Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attention all furs in the area of Nashville
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a fantastic time! Looking forward very much to the next time.

(Heh, no pics to add that haven't been covered. My daughter had the camera, and wgat we got was LOTS of kitty pics.)

(P.S. Princess B, her name is Brianna, or Bri for short.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Journye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely had a blast and look forward to when we can do it again. Its nice getting to meet new people, especially since I'm usually shy about doing so, but I am slowly over coming that thanks to all the great furs I have met (and lots of dragging around by Leo).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PrincessB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(P.S. Princess B, her name is Brianna, or Bri for short.)

The last couple nights I've not gotten as much sleep as I would like and last night I was pretty tired but wanted to make a quick post while winding down. I felt aweful cuz I knew I had heard her name but for some reason it just wouldn't come to me. This morning I got up earlier than I would have liked and it took a couple hours for me to really get the brain working but once it finally did I suddenly remembered her name!

I may have only been born less than 25 years ago but my body/mind often thinks I'm at least 40 lol Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, princess B, it's quite alright. As a greymuzzle in good standing at age 48, soon to be 49 in a month and a half or so, I reaaly do know what you mean. Hope the week has gone better for ya.

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessB, I'll second that. (You're just a youngster, TM.) It happens to all of us.

BTW, every fur that was here last weekend, Sig and Patty will be coming through on their way back this weekend, and we've decided to go to the Hermitage Cafe, on Hermitage Drive in Nashville, for breakfast Sunday morning. You are all invited.

Tentative time is 9am, let me know if that works for you. I'll also be sending this out by email, to every fur whose email addy I have.

Let me know if you need directions.

Nicolai Very Happy

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would join but we are in north Carolina and won't be back till Sunday night. Have fun!
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Carolina?...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ambi, Tommy lives in NC ya'know. Wink

AKA Mogthemoogle
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitty's loose in NC, time too hide the catnip and kiddie krack!...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

PrincessB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it actually never crossed my mind to try and set up something. We only had about 3 weeks notice (about twice as much notice as we had last year before going to Florida) and I didn't tell many that I was going away.

Looks like we are currently about an hour south west of you Tommy, though when we were coming here the GPS sent us screwy so the route we took got us even closer to you. We are currently in Southern Pines, NC visiting IT's grandparents (yesterday was their 60th wedding anniversary). We got in yesterday afternoon, tomorrow we are going to Wrightsville Beach, NC (I MISS THE OCEAN!) then will head back towards home early Sunday morning.

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Say hello to NC for me. I know the area pretty well. I was stationed at Pope AFB (Ft. Bragg/ Fayetteville) for 2 years in the early 80's. had some great times at teh beaches around Wilmington. Have a great time!

TM

Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that I can't make it. But, let's do another sort of get-together again soon!
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rabbit wrote:
Sorry that I can't make it. But, let's do another sort of get-together again soon!

You bet! Are you volunteering to organize it? Razz

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would very much like to do another get-together, especially since I'm scheduled for shoulder surgery July 18 and would like to have something to look forward to in order to take my mind off of the twelve weeks work I'm going to miss. I'd suggest that, given that we all just met up recently and since I also wanna be healthy enough to come, mid-August (indoors!) might be a good time. As for a venue...

We can, at various levels of expense, simply go to a coffee-house and "take over", plan a meal out at anything from a fast-food place on up, or rent a conference room at a hotel and do a sort of mini-con (though I think we ought to work our way up to this last one).

Another alternative, which worked _magnificently_ for another semi-furry small-group get-together I was part of once, might be to rent a pontoon boat overnight on either Percy Priest, Kentucky, or Old Hickory Lakes. (You don't actually stay out all night, but rather come back to dock at 2AM or so.) There's something about being on a boat that just makes things twice as fun and memorable. The biggest problem is bathroom issues-- the better the lavatory facilities, the more you pay. If we get as many as 6-7 people involved, it might even be a cheap night. We could barbecue, RP, fish, or all of the above all at once. If there's enough interest, I'll research prices. It would be useful to know ahead of time, if people like the idea, how much they are prepared to spend. Or, alternatively, I'll be glad to find a restaurant for us to meet in, etc.
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rabbit wrote:
I would very much like to do another get-together, especially since I'm scheduled for shoulder surgery July 18 and would like to have something to look forward to in order to take my mind off of the twelve weeks work I'm going to miss. I'd suggest that, given that we all just met up recently and since I also wanna be healthy enough to come, mid-August (indoors!) might be a good time. As for a venue...

We can, at various levels of expense, simply go to a coffee-house and "take over", plan a meal out at anything from a fast-food place on up, or rent a conference room at a hotel and do a sort of mini-con (though I think we ought to work our way up to this last one).

Another alternative, which worked _magnificently_ for another semi-furry small-group get-together I was part of once, might be to rent a pontoon boat overnight on either Percy Priest, Kentucky, or Old Hickory Lakes. (You don't actually stay out all night, but rather come back to dock at 2AM or so.) There's something about being on a boat that just makes things twice as fun and memorable. The biggest problem is bathroom issues-- the better the lavatory facilities, the more you pay. If we get as many as 6-7 people involved, it might even be a cheap night. We could barbecue, RP, fish, or all of the above all at once. If there's enough interest, I'll research prices. It would be useful to know ahead of time, if people like the idea, how much they are prepared to spend. Or, alternatively, I'll be glad to find a restaurant for us to meet in, etc.

First, I hope the surgery goes well and everything comes out right.

Another get-together is a seriously good idea, whatever the venue.

The pontoon/house boat idea had not occurred to me. It sounds like fun and I'm willing to give it a try. Get me with an idea of the costs (just a rough guesstimate), and I'll consult with the better half on our budget and find out what we can afford to spend.

Geeze, I don't remember the last time I was out on the water...

Nicolai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: