Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How good is your eye on Fire On High
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tigermark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: How good is your eye on Fire On High Reply with quote

Okay folks, think you have a good eye? Think you read the detail well? Here's a challenge and a contest for you.

In Fire On High, there's something a bit off with one of the character's continuity. Without going back and rereading anything, can you pinpoint what it is?

Time limit 24 hours. After that, I'll start posting hints. First prize for the first one to get it in the 24 will be a guest appearance in a FOH-based short of your choice that I'll write.

After the 24 hours, out to 48, it'll be guest cameo in FOH.

After 48, it'll be just for fun, and THEN and only then will it be permissible to go look it up.

Oh, btw, my proofers are not allowed to enter.

Post your guesses here. I'll be the final judge. It is now 0210 CDT Thursday March 13, 2008.

The clock is ticking.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Trick Question Reply with quote

Hmmmm, has to be internal, as external would be easier to spot, though....

Must be a trick question...
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TM!

Arrgh!!!

I ... uh ... ya know, I knew that one, too. Too bad I can't read that fast or it would jog my memory whe I got to that part.

Oh well, looks like I'll sit this one out ... maybe ....

*runs off to start reading like crazy*

Good luck to everyone!

Kel

JediFur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh jeez... ...I haven't gone back to read that in a bit... ...I've been jonesing for a new chapter though...

I'll have to wait for a clue, but I'm already a character, so I'll voluntarily excuse myself from this one.

-Jedi

Did you Know?
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuity errors are hard to pick out from memory when other (non-canon) stories involving some of the same characters are also being read. Also when it's been weeks since the latest of spread-out chapters. I'm wondering if it's a recent or earlier error (however minor it might be). I'm guessing that something in the currently editing chapter has brought this to TM's attention, though from the contest post, it has to be in an already-published chapter.

Or is this linked to a new chapter post?

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good questions, AmigaD. Some of those answers will be follow-on clues. but I will say that the answer is in already-published chapters.

It's now 0328, so the first 24 hours are up. On to the second, and here's the clue.

The character in question is female.

If no one gets this, don't feel too bad. None of my proofers did either.

And yes AmigaD, it was while editing on the chapter I'm typing in right now that the answer to the puzzle jumped out at me. And yes, that's a hint that Chapter 52 is in the works.

The clock continues...

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm .. does it have to do with a certain Grey Vixen?

Or should we concentrate more on the family... >.>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TM,

I think it's Corrie (or possibly one of her girlfriends). There was something during the pizza party the girls had on that Sunday, when Alex dropped in to meet and greet. Or the events immediately surrounding that. There was something that stuck in my head right about there, but I don't remember the details and it took me this long just to remember Corrie's name.

I guess I'll have to re-read the last ten chapters or so to get back into the groove and refresh the old memory.

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: It was Missus Green, in the coatroom, with the candlestick.. Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure-- read that as, Not Very-- that it wasn't with Corrine- but with Alex's sister-in-law. (I forget her name at the moment)

I do believe that there was a continuity error regarding something with her, the death of her husband, the arrival of her friend and now fiance, Jack (??) and the last time we saw them, when they were dealing with the aftermath of the idiot fur who wanted to cause her harm.

Further guessing will require me to go back and do some re-reading- which had been expressedly forbidden (to my interpretation) by OBA.

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it is now 0320 on the 15th. Beware the Ides of March.

Not really, though. To start, I'll have to give half credit to Nicolai. The character is indeed Corrie, but since he wasn't sure, and didn't know the nature of the problem, on we go. This is now just for fun, and I'll give another hint in moment.

Shir, I think there was a bit of a problem with Jenna and her timeline, but I thought I had fixed that. If not, I'll give you half-credit, too. If the story has a spot, I'll have a cameo for both you and Nicolai, but it'll be a little while in coming.

Now for the hint. Somewhere in Nicolai's message is a major clue as to the nature of the problem. It wasn't planned or intentional on his part, but it is there.

I'll check back again later today. Oh, and now that it's just for fun, feel free to go back and look through the chapters for it.

Tigermark

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, TM,

I just went back to re-read that part of the story, and I can't spot it. I'll think on it a bit. I know it's there and I can't see it. So it's bugging me. Confused

Nicolai lives in the Columbus area, actually not too far from James Sheppard, and he's working on a project with Zig, although he will NOT be appearing in any videos. He's a voice actor, and he prefers behind the mike to in front of the cameras. There's a hook if you need one. I can send you my bio if you'd like, it may help.

Mike will be pulling the story I started, Warrior's Song, from the Bookshelf soon, and I've ok'd that because I haven't gotten anything new done in a year and a half. I wrote myself into a bit of a corner right out of the starting blocks, and I haven't been able to figure a way around it. I'm going to take the characters and the story line and try to get it going again, if my muse ever comes back from vacation.

Looking forward to chapter 52.

[edit] It can't be this simple, can it? Alex told Corrie he'd be there right after church. Yet he was delayed because he was talking with Jenna about the attack. I don't see Jenna waiting that long to talk with him, since the attack was on Saturday morning. She should have called while they were out fishing. (I assume Alex has a cellphone.) No, wait. That's not Corrie's timeline. Darn. <grump> [/edit]

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, final hint folks. It's Sunday afternoon and I have first editing and such to do before Ch52 goes to the proofers.

Again, when I asked this question of my proofers, mostly what I got back was cicket chirps for several moments and then a sheepish shrug and an "i don't know" so don't feel bad.

last clue: What is Corrie's name?

Full name.

TM Very Happy

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling somewhat vindicated, TM. Good contest.

SC

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, TM,

I hate to tell you this, but you have the same problem in chapters 47 and 48. Twisted Evil

At the restaurant in 47 and when she answers the phone in 48.

I don't think it's a timeline issue at all. Unless there's something in the backstory we readers don't know...

Oops, my error. Embarassed You said continuity, and I mis-remembered that as timeline. My bad. (Good thing I double checked the thread before I posted this.)

Good contest. I didn't catch it until your final clue, even though I re-read the entire story.

Nicolai

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, Nicolai. Isn't it awful for an author to do that to his own character! I know it's in both chapters, and I have corrected ones ready to post, but a certain coyote suggested a trivia contest to see if anyone had spotted it. I'll most likely post the corrected chapters when I post Ch52.

Thanks for reading, and playing. heh, so I won't spoil it for those still wracking their brains, I won't post teh actual answer here until someone correctly answers. Nicolai, you now know, so let's let someone else give an answer.

TM

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tigermark All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: