Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comments on your writings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcmack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Aslaug, I have been working my way through many of the stories here on the PF site and having seen yours mentioned many times I started reading Transitions a couple of days ago and have finished part one. I just have to say, WOW, excellent work. I have greatly enjoyed the story line to date and am now looking forward to starting on part two. One thing I am wondering is, would you suggest immediately starting on the second part of Transitions or would you suggest one of your other stories first before continuing on?

After reading that Jean is a character based on your own trials in life I must also say that you are a impressive person.

D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of us who've had the joy of reading her stories and actually been able to talk to her via e-mail and im. Have found our favorite filly to be wonderful person in RL to know. I my self would like to meet her in person one day who knows what the future may bring.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you DF...I appreciate that Smile

And welcome to my corner of PF, Kcmack. I seem to be attracting a good few new readers lately, and I am very happy that this is the case. It's refreshing to get new commenters.

Now...to answer your question. There are two ways to go about it. If you've finished Transitions, I would NORMALLY say that the best idea would be to read Amat Victoria Curam next. That is, after all, the story of the movie they make down in Virginia. However, it isn't -necessary- to read it. You can bypass it and go straight to Transitions II if you wish, but some of the comments made by various characters in Transitions II (and now in Transitions III as well) may be lost on you in that case.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kcmack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Aslaug for the tip. By the way, I enjoyed your thoughts on debate in the public sphere. I myself have found that there are three things that I cannot in good conscious bring up in conversation with others living in the mid-west of the United States. These are politics, religion, and professional wrestling.
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Wrestling?
Do I even want to hazard a guess as to why that 'sport' is a topic to be avoided?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karou WindStalker wrote:
Pro Wrestling?
Do I even want to hazard a guess as to why that 'sport' is a topic to be avoided?

I have relatives in SE Oklahoma. Believe me, kcmack is correct. With my family, all three fall into the "Don't Go There" category.

Especially Pro Wrestling. Don't ever suggest to them it's fake..... Rolling Eyes

Kellan

Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even when you can point out that there were three 'Ultimat Warriors'?

Oy .. spare me the irony.

I bet these are the same sort of folks who believe that everything that happens on a 'Reality' TV show is what really happens.. not what the editors want us to think has happened. =P

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
Thank you DF...I appreciate that Smile

And welcome to my corner of PF, Kcmack. I seem to be attracting a good few new readers lately, and I am very happy that this is the case. It's refreshing to get new commenters.

Now...to answer your question. There are two ways to go about it. If you've finished Transitions, I would NORMALLY say that the best idea would be to read Amat Victoria Curam next. That is, after all, the story of the movie they make down in Virginia. However, it isn't -necessary- to read it. You can bypass it and go straight to Transitions II if you wish, but some of the comments made by various characters in Transitions II (and now in Transitions III as well) may be lost on you in that case.

I agree with the filly-

Transitions, AVC, T2 then T3. I feel it makes more sense that way.

The hardest part of reading the filly's works is fighting the urge to print it out. My stablemate would blow her stack at the thought of unknown thousands of pages going through the printer. Even at draft quality. Exclamation

"Honest honey, I had no idea it would be that many pages"

Patiently awaiting the next chapter of T3,

Kellan

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if you bring up the fake "Pro" wresting with your friends, there will be some real wresting... Wink
kcmack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the easiest way to have a lot of the web stories portable is to get a handheld PDA of some type and to then copy them onto a format it can use. I have a palm treo cell phone and I keep e-books and such on it. For Transitions and AVC so far I transferred them to a word document and loaded them onto my phone so I don't have to sit at the PC all the time. It also is a good way to sneak a book into work Wink .
Valaina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*mutters something about equines and felines and canids oh my and reminds everyone that they forgot the small, prickly member of the gang*

Good to see new readers to Milady Filly's writings. VERY good. Just sat down and read through Transitions 1 again start to finish today (literally just finished chapter 80), and it still brings tears to my eyes and makes me want to hop on a plane and hug our author to bits. I have met her prior to writing this, and she's a wonderful, warm-hearted and courageous soul, who I am ever proud to call my friend.

(And before you throw up your paws in protest about being called courageous and start muttering about survival, dear, remember, it is -infinitely- courageous to battle for your own physical and emotional survival when the easier option is to do nothing. I will -always- salute you for that.)

Anyway.... welcome to the forum, and enjoy the emotional rollercoaster of Aslaug's writings!

~Vala

Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Vala, it's the adorably prickly hedgehog. ^_^

How's the munchkin hanging in?

Valaina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munchkin is doing well, thankyou for asking! She has gained height and weight since the hospital and is more settled than I've ever seen her. Big munchkin, on the other hand, has entered that phase of childhood where -every- word that comes out of his mouth has a whiny pitch to it.

*takes deep breaths and smiles a little -too- calmly*

Now, what was the parent's mantra again? Ahh yes....

*grits her teeth and recites "I love my kids" through them repeatedly*

Teric

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/would pat Val on the back if he weren't in danger of getting his fingers skewered

I've got three kids of my own, Valaina, and I've repeated that mantra over and over and over... Smile

Although the good times with your children more than make up for the whining, crying, and skinned knees. Just this morning, I was out on the driveway playing catch with my 2-year-old son. He rolled the ball down the driveway to me, and I rolled it back up to him. We did that for probably fifteen minutes straight before my wife came home with the car so I could leave for work.

Good times with children to be treasured...

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vala dear, that's the mantra for before bedtime. After the little pups have gone to bed my personal mantra rapidly devolves to "Where's the whiskey?"

<giggles>

Teasing... I think.

SC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: