain meds for my back! (a long story ... 8-P)

Once again, you have done a very nice, albeit short piece of writing. I wish you much success with AVC.

Kel

p.s. ... did you notice that there was no F5 key on the Raccoon's Bookshelf? Shocked

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said!

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received the first two inked character-studies from Niki Hunter, who as mentioned will be doing the interior artwork.

This book is going to be worth buying for the drawings alone...

I'm almost lost for words, and these were just the first two. No matter what I do to prepare myself, telling myself 'she's awesome and she can't keep surprising you by being just that'...that's precisely what she does.

Holy -smokes-...

You've got something to look forward to people. You really do...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no glimpses to whet our appetites?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no...no teasers this time. I want this to hit people like a ton of bricks when it comes out...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've got four pieces of internal art, and let me assure you all, they are worth buying the book for by themselves.

Mike, I'll be sending the image I got today as soon as I get home...
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any estimate on when we might be able to put in a pre-order for the book?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, but she has fixed the computer-problems so now it's mostly a matter of finding the time to draw the last artwork. It's pro-bono after all, so it's 'in her own good time'. However, I can tell you that she's doing a number of character studies and probably two fairly large scenes...and that I have to say she's outdone herself with what I've seen so far. She's captured the absolute essence of the characters she's drawn until now, so...you've got something to look forward to.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just received another character sketch (and forwarded it to Mike). With this, I've got six character sketches, and four more to come.

I think it's safe by now to let you know WHO I'll get artwork of...sorta to wet people's appetites.

So far I've received artwork depicting:

Quintus
Enid
Vipsania
Marcus
Manius

Still to be drawn:

Caius
Kaeso
Tacita
Caligula

There are several other characters that could have been depicted...Agrippina and Hamilbal springs to mind, as do Isetnofret and Decipor/Tacitus...but I had to pick and choose and these were the ones I ended up asking Niki if she could draw.

I can only repeat that this is absolutely fantastic work. She's captured each character almost uncannily well and I can tell you when you see Quintus and Manius, and you imagine the two of them squaring off against each other...oh my word...

Once the character sketches are complete, there will be a couple of large scenes to be drawn as well and I do think those will be spectacular!!
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to get in contact with Mike Regan to ask him how far he's along with the second read-through. Can any of you tell me whether I need to use another email or something? Smile I thought his usual one was back in working order...
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His service was down a while but it was restored, try sending him a PM

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile Will do.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers! Thanks Mike Smile I hope things get fixed swiftly with the water leak and all.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright folks...

I now have all the character sketches.

Niki still needs to draw two scenes from the book, as well. Now, mind you...the character sketches alone are worth getting the book for. I'm positively gobsmacked by each and every one of them.

If any of you visit DeviantArt, you really should look up Niki's page. It's located at:

http://niki-uk.deviantart.com/

Those of you who DO NOT go to DeviantArt, I would really, really urge to go there and drop her a line of approval. Seriously. She's doing this pro-bono. She's a professional artist and she's doing this just to help me out, despite having to make a living from her artwork.

Go tell her it's appreciated. I keep telling her, but if my readers were to let her know too, it'd be a real pat on the shoulder for her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: