Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 46!!! Yes sir buddy!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Chris give up the couch, for a flowery one
yes
84%
 84%  [ 16 ]
no
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

James

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVDAVE wrote:
Laughing Ok I wanna see the paws of those militry or X military furs in here, how many of you had to use or abuse C rations or MREs
I had a few of them during my time in. I always wound up with Turkey ala king too. Want to know how to make a frag grenade for training? Take a mortar simulator and affix 1 packet turkey or chicken main course from MRE with 100 mile an hour tape. There was no denying you got fragged when covered with that stuff.
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
TVDAVE wrote:
Laughing Ok I wanna see the paws of those militry or X military furs in here, how many of you had to use or abuse C rations or MREs
I had a few of them during my time in. I always wound up with Turkey ala king too. Want to know how to make a frag grenade for training? Take a mortar simulator and affix 1 packet turkey or chicken main course from MRE with 100 mile an hour tape. There was no denying you got fragged when covered with that stuff.

WEll, we never did that, but I taught a course to the grand ol 11B', showing how simple foods supplied by your government can be effective booby traps.

My favorite? MRE cake package -> finger removal device.

Fun to have with the troops in a MOUT site scenario? Take a smoke grenade with a heating tab taped over the bottom of the grenade, place it in a can with the safety ring removed. Balance it over a doorway to a room they have to clear. If they do the entrance correctly, the can will dump, and the resultant cloud of noxious fumes will make th rest of the entry team very ill. (poor mans CS)

mwalimu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read this chapter. I liked the reference to the classic Jethro Tull song. Still waiting to see when ZZ is going to spring those pictures (the ones accidentally left in the camera) on Sabrina and Chris.

I have to nitpick the discussion about Dexter not eating meat because he's Catholic and it's a Friday. It used to be that Catholics weren't supposed to eat meat on Fridays year round, but that rule was revoked somewhere around Vatican II, about 40 years ago, and only a small minority of very traditional Catholics still practice it (these tend to be the same Catholics who think the mass was better in Latin and Vatican II was a bad thing). Nowadays, the only time Catholics aren't supposed to eat meat on Fridays is during the season of Lent, which runs from Ash Wednesday to Easter, and if Angel just found out she's pregnant and is due in May, (and assuming a 9-month pregnancy - not automatically a given when dealing with furries), that would place this conversation sometime in the fall, well outside Lent.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
Just read this chapter. I liked the reference to the classic Jethro Tull song.

Thanks Smile I'm a classic Jethro Tull fan!
Read: huge fan!

[quote]Still waiting to see when ZZ is going to spring those pictures (the ones accidentally left in the camera) on Sabrina and Chris.[quote]

Not sure if that'll ever happen. Zig Zag found them and, knowing how fond she is of Sabrina, kept them for her own enjoyment. Although she's matured somewhat in Zig Zag: The Story, who know's what'll happen? Twisted Evil

Quote:
I have to nitpick the discussion about Dexter not eating meat because he's Catholic and it's a Friday. It used to be that Catholics weren't supposed to eat meat on Fridays year round, but that rule was revoked somewhere around Vatican II, about 40 years ago, and only a small minority of very traditional Catholics still practice it (these tend to be the same Catholics who think the mass was better in Latin and Vatican II was a bad thing).

Dexter was raised Roman Catholic. True, he is more reformed now, not yet recovering (that would require conversion to Protestantism Wink ), but he holds on to some of the basics; another reason he apparently doesn't use birth control Wink

Quote:
Nowadays, the only time Catholics aren't supposed to eat meat on Fridays is during the season of Lent, which runs from Ash Wednesday to Easter, and if Angel just found out she's pregnant and is due in May, (and assuming a 9-month pregnancy - not automatically a given when dealing with furries), that would place this conversation sometime in the fall, well outside Lent.

If it helps, the only reason that whole bit happened was so I could use that "Okay, have a cheeseburger instead" joke Wink

Still, happy to see you enjoying yourself here!

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:

Quote:
Still waiting to see when ZZ is going to spring those pictures (the ones accidentally left in the camera) on Sabrina and Chris.

Not sure if that'll ever happen. Zig Zag found them and, knowing how fond she is of Sabrina, kept them for her own enjoyment. Although she's matured somewhat in Zig Zag: The Story, who know's what'll happen? Twisted Evil

Quote:
I have to nitpick the discussion about Dexter not eating meat because he's Catholic and it's a Friday. It used to be that Catholics weren't supposed to eat meat on Fridays year round, but that rule was revoked somewhere around Vatican II, about 40 years ago, and only a small minority of very traditional Catholics still practice it (these tend to be the same Catholics who think the mass was better in Latin and Vatican II was a bad thing).

Dexter was raised Roman Catholic. True, he is more reformed now, not yet recovering (that would require conversion to Protestantism Wink ), but he holds on to some of the basics; another reason he apparently doesn't use birth control Wink

Quote:
Nowadays, the only time Catholics aren't supposed to eat meat on Fridays is during the season of Lent, which runs from Ash Wednesday to Easter, and if Angel just found out she's pregnant and is due in May, (and assuming a 9-month pregnancy - not automatically a given when dealing with furries), that would place this conversation sometime in the fall, well outside Lent.

September 15th, 1999, precisely Wink

If it helps, the only reason that whole bit happened was so I could use that "Okay, have a cheeseburger instead" joke Wink

Still, happy to see you enjoying yourself here!

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Dexter was raised Roman Catholic. True, he is more reformed now, not yet recovering (that would require conversion to Protestantism Wink ),

Not sure what you meant by that. Some Catholics might take offense at that statement.

I'm a Roman Catholic and I'd be glad to offer my perspective. I lived in Massachusetts for a year and a half, and found that the Catholic church there is more traditional than anywhere else I've lived, and in that region tends to be equated with the "religious right" (if we had remained living there, I don't think my wife and I would have stayed with the Catholic church). Every other place I've lived, the Roman Catholic church is more in touch with the times, and is regarded as a more moderate church compared to some other faiths, such as the Southern Baptists or the Mormon church. I don't know where they stand in western Pennsylvania.

ChrisFoxx wrote:
but he holds on to some of the basics; another reason he apparently doesn't use birth control Wink

One thing the Catholic church tries to teach is that on matters where the church takes a position, Catholics are supposed to accept and defer to the authority of the church, despite one's own opinions and conscience. Many Catholics, including the large majority of Americans (>80%) are unwilling to do this, i.e. believing it is okay to follow their own conscience if they disagree with the church's position. At least a third of American Catholics think abortion is okay, and at least three fourths think artificial birth control is okay (at least for methods that prevent the union of the sperm and the egg). I think American bishops and priests are in a difficult position, having to do a balancing act between loyalty to the Vatican and staying on good terms with their communities.

Vatican II has been adopted worldwide by the Catholic church. The ones who prefer the Latin mass and who don't believe in eating meat on Fridays year round are, in a sense, in defiance of the Vatican on the side of being too conservative. Such Catholics are very rare, probably no more than 1 or 2 percent of the total, and generally tend to be older (as in adults before Vatican II in the early 60s). Younger Catholics that traditional are extremely rare. American Catholics who believe in deference to Rome on issues such as birth control are not as rare - I know a few. It wouldn't surprise me too much to see Dexter and his wife among this latter group. And even if they don't strictly follow the church's teaching's about birth control, the sentiments Dexter and Angel expressed about accepting and loving the child they're having, whether they can afford it or not, are still quite widespread among Catholics (and a lot of non-Catholics, for that matter).

Just wondering... what species is the Pope in the Sabrinaverse?

I'm probably taking this way too seriously, and should tell myself to just shut up and enjoy the story.
mwalimu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops - that was me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

Dexter was raised Roman Catholic. True, he is more reformed now, not yet recovering (that would require conversion to Protestantism Wink ),

Not sure what you meant by that. Some Catholics might take offense at that statement.

Didn't mean anything by it beyond its potentially mild humorous content Smile

The one thing I don't want to do is open my forum up for religious debating (or debating at all, for that matter)

Quote:
I'm a Roman Catholic and I'd be glad to offer my perspective.

That's kind of you, thank you! Although I doubt I'll ever dwell on it in The Story, it's good to know I have a reference source Smile

Quote:

Beats me, Sabrina's Jewish.

Just kidding Wink

Quote:
I'm probably taking this way too seriously, and should tell myself to just shut up and enjoy the story.

Maybe a wee bit, but nothing wrong with that Smile And personally, I'm happy you are!

Best,
Chris
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

I'm a Roman Catholic and I'd be glad to offer my perspective. I lived in Massachusetts for a year and a half, and found that the Catholic church there is more traditional than anywhere else I've lived, and in that region tends to be equated with the "religious right" (if we had remained living there, I don't think my wife and I would have stayed with the Catholic church). Every other place I've lived, the Roman Catholic church is more in touch with the times, and is regarded as a more moderate church compared to some other faiths, such as the Southern Baptists or the Mormon church. I don't know where they stand in western Pennsylvania.

Didn't mean anything by it beyond its potentially mild humorous content Smile

The one thing I don't want to do is open my forum up for religious debating (or debating at all, for that matter)

Just be glad that your works were once banned by the Taliban... I'll continue my rant further down, BUT That Guest Post Aint ME!

(BTW- I this this whole site was banned by the Taliban, as well as the stories hosted here...)

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
I'm a Roman Catholic and I'd be glad to offer my perspective.

That's kind of you, thank you! Although I doubt I'll ever dwell on it in The Story, it's good to know I have a reference source Smile

Same here, but- I am of that Roman Catholic Sect, who is still waiting for the Pope to declare holy war in a few dozen thousand infedals... Twisted Evil

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Beats me, Sabrina's Jewish.

Just kidding Wink

It would not bother me 1 bit if she was... Very Happy

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Maybe a wee bit, but nothing wrong with that Smile And personally, I'm happy you are!

Best,
Chris

Me? I gotta have my minimal 3 posts a day! Where it is posted- WHO KNOWS! Twisted Evil

Otherwise- how else would one enjoy the stories? Smile

Being able to interact with its creator gives new meaning and definition when one finds out that they are such snobs like R.Heinlein. (Yes- He was a snob, and a jerk too... I had the misfortune to meet and know him, glad that it was only for a short time. Kurt Vonnegut on the other hand, is extremely funny! He's Duh Man!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Hortmage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: OT: Jethro Tull Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
mwalimu wrote:

Chris

Since y'all brought it up, it's not REALLY off topic, but....

Does anyone have a CD of Jethro Tull's "StormWatch" they want to get rid of? It appears to be out of print, and my cassette tape is well over 20 years old....

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: Jethro Tull Reply with quote

[quote="Hortmage"]
ChrisFoxx wrote:
mwalimu wrote:

Chris

Actually, that's the 2nd Jethro Tull reference. Anyone notice the first? Wink

Chris
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: Jethro Tull Reply with quote

Hortmage wrote:
Since y'all brought it up, it's not REALLY off topic, but....

Does anyone have a CD of Jethro Tull's "StormWatch" they want to get rid of? It appears to be out of print, and my cassette tape is well over 20 years old....

Try iMesh. Did a search about ten minutes ago; came up with more Jethro Tull (and Jethro Clampett, for that matter) than I knew what to do with. Your mileage may vary, depending on time of day.

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: