Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The B Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Silver Coyote's Range
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teric

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACK that's where I went wrong--I was mixing up Rick & Randy.

Rick == Badger
Randy == Skunk

/bonk self

Teric

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished chapter 8. It's really nice to see a more mature relationship (i.e. a couple of furs that have been married for a number of years). I can tell that Joe and Annie are good for each other, and that they have a good family relationship in their home.

I've read quite a few stories recently (i.e. ZZtS, SOtS, Transitions, Fire on High, etc.) where at least part of the focus of the story is on the start and development of a relationship. So 'B-Team' is a refreshing change of pace here. Smile It's nice to see the love & longing between married furs, even after 15 years of marriage. I hope my marriage will be that way when we get on in years.

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, "ON in years" ...

Teric, yesterday I turned 48. My lovely TL and I have been married for 27+ years, and believe me, we are still "that way."

My wish and prayers are that you and yours, and every other married couple out there, will be "that way" until time ends.

TM (who found out a while back that, at heart, he's really a hopeless romantic. Good thing to realize what your spouse and everyone else knew all along, eh?)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventeen and change for The Fox and I. Gets better and better...

SC

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, long time... but the next chapter of The B Team has passed the initial proofread and is now before the wizened eyes of the Ol' Raccoon himself, so it should be appearing at The Raccoon's Bookshelf and at The Range in a very few days.

SC

Teric

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooo!!
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Heavy Metal" took a bow at The Range tonight. It'll be up at the Bookshelf this Saturday, if Mike has anything to say about it.
kcmack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice chapter Mr. Coyote. I love the idea that all of Joe's Mom's and her sleazy lawyers investigations are now leading to nothing but a world of hurt for them. God what a petty old bitty. Its sad really, you would think that she could do so much more than to try and ruin someones life and yet can't see beyond her own hatred. Its almost enough for me to feel sorry for her. I have a feeling that in the end she will be left with nothing but her hate.

In other areas, its good to see Annie is getting her spirits up some again. I just hope that now nothing bad happens. Which reminds me, is this a bad thing or just something to give us a picture in our heads?

Quote:
At 0532 Mountain Standard Time, with fully eight hundred feet of usable runway left, the aging C-130E that was the hopes of Intermountain Charter screamed into the sky above Mesa, Arizona, trailing a single veil of oily gray exhaust from her right wing.

Cause I really don't think they need any problems out of the Bitch right now.

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, kc. You're right, the crew of The Bitch doesn't need anything added to their already full plates.

As I said to Mike as we were working on posting this chapter, when he expressed the same concern: "They've got a lot of miles to go and a lot of flying left to do."

Allison turbines aren't the cleanest engines in the world. They aren't as bad as the old GE J79s that the F4 Phantoms had, those things would paint a trail across the sky to the origin aircraft. But the Allisons in the C-130s do make some exhaust trail. Under normal conditions it is thin and dissipates quickly.

Time will tell. Stay tuned, and thanks for reading and commenting!

SC

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else catch this TV reference?
Quote:
Rick and AJ won't be here until 0800 anyway, and Simon isn't going to get back until this afternoon.

Or was that entirely unintentional, SC?

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<grins> Unintentional, I assure you.

SC

Teric

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back to reading this, and finished chapter 9.

Holy FREAK, that was a cliffhanger! I've never been inside an aircraft that was hit by more than minor turbulance; I didn't know that the winds could actually DO that to an aircraft. You had me sweating in my seat here, SC, as I watched the crew pull out of that 45 degree dive. Whew....

Way to build up the adrenaline, my friend. You've put me in the pilot's seat, and you've put fear in my heart.

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, Teric. Storm Kings was an emotional trip for me as well. The crew even now probably has no idea how close they came to being that headline Joe thought about.

The chapter was written primarily to reveal the depth of the love Annie and Joe share. That she could intuitively know, a thousand miles away, that her husband was in trouble is at the very least remarkable. That her best friend, who's husband is also a pilot, would recognize what was happening to the fox speaks volumes about the relationship she shares with her own husband, as well.

Still, there's some good flying in that chapter, and I like flying.

Thanks again,

SC

D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little something to think about. Ok it's a given that Joe, Lola, and Slam are about to experience problems with an almost overloaded Bitch. Two of those three have experienced her when she shows why she has that name. Now Lola on the other hand has only experienced her when she's acting lady like(which we all know is just a act). Now Lola is going to get to see first hand exactly why she's called The Bitch. And to quote Slam “This ain't no milk run, boss. Our fuel will be limited, and we'll be within a foot of the aft CG limit.” One can truly say that we'll get to see what Lola is made of. Twisted Evil I can hardly wait.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What no takers on my speculations? So what say ye all. Will she crack or will she suck it up make it thru the up coming crisis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Silver Coyote's Range All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: