Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

By popular demand...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: By popular demand... Reply with quote

Lately, it seems as if some of my readers have taken a liking to a certain Norse grump...erhh...I mean...a certain shieldmaiden *looks over her shoulder nervously*

I admit for a long time I wondered if anyone really read those stories, and if anyone actually liked them...or liked the character. I use Aslaug's stories as a very personal outlet; something which I never tried to hide either.

She is brusque, politically extremely incorrect and she's someone I have taken a great liking to by now.

Probably for those reasons.

Someone also suggested I should write non-furry fiction at some point, and recently someone suggested a non-furry story for Aslaug and her friends and co-agents.

So...why not do as people ask? I have started work on a stand-alone for her, which has a non-furry theme, but it will be a solo-story. And I can promise you, it'll be bloodier, harsher and more gutwrenching than anything so far.

I don't know when it will be done, or if this will be in several sections. It may actually end up being a few chapters long...

I call it 'Beneath the Fur'...

Hope you'll all receive it well when it gets there...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to reading it.

I like the shieldmaiden and think she's a wonderful character, deserving of more time and stories. Kellen's story with her is very good, as well.

I've not read anything of yours yet that I haven't enjoyed, and recommended to others.

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for any story with the Shieldmaiden in it! Her presence is like icing on the cake!

A non-fursona Aslaug, you say? Hhmmm... what would her non-fursona look like? Her fursona is a blonde, but would she be a non-fur blonde.....we will have to wait and see, then.

The possibilities are endless!

Anticipating another storyline here,
Kellan

Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Concept, Filly.

Consider the foxxie interested.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bastion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two chapters of this new series, titles Beneath The Fur, are now up. The subsequent chapters can be found under Writings -> A Little Nothing series -> Beneath The Fur.

My groovy death metal band, Prevail
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bastion wrote:
The first two chapters of this new series, titles Beneath The Fur, are now up. The subsequent chapters can be found under Writings -> A Little Nothing series -> Beneath The Fur.

Thanks Bastion!

Something new to read .. and comment on!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, since I'm stuck here at the barn sick with a bad cold, I had nothing to do this morning except read Beneath the Fur.

This is some outstanding writing! The filly out of her element but not really...a great storyline!

And the bad guy...he sounds like a pretty bad dude!

Looking forward (patiently) to more...

Kellan

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I missed this announcement the other day, but I found the story when looking for this week's T3 chapters. Nice start, How many chapters can we expect this to take?

EDIT: ok, went back to the first post and saw perhaps a few chapters.

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm-

Still waiting for the last two chapters....

I'm dying to comment! Cool

Patiently waiting for BtF 3 & 4,

Kellan

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did ask Bastion to post them on my birthday, which was this past sunday but I guess he forgot or he was out of the house or something. I haven't seen him online since so I can't remind him Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bastion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
I did ask Bastion to post them on my birthday, which was this past sunday but I guess he forgot or he was out of the house or something. I haven't seen him online since so I can't remind him Wink

Hey no fair! Wink I only received them this evening. However the Word-document of chapter 3 is corrupt, so I can't post it. Chapter 4 is okay, though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bastion wrote:
Aslaug wrote:

Hey no fair! Wink I only received them this evening. However the Word-document of chapter 3 is corrupt, so I can't post it. Chapter 4 is okay, though.

Well, I would say "Thank You Micro$oft!". Never have that problem with OpenOffice.

Hhmmm-

Micro$oft=$$$=Troubles like this.
OpenOffice=free=not so troublesome.

I know that OO has some limitations that prevent people from totally turning to it but I have dumped M$ as much as possible.

Hope you two get this cleared up soon. I'm dying to comment! Cool

Kellan

bastion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellan Meig'h wrote:
Well, I would say "Thank You Micro$oft!". Never have that problem with OpenOffice.

I knows, but OO couldn't open the document either. "General Input/Output Failure" <- Great errormessage d'oh! #Cussing out

Kellan Meig'h wrote:
I know that OO has some limitations that prevent people from totally turning to it but I have dumped M$ as much as possible.

So had I, until the company that I worked for, gave me a free copy of Office2007 under their license. It's reeeeally neat and works alright most of the time. However, you can't beat the price and freedom of OO.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the last two chapters are posted now Smile So those who feel like it can go and read and those who feel like commenting after that can do so as well...
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Comments Reply with quote

My comments-

The Crusades were a bleak time for Christianity as a whole. Religious leaders using God's name to kill and plunder entire lands. It was just a travesty.

This shows how things can be mis-read and used for one's own purposes. Also a point not to send a rookie on a serious mission. Convert the filly? That would never happen from what I can see.

As far as Aslaug deceiving herself about Heathens judging themselves-that is part of the Heathen religion. the angel was trying to fit his viewpoint to her situation. He could not see it from her viewpoint.

Now, as far as the filly fitting in? That might be possible, maybe. She could fit it if she wanted to (like a certain huge blond male fur I know) but it takes time. I think her short time in that world has not been taken into account by her friends. They need to give her a chance to fit in.

And now the filly has her way out to go her deserved rest. I just don't see her leaving for a long, long time. She has some new responsibilities to take care of now.

A good story, all in all. I will be waiting for the filly's next adventure!

Kellan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: