Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attention all furs in the area of Nashville
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Percy Priest Lake, we're talking $370 for 24 hours for a boat with a bathroom, or a smaller boat without a bathroom can be had for $270. Me, I think the extra hundred bucks would prove to be well worth it-- you can't easily (or without risk of damage) "beach" a pontoon like you can a jonboat, and go ashore. Fuel is additional, usage would depend on how far we went. If we get ten folks, call it $50 apiece with gas, taxes, and rental insurance. (The large boat would hold up to 16. Up to this point, the more the merrier. If we come up short, perhaps we could solicit some non-PF local furs?)

http://www.elmhillmarina.com/boatrentals/boatrentals.htm

A very brief websearch indicates that these prices are a bit higher than other lakes, but when you factor in how close Percy Priest is to a large city, this is understandable. This same websearch indicated that we're not gonna find another place that rents boats with bathrooms within a hundred miles. Or, at least, we're not gonna find one easily.

Another, more expensive option (especially for a multi-day affair) is a houseboat. At this point, I dunno if we're ready for that, but here's a link anyway.

http://www.wisdomdock.com/56.shtml

Any comments? Is this a good idea, or one that should be quietly dropped?
PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the idea rocks BUT since money doesn't seem to like me I would be unable to participate. Money seems to think I have some sort of contagious desise so it keeps it's distance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eagerly await further comments from others.
Journye

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo and I really look forward to another get together and the boat idea sounds really good. We should be able to help pitch in for whatever is decided.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rabbit and I have been discussing this off line, and unless we can get a few more furs to commit to attending, we're not going to be able to do this. We only have five right now (seven if we can talk PrincessB and IT into attending). We need at least 10, preferably 12-16 to make this work.

Any fur have another idea? I'd like to get together again fairly soon, and I know several of us are up for something.

Since all of us who were at the previous gathering have cats, we'll need to find someplace other than our homes, so Rabbit can attend.

I'm open for suggestions...

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're looking food, then places like Ryan's and Hometown Buffet are not too expensive and can attempt to reserve a table to gather around and talk.

If we're looking activity then bowling at a small out of the way place (on non-peak times) could be fun. Make teams, friendly competition, munch on stupid junk food if the local has it, and talk between rolling. Theres two little places not far from where Leonato and Journye used to live in Donelson (not far from Opry area) and theres a little place in Madison (just a bit north of Nashville) that I haven't been to in forever (let see, on a date in November of 2001, a few guys ago) it shows it's age, isn't exactly the ritz but as one who likes smaller crowds therefore better for talking, the "dive" places can be quite empty on off times.
I can have IT drive by and check prices and hours on the Madison one since it just means taking a slightly different route home from work (he sometimes takes the route anyway depending on traffic). And it's pretty easy to find.

Weekends tend to be busy for me but then weekdays IT has work and my vehicle, but name the weekend and I'll see what is already scheduled (I already have things planned into the first weekend of November). We're keeping tight on money since so little is coming in but I was considering taking IT bowling sometime the weekend of 8-8-08 since that is his 25th birthday so if folks are free the following Sunday morning (we like Sunday mornings around 9-10 if we go out, many are either still in bed or still at church) then we could all gather and share the fun of giving him his birthday spankings. Smile

Leonato

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of these ideas! For what its worth, I know PercyPriest lake like the back of my paw. I have been boating on that lake for many years now. Me and IronTiger even took jet-skis from the dam all the way onto the stones river where it feeds the lake. THAT was one heck of a ride, we went through two tanks of gas apeace (at least it was CHEAPER then).

The bowling alley idea is a nice one too =^.^= Heck, me and foxy had our after-wedding party (not the reception) at a bowling alley (its the one PrincessB mentioned being near where we used to live). The only thing to consider there, is if the place allows smoking or not. IIRC Nicolai, you are very allergic to it.

Then there is the tried-and-true cheap alternative... McDonald's. Wink Since the point of us getting together is more about the get together part than the food part... *shrugs*. I know I am certainly up for another get together. And I think its safe to assume, the cheaper the better. Part of that is trying to keep the drive down a bit for as many furs as possible. Since traveling any kind of distance these days can add some serious $$$ to an outing.

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

Journye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with what ever is decided, but I need at least two weeks notice so that I'm able to request the time needed for it off.
Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time, I'm going to pretty much consider the boat idea dead in the water. Since my surgery date is coming up soon, I hope y'all will forgive me for bowing out of the planning end of things for a while. If my health permits, I'm looking forward to participating in and supporting (to a degree) financially whatever someone else comes up with.
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonato, Journye, PrincessB, IronTiger

Can one of you organize something, please? I've not got the time or energy at the moment. Confused Doesn't need to be anything fancy or involved, just a get-together.

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Leonato

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*

Me and IronTiger have talked about this, but it seems like schedules are full for a little while to come. That coupled with the fact that I'm in for a job-change here pretty soon (about two weeks out) and it seems what schedule we do know of is full, but what schedule we dont know for sure makes up most of it. If that makes any sense. We are at a place presently that we can not plan much in advance for a bit. Sorry. We will certainly keep you furs in mind, and we will do this again, its just real-life has got us cornered for the time being.

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I either missed the post from a week ago or read it and forgot (forgetting is most likely lol).
Enter party planner extrodanair.
Well maybe not the extrodanair but I do love planning parties and get togethers.
Last year I was asked to be on the social committee at my church which is mainly planning get togethers for all the church members (and any others who wish to attend) so last year I worked with 5 other ladies to plan stuff like a boating picnic in the park, an ice cream social, game nights, movie nights, a new years party, a supper bowl and super bowl widows party, a luau, a valentines banquet, a hugh birthday party for everyone, etc. I'm on the committee for the next two years and love being on it. I've become second in command so to speak because I keep the notes and such and have the time to do the planning and shopping, etc. (I've already put multiple hours of research into a big carnival that won't be happening for a few months. No Leonato, not near as big as Madison or even Highlands fall fests, it will be like that but smaller cuz my church is smaller and not as wealthy)

I will look into planning something IF folks will make a real effert to attend. I often see a lot of "no time for friends" attitude and if I get that then I won't bother putting the work in. I entirly understand being busy or having days that are blocked off (I sometimes have brides that reserve a day with me a year or more in advance) but anything like "Theres a show on tv that nights that I think I'll stay home and watch instead." or "I don't feel like going anywhere today." is just excusses that mean to say "Friends, and time with friends are not important to me." And I'm not going to do planning just for folks to say that friends are not important enough for you to be bothered. Not to sound harsh but I've seen too much of folks complaining about not having friends (no one caring about them) but then not willing to do the things to make or have friends who will care.

Anything I plan would be at least 2-3 weeks in advance so that folks can look into setting that day aside (get it off from work, make necisary plans etc) and will be as affordable as possible to all because I've still not figured out the magic lotto numbers.

On the bowling note, IronTiger did go by the bowling alley in Madison and he did not ask about smoking but he did take note that the woman working the counter was on oxegen (not supposed to be any smoke around that) and there was a person standing outside smoking so it appears this alley is smoke free. It is a bit north of Nashville (exit 92 off I65) but it tends to be cheaper than most alleys and I dunno about smoking in other alleys like the two just east of Nashville near Leonato and Journye.

I will look around and see what I can find as near to Nashville as possible and get back to everyone.

Journye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo and I would more then likely be able to make it as long as we had 2-3 weeks notice. The two bowling alleys close to us are rather expensive and one does allow smoking inside.

Princess you always plan good parties =^.^=
PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, keeping in mind that most like to gather and talk so nothing to fancy I was thinking of hitting a Dairy Queen.
Good place to sit and talk and have a variety of food options, meal, dessert or just a drink and not cost to much.
There is a DQ in Nashville at: 3404 West End Ave Nashville, Tn
I was thinking September 13th at about 2pm, that will give some notice for those needing to work it into their schedule, it's not overly early or late, and the location is fairly central since we have folks north, east and south of Nashville. And on a, let say "interesting" note I have seen advertised a giant pillow fight at Cenntenial Park at 6pm on that day. Yes thats right, a pillow fight. I am planing to go to the pillow fight to watch the spectical and maybe take a few interesting pictures. So if others want to pick up from the DQ and go down the road a bit and potentially watch something amuzing we could continue the gathering at the new location.
Thoughts?

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a possibility to me. Cool

Nicolai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: