Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Precious Cargo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Silver Coyote's Range
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Precious Cargo Reply with quote

This is the thread for my story called "Precious Cargo." PC is my oldest story, the first one I put on line at The Range in 2003. It's my oldest story, hence it's the one I've learned the most about writing from. Comments are welcome.

Thanks!

SC

lucky bab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Precious Cargo Reply with quote

Hey Silver Coyote!

PC is definitely my favorite story to read so far! You've stated that it was based somewhat on your personal life. This makes the story real for us non-authors. Keep up the good work...I must continue on to the next vibrant chapters of the story about Annie and Joe.

Your Newest Admirer,

Lucky bab
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you dear, and welcome to Planet Furry! While you're here please look around. There's some awesome stuff to be found at PF, and you can start to find a lot of it at the following sites:
Aslaug's Axe Shed
The Tiger's Den (hosted here at PF)
The Raccoon's Bookshelf

<smiles> Yes, PC as it was originally envisioned was loosely based on my own life, but it's grown as I have matured in the hobby of writing to be something more interesting, hopefully as interesting to read as it is to write. I feel it's a little slow in starting now, but it picks up after a few chapters. If your patient it might grow on you.

Or maybe not.

In any event, welcome! Thank you for posting. Come back often and share your thoughts with us!

SC

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to PF, SC!

TM

(Geez, looks like a truck of alphabet soup jack-knifed up there, dunnit?)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh you've got your own spot, SC! Woohoo!

*cheers*

Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed this entry into the PF forums ...

Welcome to the insanity, SC. ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Karou, and thanks for dropping by The Range.

Precious Cargo, like all my stories, is suffering from my lack of attention. RL demands are quite high these days, and my writing time has been rolled back practically to non-existence. As what passes for winter settles in to soCal I may be able to get back to what I love, but right now that doesn't look like it'll happen until after the first of the year.

What's up with your stories, anyway? I cruise by your site often to see whats going on ...

Catch you later,

SC

Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying a new tactic for my writing.

Gotta beat my tendancy to switch perspectives mid sentance.

That, plus my laptop's motherboard having a meltdown has made things trying currently.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had that happen. I don't know if you saw it in my blog, but my laptop crashed some time ago. Three open-heart surgeries before I got it running again. (It didn't help that the onset of the problems was caused by my fat paw knocking over a glass of wine onto the keyboard of it ...)

As for the writing, i encourage you to keep at it when you can. That may sound strange coming from me, the guy who writes about as often as it snows in the Santa Ana Mountains, but ... don't give up. I like what you've got on line, and would like to see more.

Let me know if I can help.

Catch you later,

SC

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augh!

A chapter to read, and it seems I never read the previous 44 chapters...

Oh well... I still have a week of vacation time...

BTW: Not mentioning the new chapter here in your forum wasn't nice of you.
*takes out the water squirter*

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anthony. I guess I should get in the habit of "announcing" them as I complete the chapters. <grins> If I stay on schedule, in January of 2011 you should look for the next announcement here then.

PC starts out kind of slow and lazy. I learned what I know about writing starting this story, so it may seem a bit pedestrian in the beginning. If you're patient, you may enjoy how things unfold though. Or not ...

Oh by the way, never employ water squirting devices around one who works in the water industry around 144 inch diameter pipes and 1500 horsepower pumps ... unless, of course, you like being real wet! <winks>

Thanks again for the tip.

SC

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I didn't like getting wet, I'd never have bought my cayak.
(When you capsize in the middle of a wide fjord, you get wet... )

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have zero knowledge of cayaks. I know what they are, but the closest I've ever been to one is to help its owner get it off the roof of his car. A couple of my cousins who live in Oregon kayak rivers local to them (that's how they spell it in Oregon, I guess, with a "k"), and from the pictures that looks moderately fun, at least until you get to the part of the river with rocks in it. Then it looks painful. I gather patching and repairing ones vessel is part and parcel of kayaking rivers, they seem to spend about equal amounts of energy and time in both endeavors.

I am almost as bad vis a vi fjords. I flew over one once on my way to Germany, that was my closest and only experience. It looked pretty from 29,000 feet ...

In spite of my employer's aqueous preoccupations, I'm not much of a water fur. Oh sure, living in close proximity to the beaches of Orange County has its advantages, and I did enjoy playing with my pups in the surf when they were little. Now that they're older they go with their friends, and that's OK, 'cause now that I'm older I look more like a barrel than I do a fit fur. <shrugs>

I like mountains, and deserts, and the things that move in them. Living in the southwestern USA, I also don't have much exposure to verdant forests or endless plains of growing things, although I have seen both many times in my travels. <shrugs again>

So I'll conceed to your superior tolerance of water, especially the cold stuff. <holds up paws> Happy paddling!

SC

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the most common injury with kayaks(except for the morons messing about in whitewater) is hernias when lifting they kayak up or down off the roof of their cars.

Probably doesn't help that my car is a bit taller than most, but as it's only 20Kg, I don't have too much trouble getting it up over my head and onto the roof. (I look a bit silly, holding it up on outstretched arms as if I was weightlifter... )

As it should be evident, I don't do whitewater keyaking, and don't think too much of those who do. Particularly those who set off without a clue.
(We have 'a few' rivers where rafting and kayaking is popular here, and it seems every year during the spring, that there's a busload of forreigners in dire straits because they misjudged the waters. A river that is normally rated a '3' for difficulty can suddemly become a '5' when you add meltwater)

You get used to the cold... they say...
One year I kayaked the 'Telemark Canal'(I sometimes do stupid things when bored... )
It was a nice 100Km journey, which took two and a half day.
(Took the boat to the upper end, slept over and kayaked down)
Except...
The upper lake is just about only meltwater, fed from glaciers, so it was COLD! (And me without a wetsuit. ) With steep sides a lot of the way too, the waves were 'interesting'.

Ever gone through canal locks?
In a kayak?
It's an experience. But I only recommend it when going down.

Like my Avatar?
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mangy sneaky 'yote, nunja-ing in another chapter and not telling anyone...(* grumble, grumble*)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Silver Coyote's Range All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: