Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Shoulder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syrius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, Asalis. Take care and hope the funeral is more of a celebration of how she lived, than a sad occassion.
Teric

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asalis, I was a poll bearer for my grandmother when she passed away. I didn't cry either, even though I was close to her.

It's okay to cry, and it's okay not to cry when a loved one passes on. Everyone experiences grief in their own way. Don't let others tell you that you're insensitive or apathetic because you don't grieve the same way they do.

I hope things go well for you on Wednesday, Asalis.

Buster Newman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am concerned with our friend Midi. I e-mailed him, letting him know he would be missed, and since I had dealt with a lot of the same problems, that if he needed the help he copuld talk to me. He told me to go Yiff myself. I am not mad at him, But this cannot be good. If he doesn't find help, he could get hurt, or worse. I wish i could help him... But I suppose he wishes to be left alone. My prayers are with him.
Leonato

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry there have been no posts before now. But, to bring our friends up to date:

I just got home from the hospital, I had to go in to have this kidney stone that has been bothering me removed. I tried to tough it out at work yesterday, but about noon I lost it. My father came out to the job-site and took me to the hospital where my very worried fox was already waiting for me. They made the decision to admit me, and get it blasted out (with a laser no less) the following day, and so here I am today. I'm still a bit sore, and it still hurts to use the restroom, but other then that, I'm fine Smile

Again, sorry for the lack of posts here, Journye's laptop blew its power supply before this all happened, and when she came home to change, and to post here, my desktop had crashed, and she didn't know how to boot it. So, sorry ya'll are just now hearing about this. Just thought ya'll were owed an explanation as to our absence, and any future loopyness from me (good drugs man).

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

Teric

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOA, sorry to hear that, Leo! I'm really glad that you've finally gotten rid of that blasted kidney stone (ugh).

Take it easy, my friend--rest up and let Journye take good care of you until you feel better. Hope your recovery is quick!

Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is hardly considered serious but it's something stressful for me so eh.... This coming Jan i'm going back to college after a 3 year vanishing act. I'll be rooming with friends, close friends. I'm using that's left from my tuition to pay for the rent and utilities. Plus i'll be working a full time job to pay for the car, food, insurance and whatever else is needed. I'm worried to mess this up. I don't want to pull my friends down cause I couldn't pull through you know? It honestly scares me at the knowledge I could potentially hurt or pull my friends down cause i couldn't pull my end.... eh... but I also know if I don't take this chance to go back i'll be stuck in no-where's ville for a while
Journye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*offers a hug* I wish you luck with that. I know it can be hard and worrisome when it comes to things like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Syrius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taigas, just don't overdo it, and try and find a comfortable schedule for both your job and school. It will be hard, but well worth the effort. I myself would kill for the chance to go back to school right now.
Syrius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fellow furiends, I need your advice, please lend me your ears.

The situation at hand involves a friend of a long time, and probably a broken and unsalvageable friendship... and my own stubborness.

To make the long story short, this friendship has been falling apart through the years, despite my many attempts to fix it. Something I ABSOLUTELY hate, is being ignored (as in completely not listening), and our exchanges usually went like this:

Me: "Hey, can we talk? I have something important to ask you."

Friend: "Oh sure, we'll talk later."

This has been going on for months and months, close to a year. I know I can't force a person to like me, but I expect someone to have the b***s to back up their word with. All of this... rejection, so to speak, has got me hurting: I thought it was my fault, gave him time, try many approaches. This friend was important to me, very important.

When a friendship gets to the point that one has to ask for an appointment (not really, but you get the idea) to even talk, you know that something is wrong and broken.

So finally, I sent him a message:

"You know, it's obvious that we can't be friends. I have to tell you I'm grateful and regretful we met. I will not bother you anymore, won't message or call you ever again. Hope your life can be a happy one, and that your others friends make you happy as well. Farewell, friend."

Him: "Erf. *sighs*"

That's it. Honestly, a "F*** you" would have been a better response. This kind of person has caused me to become very wary of people and never expect anything from anyone anymore. (Think Squall of FF8)

Problem is, dogs are very loyal. I am having second thoughts and feel like calling him. It was a very long night last night, and if not because I kept myself busy I would have written a long email and try to undo what I did.

A part of me wants to stick to my guns because I know he won't change even if his life depended on it, and another part wants to give it another try because there might be a slight chance (yeah right) that the friendship may be restored.

(Yeah, I want to give him a serious beating for being such a crapwad, and completely unworthy of whatever makes him a man.)

Hope I hadn't been too vague. Any suggestions? Your responses are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admitidly this is a very out of left field opinoin. but maybe this other person has some kind clinical depression. Or it could just be a case of two people growing in different directions, happened to me a few times it sucks but you just have to face it and move on.

Teric

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would probably have approached the confrontation in a different manner, but that's in the past now.

If he has a proven track record of indifference and apathy, it seems that the same track record will likely continue. If you were to go back and try to repair the burned bridge so soon, I can almost guarantee that you will not get the response that you hope for.

Perhaps, given time, the friendship can be mended.

PrincessB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd send him a short message saying something along the lines of I'm not really certain what you response was intended to mean. I feel as though we have been drifting apart for a while now, maybe thats true, maybe your just dealing with somethings but i think for now I'm going to give you your space but know that if you need anything you are plenty welcome to contact me.
Then keep his contact info but don't contact him unless he comes to you. Let a few months pass then if you've not heard anything but still miss him, then send him a message of, hey, it's been awile since we last spoke. I was thinking of you and wondering how you're doing. Hope your well...
Then if he's just not interested in being friends anymore you know you tried but you've just grown apart. If he's dealing with some hard stuff then he knows your available to help if possible but your giving him space and not being an extra hastle to deal with. Either way it's intirely possibly to be friendly later after some cool down time, maybe not as close as you once were but still keeping in touch.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lonely_Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I never bother others with my problems, I feel that this is one problem that can be shared...

Last night, I was robbed.
A bunch of teenagers stopped me and beat me up, and stole my laptop, my iPod, my cell phone and my silver necklace. I never blacked out, and I kept standing all the time, but one of them still managed to kick me in my face and break my nose. It hurts, kinda.

Anyways, I called the cops when I got home, and I'm meeting up with them later today. Hopefully those thiefing lil' bastards gets caught or something, and hopefully my insurance will get me some new stuffs...

"He who fights and runs away,
may live to see another day.
But he who is in battle slain,
may never rise to fight again."
Syrius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*huggles* Sad

And feel free to share more. Heck, it may sound a bit stoic at this moment, but let's be glad you didn't end up with a nice cut or bullet wound. And get your nose checked by a doctor ASAP in case it needs some patching.

And may they pay dearly for their crime. Stupid kids.

Teric

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many hugs and prayers, LW. I hope you feel better. Thanks for having the courage to share with us on IRC so soon after it happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32

Jump to: