Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good News/Bad News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
I just found out from Chris that we've been writing divergent plots for the Tabitha story. I think the best way to fix things is to edit out most of what I've written and re-post the chapters.

No we weren't. Just a miscommunication (probably my fault). What's up there stays up there; it's gospel, man! Smile

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised!

Turns out I was way off. I had a different conception of Brunner Effect that James did. So disregard what I said earlier; James was right, I was wrong.

Resume your reading Smile

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hortmage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVDAVE wrote:
Laughing Yes this was well worth the wait, Tabitha snages Sabrina to the 21st
Century, but at a coast , now this question Chris and James, can and will thay use the time machine to go back and save Richard, if it worked for Tab, it should work to save him , and loved Sabrina, she is ever the skeptic now will Tab bring Saby and chris togather, and what about their age diffrence, and this thought,???? what if she does, they go back to her place, and find chris with you know Who, , oh the possablities that await Shocked

Holy guacamole! Shocked I'm out of breath just reading that!

Don't you soldier boys ever come up for air???

This is a period Arrow "."

Learn to love the period, Dave.... it is our friend! Wink Wink

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
James wrote:
I just found out from Chris that we've been writing divergent plots for the Tabitha story. I think the best way to fix things is to edit out most of what I've written and re-post the chapters.

No we weren't. Just a miscommunication (probably my fault). What's up there stays up there; it's gospel, man! Smile

Chris

Appologies for the rant on the last post.

As I see it, the chapter is perfectly fine as-is. Only problem are some minor details.

But if the author(s) state points a, b, c, e, and h, then so be it. Points d, f and g are mote.

Some people say that there is nothing to prove that Richard landed in the same area as Tabitha did, and its the same street.

My arguement: The cube says where that location is in both space and time. Only the time was changed, by 30 seconds. Also, it was planned that who ever when through was going to grab Tabitha and send her back. That cant be done in 30 seconds if the time machine sends people into random places. Thats it.

My belief is that the variance affects the exactness of location of the entry though the vicinity is programmed in the cube.

So, if the cube dropped Tabitha and Richard with several feet (between 10 and 100) from each other, such things are possible. How else will things work out?

Chapters 1 - 10 has been as perfect as both Chris and James can put it together. Chapter 11 is no different; a typical cliff hanger by Chris' standards Smile I see no changes are necessary. But there is a clarification needed as to how things work with the time machine and how variances affect it and how the Brunner Effect works when it kicks in.

In my mind, according to the story thus far, people and things can travel in and out through the door on one side. What about the other side of the temporal doorway? Can people and things go in/out through it? In other words, can someone or something from the past enter, even by accident, from the other side, and end up not in the lab, but in the parking lot outside the building? Or someone from the future fall in from the outside and fall into the past- highly unlikely since there probably a wall between the gateway and the parking lot. But what about if a mouse that got in between there?

Lets not argue, just keep up the good work. Just know that there are some of us that will test the issues here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
James

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
But there is a clarification needed as to how things work with the time machine and how variances affect it and how the Brunner Effect works when it kicks in
That was the heart of the differing storylines. I was writing for one concept and Chris was writing for a completely different one. If the discussion about Richard getting clobbered had not happened, we would not have discovered the error for another chapter or two.
Despite having my name on the story, I won't try to force Chris to change things to suit my ideas. I felt that to avoid muddling the storyline, it would have been easier to remove certain passages I wrote in earlier chapters.

Quote:
Can people and things go in/out through it? In other words, can someone or something from the past enter, even by accident, from the other side, and end up not in the lab, but in the parking lot outside the building?
Personal opinion:I wouldn't think they would arrive in the parking lot. The origin point is in the lab and is fixed in time and space for lack of a better explanation. It is the link to the remote time that is movable. That said, I believe that someone from the past could easily enter the rift and wind up in the lab. Sabrina did it when she returned with Tabitha.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Appologies for the rant on the last post.

As I see it, the chapter is perfectly fine as-is. Only problem are some minor details.

But if the author(s) state points a, b, c, e, and h, then so be it. Points d, f and g are moot.

Some people say that there is nothing to prove that Richard landed in the same area as Tabitha did, and its the same street.

My argument: The cube says where that location is in both space and time. Only the time was changed, by 30 seconds. Also, it was planned that who ever went through was going to grab Tabitha and send her back. That cant be done in 30 seconds if the time machine sends people into random places. Thats it.

It's not supposed to, though. That's a whole new issue.

Elfen_Furry wrote:
My belief is that the variance affects the exactness of location of the entry though the vicinity is programmed in the cube.

So, if the cube dropped Tabitha and Richard with several feet (between 10 and 100) from each other, such things are possible. How else will things work out?

All I can say is that it's going to get interesting!

And calm down; it's just a story! Wink

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Chapters 1 - 10 has been as perfect as both Chris and James can put it together. Chapter 11 is no different; a typical cliff hanger by Chris' standards Smile I see no changes are necessary. But there is a clarification needed as to how things work with the time machine and how variances affect it and how the Brunner Effect works when it kicks in.

In my mind, according to the story thus far, people and things can travel in and out through the door on one side. What about the other side of the temporal doorway? Can people and things go in/out through it?

No. In order for the portal to work the other way, there has to be a timeline, however slim, kept open from the present to the past. And the only way for that to work is for the portal to have been used to send someone out first.

Elfen_Furry wrote:
In other words, can someone or something from the past enter, even by accident, from the other side, and end up not in the lab, but in the parking lot outside the building?

Nope, not possible.

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Or someone from the future fall in from the outside and fall into the past- highly unlikely since there probably a wall between the gateway and the parking lot. But what about if a mouse that got in between there?

Not sure what you mean by the mouse reference, but the answer is no, nothing can come through the portal unless they're retrieving one of their own back; timeline must be in place or nothing happens.

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Lets not argue, just keep up the good work. Just know that there are some of us that will test the issues here.

Fair enough, but remember to step outside for air every so often Wink

Chris
NovaFox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as far as I'm in a roleplayinggame called TimeExplorer, I already have thought about problems like this. What if Richard just got thrwon into a parrallel dimension? I mean science has proofed, that there might be alternative dimensions to it so maybe just one thing went wrong and he appeared at the same place thirty seconds earlier, but the wrong dimension?
Besides you have a nice time phenomena there. Since Sab is now in the 21st century she and Chris have never met, meaning that the whole thing nvere has happened and Tabitha never had a reason to go back so she didn't. Normally this would have led into death of Tabitha AND Sabrina.

Iron_Raptor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Whyyyyyy is his head so biiig? Reply with quote

"GIR! Stop playing with the power amplifier, it's creating waves of stupidness!"

I know not of the specifics of temporal mechanics, let alone standard physics, but... I like my role so far in this story. ^_^

Thank you Chris! *smewtch* ~prances off like a pansy, so unlike the big metal dinosaur he is~

"I'm going to sing the doom song now!" - GIR

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Whyyyyyy is his head so biiig? Reply with quote

Iron_Raptor wrote:
"GIR! Stop playing with the power amplifier, it's creating waves of stupidness!"

I know not of the specifics of temporal mechanics, let alone standard physics, but... I like my role so far in this story. ^_^

Thank you Chris! *smewtch* ~prances off like a pansy, so unlike the big metal dinosaur he is~

Okay, now you're scaring me Wink

About time you joined this forum IR; you of all people Smile

Glad to see you're enjoying what we're doing with your character (despite how you serve your coffee, and I still contend that that was James' idea). I always love a good sport!

Chris
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Whyyyyyy is his head so biiig? Reply with quote

Iron_Raptor wrote:

Oh my stars and garters!!!! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Elfen_Furry wrote:

Fair enough, but remember to step outside for air every so often Wink

Chris

Ah yes....
Well, mistakes happen- as we all know in my- I got ZZ Productions smack in the middle of Springfield! Typical New Yorker that I am... not taking into account time to commute between work and home!

Well... I aint changing it!

Besides, Chris... If I had some help with these locks, I see the sun more often!
Iron_Raptor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Whyyyyyy is his head so biiig? Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Okay, now you're scaring me Wink

VICTORY! Victory for Raptor!!!!

Waaaait a minute, I scare you now?!?!? That's it, NO SOUP FOR YOU!
ChrisFoxx wrote:

About time you joined this forum IR; you of all people Smile

Heh, I had been putting it off long enough. Very Happy Oh yeah, I've been staring at Goldenwolf's colouring technique with coloured pencils and watercolours. *grins!!!* So now I can really dominate and kick ass muchly in mah art.

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Glad to see you're enjoying what we're doing with your character (despite how you serve your coffee, and I still contend that that was James' idea). I always love a good sport!

Chris

Aren't I always a good sport? AREN'T I??? Very Happy Ok, I think I'm done scaring the bejeezus out of you now, though wait... wait... there's one more urge...

Zim: GIR, why did you empty out your fuel?
GIR: To make room for the tuna! *SLURRRRRP!*

Ok, now I'm done.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this for the last several days, wishing to have written it days ago, but I cant bust loose with incomplete answers.

The problem, if any, as I see it and imho- cant happen, is that, one can not have have a time votex connecting two time eras where one end is flopping around like an out of controlled hose spewing out high pressure water. The results of anyone entering it would be disasterous.

Like I stated before- what if the time portal was off by 1000 ft in the vertical direction, what if Richard stepped into that? What if IR followed after him? How is that mess going to be dealt with? If not Richard- then Tabitha?

One has to think three dimensionally when landing into an unknown area and needing to asses the situation. The Time Machine places people into an area in another place in time, the question is in what position and direction?

The "Cube" saids where and when that location will be. Up to this point, its been viably simple.

I know its only a story.
Mark Lungo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everyone. This is my first posting. All this talk about the mechanics of time travel is making my head spin! I just hope Chris and James have worked out a way to save both Sabrina and Richard; I'd really like "Tabitha" to have a totally happy ending.
Galadrion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
And calm down; it's just a story! Wink

Hmph. And the Mona Lisa is just a picture of a dame. Watch that modesty, Chris, you and James have some pretty rabid fans out here... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: