Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poll: Villainous scumbags!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's the best...(or worst)...villain yet?
Lance Gulo
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Theodore Bigglesworth-Farthington von Salzburg the Third
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Manius Caelius
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Jeremy Mustela
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lieutenant Aureus
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Hannah Vulpes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Poll: Villainous scumbags! Reply with quote

Yep, I finally decided to make a poll. It is not pure flippantry either. I want people's opinion on who they think is the best antagonist I've introduced yet...and preferably why they think so.

I'm not just doing this to be validated. I'm doing it because a story like 'Transitions' or 'Amat Victoria Curam' is going to get pretty boring pretty soon without good...or should we say -bad-...antagonists.

So...by all means, let me hear who makes you really pissed and why.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lieutenant Aureus has been for me the most well worked of the villains closely followed by Manius Caelius. i just like the way he was portrayed(sp?). also i think he got a little bit more 'air time' than manius. The best (worst) however is the fact that people like him could and do exists out there.
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lieutenant Aureus is on the top of my list, too.
Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say Lance Gulo. followed very closely buy Lt. Aureus.

Lance because, as a hate-filled scum who tried to cover his evil with religion, he was low. As a retrograding insane killer, he was evn worse. Theodore, Manius,, even Jeremy and Hannah all had a code of some sort they lived by, however twisted that might be. Lance, once he went retro, had no such code. He had become a killing animal. No rules, no remorse, no mercy.

Lt. Aureus is not much better. While he has a veneer of rules and civilization on him, he too is a wanton killer, using the means available to him to bring about the deaths of his rivals if he can. For no other reason than idiotic hatred and pride. Some one dissed him, hurt his widdle minibrained officer's pride, and so he now sets that someone up for death, or worse. Very sad to say, there are egos that big in the military. They usually don't survive their first combat command.

Tigermark (I know, I know, back to my proofer's hole.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teric

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lance Gulo was undeniably evil. Lt. Aureus is an absolute jerk that doesn't deserve the uniform he wears.

But for pure, cold, calculated evil, I'd have to say Theodore. To him, life was a game, and everyone (even his own family members) were pawns on his private chessboard. He manipulated, he pressured, he threatened, he bought out, he avenged, and he out right killed to meet his own agenda.

I specifically remember the board meeting that he had, where he revealed that one of his own board members had betrayed him and signed on with the Yakuza. He was not angry or vengeful. He very calmly announced the betrayal, then objectively scolded the fur for his cowardly reaction. "I can't stand a coward", I believe were his words. He then left the room, leaving the traitor with his own personal hit man, then calmly spoke to the butler about replacing the carpet and cleaning the bloodstains off of the walls.

No remorse. No guilt. He knew exactly what was happening, and he treated it like it was nothing more than a business expense.

He spent a lot of his efforts to force his daughter into his way of life. He completely disregarded her wishes, dreams, and desires. He simply reasoned that there was a 'proper' way for Gabrielle to act and to live, and he put a considerable amount of his own resources toward forcing her to conform to his view of how things should be. Again, no remorse, no guilt. No love.

There are a number of words I could use to describe him, but I will discreetly choose not to use such language. Suffice it to say that Theodore Father-Worthless von-Bigot Sluff the Turd was rotten to the core.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to those who have answered so far, and to those who have thrown in their vote. At the moment of writing, Lieutenant Aureus is solidly in the lead.

I'll continue to follow this thread, of course, as I really find this kind of thing valuable for my own writing skills. I must also say I am slightly surprised that Ben Aureus is so clearly in the lead. He has less 'screen-time' than Manius, Theodore and Lance...but apparently he's made an even bigger impact.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Misbegotten Ben Aureu got my vote 'cause not only did he try to kill Leo & co, but he also tried to cover it up .. with help .. the help that I'm going to assume, at this point, that got him the rank that he held.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aureus decided to send an entire platoon into harms way just to get at ONE fur he had a grudge with.
He doesn't care who is killed or injured as long as he achieves his goal.

Had he not been 'found out' as he was he would have risen higher in the hierarchy and could have caused utter devastation.
(It is evident that he was getting help to 'climb the ladder', so he would not have stopped at the rank of Lieutenant even if his incompetence was taken into account)

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Rodent42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt. Aureus got my vote as the one I would most like to see fragged by his own troops. He is the kind of idiot that get people killed, doesn't matter if it was Afghanistan. Iraq or Viet Nam.

People like him do exist, they have caused too many deaths.. OK I need to just shut up before I get going.

Rat
Jac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: