Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transitions 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive work Sis, or since you are showing your Viking Heritage by being a Valkyrie I guess I can counter by calling you my Daughter Wink For those of you who don't know which is most of you I'm guessing, Sigurd Volsung is, according to legend, the father of Aslaug.

I look forward to your future writings and I must say I'm going to miss the Transition cast. If your like me, they make up a big part of who you are, so give them all a big hug from me.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those of you who commented already. I'm sure more will come once everything settles in. I think I managed to get everything rounded off nicely, without leaving any glaring holes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kaeto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you didn't mention how the lives of the other kids went other than they were dead. Like did Steve and Nadia stay together,And you didn't mention what happened to Gabby and Yonni. But all in all execellently done.
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Kaeto, there's 75 years of space to hold at least one more Transitions story, if the Filly decides to fill that..

Or, if one of us is daring enough, we could ask the filly's permission to fill in the blanks ourselves.. ^_~

Plus there's 'Side' stories that could be tackled .. like Emma and William's life, past T2, or any of the other students of Jean's who we got introduced to..

There's a ton of places to expand from, if someone is willing to take the same chance our dear filly did... And there are also plenty of us willing to not only help proof the work, but read the stories that expand upon a universe which we have come to enjoy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karou is absolutely right. For some reason, not many people have asked me for permission to use any of my characters...and the Transitions cast have pretty much been untouched so far (except by Tigermark and Kimonoskunk, the latter of whom never finished the story)

I -AM- willing to let people borrow them ... provided the usual necessities are taken care of. Copyrights are observed and suchlike ... and that people don't write them into their stories doing things that are out of character for them, and certainly no yiff (sorry, no can do). However, I would see it as a compliment if people thought these characters were good enough to be used in such a way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, Filly, if I felt any confidence in my ability to write more than descriptions, I'd be the first to attempt to tackle a story in the Transitions / Sabrinaverse...

But, right now, I don't have any confidence .. every attempt I've made to write, since the first attempt at a back-story for my character, has either felt forced, or has felt too much like I'm inserting _myself_ into the story in a way that's not good.

Plus, to be honest, the mood that generated the first couple of chapters of said story is not one that I ever want to revisit.

I have been clinically depressed, and I honestly can't say that I'm not still in need of professional help... I am Bi-Polar, and I do suffer from SAD, which I do know can be a deadly combination .. especially if there isn't a support system that the sufferer can rely on to be there...

I'll be posting the first AudioBook Chapter of Transitions 1 in the new year, and I will also be contacting the filly about a project I have in mind. ^_~

Hopefully 2009 will have this moody kitsune in a better place than he leaves 2008. I hope to find everyone ready to read what is yet to come. ^_~

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha...see, I think I can help with some of that problem at least, Karou. No one says you have to set out writing another 80 chapter volume of Transitions. No one even said you had to write ten or five chapters. A short-story about some specific situation would be a way to get into the mindset as well.

And I am certainly looking forward to your 'project'...whatever it's going to be. As I am looking forward to the audio-book like you wouldn't -believe-!!
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Filly .. I just hope what I have lives up to the expectations everyone has.

-.-

I do know the razors' edge that I tread upon, and I do know that without my friends an family supporting me, I would be much more likely to take the cowards' way out of all the problems that I perceive to plague my life.

I also start therapy for my conditions in the new year .. and I feel that I will have my eyes opened in a whole new fashion, to what reality is.

[edit]P.S. Sorry for being so serious at such a supposedly cheerful time of year .. but it's how I feel, and part of my personality. [/edit]

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*offers a hug* hey...I know all about being down on oneself! If you want to talk about this, get a hold of me. I'm there if you need an extra shoulder to lean on.
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...likely to take the cowards' way out ...

Trail by Fire is never easy, you either come out broken or strengthen...
Karou WindStalker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
Quote:
...likely to take the cowards' way out ...

Trail by Fire is never easy, you either come out broken or strengthen...

Frazikar, I shudder to think about how close to breaking I've come many times in my life.

I have abused over-the-counter pain medications in the past, to the point where I don't feel they do me any good any more... to the point where myself, my spouse, and most doctors I've talked to are surprised that I don't have ulcers or other stomach problems.

The turning point now is that I am admitting I need more help than what I can get simply through my friends and family, and am going to be seeking assistance from a professional.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of length, all journeys begin the same, with a single step - forward...

Sometimes, friends or family can provide the spark necessary (foot to the rear) - sometimes, not...

(don't ya just love it when the muse just runs off and leaves ya hangin)
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as using any of the Transitions characters in my stories the only one that would fit is Coach and the time line doesn't synch with the Mystic Wolf (a bar that is in both the Magickal and Mortal worlds at the same time), also considering who one of the characters is it would just be a little too weird. Use your imagination if you will. Sigurd Volsung, a Wolf/Tiger hybrid, the reincarnation of the Viking hero is sitting at the bar when Coach walks in who is his immortal daughter! Talk about weird. Where does the conversation start.

Coach: Hi dad you're looking quite well this life time.

Sigurd: I must say you're looking fit. What have you been up to? Working for Freya as a valkyrie?

Asslaug: That's pretty much it. Helping save worthy souls and taking those that have lived well to Valhalla.

Sigurd: Have you gotten the invitation to my wedding.

Asslaug: Ratattask got it to me yesterday. Are you really getting married to a sccubus?

Sigurd: You say that like it's a bad thing.

Asslaug: But succubi use sex to destroy furs.

Sigurd: Don't talk that way about your future mother-in-law....

See what I mean? Awkward.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chuckles* Well, Aslaug's father wasn't Sigurd. It's not THAT Aslaug, as you can see from reading the ALN-short stories.
NavLite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the most avid poster here, but I only post when I really want to get a message across.

Thank you, Aslaug, for the Transition series. For making me re-think my views.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 51 of 52

Jump to: