Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Art Work
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Amazing! Great pic!
Bearion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirrel, you have a powerful gift to capture the feelings in the subject. That the subject is someone we vicariously feel deeply about and is suffering makes it painful to view.

The "picture in my head" of Sabrina is forever changed. Not at all in a bad way, but enhanced and expanded instead.

Someday I will reread Tabitha the story. Not today, not soon, but I will and it will carry a deeper message for me. I think it will for everyone.

Thank you for sharing.

Bearion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mapper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuddo's Cirrel I'd have to say that and the other pic which I can't find anymore were most powerful. After reading Chapt 6 I was hurting, then I stumbled across those pics and did a nose dive. The detail and emotion are overwhelming. Outstanding Job!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will all have to re-read it when Chris finally gives us another chapter. *Nudge, nudge, wink, wink*

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:
I think we will all have to re-read it when Chris finally gives us another chapter. *Nudge, nudge, wink, wink*

::weak smile:: Well, it's being written ... I'm stuck in a corner, working my way out, clawing my way out ...

God, I hate it when this happens ...

C!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:

I saw the B/W version of this pic before and it was hard enough. Now that Chris has the colored version posted; let's just say I'm glad I don't have to try to talk right now.

Now you know how I feel .......

Chris
Cirrel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recieved one-time permission from both Chris and Eric Schwartz to offer a matted, full-sized (8x10), hi-resoluition print of the colored 'Tabitha 6 - Sabrina's Last Love' picture at the AnthroCon Charity Auction. All posted versions have been low resolution.

I'm not really sure how it will be recieved (not being a cheerful pic you'ld normally want to hang on a wall), but I like the idea of something good (a contribution to a charity) coming out of tragedy - even if it's fictional tragedy.

Cirrel
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling that Chris is going to win this auction no matter what. But...

...what's the bidding going to start at?

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a donation, it's the Charity Auction's responsibility to set an opening bid, but I seem to recall from last year that most opening bids for artwork of this type started at $25.

Cirrel
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
I get the feeling that Chris is going to win this auction no matter what. But...

Lemme tell you what, if I were going to be at AC, I would certainly give any bidder a run for their money! Heck, they're 2/3 my characters, and my wife, fur cryin' out loud!

Do me a favor, let me know what the winning bid was. And if it doesn't sell, contact me immediately via email.

Chris
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Jbird wrote:

Lemme tell you what, if I were going to be at AC, I would certainly give any bidder a run for their money! Heck, they're 2/3 my characters, and my wife, fur cryin' out loud!

Do me a favor, let me know what the winning bid was. And if it doesn't sell, contact me immediately via email.

Chris

I will do so.

Mapper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirrel wrote:
I've recieved one-time permission from both Chris and Eric Schwartz to offer a matted, full-sized (8x10), hi-resoluition print of the colored 'Tabitha 6 - Sabrina's Last Love' picture at the AnthroCon Charity Auction. All posted versions have been low resolution.

I'm not really sure how it will be recieved (not being a cheerful pic you'ld normally want to hang on a wall), but I like the idea of something good (a contribution to a charity) coming out of tragedy - even if it's fictional tragedy.

Cirrel

Well its a one of a kind and i think it will draw big. Imho =)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cirrel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the posting of chapter 12, I decided to read all of Tabitha again. Chapter six still gets to me and I had one more picture in my mind. An older Chris sitting in front of the Vid screen after he's re-lived Sabrina's death. Not too many furs do pics of older furs, and neither do I, so this was different for me too.
Anyway, this is just a preliminary drawing.

http://www.wilderhom.com/original/missyou02.jpg

What surprized me is that it took only 45 minutes to do, but even though powerful pics seem to come faster for me, I can't keep at it too long. It hurts. I have some ideas about shading & coloring, but later. Now to listen to something upbeat to lighten the mood.

Cirrel - who's hoping there will be a happy picture at the end of the story.

[Edit] The picture has been updated to the newer version.]

Last edited by Cirrel on Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mapper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats looking real good Cirrel.
I understand doing powerfully emotion charged pics do take a toll after a bit and yours have been most powerful in that respect.
I hope too that there will be a happy ending.
Keep up the awesome work Cirrel.

Av by GreyCat
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work Cirrel maybe you could work on an upbeat pic as well um maybe one of IR offering Sabby some coffee (with somefur in the background telling her not to ask for cream Wink )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: