Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Current events, and what I've been up to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Current events, and what I've been up to. Reply with quote

for those who have been wounding what I've been up to, I previously had little time to work on my Sci-Fi story due to work and life's little turmoils.

Recently I was laid off from work. thus I've been very hard pressed to find what to do with myself till I resolve the work issue.

I have hammed out a few notes and hope to have a new chapter soon. till then I hope you guys wont mind seeing a little of sample of the work Ive done in my free time. Warning spoilers, I recommend you read the story first.

The following are my views, general thoughts, and ideas on the fiction work: A Slaves Rise to Freedom. These thoughts are purely of my own opinion and are to be taken purely as such. These views are purely suggestive, and might focus on subjects like racism, suggestions of slavery, realigns, politics or other such sensitive topics. They are in no way intended to offend those sensitive to any such topics. The following views are purely fictitious, and any resemblance to any events real or imagined are entirely coincidental.

I hope, that as these notes are read, that the reader has read the work and enjoyed it immensely. If you have not I strongly recommend that you do so before you read further, as it contains spoilers and thoughts that I may have not otherwise been published. If you have read and enjoyed A Slaves Rise to Freedom, as much I have enjoyed righting it; then please read on and take a deeper look into the universe I have created in this unique work of science fiction. I give you a rare treat in the following notes, and I hope you read on and continue to enjoy my work.

The universe of a slave

The universe of the salve Sadaria can be quite a cold and enduring one. It is a universe where mankind has reached the stars. It has a history dating for centuries. During the early exploration and colonization of space, there were several governments formed.

There are many major powers, however there was little unification among the many nations of earth. The different nations each had many differing opinions and view of mankind’s evolution. Thus fleeing many different problems of the century many peoples began finding a sort of new frontier. One early space explorer described space, as “space is the New America!” Which soon was the name given to the first lunar space colony.

In this new era of exploration and colonization of space, there were several new governments formed. Many through violent means. This gave rise to some powers and trouble for others. Eventually a huge world war erupted. This war ravaged many but it did bring about drastic and great world changes. some changes, which were viewed as terrifying to some. Many new governments rose and fell as caused by the war. One however, clearly cam out as the victor.

The Empire of Solaris

There was one power that rose from the war, The Empire of Solaris. It had grown from a dictatorship that had in turn grown from a relatively new culture. it was able to unify some of the major and corrupt governments, and concur the rest. It became a new concurring empire. Although it was politically viewed by some as the new roman empire, it is clear that it bore very little actual resemblance to Rome. In fact it could more likely evolved from a more German cultural origin. Its true origins as of yet, are a seemingly large mystery, as there is little records to substantiate any assumptions or solid claims. The war seemed to remove many warnings of its eventual outcome.

This young new government tried to became a universal superpower. It used the worlds focus on universal expansion and economic growth, to concur the other governments and eventually all of earth. It has become the great Empire of Solaris. This empire has come to rule earth for over six hundred years, at times quite peacefully. It has seen five emperors come to power. Some of which have been held as quite merciful and even kindly rulers. It flourished in numbers as well as size, and in its infancy it quickly created a navy of spacecraft. This navy soon became quite notoriously known as the Blood Star Royal Navy. It has since used that navy to grow and include the entire solar system within its concurred nations, and soon hopes to expand further. however this new empire is not to be without its obstacles, it soon would encounter one it would find very hard to swallow.

A mere two generations ago the empire encountered another relatively new government, one it could not concur. This new power however was not a hostile one, in spite of its being relatively larger and greater in firepower and number. The current emperor, was both wise and viewed as quite kindhearted. He decided that instead of concurring it, he would join in treaty with it. Thus becoming part of the Confederation of Allied Worlds.

The Confederation of Allied Worlds

Many governments and even people, were destroyed by the Empire. Some would still come to survive. A few colonists rose from the chaos of the great war. They left earth and eventually the solar system behind. They colonized new worlds, and struggled on a new frontier. Eventually these colonies, met and made treaties with alien races of other worlds. They grew through political and economic coexistence. Soon they would grow culturally as well. A new change was blowing in the cosmic winds. they encountered its once long forgotten rival once again.

They had expected to fight a new war, one that might prove costly for them and possibly for their alien allies. This however was not the case. The empire that they had left behind may have been a conqueror tyrant, but this one has grown and thus learned many things about diplomacy. It decided that rather than rule its opponent it could easily better its reach by joining them.

They politically united into a confederation of governments now known as the Confederation of Allied Worlds. This new government comprised of several human refugee colonies, a human empire, and many alien races, has since become a quite peaceful alliance. It is this seemingly fragile alliance that has kept the universal peace and growth for some time. The alliance has become a peaceful force in the universe. The alliance is currently the only obstacle in the path of the concurring Empire of Solaris. It is the last best hope to uphold the peace. And thus is very largely dependent on its mutual cooperation of its members.

The universe is never ending and so it is extravagant in its many creatures, worlds, and cultures that reside within it. The confederation is a meshing of those many factors. It would seem to be a chaotic mess of multiple disorganized governments to an outside observer. However it is actually a very orderly grouped set of councils that deliberate on galactic policies. This council would use its largeness to maintain that no one government could become too powerful to dictate its many parts local laws. By simply allowing each part to rule or govern itself, they could remain neutral in any resulting disputes not directly involving all of them simultaneously.

Though it does have its advantages in political freedom it does have some political problems. Many feel it uses its inability to police such a large government as an excuse to ignore some of its responsibilities. Many criticize it as being weakly decisive. It can seem to take quite a long time for the councils to make decisions on some things. And to make maters a little harder it has had a hard time maintaining a stable economy, due in part to the lack of a single solid currency.

That about covers the history of the universe, but current events are a bit more complicated. Things as they currently stand aren’t as well as they once might have been. Things have changed since the Empire joined the alliance. The new emperor does not share his forefather’s kindheartedness, and now he seems quite the ambitious ruler. He is said to be quite cruel and malicious. He has made bold plans, plans that if they come to pass might bring the alliance crashing to ruin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: