Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attention all furs in the area of Nashville
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Attention all furs in the area of Nashville Reply with quote

Patty and myself will be in the Nashville area June 21 and we are trying to get together furs for a dinner in Nashville or near by. So far we've got Nicolai and his wife since we're spending the night with them. If you're interested please contact me or let me know on this thread.

We are open for suggestions on where we should go eat, all I ask is that they have some vegetarian food. Or it's possible we may be able to do a potluck at Nicolai's.

PrincessB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want that much ahead planning?! Smile
Well IT and I would likely be up for a gathering if we can find local! Specially if it's afternoon or evening.
Hometown buffet is my favorite for variety and ability to please all, it's in Madison north of Nashville. It's kinda like Ryans and of course any Ryans anywhere is good. Other than that... IT is mainly vegitarian but not having a lot of money means we don't eat out much meaning we don't know a whole lot about where to go for specific stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be asked/reminded closer to the date. In theory I'm all for it, but my work schedule, for example, won't be set until June 1 at the earliest
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Eating out is possible, Sig (or was it me) mentioned Thai. There's a good Thai restaurant here in Murfreesboro. Or we can go wherever.

A potluck here is also possible. There's a nice grille on the patio that doesn't get used enough...

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Journye

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leonato and I would like that as well. It would be nice to meet other fellow furs =^.^=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I talked to Nicolai today and the get together will be a potluck BBQ at his place. The idea is that if you want something other than kosher hot dogs bring it yourself. Depending on how we're doing for cash Patty and I will try and get some good hamburger meat.

If you want to talk to me about it in further detail send me a PM. Contact any furs you know in the area we want this to be as big as possible.

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can PM me as well. You will need to at some point for the address and directions. All three of the major map sites will send you on a trip that's a tour of the neighborhood, if you'd prefer that.

What Sig didn't state clearly was that, in addition to a potluck dish to share, if you want meat other than kosher hot dogs, would you please bring that. We have a good grill that doesn't get used enough, and it will be available for everyone to use. Depending on how the budget shakes out then, we might be able to provide a little more. Won't know until a week or so before, though.

My wife and I are looking forward to this. Very Happy Very Happy

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooo sounds FUN! Good luck you crazy furs--give my regards to everyone. I'd sure love to go, but I'm out here in Southern California...
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be happy to pick up you (and your family) at the airport, Teric. Cool

I can take you back for your return flight, too.

You will have to handle the tickets though... Razz

Nicolai

Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look to see what my schedule will be like at the time. It's POSSIBLE that Doris & I could maybe perhaps make it. Nashville's a healthy drive from Greenwood, but we did it summer before last to attend a similar meeting. Camped in the back of her pickup truck in somebody's front yard. Very Happy

I'd LOVE to meet up with all you excellent furs.

Journye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo and I really are looking forward to getting to meet everyone.

Nicolai I'll get Leo to send you a PM about directions and such if thats alright.
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be wonderful, Concolor. Cool Knowing about it this far out makes planning a lot easier, I know. I've got my fingers crossed (and toes, and eyes) that you'll be able to make it. If the price of gas doesn't bankrupt us all by then. My truck is a diesel, and that is making gas look cheap right now. Sad

Journye, no problem at all with Leo PM'ing me. That's what I told everyone to do, if they're coming.

Guess I'll have to put together some sort of boilerplate message with the directions. Easy to do, consider it done.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Very Happy

Nicolai

PrincessB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What timeage are we looking at?
I just got something scheduled for that day around noon to 2-3pm up in White House, TN but if we're going for afternoon/evening then once all is cleaned up at the first gathering and such then I will be free to run down there and join everyone.

Are we aiming for lunch or supper area? Lunch then IT and I are out, supper then we could be there. I really don't want to back out of either! lol

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PrincessB,

Nothing has been discussed about timing. As an initial guess, I would say things will begin early afternoon and continue as long as furs wish to stay.

So show up when you can and stay as long as you like. Since the grill is gas, it can be started up at any time. Or restarted, for that matter.

We have almost 3/4 acre, so there is plenty of room in the back yard if anyone would like to set up a tent and spend the night.

Nicolai

Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well don't forget Nicolai that Patty and I probably won't be awake until about 3 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: