Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Galaxy Hero, chapters one - three
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  

so what do you think? relpy after reading.
flabergasted at how awful it is
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
moderitly bad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ok but wouldn't read it again
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
mildly interesting
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
wow
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

GriffinX

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: The Galaxy Hero, chapters one - three Reply with quote

ok first i know chapters one and two aren't new for those of you that have read them but it has been so long a time in between posting of chapters that i thought that you might want to reread just in case you might have forgotten what was in them (i know this is possible because the others that i had read this before you couldn't remember what had happened and told me that they needed to reread to get the contexts of where the third was going.) and as always questions, comments, concerns, all much needed, wanted, and appreciated.

The Galaxy Hero
By
Chris “Griffin” Dumas

© 2007 the author any and all characters are fictional and are property of their creator any resemblance to any one living is purely coincidental.
Change: the dictionary defines it as: the act, process, or result of altering or modifying.

“Life is 10%what happens to you 90%how you react to it”

Chapter 1
A longing for home

“GODDAMN IT, HE DID IT AGAIN” yelled a well dressed red fox his fists clenched in anger.
Startling every customer in the east side Chicago Walgreens. Slowly, dejectedly he raised his right arm to just in front of his red furred muzzle and spoke almost silently. “Echo to alpha I lost him, have omega check perimeter copy?”

Just then a tall somewhat young shaved bald human, the manager, walked up behind the fox, drawn by the commotion. “Um sir is there a problem?”

“No sir, there’s no problem.” The last part said with a hint of distain.

“Well clearly there is so I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” replies the manager.
“You know what?” suddenly seeing the security camera dome. “I think I will have to ask you to let me see your security tapes.” as A smile slowly spreading across his face. <I think I got you this time Chris >

“And just what pray tell would give me any reason to let you see those?” the manager gave him a stern look and becoming just a little more aggravated that the fox wasn’t just leaving quietly and then having the audacity to request that.

“This is all the reason you or I need” fishing in to his vest pocket he produced an old more than slightly used wallet.
Visually stunned the manager almost couldn’t believe his eyes as he stared at the intricate peace of shiny metal that lay attached to the wallet. A picture of a howling wolf on top of the white house embossed on to the shimmering gold plated badge with the numbers ‘273’ in black lettering, stood out like a sore thumb but gave it the overall ‘air of superiority’ look. Next to the badge was a picture of the fox on white paper with the letters F.B.I.E. (Federal Burrow of Investigations of Elements) in big bold blue print.

“I’m sorry s-sir.” the manager stammered “I did not know you were a Tygon” *note a Tygon pronounced ‘tie-gone’is just a nickname kind of like ‘feds or 5-0’ named so, after the first F.B.I.E. agent Tygon Jacobson who to his credit did his job and did it well.* The managers 6’7”stated shaking never before had he even seen, let alone met a Tygon, to the manager it was like looking an executioner right in the eye before the axe fell.

The 5’5” red fox stared at the manager with unwavering confidence. Then in a softer but yet still just as strong a voice as before “That’s ok sir…”not seeing a name tag he continued “My name is Simone Hatch of the F.B.I.E. I am here on official business. Now about those tapes?”
“Y-Yes sir.” the manager’s nerves began to degrade. He quickly did an about face and almost fled into the back office, the fox close on his heels. Just thru the office door Simon stopped as a crackle of his earpiece suddenly came to life.
“Yes go ahead.” was Simon’s response into his right sleeve. The audible crack once again this time with the hushed voices saying something that no one but Simon could hear.
“understood.” said Simon. This time a beep and a new voice. “Affirmative, checking surveillance now. Echo out.”

Once the manager had set up the tapes to replay from any point in the last hour he noticed the fox wasn’t with him, so he started back to the fox. He leaned his head around the door frame of the inner office to see what Simon was up to; only catching the tail end of both the fox and the conversation “echo out” was all he heard before he got a face full of tail literally. Trying to recover the situation he blurted out “Did-did you say something?”

Turning, Simon gave the man a look that said ‘I’m just a little peeved and I know damn well you were listening. I‘m a pro and you’re a manager of a Walgreens, don’t mess with me kid.’ the kind of look that would send Hannibal limping away. “No, I didn’t say a thing, are those tapes ready?” his every word betraying his anger.

Simone was having a bad day. He thought today would be the day. After a good tip-off that his target was in the area he deployed his team, not all just himself and his two backups, Alpha and Omega. “Alpha” or Dave Little was an excellent surveillance expert he knew the ins and outs of almost every system on the market and a lot off the market, he even designed the system for head quarters and the E.-U.N. building in New York and no one, save himself could break into either building. “Omega” or Jason Black was the epitome of covert-ops. This fur, a raccoon to be exact could get into the white house with a nuclear sub and get back out without leaving so much as a footprint or bent blade of grass.

Today went badly he found his target one Chris Cali *as in short for California * Headed out to do his shopping for the day. The team deployed, this time covering every way out either by man or camera they could think of. This wasn’t their first attempt at getting a hold of this particular target. Who to his credit has given Simon no end of trouble in eluding and thus foiling every attempt to capture him by either not walking in to Simons trap’s or by completely disappearing around the next corner which drove Simon to the point of almost pulling out some of his head fur.
Simon truly thought he had Chris this time, and the news that Chris’s car had vanished from the parking lot, and that the surveillance vans tires had been slashed brought Simon down a few notches in his pride. But the surveillance tapes held some promise.

Boy did they ever, he and the manager stood slack-jawed. Being able to see every tooth in either of their mouths was not an overstatement. For all intents and purposes the tapes showed that Chris was a ghost. The manager rewound the tape not believing what he was seeing. To the untrained eye of the manager it looked as if this red haired man was just walking up the isle. To the manager it seemed this man wasn’t hard to miss in a crowd. 6’2”, bright Irish red hair, a good medium build his upper body built a little bit better than the lower half but nothing like a bodybuilder, no tan to speak of <Ha! Luck of the Irish, red hair and skin that burned instead of tanned> thought the manager.
<though he doesn’t look like the bad type. In fact he looks like the kind of guy that would fall on a grenade for someone he didn’t even know.> But to Simon’s trained eye of years both with the Tygon’s and chasing Chris, he knew that this wasn’t any ordinary man, sure he looked harmless but he knew better and by what he saw on the tape confirmed that in a big way.
Watching the tape again, as Chris walked up the isle, Simon close behind him, Chris reached out and grabbed a can of soup and looked at the contents then sidestepped to see the other selection, Simon slowly edging his way up to him. Chris sat the can in his basket and rounded the corner of the isle only to completely disappear, basket and all as if he just dissolved in to the air.
Then with a flicker of something on another screen Simon watched intently, the front door camera, just as Chris disappeared on one screen the basket and all its content appeared in front of the doors. <At least he is not a thief.> the small thought graced Simon’s mind for a very brief moment. He looked at the manager, and as if seeing what the manager was thinking he said “Don’t be fooled by his soft looks and demeanor sir.” What you had in your store was a very dangerous man.” the manager just starred at the screens then stammered. “How dangerous?”
Simon waited a sec before he replied “that’s classified sir. But here’s my card if he comes back, which I doubt, please call me. Do not try to approach him. That may be the last thing you ever do.” then he got up and walked out the office door<that’ll give him something to think about.>

“Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.” <that was close, too close either he’s getting better or I’m getting sloppy I only knew it was Simon by that stupid earpiece and the scar on his left ear that makes him look like he has three where only one should be.> Chris winced at the thought because it was him that gave Simon that nasty scar 5 years ago and he hated himself for it.

The only reason he has it is because Simon backed Chris in to a corner, and this was before he learned about his time shifting abilities, his time shift ability allows him to stop time in his galaxy, but it takes so much of his energy to use it if he holds it for any longer than 15 minutes he runs the risk of fainting which in stopped time is not a good thing. That is among the weaker, at least in his opinion, of his powers. Chris is an Elemental.

Among the 6 different types of elementals that live on his planet, they aren’t extremely rare but they few and far between, the higher level ones are one the ‘council of Elements’, an elemental can range from a level one to a level ten and that’s the new scale, about 50 years ago an elemental broke the old scale of 1 to 7. He became the first recorded level 10 pyro “fire type” and he effectively tried to take over the world. *ok think Hitler only with a meaner disposition and when mad could bar-b-q you.*

“The Dictator” as he was known, no one can remember his real name, was just barely taken out of power by the other 5 top remaining elementals on the counsel back then those elementals where the heroes of their day, each a different element, while “The Dictator” was a pyro there was also Tellma Bellon the Aqua “water” seat, Grad Halon the Terra “earth” seat *note terra’s are the best miners ever if a mine is in the black and doing better than most there‘s a good chance they have more than a few Terra‘s*, James Pocash the Bellows “wind” seat, Jaytha Mondragon the Electro’s “electricity” seat, and Elisabeth Tagert the Shiv “ice” seat.

“Well it looks like it’s time to get out of Dodge, I have to give it to Simon this was faster than usual, I must really stand out in Chicago.” Chris said to himself, thinking over his options
<lets see there’s New York, maybe Miami oooh I like Miami this time of year naa been there done that. I could go to Grenache naa too far and Simon would still come after me in England.> “humm.” <I could try Seattle or Las Vegas or I could try a po-dunk little town like Grant Nebraska or Price Utah.> suddenly his eyes flickered a longing for home as he drove back to his apartment to grab his stuff and leave.
< Gods Salt Lake City I haven’t been home to see the folks or Scott *Chris’s childhood friend* in a long time, about 4 years now that I think about it, it’s been too long, I guess that settles it I’m homeward bound.>

He finished his thought just as he pulled in to his parking garage. He pulled in to a stall. He stepped out of his 1965 Marlboro red, v-8, Ford Mustang. He loved that car; it took him 3 years to restore after he got it for his 16th birthday. When he had gotten it was nothing more than rust with gas, but now…. Now It was a collector’s piece for sure. He turned and walked up to his apartment not bothering to shut the door, he wasn’t going to be long.

For the past five months Chris had been living in a nice little place, nothing he would call a home but it worked. One bed one bath, a kitchen (if you could call it that) connected to the main room it did well for what he knew was coming just like all 7 times before.

He ran up the flight of stairs to his door, after he fumbled with his keys a little he opened his door. After grabbing the suitcase that he always had packed, he headed to his room’s closet directly to his weapon safe to pull every gun he has from his sword, a short strait blade katana, to all 5 of his hand guns from his 380 auto to his 40 cal. Baby Eagle and his 9 mm and 45 cal. Glock’s, to his dad’s Ruger Super Black Hawk
44. magnum that gun could blow a hole the size of a grapefruit through a phone book, to The Bull revolver 50cal. That weapon just flat out hurt Chris just liked that gun for the fun of having it.

Having packed all his hand guns in their cases and locked tight in the trunk of his car he returned to the gun safe he pulled out an extra long rifle case then reached in the safe and proceeded to carefully remove his pride in his gun collection a gun metal gray with a chrome receiver and black 150X optics scope. The Wind Runner model 96 tactical take down .50cal B.M.G.
* Now you may be asking yourself if he’s an Elemental with the powers of fire, time, and more. Why on God’s green earth does he have an arsenal like that? Well put simply he believes himself a good person and he believed that he should use his power in moderation. To use his powers for every little thing would be a gross misuse. And that if he ever stooped that low to use his powers for every mundane thing would corrupt him and with the stigma that came with being a Pyro he didn’t want anyone to think he was evil.*

After he retuned from depositing the rifle and suitcase in his car he stepped back through the doorway to see if he left anything that he didn’t intend to leave just as he was about to turn and leave “See ya never again.” to no one in particular he shut and locked the door and he was off, out of Chicago and on his favorite road Route 66 just like the song “from Chicago to L.A.” but he wasn’t going to L.A. he was headed to Salt Lake City. He was headed home.

Sitting in a flattened van Simon was contemplating what he held in his paw while waiting for the other two of his team to get their snacks from the Walgreen’s that earlier they had under surveillance. The object in his hand confirmed his suspicions that this was no low level pyro, this was a level 9 or 10, he held the tape that he slight-of -hand away from the manager like it was to be holy grail and highest crowning achievement in his career and his revenge for his humiliation at Chris’s hands not only for his ear but for all the failed attempts’ to catch him. He also touched the tape for two reasons one he needed proof of what he was dealing with to get permission from headquarters and two, to stop the manager from releasing the information to the local media, he did not want not only the F.B.I.E. to look bad because he wasn’t able to catch Chris and just because the manager didn’t realize what was in his store didn’t mean someone else wouldn’t figure it out and start a panic that there was a high level pyro on the loose.

That’s when the two others decided to join him in the van, even though they knew Simon was going to be more than a little peeved at losing their target yet again. Simon realized this so he lessened his emotional state to something more neutral plus he now knew why they had been so unsuccessful up until now.

As they entered the van Dave saw the tape in Simon’s hand “what’s up Simon, get anything?” Dave asked.

“Why Dave you’re curiosity is showing.” said Jason as he chuckled and elbowed Dave causing him to drop a Twinkie “Damn you Jayce, what a waste of a good Twinkie and my last one!”

“Alright boys” Simon began as they shut the doors behind them. “I got good news and I got bad news.” the statement left hanging in the air.

“Ok I’ll bite, bad news?” said Dave

“Ok I got visual proof and confirmation on our target, as to his status and how we proceed, on levels I believe we have a ‘Dictator class’ pyro on our hands.” both of them stared slack jawed at Simon for his statement. Of course ‘Dictator Class’ wasn’t the correct term but it drove home the seriousness of the situation.

“Does headquarters know?” asked Jason

“They do now.” smiled Simon as he handed the tape to Dave. Dave took the tape, looking it over he placed it in the player, he rewound it until Simon told him to stop. Taking this lull in the conversation Jason asked “So what are our orders?”

“We are to track down the target and capture for trial otherwise if he shows any sign of a fight or extreme resistance we are to neutralize said target.” both Jason and Dave winced at the smile that spread across Simon’s face as he said the last few words.

While Simon was distracted with the tape, Dave leaned over to Jason “I guess he’s still not over the incident” In a very shallow whisper. Jason just gave a nod in agreement.

Then Jason realized <we only got the bad news> he turned to Simon “ok so what’s the good news?”

Simon turned “that was more of a joke, if I was asked for the good news first I would have said we’re all still alive.”

Dave still glued to the screen in front of him almost stammered “If what you say and what I see here is correct it was no joke.” Dave was much shaken from what he saw.

For the raccoon, nothing seemed to fit, watching the tape confirmed it a little more. Jason always thought that there was something different about Chris. Maybe it was because over the 5 years and probably 10 attempts to catch him, he only fought back once when they cornered him the first time even then it was a small distraction and not really a fight, but that distraction became a vendetta for Simon and they have never been able to corner him afterwards.

This flight no fight reaction from a pyro was unprecedented, every pyro he had ever come across, it was always fight, they took pride that they were going down fighting, Jason thought that was just society’s image being played for the people. It was sad to because in all his experiences with high level pyro’s they almost always took someone down with them.

high level refering to any elemental above level 3. Level 1 thru 3 pyro’s were left to lead their lives because they where considered harmless the high laws set by the e-U.N. for all nations stated that any high level pyro (more out of fear than any thing else) were to be tried in a court and then found guilty (no pyro is ever found innocent) would face the death penalty (again more out of fear of what the could do than anything else)

Jason always found that law to be unfair and cruel but it was his job so he did it and left at that with most pyro’s but Chris had struck a cord with Jason <Chris always used his powers to get away, ya he slashed the tires on the van but never hurt anyone which he easily could have, seeing the evidence on the tape. There are even rumors that he saved some fur’s life a few times and some others from that over turned bus a while back.> this caused more than a little doubt in Jason’s mind as to what they where going to do to Chris.

A month had gone by and Chris still wasn’t home. He had perfected his routine to an art, drive a little in one direction work an odd job or two, then drive a little in another and repeat slowly working his way to his destination. Anyone he came across just assumed he was a drifter. That’s exactly what Chris wanted them to think, except when he made it to Vegas, he always played the role of the high roller there, he actually didn’t stand out as a high roller, if he played the part of the drifter here he would more than likely get spotted by security and looked into on any database and he didn’t want that plus he would constantly come out a few thousand ahead.
Chris loved roulette, he played like an expert he knew the odds of every play and found good odds on certain placements.
Plus he would get also get lucky with the double zeros. This time he came out about two thousand ahead and after politely refusing management’s offer of a suite for the night he was back on the road ready and willing for the 6 to 7 hour depending on traffic drive to his old home growing up, an hour into it and he had crossed the state line from Nevada in to Arizona then into Utah chris could tell even without the sign that stated the state. Utah with their no gaming laws not even a state lottery didn’t have the money to redo the roads as often and as Nevada, Nevada had some of the smoothest roads to drive on, the moment he hit Arizona and then Utah roads it became very noticeable the road noise climbing getting louder, and not to mention the pits and tar repairs that litter the road.
He was just starting to get used to the noise when he came upon the small city of St. George. He had to stop for gas and maybe an inn for the night, the sun was setting, Chris didn’t like the idea of doing the drive in the dark though he could. One tank of gas and something of a night sleep (he was still quite excited to be headed home.) should get him home he hoped. He pulled in to a gas station just off the freeway and filled the tank noted the amount and walked in to look for some snacks for the trip.

Halfway down an isle chris heard the clerk behind the counter gasp as an otter with a ski mask dashed in and drew a gun at this point chris was acting on his instincts even though he hadn’t seen Simon didn’t mean this couldn’t be him he ducked behind the isle and almost crawled to the end of the isle he was about to time shift out just as he heard the otter say “Give Me ALL The Money!” that actually set Chris’s mind at ease a little, this wasn’t because of him. <today of all days, why now when I’m so close to home.> “humm”<I could let this play out and go unnoticed.> then chris ventured a look over the top of the isle and got a good look at the robber <no there no telling how this could go that otter looks just a little to nervous to be thinking clearly> chris decided to do something about it. <ok for this to work for the camera that’s taping this its gonna have to look like I sneak up from behind him with my sword rather than me just appearing right next to him.> so concentrating on his inner power he forced it out forcing all time in his galaxy to stop of course chris didn’t know this he just assumed it only affected the local area as that’s all he ever really had time to explore before his 15 min. would expire and start moving again. He hurried out the door and got in to his trunk and fished out his katana slammed the trunk shut and ran back inside, back to his hiding spot at the end of the isle. Then he slowly released the time shift restoring time back to normal. The clerk just stared at the gun somewhat frozen at the aspect of being shot. The robber then demanded the money again this time adding “NOW” to the statement this seemed to kick the clerk out of his trance as he started to reach for the cash register. This was his chance, Chris started to stalk, crouched over “under the radar” towards the robber completely unnoticed by everyone but the camera then with almost utter silence he drew his sword from its scabbard. Before the robber or the clerk knew what was going on a cold steel blade was pressed against the robber’s throat and in a demanding voice “You might want to drop the gun!”

Instantly the clerk turned back to see who had said that. To see a man with a sword against the robbers neck. Then the clerk heard a whimper come from the would be robber as he set the 45. Colt on the counter, the clerk grabbing it without hesitation.

“I suggest you find something to tie him up with then call the cops.” said chris in shock but still moving the clerk agreed with this stranger after tying him up the clerk turned to chris to ask in true Utah fashion. In Utah it’s a custom that if saved by some one you don’t know you ask at least one question. “what’s your element?” a little taken but still kind of expecting it he replied “pyro” this thru that clerk,if the reply is pyro you ask one more question followed by a statement.

“What do you want? I don’t have any money and I don‘t do favors.” Chris had been expecting this and knew exactly what to say.

“Sir I don’t want anything from you or your family!” then reaching for his wallet he produced a twenty and a five and set them on the counter “Twenty-five pump six” then turned to walk out “wait” said the clerk confusion written all over his face. This gave Chris no end of amusement which he hid well.
“I think this time it’s on the house.” the clerk said with a look of distrust, holding the money so that Chris could take it back
“No I don’t think so, just because I stopped this idiot…”he gave the otter a stern look that sent a shiver down the otters spine for he had heard stories of what some pyro’s would do if you got them mad. “… Doesn’t give me any right to do that. I used your services and I intended to pay.” with that he turned and walked out.

This more than anything that has happened so far confused the clerk the most and it scared him. He had never heard of a pyro that acted that way, that didn’t ask for anything in return for saving his life and beyond that he paid for the gas. Most pyro’s he had heard would more than likely swindle you out of money rather than willingly pay. That and he didn’t like the idea that he possibly owed the pyro anything even if he said he didn’t. The clerk called the cops and told them everything and waited for them to arrive, nervous as hell, thinking of what that pyro would ask of him someday.

With no delay in his step chris jumped in his car shoving the sword in the back and peeled out of the gas station and on to the freeway thoughts of staying the night vanished in a puff of smoke as there would be no way he would be staying after something like that. Two hours later about midnight and about half way to salt lake, Chris had finally calmed down. He hated threatening the otter, he just kept telling himself that he probably saved a life and that’s a good thing.

Seeing the night sky on the open desert road brought back some old memories, of hunting trips with his family out in the Flowell desert just outside of Fillmore next to the old extinct volcano. One night in his distant past he remembered an almost amazingly clear night he stayed up well past everyone else just to watch the stars. The next night he realized why it was called the milk band galaxy. As he stared into the night sky of his third and final night on this trip he caught sight of his first shooting star, and having heard all the little tales of what to do upon seeing one he made a wish, “I wish to go beyond the stars where I will be safe.”, even at that young age of seven he knew what he was and that he would be ‘hunted’ just for being himself. That’s when he vowed that he would be a good person so they would have no reason to kill him, he also realized that he would have to learn not to depend on his powers, to learn skills that would allow him to blend in, in some ways and stand out in others.

That memory was of a good time, a time long ago, the wish still fresh in his mind, with a sigh “oh how I wish the wish of so long ago.” he adjusted in his seat and relaxed a little more, driving on. <traffic isn’t bad at night just a few trucks far and few between, but other than that the road is mine.> the next two and a half hours went by just like the last, uneventful. He pulled into a motel to stay and ‘try’ to sleep the last five hours he knew with it being the weekend that his parents would probably sleep in, he was going to be a shock so he figured they’d need their rest.

Chapter 2

Returning: Departing?

Next morning: “you’re kidding, he was spotted where? Damn, I never thought he’d go back there! You’re sure?” Simon said in to the receiver of his burrow cell phone, after a small pause he nodded his head “and this clerk has the tapes to prove it?” another small pause “ok, wow, Thanks for the tip private.” he hung up by closing the phone and thought <wow back to where it all began>
Just then a pain (thought all in his mind) pulled his attention away from his paperwork, to his ear. He reached up in a reflex action and began to message his left ear. <This is the last time Chris, this is the last time>

He walked down the hall from his cubicle and down two flights of stairs then rounded a corner on his left and was smack dab in front of the R&D main labs. As he looked through the small glass window to make sure no one was watching he snuck in and sauntered up to a swine in a standard white lab coat and glanced over the swine’s shoulder. Then when he was mere inches away from the swine’s ear he spoke in a normal voice “ok Doc, did you find any thing that could help me with my target?”

The ’Doc’ jumped from the start sometimes he would get so into his work that he would completely lose track of the comings and goings in the lab “Damn it Simon don’t do that.”

With a shrug of his shoulders. “Why not? It’s just about all the fun I get any more.” was Simon’s reply

The ‘Doc gave him a small grin “well then I guess it’s time I give you some other fun. After seeing the tape you supplied, I’m guessing he has some sort of time ability now whether its just slowing it down, stopping it all together, or him controlling his molecules to the point where he literally speed up beyond what we can perceive, I don’t know, I do know it not a teleporting ability like first suggested. To that extent I have developed this.” the ‘Doc’ held up tube of dark royal purple liquid “this has three functions first it will draw upon his nerve system just in case it is one of the a-for mentioned cause’s second it will increase his blood presser rise thru the roof and third it will give him a clear mind.”

“A clear mind?” asked Simon

“The last two are actually side affects of the first when messing with the nerves system it’s hard to predict how things will work out.”

“You mean he’ll be able to think clearer? Isn’t that counterproductive?”

“You’d think so but no, in this case with elevated heart rate that comes with the blood presser the body is sending mixed signals to the brain and with the brain being clearer it doesn’t understand why the body’s acting the way it is. As I understand the explanation from the test subject it was quite confusing. Now I warn you this may stop him, it may just slow him down, hell it may not even work, just remember we haven’t found anything that stops the capabilities of any pyro this will not stop or slow that ability down and if he’s of the level you think he is he will have more than one, just forewarning. So think you can have your fun with this?”
As he slipped the liquid to Simon.

“You know what I think I can, thanks ‘Q’.”

“Why do you insist on calling me that? You know I hate that.”

“Movie nostalgia. I mean, I am the closest thing to a spy double 00 agent the U.S. has and you’re the closest thing to ‘Q’ that I have so you make the connection.”

“I don’t know why but I didn’t like the newest guy they got to play the last one.”

“Oh come on Doc he was good, plus I loved who they got to play ‘M’.”

Realizing this could go on for a long time ’Doc’ decided to end it “ok, go on Simon; get out, off with ya. We could go on and on about this all day if I let it but I have work to get to, now scat!”

With a slightly dejected turn Simon walked out, Simon would talk to anyone who would listen. About any of the James bond films from the old ones with the original ‘James’ Sean Connery, to the ones with the skunk Roger More, even the newest one. But ‘Doc’ was right, there was work to be done and it was going to be fun. A smile broke Simon’s mock frown. <This just might be too much fun.> he was already forming a plan to see the end of Chris whether he came quietly or went out with a ‘bang’. <Naa> shaking his head, he walked off to report to his team were they where headed to next, to relay the tip as to why they where headed back to Salt Lake City.

“God damn, hunk of junk, p.o.s. car.” the battery is dead <oh I got a piece of shit car> Chris thought while humming the tune. Ok it is the beginning of December and no snow yet but still “colder than a witch’s tit.” as his dad would say.
The cold having drained the overworked car battery “oh well, I guess it’s time for a jump.” as he checked to make sure no one was watching. He reached in under the hood of his car and popped the latch then after propping it up he reached for the battery’s positive terminal with his right hand and the frame for his car with his left, now for any other person except for an electro elemental this would be the stupidest this thing to do even if it was dead, it could still have enough charge to hurt someone, but to Chris this was quite normal. He concentrated on the feeling of white power in himself and let it build (he had wondered many a time if this is how all the other elementals controlled their powers.) he gave the battery a small jolt being sure not to overload it (you only want to do that once) he hurried around and jumped in to the drivers seat and turned the key his fingers crossed, this time the engine turned right over, first try. “Damn being a high level elemental has its advantages.”
His secondary ability of electricity had come in handy a lot more than once.

Now to any of the other elementals there are three classes of which you could be, the low’s, as in levels 1-3 these usually have only their element, the mid-range 4-6 these usually have their element and a little something like maybe a teleportation or something not pertain to an element but sometime it can be another element, and the high’s 7-10 these usually have two elemental powers and a side power, for example Chris has fire, electricity and time. If the pyro’s weren’t hunted like they are he would most likely be on the council of elements once he was properly tested. Chris had never been tested for his powers for in truth he never wanted to be found out. So he had no idea what his real level is but he could guess as to how high.

He shut the hood of his car and now that it was running he was off <over the river, ok canal, and through the wood’s, ok apartments but there’s an orchard near by so I guess that counts.>
He pulled up to a fairly nice tri level house, blue siding with red brick on the face, getting out of his car he drinks up the front yard scene the two pine trees that marked the boundary lines with the snow ball bush’s, now bare, that made a fence on one side and the cement basket ball court that he use to play on when younger on the other side of the house. <It has been to long.>
He sighed taking in all the memories that came flooding back at that moment, John the neighbors kid that like to play football on the front yard, Alex the kid panther that could hit a baseball across all three front yards and between both his house and the pine trees < I think he’s the pitcher on his college team this year.> he could see them all running in an old game of tag that never seemed to end. All good memories.
He walked up the four cement steps to the porch opened the glass storm door and rang the door bell, then quickly turned around and hid any distinguishable fetchers from view and lowered his head, he herd foot steps form inside come up to the door he heard the bolt detach from the socket and a slight moan from the door as it was slowly opened.

“Hello, can I help you?” came a mid range feminine voice the sound of slight curiosity and concern in it.

“I regret to in form you ma’am that your lowly, degenerate, wayward son has…” he turned quickly with arm’s wide spread “…returned” that’s when Chris for the first time in a long time got a good look at the middle aged, but time had been kind to, lion morph that was his mother.

With her mouth open wide shock written on her face “Chris is that you?”

“One and the same.” replied Chris; she leapt out from the door way to bear hug him around the neck. “Good to see you to mom.”

A tear ran down her cheek “oh Chris I have been so worried, and the way you started that, I almost thought you dead.”
She leaned in to him for another hug.

“Well seeing as how your hugging the stuffing out of me I think I’m still in the land of the living.” he said with a slight chuckle and a mock wheeze. His mom never did hug that hard but if she used her claws you knew not to move and just let it happen till she got her fill.

“Oh wait tell your father see’s you, then you’ll really wonder.” she said with a slight chuckle as she released him then she turned and yelled through the door “Hey Jack we have a visitor.”

“Oh any one I know?” came a fairly deep voice from up the stares.

“Yah but we haven’t seen him in a really long time.”

“Really who?” asked Jack as he rounded the last step of the stares to come to a complete stop at the bottom on the tile of the entrance way.
Now it’s not easy to surprise a grizzly but the look on their faces when you do are priceless.
“Chris….CHRIS my boy.” he ran the short distance to him and gave him a hug, now that’s a bear hug.

Chris being the odd one out in this family, if you didn’t notice Chris is human, his parent’s are not, Chris had been adopted out to this family because his real mom couldn’t handle a child. Chris has never met his real mother but he didn’t need to, he understood why and didn’t need to confirm why she did it, thought if some day he met her it wouldn’t be a bad thing.

“Um dad…. nice… to… see… you… to.” the bear backed off a bit but still didn’t let go.

“Oh Chris, it is good to see you, the way you left the last time we saw you… it just wasn’t right.”
“Ya I know dad…” he said as he was escorted in to the house by the two parents eager to hear the stories of the time that he was away.

Arriving at salt lake international the team disembarked from the plane. Simon first in a heated conversation with Jason then Dave, staying out of it, this wasn’t the first argument between Simon and Jason even though they respected each other they had very different views on how to handle the target.

Behind Dave came a light haired cougar fem then a small dark colored mouse and then a large black hound of some sort most thought him a lab - New Finland mix he was overly large for a lab but not a lot seemed to notice, then two humans one a fem with blond hair she began to talk to the waiting cougar. The other a dark haired Indian * 7-11 not casino *

“…All I’m saying is we might be wrong on this one Simon. I mean has he officially hurt anyone… besides you.” Jason quickly stated. “And even then technically that was self defense. And what about that clerk didn’t he say that if it weren’t for Chris he probably would have been shot, then what about that bus incident.”

“That was never confirmed” Simon shot back.

“Oh come off it Simon, out of the three random photos we showed them only four out of the fifty passengers didn’t correctly identify him as the one that pulled them out, then kept the resulting explosion to a minimally insignificant blast so that every one would be safe…”

“Jason, stop it right now! The target is a ‘dictator class’ pyro and the law says we take him in or we take him out. You know that!” said Simon almost spiting on Jason

“Yes I know that, all I’m saying is this, in the 13 years we have worked together, all those years facing countless pyro’s’ have you ever seen or heard for that matter one that acts like Chris has? I know I haven’t and none of the other teams have ever reported any, I know I’ve looked over most of the other’s report’s as well as our own, it’s always been a fight, always, but with Chris … we have been after him for almost 7 years, and all his actions tell me that something isn’t right, weather it’s what we have to do with him or weather it’s the way he help’s people with out expecting anything in return, it’s just not natural pyro behavior.”

“Not Natural, Not Natural, he is the first ‘dictator class’ pyro since ‘the Dictator’ him self, how would you know what is or isn’t natural for someone with that kind of power?”

With that they both fell silent and turned away from each other starring forward both thinking on what the other had said. They both had good points each could see. But to Simon Chris wasn’t just some pyro, deep under his skin Simon knew Chris was all evil weather it be because he’s a level 10 pyro or the way Chris protects himself, Chris has never sat well with Simon if only because of his ear.

“I’m going out to get something to eat; I’ll be back by dinner ok?” Chris told his mom

“Why we have food here?”

“Because I just got here and I’m not about to eat you out of house and home. Besides I want to see if some of the old places are still around, I hope some haven’t changed their menu’s, what I wouldn’t give for the tuna melt from Jason’s deli.”

Slightly chuckling “ok be careful some things have changed since you where here last.”

“I will mom. Thanks.”

He had already unpacked almost every thing form his car all the handguns went in to his dad’s gun safe in the basement. His single suitcase went next to the couch where he would undoubtedly be sleeping for at least the next week or so before he found something that better suited his needs but for now a couch in a loving environment was all he could ask for. His rifle and sword remained in the car if only because he had no where else to put them.

He hoped in to the mustang started it and backed out of the driveway. Headed down town to see how much thing’s may have changed.

The LDS temple defiantly hadn’t changed. Most of the shop’s had changed and the Galavin plaza was definitely new. The biggest shock to Chris was the new light rail system. <Didn’t think that these people would ever put something like that in, I bet they love it though.>

Then Chris spotted a local sports bar called Port-O-Call he had heard good things about this place so he decided to partake. Now Chris was a fan of good food but he never drank and not because of some noble reason it was because he was scared of it. He was scared for what it might do to him what with his secrets and all. He walked in and after politely refusing a booth or table he took a seat at one end of the bar, the seat was hashed but comfortable the bar it’s self looked very old but no real damage looked to have been done to it. Just then a savvy looking bartender walked over, nice build, good kind face except for the scar on his chin <probably from some disgruntled drunk.> and with a slight southern drawl to his husky voice he asked. “Ok bud what’s your poison of choice?”

“Rum and coke hold the rum…” Chris chuckled “…and a filet minion, medium rare, if you wouldn’t mind.”

“Come’n right up.” was his response he reached be hind the bar out of view and fixed Chris his drink, he handed over the drink. “There you go and your steak will be out in a little bit.”

Chris took the drink and turned to watch the big screen hanging on the wall some commercial was and describing car insurance when he lifted that cup to take a drink and instantly spat it back in the cup with a sourly bitter look on his face. It had been strait rum. He was coughing as the bartender walked up and handed Chris what he originally ordered.

“That’s what you get with a bad joke like that.”

Chris began to chuckle again “yeah I guess I deserved it.” Chris picked up the new drink and inspected it to make sure of what he got this time. Now he just had to wait on his steak. He turned back to the big screen, now showing a college foot ball game and it was rivalry week between the University of Utah and Brigham Young University.
<the Ute’s vs. the Cougars‘, good lord the rivalry seems to have gone a little over broad this year, but I always was one to route for the Ute’s, ever since I was one I still have my student ID. Go Utah.> as he took another sip from his drink, just then a news bulletin stop every one in the bar dead in there tracks, every eye on the big screen. A very nice looking skunket in a navy blue sport’s jacket just off center of the picture. “This is Kate Dale with channel 2 news and I’m reporting live from outside the channel 6 news building where a mad fur has taken hostage the entire news crew and is demanding the release of the local gang members that where taken off the streets in a raid by police not two weeks ago. If his demands are not met within the next three hours he says he’ll level the building.” The picture cuts to a shot inside a clear glass sided building.

<I know that building.>

“As you can see he has the hostages huddled around him, a bomb on his chest and it’s estimated that he has placed several more around the structure of the building.”

<Would it be too much to ask that there would be another elemental that could handle this.> he looked to the ceiling as if for an answer <I think not or the cops would have already called them in. why is it that it has to be some one that will be prosecuted that has to do it. Lets see how can I do this, I could time shift but that would require me to be dang close so I don’t run out of time, no I don’t think I could find a way in and not lose the shift mid way.
I’m not going to blast my way in with my powers that’s just asking for trouble. I’ve got to do something but wh… wait a minute, that could work and I know just the vantage point I could use.> he jumped from the bar stool and ran to his car started the engine and was off down the road.
Across town a mild distance from the bombers location Chris drives to the top level of a five story parking garage grabbing both the sword and the rifle with ammunition to spare. Then just as he entered the twenty story building that the garage was used for he time shifted and made his way to the stairs and started up, about three quarters’ of the way through the clime he had to disengage the shift which was alright he was almost on the roof anyway, one more flight and through the door he ran almost too out of breath to breath. He set up his rifle, his sword getting in his way in his hand and not wanting to forget it, tied it to his belt as tight as he could and continued to set up the rifle. He sighted the high power scope, he affixed the bipod legs, he unfolded the stock and replaced the flash suppresser, then he finally attached the sling so when he left after the deed was done it would go right on his back. <should I be doing this? I don’t know these people. Why am I doing this?> <because to let this guy get away with what he is going to do is just wrong.> <I’m going to have to leave after this if I do it, do I want to leave again, so soon?> <no but think about it, what’s worse? your leaving and spending more time on your own or the lives at stake.> slowly Chris loaded two rounds in to the five round capacity magazine, he felt he would only miss once, slid it in to place with a loud click, opened the bolt and slid one home then he set the bipod legs near the ledge and took aim. He hated this part, looking dead in to the face of the person that he was going to kill, it never sat well.
He’s only had to do this once before and it seemed like such a long time ago, he never for got the face it haunted him for a long time; this would probably be the same.

He took aim, letting his breathing slow almost to nothing, he slowly dragged the crosshairs between the lions shoulders, not the heart he would still have motor control after a shot like that, Chris was planning to take out the spine so there would be no chance of the lion hitting the detonator. Slowly he fingered the trigger, the safety still on. <Breath Chris, breath> he reached for the safety with his thumb, it released, with a small click it snapped in to place. <Breath Chris> he was having a hard time of it, he looked away. <come on Chris breath, you can do this.> he started to take small breaths here and there, suddenly small cracks where heard with the sound of falling glass, shattering Chris’s concentration. Looking through the scoop he saw the shattered glass and the bomber waving a small hand gun. Frantic Chris swiveled the scope about to see if any one was hurt he saw at least five people in uniforms hiding behind some cars wile everyone else scattered and two crouched behind a news van that’s when Chris saw that the news lady skunk that he had first herd report the situation had been hit in the arm, she look to be in shock just sitting there and holding her arm.
<Ok that dose It.> Chris refocused, his aim once again finding the target. He fingered the trigger, safety off, he braced himself, took one long heavy breath and then let it out and held his lungs empty, slowly he pulled the trigger, for what seemed like eternity he held his breath waiting, just waiting then in almost slow motion he felt the trigger click in to place, instantly there was a deafening BOOM. Now it wasn’t exactly comparable to a stick of dynamite but it sure felt and sounded like one so much so everyone down by the bomber ducked to avoid any flying shrapnel. The bullet hit it’s mark, blowing a hole the size of a blowing ball through the lions back wile only leaving a hole the size of a quarter in his chest a look of shock with his mouth open on the lions face as he fell back and hit the ground.

Chris decided to let the situation handle it’s self from there. He quickly slides the rifle over his head and rested the sling so that it was comfortable. He was off, down the stairs, his time shift on; he was barely able to make it out of the building before the shifts 15 minute window closed and was forced back to normal time. He had just shut the door, and then he released the shift and casually walked back to his car, it being the only one on the top level he knew no one would see him with the rifle on his back and attached to his side his sword.

About half way back to his car which he didn’t think he had parked that far away, he passed it off as the adrenalin rush that should now be wearing off now. Just then he heard a brief whistle and then pain shot up his right arm just below the shoulder. He looked from his car to his shoulder with a pained look on his face he saw a needle protruding from his arm

“Ow” <what the…> “Oh crap”
Was all Chris could think or say as he grabbed it and pulled it out. Examining what was left of the liquid that was inside. A dark almost royal purple. “Never seen a trank that color before. Just then he dropped the dart as he felt his skin start to go cold it was as if he couldn’t feel the world around him anymore then his skin felt as if it was actually 2 sizes to small. It hurt. It hurt badly; he reached around pulling at his skin trying to stretch it. It just felt too tight. “What the hell is going on?”

He was so preoccupied with his predicament that he had never even look as to where the vile dart had even come from tell the laughing be came loud enough to stop him dead, at first he stared strait at his car but slowly, summing up all the bravery he could muster, he began to turn in the direction he thought the sound was coming from. There almost strait behind him was Simon, snickering trying to hold back his laughter.

“Damn” Chris tried to focus on his time shift even thought he had just rested enough for about two minutes worth, that was two minutes that he would gladly take. But to his surprise he couldn’t pin down the control switch that allowed him to shift, it was like it had been moved to some place that he couldn’t feel or find.

Seeing the concentration then confusion spread upon Chris’s face Simon smiled “Nu-uh-uh if we are to do our job we can’t have you using your ability to leave. And just when the fun is about to begin. It’s just not as fun without you. To tell you the truth it was frustrating as hell. This time you’re not going anywhere but down. You know what, now that I think about it I think I will miss our little game of cat and mouse.”

“Don’t you mean Tygon and pyro?”

“Well when you put it that way it dose have a nicer ring to it.”

“So … what next?” <damn I don’t want to fight him, I could turn and run but if I know Simon, all of his team is waiting around just about every corner I could possibly go. No I’m not going to fight, I’m not going to give Simon the satisfaction of killing me or taking me in. In a way I pretty much thought it would come to this.>

“Well we can do this the easy way or the hard way, I know its kind of cliché but hey the saying has merit.”

“I think I’ll take an easy way.” said Chris

The confusion on Simons face told Chris that his prefix didn’t go unnoticed. To explain a little better what Chris had in mind he drew his sword.

Simon instantly at the ready with his issue Glock 45. “Didn’t anyone ever tell you never bring a knife to a gun fight?” then he chuckled at his own joke.

“Oh I’m not going to fight you Simon.” still holding he sword and the ready steeling him self for what he was about to do.

“Sure looks like you are.” said Simon

“Ok so how do I look now?” Chris quickly turned around. He knew this would peeve Simon off, he knew that Simon portrayed himself as the kind of fur with enough honor in himself not to shoot someone in the back. He just hoped he wouldn’t revert to not caring about his honor at a time like this. At this point chris could only guess to what simon was thinking, probably something along the lines of a curse or ’what are you doing’ then as a gesture, trying to gain confidence for what he was about to do he began to take a couple steps in the direction of his car. the fact that his car was in front of him made it look like he was trying to get to his car and get away.

That is indeed what simon thought has as just at that moment he decided to pull one of his little toys he had set up for this out of his black suit pocket. It was really very unassumingly plain, it look to all the world like a small lead pipe but this particular pipe had a little glowing red switch on one end and with a small motion and a smile on his face he flicked the switch. Instantly a small explosion engulfed the mustang sending Chris flying back on his back, sword still in hand. To Simon’s credit he didn’t even flinch at the explosion.

“damn you simon.” was all chris could think to say as he rolled over and tried to stand back up he also tried to shake off the shock of what just happened.

“Well we can’t have you leaving just yet now can we. Besides having paid all that money to draw you out would have just been a waste. Though I have to admit I didn’t think you would have killed the lion. I merely thought you would go in and do your time shift or pyro thing.”

“You paid that lion! You… you… bastard. You had me kill someone that you paid.” then in a slightly calmer voice. Now standing. “I have to say I’m disappointed in you Simon.”

“Oh how so?”

“First you should have known I would have seen the news reports and reporters. There’s no way I was going to expose myself to that kind of media. Though I should give you credit that trap probably would have worked on any lesser pyro that was in the mood to get hanged. Second I know you better then to run at least without my time shift, I suspect you have all your team deployed around two in a chopper if I’m not mistaken and one around every corner you or I could think of.”

“What can I say I have my motives.” Simon pointes to his ear “it still hurts you know?”

“Bull, its been seven years Simon and it was a clean wound, fire and electricity tend to clean any wound, it’s all in your head.”

“That it may be but every time I look in the mirror all I feel is the burning.”

“Look Simon I’m sorry I did that, really truly I am, but I was cornered and I was young, I panicked, get over it.”

“I will if you give me a reason.” again pointing the pistol at Chris.

Sword still in hand Chris contemplated his actions < if I do what he want’s I’m dead, if I don’t I’m dead by jury’s execution.> he turned his back to Simon once again.

“Damn it Chris face me when I’m talking to you.”

“And give you the pleaser of shooting me face to face, I don’t think so.” Again Chris started his walk but only after a few steps he stopped. Holding his sword in one hand he slowly turned the tip to his stomach.

Seeing this simon gasped only now realizing what chris was going to do <oh know you don’t chris you don’t get off that easy.> carefully aiming simon pulled the trigger ‘crack’ the bullet hit it’s mark right on the back of Chris’s calf.

Writhing in pain Chris’s leg buckled pulling him along with it. The sword falling harmlessly to his side. Turning as he fell if for no other reason then to see the look on the fox’s face, to get some hint as to why he had been defiled in such a way. All he really saw was the gun still pointing at him.

Taking his chance Simon saw that Chris, as he was falling with a look of shock on his face had turned around and was now facing him. Simon pulled the trigger once again this time striking Chris in the chest just to the left of center.

A rush of pain shot through Chris’s upper body and back as he hit the ground a few feet from where he had been falling. Now the only thing he could do was breath and look up in to the sun filled sky, the breathing was getting harder to do. As he blinked a couple times he noticed Simon standing over him Chris’s sword in hand.

Simon reached down and slid the sword in to the scabbard that was still attached to Chris. “For the past seven years you Chris were a worthy opponent.” no real respect in the word more enjoyment that he had finally won. Standing now simon watched chris die, so that he actually knew with out a doubt, he heard something that he never thought he’d hear, out of all the pyro’s he had faced he would only hear something along the lines of a curse or a damning, but to hear what he heard out of chris sent a shiver down his spine <could it be, was Jason right?>

He leaned over and in a confused voice Simon asked “What was that?”

In a soft voice Chris almost begged “please help me.”

Simon then felt his body shutter as the realization hit him. <Jason was right.>in an instant all seven years of chasing down a pyro took on an entirely new light before all simon could see was hate and contempt for the man now turned to respect for all the things chris could do and now most of all simon could see unlike before, that chris was not as the council of elements put it ‘evil’. Here was some one that was just trying to do his best with the hand he was given. Simon knelt down now knowing that there was nothing he could do except to say “sorry” and he meant it.

Chris took his word words as he saw them. He could somehow feel that Simon truly was sorry for this awful turn in events. Then Chris began to feel a slight pulling in his body. <It must be my time. It feels like I’m being pulled to what ever is after this life.> “good bye.” was going to be the last thing he said.
<My wish to be beyond the stars is just about to come true.> truly thinking that this was the end and with that revelation firmly in his mind he pored his soul, powers and all in to the feeling that he was experiencing his eyes still directed to the sky.

Simon sat back in surprise, not only to the last thing that his previous enemy had said but to the sight that was now unfolding right in front of him. Chris’s eyes where glowing a bright white and just staring as if locked on to something in the distance. Then Simon noticed that the bullet wound in his chest was doing the same thing, glowing the same bright white. Then Chris arched his back as if some force was pulling his body up but was holding his head, hands and feet in place.

Chris not noticing any of this just watched the stares. For Chris it was no longer mid day some how it was dark as night and he could see every star in the night like expanse before him, not feeling any pain that should have been there. < is this what death feels like? No pain and drifting, drifting in a last wish.>

Then with a gasp of air he felt the pain return to his chest. He hadn’t noticed that he was holding his breath. He shut his eyes as he heard a lady scream, not knowing who it was he let himself drift in to unconsciousness as a crowed started to gather, noise in every direction, the last thing he herd was “what the..? Oh dear Shavera! We have to get it to the med-bay!”

Rubbing the blindness out of his eyes Simon looked down to what he thought should be maybe a smoldering pile of ash or something maybe his silhouette on the ground but to his surprise there was nothing. No sign of his passing no sign that he was even there except for the burnt out car. The last thing Simon saw before going temporarily blind… he’s still seeing sunspots… was the glowing body of his former target, Chris Cali. Then hearing what he could only say was (having gone blind at that point from the light that was coming from Chris) a sonic boom. Now with his vision restored a small voice came over his ear piece.

“What the hell was that?”

Simon wiped something from his eye and replied “please repeat.”

Then the mouse replied “What was that, first it got so bright down by you I was afraid I was going to go blind. Then out of it came this glowing …thing… it took off like a rocket. But it wasn’t it was instantly to fast to track. If I hadn’t been looking away from the light that you were… engulfed in for lack of a better word. I would never have seen it.”

“That my dear Sandra was Chris Cali.”

A new voice. “You mean he got away again?”

Then Simon, with a slight smile said. “I don’t know do you know anyone besides me that could live through a blast like that…”

“Are you saying that blinding light then the sonic boom was an explosion?”

“I’m not saying it wasn’t…Derrick would you be so kind as to get the security tapes of the parking lot please.”

“Already done boss.” came a feminine voice.

“Thanks May.” <Good bye Chris.> “Alright guys lets go home there’s nothing left here but a blown up car and one very tired fox.” with that simon stood up and started walking, this was going to be his longest walk home.

Chapter 3

Something new every day.

“Ow” was all Chris could say, just having slowly come out of a long sleep, not having opened his eyes yet. He rolled over onto his side, only slightly opening his eyes to check for a clock, finding what to his mind, was a very interesting clock. It was a mix of digital and analog, very ornamental and really just for show. What he did note was the time he thought it said, 6:00am. He wasn’t quite sure. <GOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!! It’s “O”600 hours. What does the “O” stand for?? ‘Oh’ my God it’s early!!>
Then his eyes flared open having all of his memories of what happened up until his last words of goodbye came flooding down on him like the pyroclastic cloud that was the Mount St. Helens eruption. Sitting bolt straight up, not really noticing he was completely naked, he began to search his chest frantically searching for the wound that should be on his chest. There was none just a light spot in the dead center of his chest. He started looking around while is left and prodded his chest, still looking for an entry hole.

< Where the hell?> What he saw before him was a small very simple room, metal table and one what looked like a very uncomfortable chair. No windows and everything was white, not just white uber white it was so white, that if white can be put into a neon color it would be the color of this room.

< Damn!> Squinting as he took in the color.
< Holy crap where am I?> Sliding his legs off the comfortable bed. Only then realizing his predicament of being in the buff
< what the?> Looking around some more he found his clothes sitting on what looked to be a rather plain dresser, he walked over and put them on. While putting on his pants he noticed the wound on his right leg was healed as well but unlike his chest this one left a nasty scar, it almost looked like a crescent Moon with its two points straight up but at the very bottom it wasn’t connected like the Moon would be but about a half inch apart in almost went straight V shaped, giving it an eerie look almost like a devils head and horns no face just the outline and to Chris that’s exactly what it looked like.
< Damn it Simon. Well at least we’ve both left our marks.>

http://www.freewebs.com/griffinxango/
Kelvin

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have time to read it all but I'm so saving this!
Discord: kelvin#0465
GriffinX

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to have cut off most of chapter three Laughing here's the rest

Referring to Simon’s ear. Then I thought hit him and hard. <if this is a hospital then I was captured by Simon. But where the guards?> He opened the door, unlocked to his surprise. <OK if no guards and the doors unlocked then I wasn’t captured. Could this be the afterlife?> He opened the door and stuck his head out all he saw was a hallway, brightly lit. He saw a dead end on his left so he started down his right as soon as he felt curious enough and brave enough. Looking around he saw what looked like seventies or maybe eighties style wallpaper or what he assumed was wallpaper before he touched it and found it to be engraved into the wall itself adorning the hallway. At the end of the hallway he could see what looked like a reception desk it was empty except for what looked like a computer monitor

< Great I’ve died and ended up in death part two scene of Monty python’s ‘the meaning of life’. If a lady pops up from behind the desk and offers me afterlife mints I think I will die again, either that or have a mental breakdown.>

Just then a very curious furson noticed that the newest patient was up and about. She decided it would be a good idea to see what it was and what it wanted. “Hello?”

Chris did an about-face when he heard “ti’nack?” surprise on his face he quickly moved into a position that he could defend himself if it were an attack.
Looking back at him was, to his surprise a female lop eared rabbit with soft tan colored fur except for her ears which were a light brown. Now the reason this fur surprised Chris was that while on his world there are both furs and humans. But not all the species for example rabbits were not of his world.

Once Chris was able to wrap his mind around the fact that what he saw before him should not be, he felt the shock of his surprise overwhelm him.

“Oh Mother Mary of Christ!” and fainted dead away this wasn’t the biggest surprise Chris would face any time soon.

“Ow” Chris said coming to again just like before, realizing himself back in the room. This time something was different though he couldn’t quite place it, slowly this time he sat up letting his eyes adjust to the bombardment of white. He looked over the room. <Door, wall, table…> there in the chair was a rather interesting creature, at least to Chris. This, clearly feminine yet not overly so rabbit, was reading what looked to be a large palm pilot or PDA of some sort. Realizing he was seeing a creature that he had never imagined could exist he let out a rather loud gasp.

This reaction got her attention. She looked away from whatever was on the screen in her hand to him, she noticed he was stairing right at her she set the device down very slowly, never taking her eyes off of him. <OK that wasn’t just a dream.>

“Hello, how are you?” she said not sure he would understand.

“Ti’nack ble ton eha fai?” was what he heard. A little shocked to say the least, the language was like nothing he had ever heard.

“Ah man, now not only do I have to figure out where I am but I have to learn a very… Interesting language, what the hell have I gotten into here?” he said out loud more to himself, he didn’t think she could understand.

Now it was her turn could be absolutely mystified and shocked at what she heard. <Did this creature say what I think I heard it say?> She sat there with a state of confusion written on her features.

Seeing this <maybe she didn’t think I could speak. Well it is interesting I mean I’m used to furs and all, but not having seen any like her before I would imagine she would never have seen any one like me.> “hum” <maybe I can start over here, wherever here is. Maybe if no one knows that I am an elemental, maybe I can live a regular life I mean I do have all those normal skills, marksman, sailor, driver, pilot, welder all the things I’ve had to learn to stay alive. I don’t like using my powers but if I have to, just to be safe I’ll only use the time shift.> “I’m…” <should I use my name?> “um” <No if it’s a new life it’s a new name!> “Griffin” he said while putting his hand to his chest to indicate that was who he was. He used an old Internet allies. He still didn’t know if she understood him at all.

“Well then Mr. Griffin that’s at least a name I can put on the reports about you, now that I know we can understand one another I have two questions.” She stated in almost perfect English.

His mouth dropped < How? Wow. OK this is getting very interesting.> that ran through his head as his mouth ran. “Wha… um… how? I… DAMN!” he looked around the room in astonishment as the last word came out.
She winced but only a little at his reaction, it caught her a little off guard.

“Well that wasn’t exactly what I was expecting to hear, but at least I think the understand each other.”

Realizing what he said he quickly apologized “you said you have two questions for me, I guess that’s OK but I have at least one for you for right now, and I’m sure more later.”

“OK.” She answered

“What’s your name? You already know mine through my attempts at Neanderthalic conversation.”

She slightly chuckled. “My name is researcher second class Cassidy Starlight. And it would’ve been a good plan to start with if I didn’t already know the language, which brings me to my first question. How do you know my native language? American.”

As she spoke he realized she had a slight accent but he couldn’t place it. “American? I speak English, but with all the slang that has crept into it, it probably should be called American.”

“English? Sorry never heard of it.” She said her face staying neutral while she shrugged her shoulders.

“Really? Considering that the U.S. was colonized by the British in the 1700’s you’d think that you’d have heard it referred to as English.” He replied.

“British? Well they sound interesting. Never heard of them, And the America I know was founded by the tribes, not these British. There’s no real set date has to when the tribes formed as one to become the country.” She stated.

< OK what in the nine hells has she been smoking.> “tribes, as in the Indian tribes?” he asks.
“No they are not from India, and I didn’t know India had tribes.”

“No no, Indian is the old name it’s kind of a slang term nowadays for Native American.” He explained.

“Why are they called native Americans and not just Americans?” she asked.

< Oh boy this is gonna take a bit.> “well native refers to the fact that they were there first, then the British colonized the land along with the French and Spanish. The British ended up controlling most of the land. When the British landed they didn’t know that what they landed on wasn’t the continent they are shooting for so any native people they ran into they called Indians, because that’s what they were shooting for, India not the Americas.” he stated.

“So on your planet the American tribes aren’t the government?” she asked.

“Nope… Wait. What? What do you mean on my planet?” he asked. A little bit of trepidation showing on its face.

“Exactly how it sounds, so on your planet how does the government…” she was cut off by Chris’s hand.

“First that is three questions. Second what do you mean my planet? I don’t think I could be too far from home. It’s not like I’m on the space station not even they have this good of living arrangements. If I had to guess I would say I’m at the University hospital.” He calmly stated.

“Yes that was three questions wasn’t it I’m sorry I underestimated my curiosity.” Realizing what he was saying. < He must not know how he got here if he doesn’t even know where he is. Hell nobody knows how he showed up on the bridge, damn near fell right on top of me.>
“Again I apologize.” After small pause. “My curiosity got the better of me; actually I do have two official questions that I need to get out of the way, so we can fill up all the paperwork.” She said matter of factly picking up the PDA looking device.

Lifting his eyebrow with a curious but accusing look. “OK as long as it’s official.”

“What is the name of your planet? And what are you?” she asked flatly.

< OK now I know something’s wrong either I’ve gone completely nuts or this girl has been living under the flipping mountain.> With the utmost of hesitant looks turning his head to right eyeing and her with his left eye. “I’m human...”

“Huu-maaann, how’s that spelled?” she asked.

“H.U.M.A.N. and I’m from Earth.” He said as if to emphasize that she was out of her mind.

“OK, now that we have a species classification, I think a better explain some things to you. First you’re not in a hospital, you and I are in the med-bay on the starship…” she was interrupted by a knock on the door. “Now who could that be?” getting up she walked to the door and opened it slightly to see who it was. Rubbing her arm Chris watched as she started to speak.
“Ti’nak?” she peered outside. Chris not being able to see the visitor could only listen to the small conversation that they were having in that other very interesting language.
< Starship? She can’t really be serious. And who is she talking to? Come on at least let him in so I can get a good look.> Then a sudden scowl crossed his face< it’s probably Simon giving this lady directions, this is probably a last minute practice joke. Wait. What am I thinking, duh time shift, I’ll get a good look without them even knowing.>
Using his time shift, noticing it was a little harder to use. <probably a side affect, he walked over to the door. To his surprise there stood a raccoon in an obvious military outfit the origins of which looked completely alien to him. < Of course if what she says is to be believed he just might be an alien.>

Walking past Cassidy he got a better look at the officer. < He’s clearly got a high rank, I wondered just how high.>

The navy blue uniform was laced with medals and on his shoulder he saw a very interesting looking symbol, it looked like three crescent moons their points pointing up and at the top of both points of the top crescent there were small red rubies that had Been cut in the shape of diamonds and below the silver crescents he noticed three gold bars vertically sewn in. <man to be wearing all that jewelry this guy has to be a captain or maybe a colonel.>

Giving him a second look up and down, he noticed the side arm that he had on his belt. <OK this guy means business.>
Deciding he didn’t want a confrontation that could get out of hand, he pulled the odd sidearm which actually looked a lot like the phasers of star trek yet still looked like a revolver mixed. He looked it over. < Good lord this thing is weird.>
Pulling out the only thing he could think of as a clip or any kind of ammunition <I can feel some think electric about it, it must be a battery pack for an energy weapon. i rember them saying somewhere that they had started research in to themsome where in the us but i never really balived it.> He put the weapon back in the holster. < I’ll give it back when I decide there’s no real threat, speaking of which where the hell are my things? All I’ve seen are my clothes, for that fact where are my shoes?> only then noticing his feet were freezing on what looked like a combination of cement and tile floor. Slipping that clip into his jeans he slipped back into the room slightly bumping Cassidy. <shoot she’s gonna feel that, oh well I don’t think they know what I can do so I think I’m safe.> With that he climbed into his bed sitting straight up against the back wall so his back would rest against it.

He let the world around him restart very slowly so he wouldn’t get nauseous again, remembering the first time he released it he felt the whole world literally start spinning under his feet. <If that doesn’t make you seasick nothing will.>

As the motions and sounds slowly returned he could see a look of confusion on Cassidy’s face as she felt what she thought was someone walking by her taking her eyes off the officer she glanced at Chris then continued with the conversation, then with a nod of her head she stepped back from the door to allow the officer to enter. He did so and stood before Chris. “Hello and how is our little stowaway doing today?”

<ha.> He mentally chuckled. < little? whose he calling little I’m easily half a foot taller than both Cassidy and him and he calls me little.> Chris looked at the officer trying to get a feel of his train of thought. < He does have that air of superiority about him though; I guess I’ll just play along.>

“Well for the most part I’m feeling alright.” Chris answered

“Good, good.” He walked over and leaned against the table not quite sitting on it.

“OK first how did you know my language second who are you?” Chris said complete confidence, this guy didn’t impress him but he still had a curious look on his face.

“Well that conversation with Ms. Cassidy here.” Gesturing at her. “Informed me that you spoke one of the known languages, so I just set the translator to the right one, and as to who I am I am Admiral David Evans, commander of this ship.”

<OK that answers that question> thought Chris.

“But everyone just calls me admiral or Dave.” Stated Dave.

“OK that brings up another question what is this ship and its name?” asked Chris

"The ship’s name is the Ursa major-B and it’s a Gourbin class exploration ship.”

“B as in this is the second ship with that designation?” asked Chris.

Looking a little surprised that Chris had put that together he asked “yes, but how did you know that?”

“Back on my planet… I don’t think I’ll ever get used to saying that; there was a program on television called star trek and in one of the later versions the ship had the designation of D meaning it was the fourth ship with the same name, I just put two and two together.”

“Oh I see.” Said Dave.

“yeah that show also reminded me of phasers.” He pointed to the admiral sidearm.

The admiral look down at what he was pointing at. “Phaser? Oh you mean the bishop.”

“Bishop? What a weird name for a weapon.” Said Chris

“Yeah it was designed and created by a Lucas Bishop. I think he just wanted his name to last a long time.” Said Dave he decided he’s gonna change the subject. “Ok then… Now it seems we might have a problem.”

“OK I’ll bite. This problem is?” asked Chris

“First of all we’re still on our 15 year mission and I have three choices. One is we can put you to work, with whatever skills you have. Two is you can go out on research missions with our capable staff of researchers.

< Snore fest.> Thought Chris.

“Or third Mr. Griffin is I can throw you in the brig for the remainder of the trip because technically you are a stowaway right now and on my ship no one eats for free we all have to pull our own if you know what I mean.”

“Ya I guess I can understand.” Eyeing him <this guy’s alright, he’s just doing right by his crew and ship.> “OK I think I’ll take combination of one and two they kind of sound interesting seeing as how my talents are kind of far and in-between.”

“Like?”

“Well I can weld pretty well and I’m a marksman, self taught but still pretty good.” replied Chris.

Dave’s left eyebrow shot up. “Ya, you don’t usually hear those two together.”

“So whenever I am let out of here I’ll be happy to create, fabricate, <destroy> weld, and fix anything having to do with metal, considering the stuff I’ve seen I think you probably use steel or iron based metal so I can probably do whatever you need doing. Then, if you so chose I can help with defense. Whether it be on the ship or on the research teams if need be. But I will say this as long as my tools are intact still, I don’t like the idea of what defense might mean me having to do… Just know I will.”

“By tools do you mean those weapons we found on you when you ‘appeared’ on the deck? At first we thought you a collector, an antique dealer maybe. But when we saw how sharp the blade was…”

“It’s called a katana.”

“OK. How sharp the katana was and that you had enough ammunition on you to make some serious armies nervous, we locked them up in the weapons storage area.”

“Am I to assume that I will be getting those back or are they to be destroyed?”

“Destroyed? What in heaven’s name for? They are lawfully yours sir. You’ll get them back at the end of your stay. Or if I decide that you can go on the research missions, for defense only, you can choose to take your weapons or ours. Though the practicality of your weapons might run out. You see almost everywhere and everyone has switched from archaic projectel weapons to phased energy weapons and shielding. But whatever makes you feel more comfortable, your sword is another matter entirely. Blades are completely acceptable for we still do research on planets that aren’t up to our level, or even it would seem your level of technology. Though I have to admit I have never seen a bore as large as that on a handheld personal weapon before.”

< Bingo, that’s exactly what I wanted to hear.> “OK admiral I can see you’re an honest fur… So here.” He slowly pulled his hand from under the sheets of the bed that he was sitting on. Then with a flick his wrist he tossed the energy source for the admiral’s weapon to him.

With a bit of shock at something being thrown at him used quick reflexes trained into him, he managed to catch the object. Holding it out he realized what he was holding. Shooting a look down at his sidearm he knew exactly where they belonged. Looking back up and at Chris. Slight confusion on his face. “How? How did you do that?” and Cassidy, meanwhile sat awestruck at what she just witnessed.

“Let’s just say I am a cautious person and I was just making sure that if things went wrong for some reason, other than claws we would be on an even playing field if you know what I mean.” Chris said meaningfully.

“ok.” Said Dave trying to reassess his opinion of the new creacher before him.

“Just know that I find you to be a respectable person. Now I don’t trust easily but seeing as how I don’t know any one yet I think I can trust you. <for me to trust anyone after what I have been through in the last seven years… but hey new environment, new life, new name, let's try for a new me.>

"I think I can understand that. This can be a bit overwhelming but I hope that soon enough you will feel more at home with us. Now if you will excuse me I must finish the account forms for you Mr. Griffin and once miss Cassidy has finished her reports I will be sending them in to be filed with the council.”

“The council?” Asked Chris

“The Tri Tiberius council. Mr. Griffin… what is your last name if I may?”

<damn I hadn’t thought of that, I guess if a myth is working for my first name it should work for a last name.> “Kreios, Griffin Kreios.”

“Well that is a rather unique name if I may say so. Ah where was I? Oh yes the Tri Tiberius council. Well the council is the oldest government known, and the only intergalactic form of government, we have yet to meet another. Even though it is more like a conglomerate of a multitude of single planetary governments.”

“Really? They all get along?”Chris asked.

“Well more or less. Each planet has its own set of governments that regulate how each section or realm or country whichever you prefer, works and each planet can send five delegates, depending on how many different governments are represented by a planet those five represent some of the more dominate ones or a contingent of several that all can agree in some form or another about what they are to represent. Now those don’t include special cases like you.”

“Like me?”

“Yeah you, you see as of this moment you are an ambassador of your planet, and while in some cases that will give you a little leeway in things that happen, on my ship all ambassadors still work. That is what the accounts are for, you will be receiving a salary for your work along with whatever you make on the side, and you have to have an account or else how are you going to get any food?”

At this point Chris realized that Cassidy was sitting politely by the desk, having been left out of the conversation completely. Then jokingly he replied. “I don’t know? I can always hunt down a rabbit or two.”

Having only been slightly listening to the conversation, the surprise of that statement was like a smack in the face. “What did you say?”

He sat there and laughed. The admiral seeing what was meant by that statement began to chuckle.

“So you eat meat? Is that what you’re species is sustained on?” she asked with a little irritation at being the butt of the joke.

“Well I am an omnivore, so little salad here a little meat there.” He replied holding up his hands a little uneven, like a scale.

Chuckling to himself, Dave thought. <if only he knew the trouble he was about to be in. Cassidy may have a long fuse but if he gets her going, even with his sword that guy would be dead ‘meat’.>

“Oh and before this little situation gets out of hand… Cassidy, remember this is first contact not only will he have to adjust, the word of him is starting to spread some be expecting the calls soon, OK.”

“Yeah sure thing Dave and thanks.” Said Cassidy.

“Yeah thanks for the visit. Just so you know you don’t have to worry about me I can take care of myself.” Stated Chris.

“Well Mr. Griffin…” he was cut off.

“Please no Mr. It makes me feel 30 years older than I am.”

“OK but like I was saying seeing as how your use of magic to unarm me, you did it without saying a word or any movement from your hands, is unparalleled to anyone I’ve ever seen and as such you have my respect as a Mage. Also my respect for your trust in thusly returning the power cell. But know this, for you as a person it might take more.” He turned to walk out.

As all of what Dave had said registered with Chris there was only one thing that stood out. < wait, did he just call me what I think he just called me. That’s why he wasn’t so surprised they must have some sort of powers as well.> “did you say magic? And why did you call me that?”

“Yeah I said magic and I called you a mage that it what you are, aren’t you?”Asked Dave.

“There’s no such thing as magic and I am most certainly not a mage.” Only realizing that what he said could be a big mistake after it had already been said.

“Well for your information magic is real.” Dave said as he held his hand in the air in front of him, and seemed to mumble something under his breath. Then with a slight twist of his hand a large glass of water filled his right hand.

“Holy…” Chris was cut off by Cassidy.

“That’s easily understandable. You come from a non-magic planet. There are many, over half of them that represent the council, are magic less. But if that is true then how did you…?” she asked.

<I just told them I don’t know magic, maybe I can play this a little better.> “Well ok on my planet, <nope still weird> there is no such thing as magic… maybe… maybe I can use it and I never knew, maybe I am a mage and never knew it. I mean no one I know can even think about doing that.” He pointed to what Dave held in his hand. now the water wasn’t what Chris was actually talking about it’s more the glass, as any aqua could produce water at any given time but the glass, that is what flabbergasted Chris.

“I know my world doesn’t have magic. Maybe I can use it.” Said Chris with a shrug of his shoulders.

“I don’t know. I’ve never heard of a non magic world mage.” Said Dave.

“You’ve never heard of a human either so don’t you think it might be possible?” asked Chris.

“You have a point, anything is possible and there are all kinds of life out there.” said Dave.

“If that’s true then how did you use it, you have no training, you didn’t use any semantics nor did you see any words?” asked Cassidy.

“I don’t know really. < OK so that’s a lie but then again I’m not lying when I said I have no magic> all I know is I wanted to see who you are talking to behind the door so I got out of bed walked over and looked out that’s when I realized something was wrong, seeing you two just standing there staring at each other, that’s when I saw your weapon, I didn’t know what to make of you or how you would react to me. So I took it and went back to bed…”

“You bumped me didn’t you?” asked Cassidy.

“Yes, but I did I didn’t know you could feel it.” Lied Chris.

“Imagine how I felt, having something then again nothing bump me.” Stated Cassidy.

Just then the phone or what Chris assumed was a phone began to beep.
“This is researcher Cassidy,” she said after having answered it. “How may I direct your call?… OK I’ll ask. Griffin it’s one of our medical staff she wishes for an update as to your health.”

Looking and himself, he raised both arms like in an attempt to fly, then kicking out both legs. Then after asking for some space he did a full roundhouse kick and through some lightning fast punches. With his electro powers he is able to move a lot quicker than any normal fur or human when he chooses to.

Both the admiral and Cassidy watched, stunned and with great fascination as he went through his workout which looked like a mix between kickboxing, street fighting, some military maneuvers and a little of something they had never seen, Chris had added a little of the Brazilian martial arts in as well. His workout now over, he felt slightly winded.
“Hmm I must be a little out of shape; I’m usually faster than that.” He said to himself, aloud.

“well I seem to be fine.” Chris said to Cassidy.
Cassidy was slightly amazed at what she had just seen. < Did he just say he was usually faster than that, jeez that was fast.>

Dave on the other hand thought. < DAMN this guy can move. Note to self don’t challenge this guy to a race.>

“Cassidy?” said Chris as he snapped his fingers to get her attention.
She lightly shuck off her amazement. “W...what?”

“I’m fine.” He replied.

“Yeah you are fine; by the look of it you’re doing better than fine.”
Chris gave a slight chuckle at this. “No, I’m fine.” He pointed to the phone in her hand.

“Oh... Oh yeah. He says he’s feeling fine… Yes I’ll tell him, have a good day.” She pressed a single button and set it back down. “She said she’s glad to hear it.”

They’ve turned to leave and in one quick motion of his hand, as if to impress Chris, but door opened untouched, he slipped through and it closed behind him.

“I was kind of flashy for an exit.” Said Chris.

“What do you mean?” asked Cassidy curiously.

< just that I wouldn’t have left trying to impress anyone, he’s an admiral, he shouldn’t need to impress me yet that clearly was his intention.> “oh nothing, just thinking out loud.”

Chris sat on the bed as Cassidy sat by the table after Dave had left. A pregnant silence filled the room, neither really had anything to say.
< let’s see if I can’t find out more about my situation.> thought Chris. “so... if you’re from an America that's run by the tribes, what tribe are you?”

She actually wasn’t expecting a question like that. “I’m of the Seminoles, from the south most portion of the eastern coast just before the southern coast connects to the polar continent.”

“Wait, what? that doesn’t sound anything like the U.S. umm the America that I am from?”

“That’s probably because it isn’t, out of the five… well six now, earths only three have an American continent and the geography is always different. The thing that really amazes me is how many things stayed the same, like for example for every earth that has an American continent also has the American tribes and almost every tribe has the same name as any other from any of the other earth’s. The only reason that it’s called earth is that’s what the native peoples call it, though in our databanks you’ll discover that they end up having a number assigned to them to keep track. Yours will be earth six. Which reminds me now that you’re awake we….” She didn’t get to finish as the insistent beeping of the button communicator began.

Chris was able to get to it first this time, he picked it up. “Hello… um, no…ok, yes… NO and don’t you ever say something like that again!” Cassidy was very surprised to suddenly see Griffin almost break the communicator in a fit of anger with one hand.

Chris realizing that his anger was getting the better of him, in a controlled motion slowly put the device back on the table.

“What was that about?” asked Cassidy

“Wrong number.” answered Chris. Just then it started to beep again, not in any mood to be nice picked up the device and answered it in the most mechanical voice he could come up with “thank you for calling Mr. Griffin Kreios, if you have any questions, comments or concerns concerning Mr. Griffin please feel free to mail them to any p.o. box address you know and they will be lost, thrown away, or sent straight to hell in the order in which they where received. Thank you and have a nice day.” he deactivated it with a deliberate slowness then set it down. “That felt good.”
Cassidy for some odd reason found that funny and tried, miserably to hide that fact.

Seeing this Chris also couldn’t help but find the situation just a little funny. “If you people think I’m in a good enough condition to get out of here there’s no way I’m staying here any longer. Care to join me?”

“I guess I would have to, just keep eye on you. I can show you around, we have your cabin all set up and ready, of course seeing as how no one on the ship has ever heard of let alone seen anything like you, we didn’t know what your accommodations would require.”

Chris smiled as they walked out the door and down the hall. “As long as there are no bars on the windows I think I will be fine.”

Something about that didn’t sound right. “Why is that? Were you detained on your planet?” that’s when a thought hit her with a ton of bricks. “Are you a criminal?”

They continued to walk in silence while Chris tried to decide whether or not he should tell her. < should I tell her? No one here knows of the elements, maybe here, this might be a good thing. It might not though, I don’t want any undue attention drawn to me, I’m already going to stand out, I know my powers aren’t magic, all they know of powers is magic. I really don’t wanna become a research project on a research ship. >

“Well?” she stopped in front of him with a very serious ‘answer or else’ look.

< Now or never.> Thought Chris “no…” he sighed “I’m not a criminal if anything I’ve helped more lives than I’ve ever harmed. But…”

“But what?”

“But… Where I’m from the very fact that I’m alive is against the law.please don't tell any one. I’m sorry I lied to you. I did it to see where you stood. Now that I understand where I am, I think I can tell you what I need to. Now my planet isn’t magical that is the truth, and the fact that magic actually exists still baffles me I wasn’t lying when I said I can’t do magic… I’m… An elemental… a pyro at least the level nine or ten.”

“What's a pyro? I mean I know that it will have something to do with fire, but I think it has a different meaning for you, because you call yourself a pyro, and if you can’t do magic then how did you get the power cell away from Dave?” she asked.

“like I said I am an elemental a high level at that, I have powers that are not magic but genetic and before you ask there’s no traceable blood line for it, it is completely random either you born with the powers or you’re not, and the power level never increases or decreases with age from the moment you are born until you are on your death bed you will have the same amount.” He then went on into great detail about all the types of elementals. He ended up telling her a lot more than he ever intended to, he told her the story of ‘the dictator’, then finished with his flight from the Tygons and what they would do if they caught him and have been Simon last met before coming here.

“So they would kill you just for what you are?” She asked.

“Well not so much for what I am but my power level yes. It’s like I said any pyro above level three is more or less executed, and seeing as how I’m level nine or ten, even though I have saved more lives than I’ve hurt I doubt that would make any difference when I was put on trial.”

“That just seems wrong. I mean I know it’s not my place to say what a planet can and cannot do, but that’s just… Seems wrong.”

“Don’t I know it.” Just then he felt something he hadn’t felt since he left his parents’ house. “Is there anywhere to get something to eat on this tin bucket, I’m hungry.”

“Yeah sure, it’s this way.” They began walking again. “Umm… Were you being serious back there?”

“About what?”

“A-about what you said about how you eat.”

“Only about half, I am an omnivore if that’s what you’re asking.”

“No, no that I understand almost every sentient species is. I meant about you catching rabbits.”

“Oh that, no not really there are some that still do, but it’s not enough to fill a person. And I know of no store that sells any rabbit meat.”

“Oh alright.”

“I have a couple of questions for you if that’s alright.”

“OK”

“How long was I unconscious?”

“About a week.”

“A week!” he stated, showing surprise. “How the hell did I Heal so fast in a week?”

“a nanotech or nanite solution, usually they do a pretty good job but seeing as how you’re not of one of the known species we had to take precautions, chest wound worked perfectly you can hardly tell what happened but your leg is a different story, we still can’t figure out why you scarred like that.”

“Maybe because it’s evil.”

“Why would you say that?”

“Remember what I said about ‘the dictator’, that symbol I describe, it represents him, which that scar on my leg looks almost exactly like it, and my planet that represents evil. I have worked my whole life towards the fact that I am not, where my society has drilled into me that that fox and his symbol are evil and that because he was a pyro, any dictator class pyro’s are more than likely evil as well. I guess I just cannot get away from the misconceptions of my planet.”

“Well get over it. We have no knowledge of your planet or the elements or how it’s governed. So griffin consider this a fresh start as long as you don’t use those ‘powers’ for anything “evil” everything will be fine. After hearing several of the things you told me, now I realize I can’t exactly be non-biased about everything you told me because it was you that told me, but you have saved people, so even if you say that you shouldn’t be trusted, I think I will go against that advice, because I just don’t believe it.” For some reason that made Chris feel a little weird, good almost he couldn’t quite place is finger on it. Was it that someone actually had confidence In him? Or was it that somebody actually wasn’t scared of him.

After pretty much just aimlessly wandering Cassidy finally noticed where they were at. She cleared her throat. “Well it was kind of a roundabout way of getting here but here’s your cabin.” She held out her hand to indicate which door it was. “Now there’s a small microchip in your right hand and upon touching this sensor.” She pointed to just above the handle. “It will open, and only for you. Once inside with a simple voice command you can give anyone permission to enter.” Chris just stood there a kind of confused look on his face.

“You need me to explain it better? Were there some words that you didn’t understand?” she asked.

“No, no I understood it all fine. It’s just I thought we were headed to get something to eat, I’m still hungry.”

She put her hand to her head. “Oh I completely forgot I’m sorry.”

“Hey as long as we get there before I pass out I think we’ll be fine.”

Kelvin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be such a nitpicker, but this story is riddled with grammatical errors. If you like, I could be your editor.
kcmack

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep writing the story. So far it is interesting and I would also take Midi up on his offer. Your story line and plot are very good. I am always a sucker for a good scifi story =p.
GriffinX

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey midi i wouldn't mind, i know i have trouble with it i never was very good a memorising the way words work but just so you know you went the first to read it so it could have been a lot worse than it is.

and hey i have a lot more written kcmack but its all hand handwritten and i am a slow typer, sorry. i have around seven chapters hand handwritten but i only just started typing my forth and as it is right now the third chapter was my longest one.

kcmack

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Glad to hear you have that much so far. Don't worry, your typing will improve the more you do it.
RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way I could get a copy of the story to read off line in either .txt or .doc format. I just have trouble reading it all online and would like to sit back and read it some.

Just wondering

RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think i found a way for you to down load them, lets see if it works.

it will all be in a word pad document just so you know.

RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

This will work out fine

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolaids. Now I don't gotta copy pasta!
GriffinX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good if it worked i'll try to do that as well as what i did before.
kcmack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Galaxy hero coming along Griffinx? Don't make me come find you to get chapter 4 =p.
GriffinX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actualy at the moment very slowly two weeks ago i have a totale data dump viris run rampint on my pc so i lost al of what i had been writing of chapter 4 wich at that time was only half way done so now ive had to start all over again at least on chapter 4 now that i just bearly got my files up and running again

sorry i hadn'd informed you guys, i just think any one really cared all that much but since you actualy asked about it i'll try to remember what i had done and what i had changed.

i'm just glad that i had chapters 1-3 backed up on an sd card.

kcmack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack! Evil computer virus's. If you need a free anti-virus check out AVG or Avast anti virus's. Both can be downloaded for free over the internet and work pretty well.

So far I know I have been enjoying the story and I think Midi likes it too. I just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, cause I am a sucker for a sci-fi story lol =3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: