Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Chris Foxx
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Question about Chris Foxx Reply with quote

Maybe I'm just going bonkers, but I got the impression that Chris Foxx is a brown fox. But I've got others telling me he's a red fox. Which is correct? I looked up his bio on the SOtS site, but it doesn't say anything about his particular species.

If there's a reference in the story itself, could someone please point it out to me?

Thanks in advance!

mwalimu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on a quick-and-dirty glance through the galleries on Chris' Foxx Den it does appear that Chris is often drawn in a somewhat more brown shade of red than is typically used for red fox characters. This is not consistent across all artists - Mapper, for instance, portrays him with as having the usual red fox coloration.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that Chris would see this thread and respond... I haven't heard back from him on email for a while.
Teric

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pulled this from chapter 2:
Quote:
They'd described their appearances to each other; she could see every brown and white hair on his body

Brown Fox...?
/continues looking

racky raccoon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is with out doubt a brown fox

i know as he told me Wink

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Teric

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, good, got that cleared up. So if he's a brown fox, would his forearms, forelegs, and paws be brown or black?
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think most people made it black.

i cant really see in the book so far anything different. i'll be back with a definitive answer

-Mike Regan-
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about Chris Foxx Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Maybe I'm just going bonkers, but I got the impression that Chris Foxx is a brown fox. But I've got others telling me he's a red fox. Which is correct? I looked up his bio on the SOtS site, but it doesn't say anything about his particular species.

If there's a reference in the story itself, could someone please point it out to me?

Thanks in advance!

I can help that! Smile

Chris Foxx is an American brown fox with black paws and boots, black-tipped ears, white fur beneath his muzzle that extends over his chest and partway down the inside of his thighs, and a white-tipped tail. He has brown hair, green eyes, and wears glasses.

Originally he had white paws and boots, but that was a mistake I'd made when furry was new and exciting to me Smile I think the only reference to that was when he was in the tomato juice bathtub.

So who's saying I'm a red fox??

Although ... my dad in Real Life is named Elmer, and his nickname was Redd. So my trouble was in referring to him in The Story as Redd Foxx and not having anyone make Sanford and Son jokes Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Best plan here would be to get the information straight from the horses as...um I mean mouth. Rolling Eyes

Nice guy. And after I gave him a kidney Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
I was hoping that Chris would see this thread and respond... I haven't heard back from him on email for a while.

My bad (whatever that means). I think when you posted that, I was in Auburn, NY.
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Mike Regan wrote:
Best plan here would be to get the information straight from the horses as...um I mean mouth. Rolling Eyes

Nice guy. And after I gave him a kidney Razz

HEY HEY HEY Charlie, Charlie come over here Wink

(i do hope thats what you was referring too...)

-Mike Regan-
-Harley Quinn-
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about Chris Foxx Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Teric wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I can help that! Smile

Chris Foxx is an American brown fox with black paws and boots, black-tipped ears, white fur beneath his muzzle that extends over his chest and partway down the inside of his thighs, and a white-tipped tail. He has brown hair, green eyes, and wears glasses.

Aww crumbly--my new story has him with a 'brown-furred paw'. Guess I gotta go back & change that.

Originally, my 2nd pair of eyes came back to me and mentioned that he thought you were a Red Fox--that's what brought on this thread to begin with. But after re-reading some of the earlier chapters, I realized that the proper species is Brown Fox. But I didn't know that Brown Foxes still had black paws... Sad

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Question about Chris Foxx Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:
Teric wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I can help that! Smile

Aww crumbly--my new story has him with a 'brown-furred paw'. Guess I gotta go back & change that.

Originally, my 2nd pair of eyes came back to me and mentioned that he thought you were a Red Fox--that's what brought on this thread to begin with. But after re-reading some of the earlier chapters, I realized that the proper species is Brown Fox. But I didn't know that Brown Foxes still had black paws... Sad

I never met one that didn't!

Remember this is furry fandom, they could be PLAID the way some people build their characters! Very Happy
Teric

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool--Mike Regan over at the bookshelf graciously took my request to change the wording in the story.

Is fix now.

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
It's cool--Mike Regan over at the bookshelf graciously took my request to change the wording in the story.

Is fix now.

Mike's a good guy for that sorta thing, man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: