Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comments on your writings
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Comments on your writings Reply with quote

Well...

You did say to come by and post a comment or two so I'll honor that request.

I have enjoyed every moment of Transitions 1, 2 and AVC. If there ever was inspired writing, I have seen inspiration in yours.

AVC deserves to be made into a feature length film. I was moved to tears by your portrayal to Enid's last stand. Well, I did use up a lot of tissues in general during the read.

As an old warhorse myself, I was certainly moved by Colton Twain's perserverance in recovery after the loss of his leg. I also know the pain of loss in combat, too. sounds like you may have been there yourself.

The 2 Gabrielles at the wedding was classic. And yes, a parent knows their children so I'm sure Roxanne knew as soon as she saw her son that something was up.

Thanks for writing these wonderful stories.

Kellan
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness gracious, another equine!!

There are waaay too few of us around. I'm surrounded by felines here, y'know...and the occasional wolf or other canid. So it's good to see you here. Welcome indeed, and I hope you will stay and take active part in the week-to-week talk as the chapters are posted.

After all, I still put up a chapter a week Smile Or rather, my good friend Bastion does so for me, since I'm a complete computer illiterate.

And thank you for calling my writing 'inspired'. That is high praise indeed, and I take it as such.

Regarding your specific comments:

I am very glad you liked AVC so much. I think story-wise, it's the best I've done and I would love to see it made into a movie one day...though I hold no illusions along those lines. It's a great dream, though. Enid's last stand is meant to evoke the strongest emotions. Her death, Vipsania's death...

Speaking of Colton's recovery and his fierceness in doing so, you ask if I've been in such a situation myself. I haven't. For a very simple reason...you see, Jean LeBrun is based on myself to a large extent. Gabrielle has some of the attitude I display these days but Jean's story in Transitions I (except for the Lance Gulo story-line) is pretty much -my- story. I got the idea to write Transitions when I was hospitalized and recovering. So no, his experience is not based on my own. It's based on my sense of right and wrong.

The two Gabbies at the wedding was a classic situation, indeed...but only one person seemed to have guessed it in advance Very Happy I had fun building up to that.

I hope you will continue to read, and stick around for Transitions III and IV as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
My goodness gracious, another equine!!

There are waaay too few of us around. I'm surrounded by felines here, y'know...and the occasional wolf or other canid. ...

Hmmm, Horses and barn cats and ranch dogs, and coyotes. Seems like a perfectly reasonable mix of company to me.

*BIG tiger grin* Welcome, Kellan. Enjoy the read, and please join us and join in for the continuing adventure that reading the Filly's wonderful writing has become.

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teric

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here here! Welcome aboard Kellan--I hope you enjoy the filly's stories as much as I have.
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the scrum, Kellan. ^_^

Now, enough horsing around, I hope that you stick around to comment on the rest of the filly's works as she releases them. ^.~

Hmmm .. species .. Canine, Vulpine, Equine, Musteline, Feline, plus the odd scattering of fantasy species .. got a good mix here, I'd say.. Then you include the rest of the forum.. ~.^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks to all for welcoming this old warhorse to this corner of PlanetFurry. I will be sticking around as long as Aslaug keeps writing good stuff to read.

And to Aslaug-

Yes-another equine. I have always felt most closely related to them. In fact I just went riding last weekend! Just can't get enough of the noble beasts.

As to what I suggested about Colton-

I have been there in that situation. I didn't lose a limb but I did have to learn to walk all over again after falling off of a F4-D Phantom II wing. I fractured multiple vertebrae and severely bruised my spinal cord. I was taken back to those days in the hospital at Lackland AFB when I was told I would be a paraplegic at best. I showed them wrong by being back on my feet in 10 weeks and on the flightline again. I did it all on pure adrenalin, just like Colton. In fact, I think I had to give them 5 miles on a treadmill, too. I remember it was one of the most brutal things I have ever done.

A question- To get my 'reading ear' tuned in just right, The male form of Jean is pronounced with a soft 'J' with a little bit of 'Z' to it. It sounds like the name 'John' but with that soft 'J'? The female form sounds like the word 'gene'?

Does this make any sense or is it late and time to turn off the 'puter??

Good night all!
Kellan

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Aslaug! And everyone else.

I have just discovered your stories, and have managed to finish Transitions I. Very Happy

Thank you, Aslaug, for a wonderful story and beautiful writing. I will be a regular reader from now on, and I will post when I have something to say, not just to be heard. So, not too often.

Jean is a fascinating character, and you having said that she is based on your own experiences, all I can say is that you are an amazing fur. Congratulations on making a good life from such beginnings. You have my utmost respect.

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote

Kellan Meig'h wrote:
A question- To get my 'reading ear' tuned in just right, The male form of Jean is pronounced with a soft 'J' with a little bit of 'Z' to it. It sounds like the name 'John' but with that soft 'J'? The female form sounds like the word 'gene'?

Yep, that's exactly right. Jean's parents are French and in France, 'Jean' is a boy's name. Pronounced with the soft Z sound. Like Zh actually ... not unlike a slightly harder version of the SH in 'shoe'.

And to Nicholai...welcome to this forum as well. I am very glad to see more people joining this forum lately. It is important to me to see debate and life on these forums, since it's the best indicator of the quality of my writing Smile

So...welcome and I hope you'll stick around after getting through AVC and Transitions II too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post-scriptum-addendum-thingy-wossyname...

Where did you two hear of my stories, incidentally? I'm interested in knowing how people have come to know if what I create.
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Aslaug!

I found your stories from Tigermark's site, followed a link from there. I have been reading his stories as well, and enjoying them immensely. Very Happy When I found that A Little Nothing was a round-robin, I started investigating the other authors, and here I am. I have no intention of leaving. I will be reading AVC and Transitions II in the near future.

Since I am attending MFM this weekend Smile , I am having to put in extra hours at work to get the time off. Sad Severely restricts my reading time. *NO FAIR* But then again, no fur has ever said that life is fair.

Nicolai (no 'h')

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Err...Uummm...Hhmmm.... Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
Post-scriptum-addendum-thingy-wossyname...

Where did you two hear of my stories, incidentally? I'm interested in knowing how people have come to know if what I create.

Aslaug-

I think I found your stories through Cirrel's site. He has a link to your PlanetFurry forum.

BTW, I would like to see Cirrel do the 2 Gabbys at the wedding as a drawing. Rafe will never hear the end of that!! XD

Kellan

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention that, Kellen, I asked him to do that exact drawing a while ago but he's not had time to do so Smile
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I found the dear filly's written works through Tigermark's Den, which I found through James Bruner's ZZtS pages. ^_^

I happen to be a voracious reader .. having read all of ZZtS in one day. Shocked

I've repeated that performance with Transitions 1, AVC and what there is of Transitions 2.. Shocked

I'm eagerly looking forward to reading Transitions 3 and whatever else our dear filly finds in her heart to grace us with. ^_~

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicolai, and any others who might be interested, I'll be at MFM this weekend, too. Look me up, I'll usually be hanging around the garden court somewhere, or around perusing the Dealer's Den. I'll be teh guy wearing tiger camo pants, with silver/brown hair. (yep, snow on the roof, but not covered yet, lol)

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could be there, Tiger.

Not likely going to make any 'cons until next year. Crying or Very sad

Financial issues, for the most part, though making sure my marriage and house stay in one piece is the main reason. ^_^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: