Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheers for the Filly!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Cheers for the Filly! Reply with quote

Congratulations on the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Shocked

Congratulations, Aslaug! You are soooo blessed to find this job! It sounds like this position was made with you in mind.

The commute ... well, what can be said about that. I used to do 1.5 hrs in, 2.5 hours out in gridlock traffic. Commuting by rail is much better.

Your laptop ... be sure to put a sign on it that says "Person Property! Do Not Put On Display!" LOL!!

Good luck with your new job. I'll PM you later with the update on that item we were PM-ing over.

Kellan

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean there are no longer any problems about writing?
(You mentioned the silly unemployment rules earlier.... )

Oh, and if that laptop of yours is that old, I may be interested in adding it to my museum...
(Of course, I already have the world's first portable, the first laptop, Sub-notebooks from before the Asus Eee made them popular, the first PDA, Newtons, old smartphones from before the term existed... years before... )

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony, wait until she's done with it.. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure how the rules are exactly. Since this is a traineejob where I still get unemployment benefits, I may still be barred from it. On the other paw, I'm supposedly taking care of an actual job, and hence I don't know how the rules are. I will look into it, but until the book's actually written then it's no biggie anyway. I -have- been thinking of giving AVC a major overhaul, probably adding a long-overdue prologue (which Valaina should be happy to hear about) and suchlike, and then asking Mike Regan if he'd be willing to print it and sell it.

What do you all think? Should I go for that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Teric

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think AVC is some of your best writing to date. I'd say go for it.
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, congratulations on the job! Very Happy Applause Very Happy Applause Very Happy

Absolutely you should talk to Mike. And you can put me on the "I want it" list. I agree with Teric, AVC is some of your best writing.

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(sounds of Kellan's jaw hitting the floor very hard after reading Aslaug's post!)

AVC??? Shocked

*Looks to see if the old warhorse had read that right*

Oh PLEASE, PLEASE dust it off, spruce it up a bit if you really think it needs it (I must be jaded, I think ... it's very, very good as it is but I will agree with your hint about a prologue) and have Mike publish it for you!

AVC is without a doubt one of your most inspired works to date that I have had the extreme pleasure of reading. That wonderful story kept me on the edge of my seat the whole read (which I tried to take my time with it) and there were times it brought tears to this old warhorse's eyes.

*Bows deeply to the filly in deference to her literary skills*

I can only hope that someday I will write such an inspired story as AVC.

IMHO, you can't go wrong with this idea, filly!

Kellan

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've sent Mike Regan a message. If he's interested, I'll have Bastion take down AVC completely. I'll then fix it up and send it to Mike.

I might leave a chapter or two up as appetizers, but I won't leave the whole story up there then, simply because Mike would need to make some money from selling the book and then it'd be unfair competition Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count the silly foxxie in on the list of those who not only want AVC in print, but would willingly pay to get it in their paws. ^_^

hope you get a permanent job out of this, filly. ^_~

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How have the first few days on the new job gone?

Curious furs want to know. . .

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an interesting little piece of news for you here. Something you might all like to see, since it's becoming a world-wide story.

The Museum I work at, 'Kulturhistorisk Museum, Randers', is as the name suggests a museum of cultural history. It is tasked with preserving this history in the Randers-region ... which aptly enough is the region in Denmark where human history can be traced back to its most distant origins.

120.000 years ago.

Take a look at that number and boggle, people. There have been human beings in some shape or other living in the area around Randers for one hundred and twenty millenia. How can we know? Because bones split with tools to get to the marrow have been found and they have been accurately dated. They are that old. It staggers the mind, really.

But right now, Kulturhistorisk Museum or KHM as it's generally called, has become famous all around the world for a rune-stone called 'Mejlbystenen'. The Mejlby stone. Mejlby is a small community located north of Aarhus, the second largest city in Denmark, and south of Randers, where the museum is. At some point during the viking age, a father set a touching eulogy in stone for his son who died at sea and placed the stone near present day Mejlby. This is where it was found and brought to KHM, where it is now on display.

Our museum wants to be innovative, groundbreaking and cutting edge as far as our limited resources allow, and so in order to make the story told by the Mejlby stone more accessible to the public, a large sum of money was applied for ... and gotten ... to turn the stone itself into an interactive experience.

Go to this link and see for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdaT3TDbmSA

I swear to you, EVERYTHING you see looks EXACTLY that way in real life ... or better. I am not kidding, nor exaggerating. The story plays out over the stone, the runes 'fall off' and have to be kicked back up onto the stone, and so on. All of it. This is what has been done at the museum where I work and I can't even begin to describe how proud I am to have been there. I myself had no hand in this project at all, but it's still 'my' museum and it's something I am intensely proud of.

Go take a look.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is something to be proud of!

It's rare that a historic display is made into an interactive experience but it seems that your museum has made sure this one has been done very nicely.

*bookmarked*

Thanks for sharing and I will pass this along.

Kel

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive. I'd love to see it in person, but it is, unfortunately, extremely unlikely.

Nicolai

Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay now that's just damn cool. Makes me wish that Minnesota could got our Kensington Rune Stone back and do the same thing.

Our stone is currently in Stockholm if my information is up to date. Anyone who has ever heard of the stone knows the controversy behind it, though from what I gather the most recent research says that it is the genuine article.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: