Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Furries and Pets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would Furries have pet animals ?
Furries need no pets
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Similar to our world (mostly Cats & Dogs)
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Lots of different ones
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 22

Rava

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sighs* Considering Feral cats have existed for centries even before keeping cats as house pets became common I dont see how you guys can't consider Cats a wild animal. You obviously haven't had to take care of a feral cat.

Cats born in the wild instinctively don't trust humans. Australia has a huge problem with them. I can see certain breeds not existing and so on but then that just takes the fun out of being furry.

Keeping cats around was not popular in Europe until the Black death swept through. Even then they were working animals that normally werent fed or cared for. I'd hardly call that domestication.
Desmodus1862

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming dozens of species on a planet evolved into sentiency at the same time, are remarkebly similar to earth species, have common languages etc..
I would assume that they would have pets and that they would be quite diverse.
Just my opinion.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rava wrote:
*sighs*
I can see certain breeds not existing and so on but then that just takes the fun out of being furry.

Keeping cats around was not popular in Europe until the Black death swept through. Even then they were working animals that normally werent fed or cared for. I'd hardly call that domestication.

Maybe the breeding by humans applies much more to dogs than cats. I don't really know enough about this.

I don't want to take the fun out of it.
I'm trying to find out how things could work "realistically" in a furry world. When that gets in the way of a good story or character I have no problem saying "What the heck, let's do it like that anyway." Wink

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why couldn't Furries keep pets? Makes sense to me, if you think about it. Humans domesticated canines to help them with hunting and the like, so why wouldn't a Furry do the same? Circumstances are probably similar enough and the feral animals are there...

More importantly, I like the idea of "Furry Knights in shiny armor" which is a little hard to do without domesticated horses and other riding animals...

Sorry, I just had to throw my 2 cents' worth into the ring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: