Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

54 Starts here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bows...

Well people we still want to see if you can tell what bits where who's work, so write in.

I think as it seems to be harder than i thought it was we write well together. Wink

Yes only 2 weeks should do it theres already a good amount from yours truly written so its down to my mentor to cut it up and use what he needs and write more of the things you come to expect from a SOLtS chapter

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
tobi3B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really fantastic Christmas chapter I must say.
And to Sharon in this chapter she reminds me of my own mother same years back.
And yes she know all what I’ve done like Sharon know all about Clarence.
I find her character is really good pictured.
I can’t wait for the next chapter and the big eyes of Sabrina when Cindy is showing off her Christmas present Wink

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Teric

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wha-huh?!?!

WOA you threw me for a LOOP there, guys! I knew that Clarence was going to propose some day, but I had no idea that he had built up the guts to do it already. Way to keep me guessing!

And yes, the interchange between C&C was very sweet. Ellen seemed to jump right in as soon as she knew; it was as if she had adopted Clare on the spot, and became his protective second mother. And, much like all protective mothers, she just had to do what she could to help him out, going as far as calling Clare's mother to soften the blow.

Very interesting to see Sharon's reaction. Not quite what I expected; I knew she would have to soften some day and release her iron grip on Clarence, but I thought it would come over time (again, I wasn't expecting the proposal yet, either). It was good to finally see her other side, a bit of tenderness and love instead of rules and manipulations.

I thought Sabrina didn't like shopping for clothes...? Maybe her time at StrongArm and Zig's influence has changed that a bit. But yes, I've totally been there, watching the wife try on this & that... & this... & that... & etc.

C'mon, let's see what the gifts are!

Zuesek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! New guy here. Been meaning to join the forum for a while now, since the urge to brown nose was getting stronger with each passing chapter.

Just got done reading Chapter 54 and that was all it took to get me registered.

It was a GREAT Chapter! Excellent work as usual Chris (and Racky). It was a very significant part of the story and it was very well done. I especially love how you did the Clarence proposing to Cindy portion. I didn't see it coming at all! Took me by complete surprise. I had to read that sentence 4 or 5 times, and the paragraph before it, before I could continue on. I'm glad you didn't drag that plot line out for a couple chapters, driving all of us mad waiting for Clarence to finally pop the question. You did it just great. This is a very special Chapter as a result, imho.

Great work and I eagerly look forward to the next. Very Happy
Kristie_Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cheers on Chriss* Very Happy
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobi3B wrote:
A really fantastic Christmas chapter I must say.

Than'keeew!

Quote:
And to Sharon in this chapter she reminds me of my own mother same years back.
And yes she know all what I’ve done like Sharon know all about Clarence.

As the saying goes, "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool Mom!" Smile

Quote:
I find her character is really good pictured.

I'm glad to hear you say so, thank you! Originally I was going to treat Angel Collie and Sharon Skunk like Columbo's wife: you knew she was there and there was the occasional interaction between her and Columbo, but you never saw her. Angel sort of got pushed out onto the stage some years ago.

Sharon, though, didn't even have a name! That was Styx (correct me quick if I'm wrong, it's way early for me here!) who named her and first put her out there. As the time came close for Clarence to propose I was faced with the fact that she was going to appear, want to or not. And she'd almost have to now. Racky ran with the idea and the result is what you read, that's almost entirely his work, I just did a couple of minor tweaks Smile

Quote:
I can’t wait for the next chapter and the big eyes of Sabrina when Cindy is showing off her Christmas present Wink

We're both hoping you're gonna like it, especially Rackster Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wont necessarily be Sabrina that has the wide eyes either Wink.

Some of the material i REALLY hope to get out into he interweb quickly i have had it done before i met Chris for our holiday back in August, we sat in the hotel lobby of a Best Western (idiots) in Pittsburgh reading through the 45 pages i had written way back for chapter 53!

So thats why im quite anxious for you guys to see how i did at least.

One thing i didn't see anyone talk about is Sharron's reaction to Sabrina. I was worried you guys wouldn't like me having a few jabs at her through Sharron Wink

55 will give EVERYONE a few double takes i TRULY mean that you are in for one heck of a chapter....

CHRIS GET IT DONE M'MAN i m on needles here!!

Oh and did anyone see my Jethro Tull reference in the chapter?

Hey if Chris can i can put my own fav Tull songs in too Wink

Also the CD that Clarence plays in the car, well yes thats my favorite Electric Light Orchestra CD, its kinda a homage to Clarence and Chris when i started out reading SOLtS, i would sit in my room a angst ridden teenager (before EMO was a word) and listen to Discovery, and one song called The Diary Of Horace Wimp what the song i associated with Clarence:

Monday:
Late again, today,
He'd be in trouble though he'd say he was sorry,
He'd have to hurry out to the bus.

Tuesday:
Horace was so sad,
He'd never had a girl that he could care for
And if he was late once more, he'd be out.

CHORUS:
Don't be afraid, just knock on the door,
Well he just stood there mumblin' and fumblin'.
Then a voice from above said -
"Horace Wimp, this is your life,
Go out and find yourself a wife.
Make a stand and be a man,
And you will have a great life plan."

Wednesday:
Horace met a girl,
She was small and she was very pretty,
He thought he was in love, he was afraid.

Thursday:
Asks her for a date,
The cafe down the street tomorrow evening,
His head was reeling, when she said "Yes O.K."

CHORUS

Friday:
Horace, this is it,
He asks the girl if maybe they could marry,
When she says "gladly." Horace cries.

Sunday:
Everybody's at the church,
When Horace rushes in and says
"Now here come my wife, for the rest of my life." and she did.

CHORUS

There was another song on that album called I Need Her Love (and hence thats where the line came from in the car) oh and yes in 1999 xmas eve DID fall on a Friday Very Happy i made sure!! it was PERFECT LOL

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-

Last edited by racky raccoon on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Wha-huh?!?!

WOA you threw me for a LOOP there, guys!

Cool! Good to know we did it right! Smile

Quote:
I knew that Clarence was going to propose some day, but I had no idea that he had built up the guts to do it already. Way to keep me guessing!

I felt that would be something Clarence would do, propose on Christmas Eve. And let's face it, it was only a matter of time Smile Y'see, when you're a hopeless romantic, you want matters of the heart to move along fast, like on television. And Clarence sees it that way. Now add to that a beautiful bunny doe -- forget that, a female -- not only will go out with his but loves him to boot, and he brain shift from "courtship" to "engagement" pretty easily.

And FTR, it's been over a year, maybe 2, when I decided it'd be a Christmas Eve proposal. From then, the trick was just getting everyone there Smile

Quote:
And yes, the interchange between C&C was very sweet. Ellen seemed to jump right in as soon as she knew; it was as if she had adopted Clare on the spot, and became his protective second mother. And, much like all protective mothers, she just had to do what she could to help him out, going as far as calling Clare's mother to soften the blow.

That's fairly accurate. Way back when, a young and upcoming writer named James Bruner wrote a bit where Ellen made it clear that she approved of Clarence when she thanked him for not keeping her out late. Racky really need to answer the rest; my original rough had ended with her yelling, "Cynthia!" and helping Clarence to sit up and Cindy repeating she'd marry him. In came the Racky Bulldozer who plowed through and left fantastic writing in his wake. Smile

(that's a compliment, Racky) Wink

Quote:
Very interesting to see Sharon's reaction. Not quite what I expected; I knew she would have to soften some day and release her iron grip on Clarence, but I thought it would come over time (again, I wasn't expecting the proposal yet, either). It was good to finally see her other side, a bit of tenderness and love instead of rules and manipulations.

I knew mothers like that growing up, I never really liked going over to those friends' houses to play Wink It was hard for me later on as The Story progressed to see the needle still in the grove with Clarence being in his early 20's for Mom to still have that kind of a hold on him. Again, it was working around self-confident people, which they need to be to work in the adult entertainment business, to help bring him around.

Racky takes it from there, he wrote that, too Smile

Quote:
I thought Sabrina didn't like shopping for clothes...? Maybe her time at StrongArm and Zig's influence has changed that a bit. But yes, I've totally been there, watching the wife try on this & that... & this... & that... & etc.

Oh, she hates it. She's had to tolerate it for working at Strongarm because she pretty much had to have more than just a couple of outfits, and you can only wear a ruffled blouse and skirt so long before people would notice it's the same outfit Smile

The main reason though was to get back at Chris for his "Just 5 more minutes" watching hockey. That's from an old comedy routine, the man telling the wife, "You don't understand, that's game time!", which is true. The only way the wife can get back is to do the same thing to him shopping for clothes, "You don't understand, that's shopping time!", which, sadly, is also true Wink Those both were originally supposed to be in the same chapter, but again it had to be broken up.

Had to, really. Could you imagine Chapter 53 as being 70-80 pages long???

Quote:
C'mon, let's see what the gifts are!

I'm sorry, you'll just have to wait for Christmas Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJOTC wrote:
Hi! New guy here.

Hi, New Guy! Smile

Quote:
Been meaning to join the forum for a while now, since the urge to brown nose was getting stronger with each passing chapter.

Great!! 'bout time you got here Wink

Quote:
Just got done reading Chapter 54 and that was all it took to get me registered.

Ex-celllllent! Now you have to go back to ALL of the old threads and post Wink

Quote:
It was a GREAT Chapter! Excellent work as usual Chris (and Racky).

Than'keeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww!

Quote:
It was a very significant part of the story and it was very well done. I especially love how you did the Clarence proposing to Cindy portion. I didn't see it coming at all! Took me by complete surprise.

Yessssssssss!

Quote:
I had to read that sentence 4 or 5 times, and the paragraph before it, before I could continue on.

As long as that bit was, I thought it'd be a neat idea to put a separator in there after he proposes, just for people to read that and catch their breaths -- and to give one of my famous cliffhangers, only this one was to drive you into reading the next bit. Juuuuusssssst in case you had any fancy ideas of stopping there for the night Wink

Quote:
I'm glad you didn't drag that plot line out for a couple chapters, driving all of us mad waiting for Clarence to finally pop the question. You did it just great. This is a very special Chapter as a result, imho.

I didn't want to do that! I was thinking of some bits of people going Christmas shopping, and Clarence at one point bumping into a Clique member who asked how shopping was going, but to do that I'd have to have Clarence around or coming out of a jewelry store, and that would've blown the surprise altogether!

Quote:
Great work and I eagerly look forward to the next. Very Happy

Thanks and thanks again! And welcome again!
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristie_Kitty wrote:
*cheers on Chriss* Very Happy

Than'kew, than'kew! Smile
*waving and throwing candy to the kids as I pass*

Gotta cheer on Racky too, he moved things along quite nicely! Smile
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you were right Chris long, girthy, and the creamy filling... mmm how sweet it is! One wonders if Chris will ever ask why Wendy's sent was all over Sabrina at the party or if he'll just let it eat at him. I have to say I am very happy and honored that the two of you liked my take on Clarence's mother enough to put it into the story and pattern her personality after my story if not the events of how she comes to realize her mistakes. I had always pictured her as someone who was fanatic about raising her son as best she could and all the while loosing sight of what he truly needed, just thought saddling poor Clare with a psycho mom was a bit much for him take.

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Well you were right Chris long, girthy, and the creamy filling... mmm how sweet it is!

[insert joke here]

Quote:
One wonders if Chris will ever ask why Wendy's sent was all over Sabrina at the party or if he'll just let it eat at him.

[insert dirty joke here] Smile

Quote:
I have to say I am very happy and honored that the two of you liked my take on Clarence's mother enough to put it into the story and pattern her personality after my story if not the events of how she comes to realize her mistakes.

Well, thanks for taking the initiative, man!

From this entire area of The Sabrinaverse I've created, the spinoffs such as yours have gathered so much popularity and have stayed the course as far as characters staying in-character and crossing over so many events that I simply have to bow to the collective writing genius that's out there that I (per Fishburne at MFM-7) have apparently spawned. It's humbling, lemme tellya.

Quote:
I had always pictured her as someone who was fanatic about raising her son as best she could and all the while loosing sight of what he truly needed, just thought saddling poor Clare with a psycho mom was a bit much for him take.

Psychomom, yeah, that would've been a little OtT Smile She was just a strict young-widowed parent who loved her son and didn't pay attention to the fact that he'd grown up. Check in her attic, you may even find boxes of his art projects and worksheets he'd brought home from school over the years Smile
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know... Chris and Sabrina going shopping... reminded me of a comic strip...

http://leasticoulddo.com/comic/20050613
Not PC...

But may explain why Chris went along...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
You know... Chris and Sabrina going shopping... reminded me of a comic strip...

http://leasticoulddo.com/comic/20050613
Not PC...

But may explain why Chris went along...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Nothing PC or non-PC about it -- and I'm the most UN-PC guy you're ever gonna meet! Cool

But I'm makin' one of those contracts as soon as I get home!
Zuesek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racky raccoon wrote:
One thing i didn't see anyone talk about is Sharron's reaction to Sabrina. I was worried you guys wouldn't like me having a few jabs at her through Sharron Wink

I figured it was you who wrote the part about Sabrina and "living with a man she found on the Internet.". Laughing

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Ex-celllllent! Now you have to go back to ALL of the old threads and post Wink

So I take it that bumping extremely old threads isn't a capital offense here? Or are you setting me up for a fall?

ChrisFoxx wrote:
As long as that bit was, I thought it'd be a neat idea to put a separator in there after he proposes, just for people to read that and catch their breaths -- and to give one of my famous cliffhangers, only this one was to drive you into reading the next bit. Juuuuusssssst in case you had any fancy ideas of stopping there for the night Wink

Oh, okay. I just figured you switched things around and that you put two sections of Cindy&Clarence on top of each other. (no pun intended) I always make sure to finish the chapter before taking a break. No point in trying to remember which paragraph I left off on.

ChrisFoxx wrote:
I didn't want to do that! I was thinking of some bits of people going Christmas shopping, and Clarence at one point bumping into a Clique member who asked how shopping was going, but to do that I'd have to have Clarence around or coming out of a jewelry store, and that would've blown the surprise altogether!
Yeah, giving us no warning was definitely the way to go, imo. I mean, we all knew the Clarence would do it, but we didn't think he would be so bold so soon. It's cool to see the change in him as he takes more risks in his life.

I just hope you handle Cindy breaking the news to the Clique as well as you did Sabrina. I especially like how you wrote the way Amy Squirrel found out. Spontaneous is a pretty good choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: