Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

54 Starts here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHLawrence wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:
Plans, yes. And yes, they'll still stay in The Story's storyline. When and if I get the chance to do their own Story, I wish I could say.

A separate timeline with links back and forth between the two stories would probably work as a compromise. And I think I speak for most of those assembled when I say that the two of them having their own story would probably eclipse the popularity of the main characters! Smile

Heck dude, that's already happened! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mwalimu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
There were two C&C stories out there for a while by other authors. (...) On Location by Mwalimu has been inactive for a bit due to RL for him. That story however has not been abandoned just slowed.

I've completed the first draft of the next chapter; but I need to get some on the next couple of chapters done in case I need to reshuffle any events before I can declare it done.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zuesek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
More between Chapters 51 and 52, after Clarence is showing more of his self-confidence beginning to build and after their slight encounter in the garage on Thanksgiving day Smile

Cool. I've saved all the stories I've read so far on my computer, so I was curious. I was expecting to see another link to the C&C Chapter somewhere during a SOtS Chapter, like you did with the first C&C Chapter. I liked that. But when I read Chapter 54 it was obvious that it was sometime in the past.

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Plans, yes. And yes, they'll still stay in The Story's storyline. When and if I get the chance to do their own Story, I wish I could say.

That's cool. I only ask because you listed the C&C story with Tabitha and SOtS.
Zuesek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
Mike Regan wrote:
There were two C&C stories out there for a while by other authors. (...) On Location by Mwalimu has been inactive for a bit due to RL for him. That story however has not been abandoned just slowed.

I've completed the first draft of the next chapter; but I need to get some on the next couple of chapters done in case I need to reshuffle any events before I can declare it done.

I'm actually going to start reading On Location tonight. I'm looking forward to it. Very Happy
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuesek wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:
More between Chapters 51 and 52, after Clarence is showing more of his self-confidence beginning to build and after their slight encounter in the garage on Thanksgiving day Smile

Cool. I've saved all the stories I've read so far on my computer, so I was curious.

Really?? Wow, thank you!

Quote:
I was expecting to see another link to the C&C Chapter somewhere during a SOtS Chapter, like you did with the first C&C Chapter. I liked that. But when I read Chapter 54 it was obvious that it was sometime in the past.

Thanks, I liked doing that, too. I know one guy here who discovered the link after he printed it out, was reading it before church started, raced home after he saw the hyperlink printed out to get it and still managed to get back in time, read it, then get to church on time Smile

I didn't put a link to Will You this time because I wanted to do a Clarence and Cindy story strictly as its own entity. The only reason I put A Midsummer Romance in there as well was so that section didn't look so empty with only the one Story in it.

ChrisFoxx wrote:

That's cool. I only ask because you listed the C&C story with Tabitha and SOtS.[/quote]

Yep, they DO have plans to emerge on their own! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been slacking lately on some but I have saved most stories I've read on my HD too (never know when a site will be offline for a while Wink ).
DHLawrence

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I save the Raccoon's Bookshelf version to mine. I've got Sabrina, Tabitha, A Fox's Tale, Gone Wylde, Jumping to Conclusions, and many others saved to my hard drive. Very helpful when visiting my net-less grandparents!
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if only we could find some AFFORDABLE ebook readers on the market instead of those $300+ ones... something more like $30 or less.
Zuesek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Really?? Wow, thank you!

Yup. Mainly because I noticed some talented writers let their personal sites die off. Kind of disturbed me, but luckily the Raccoon Bookshelf had them. And when ZZ Studios had some down time a month or two ago, I honestly thought James let his site go and the stories were gone. As soon as his site came back up, I saved all the chapters. I just figure they're definitely worth saving.

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Thanks, I liked doing that, too. I know one guy here who discovered the link after he printed it out, was reading it before church started, raced home after he saw the hyperlink printed out to get it and still managed to get back in time, read it, then get to church on time Smile

I didn't put a link to Will You this time because I wanted to do a Clarence and Cindy story strictly as its own entity. The only reason I put A Midsummer Romance in there as well was so that section didn't look so empty with only the one Story in it.

That makes sense. Do you still plan on finishing the Tabitha Story? Seems to me that it really only needs a couple more chapters to finish that excellent story off. I mean, we all pretty much know, based on SOtS, how things work out in the end. Do you and James Bruner still stay in contact?

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Cool! Glad to know you're still aiming that high. I was afraid you'd lost interest in the stories and were only working on SOtS when you have time. Awesome to see regular chapter updates!
Zuesek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHLawrence wrote:
I save the Raccoon's Bookshelf version to mine. I've got Sabrina, Tabitha, A Fox's Tale, Gone Wylde, Jumping to Conclusions, and many others saved to my hard drive. Very helpful when visiting my net-less grandparents!

Is Jumping to Conclusions a good one? I haven't read that story yet, can you give me a quick summery? Minus the spoilers, of course. Razz
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumping to Conclusions is written by your's truly, and everyone who's commented on it have only said good things I shall give you the same teaser I gave when I first released it:

Clarence is in the hospital fighting for his life Crying or Very sad

One of the Clique is to blame Shocked

No, it wasn't an accident Twisted Evil

If you are up on ZZtS please feel free to check out my other fanfic A Two Way Street.

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
Now if only we could find some AFFORDABLE ebook readers on the market instead of those $300+ ones... something more like $30 or less.

Well I understand you can torr -- er, get backup copies -- of those Cool
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuesek wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:
Really?? Wow, thank you!

Yup. Mainly because I noticed some talented writers let their personal sites die off. Kind of disturbed me, but luckily the Raccoon Bookshelf had them. And when ZZ Studios had some down time a month or two ago, I honestly thought James let his site go and the stories were gone. As soon as his site came back up, I saved all the chapters. I just figure they're definitely worth saving.

Well, be sure to let him know!

Believe it or not, James DOES have a PF account. Not sure when the last time was he was on, but he does have one.

ChrisFoxx wrote:

That makes sense. Do you still plan on finishing the Tabitha Story? Seems to me that it really only needs a couple more chapters to finish that excellent story off. I mean, we all pretty much know, based on SOtS, how things work out in the end.[/quote]

Absolutely Tabitha 's gonna get finished, you betcha! I can't let yunz guys keep on hanging!

I feel awful that I have, hopefully that'll come to a stop really fast and we'll be back to work on that one, too!

And you're right, I'm thinking 2 chapters and the Story'll be done.

Quote:
Do you and James Bruner still stay in contact?

Barely at all. We used to be as thick as thieves. Later on, James had some personal life issues he had to deal with, which I won't go into, some of you already know. His name doesn't appear on the last couple of chapters because either he never got back to me or he told me there was nothing he could do to make them better than they were. I had to disagree myself, James' contribution to Tabitha has taken that Story into areas I'd never have thought of. I've said before I can't write Tabitha without him, and I still stand by that statement. He's a terrific writer and a terrific guy.

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Cool! Glad to know you're still aiming that high. I was afraid you'd lost interest in the stories and were only working on SOtS when you have time. [/quote]

You were half-right. Lost interest, never! Working on Sabrina (so to speak) when I have the time, oh yeah. That and there really is an intimidation factor between a writer and his keyboard sometimes, especially when he gets writer's block and can't clear it. Now it was Racky who came to the rescue; so far as it stands, when you read Chapter 55 soon, you'll be reading mostly his words. Mine're coming back, but he's been a lifesaver.

Quote:
Awesome to see regular chapter updates!

Thanks! I'm tired of disappointing you guys, the guys who've stuck by me and The Story through thick and thin, and you deserve it, AND more!
BondoFox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuesek wrote:
DHLawrence wrote:

Is Jumping to Conclusions a good one? I haven't read that story yet, can you give me a quick summery? Minus the spoilers, of course. Razz

I can vouch for something happening to Susan that caught my attention Cool

But it IS a good read!

BondoFox
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuesek wrote:
DHLawrence wrote:

I'm behind on it, but I'll say this -- it took me by surprise when Styx sent me the original drafts for my perusal!

This is also when Sharon Skunk makes her debut. I had to think twice about that, I always kind of thought of Sharon Skunk and Angel Collie as the Mrs. Columbo's of The Story; you knew they were there, they got talked about, but you'd never see them. Well as we all know, there was a point where Angel got forced out of the woodwork when Chris brought Sabrina over for dinner -- if I weren't updating weekly back then, I probably would've kept it that way, but I had no time for clever writing back then, I only gave myself a week to come up with grand content then. I'm glad I did though, people get an idea of just how devoted to her Dexter is Smile

Sharon, I almost have to concede that bringing her out in a side-story was the best way to do it. Now readers have a concept of her, which Racky built upon and married it to my own, and gave her a place in The Story that brought her out into the open as well.

Overall, when you read Jumping to Conclusions , you'll like what you see Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: