Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 46!!! Yes sir buddy!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Chris give up the couch, for a flowery one
yes
84%
 84%  [ 16 ]
no
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rava wrote:

But there is an idea Chris. Crock pot cooking is the simple solution to her cooking problems. Cook it all day and have dinner ready when she gets home Wink And it doesnt matter if they are late since it just gives the food that much longer to steep in it's jiuces Twisted Evil

That IS a super idea! Thanks, I'll keep that one in mind Smile

Right after she ruins another meal or two Wink

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Where were you 2 months ago with this story? Laughing

That's terrific! I do hope she can laugh about it now, too Wink

Best to yunz both!
Chris

Heh-heh!

You didn't ask. Laughing

That'll learn ya. And, yes, she thinks it's funny now, too. Actually tells it on herself sometimes, but she likes it better when I tell it.

Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rava wrote:
Crock pot cooking is the simple solution to her cooking problems. Cook it all day and have dinner ready when she gets home Wink And it doesnt matter if they are late since it just gives the food that much longer to steep in it's jiuces Twisted Evil

Better believe it... my work day is twelve hours long on the days I work (seven days every two weeks - it averages out pretty nice). And since my "roommates" are a pair of feline chore-shirkers ( Twisted Evil I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Don't gang up on me when I get home tonight...), if I want anything more appealling than cold sandwiches, it's got to be something I can set up to cook all day while I'm gone.

Lemme tell ya somethin', folks: there is very little that inspires hunger better than walking into an apartment where a Crock-pot full of Texas Red-eye has been cooking all day... If anyone wants the recipe, contact me, but be warned: I call it "Paint-stripper" for a reason... Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
Lemme tell ya somethin', folks: there is very little that inspires hunger better than walking into an apartment where a Crock-pot full of Texas Red-eye has been cooking all day... If anyone wants the recipe, contact me, but be warned: I call it "Paint-stripper" for a reason... Twisted Evil

Since we've been talking about cooking on this topic anyway, post away. I like Paint-stripper, even if the rest of the family does not. Razz
Ok, who hid my big bottle of habanero sauce again...

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may wish to post that recipe somewhere - there are a few of us interested in "Paint stripper"...

I recall the chili an ex-cousin-in-law (don't ask Smile ) made once. It tasted quite mild, until it reached your tonsils, which it proceeded to take hostage. Incredible stuff. Wish I knew her recipe.

Kinsfire

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some chilli powder like that once. You did not taste anything much for about 30 seconds or so.
Added some, tasted, nah, needs some more, added plenty more, then !

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
You may wish to post that recipe somewhere - there are a few of us interested in "Paint stripper"...

I recall the chili an ex-cousin-in-law (don't ask Smile ) made once. It tasted quite mild, until it reached your tonsils, which it proceeded to take hostage. Incredible stuff. Wish I knew her recipe.

Kinsfire

::chuckle:: reminds me of a dip/crcker spread I once sampled. Apricot preserves, cream cheese, and pico de gallo. you didn't feel it until it was about half-way down your esophagus, then the afeterburner kicked in. "Whoo!' Shocked

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are talking my language in a major way.

That Paint-Stripper sounds like ambrosia.

By ALL MEANS post the recipe! I'll add it to the Ash Creek Cookbook as a "Special Request". Very Happy

Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, will do - I'm gonna hafta dig out my recipe book, though. For the last year and a half, I've been measuring things out the Justin Wilson way, which is good for demonstrating, very bad for posting. Look for it sometime Wednesday, hopefully - even if I can't find that notebook, I can take the time to make up a batch, and note things down as I go along.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Mike Regan wrote:
Quote:
Very Happy There was actually supposed to be more of that; early in the chapter there was going to be a bit with Sabrina explaining a bad-tasting dinner by explaining she didn't have X, so she substituted Y, something she overcooked, something she undercooked ... trouble is, I couldn't think of anything!

You can blame Tygon for that one. Read the part in Victoria and Tygon where he is giving Sabrina cooking lessons.

To be honest, I blame myself. I couldn't come up with with anything Sad

Chris!

Shocked At least she wasn't cooking lobster, and have it managed to crawl out the pot and chasing her up onto a chair crying for help... Ooo, I can see Sabrina in that predicument... Twisted Evil

Lesson in cooking lobsters:
Right way: Boil water first, then throw in lobster. The temperature difference shocks and kills them...

Wrong way: Put lobster in water, then boil water. They get used to the heated water like we would in a sauna... If for some reason the top is removed, they will hop out the pot and start chasing the first thing they see move.

I seen it happen by what some call the worse cook in Latin Female history, a friend's sister who shall remain nameless...
(the funniest one I remember from her was when she set a mouse trap with some bacon she cooked. The next day- the bacon was there, the trap was gone! Poor mice choose death than to eat her cooking! Laughing)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, considering that A.) Sabrina was a typical college student, and B.) only has a 3-level in 'culinary production', I call it a pretty damn good chance that she has the obligatory 'case of Ramen noodles' story. Which could lead to fun and excitement on the part of all..

...if you went to college you know exactly what I'm talking about. Rolling Eyes

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
Well, considering that A.) Sabrina was a typical college student, and B.) only has a 3-level in 'culinary production', I call it a pretty damn good chance that she has the obligatory 'case of Ramen noodles' story. Which could lead to fun and excitement on the part of all..

...if you went to college you know exactly what I'm talking about. Rolling Eyes

Those things are highly combustable!! Cook a Pack in high heat, let the water dry out, and wait another 20 minutes.

Make sure you have a fire extingisher handy! First they smoke, then they burst!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Tegeran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, Chris, stir-fry-random is almost impossible to screw up. Toss some veggies in a frying pan with some cooked noodles or rice, add a protien source (egg or tofu works, as would meat) and season to taste.

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Those things are highly combustable!! Cook a Pack in high heat, let the water dry out, and wait another 20 minutes.

Make sure you have a fire extingisher handy! First they smoke, then they burst!

Shocked
Please elaborate on this... I don't think I've ever heard of combustable ramen noodles before... This could prove interesting Shocked

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combustible? Eh, only when I put it in the industrial-strength microwave we have in the ECM shop. Defrost and get a burrito to eating temperature in 15 seconds. Imagine what Sab could do with one of those. Mmm, 4500 watts of culinary goodness... Wink

In regards to the Ramen noodles, I was referring less to Combusticated Noodleness than I was the never-ending-supply of such. Every single college student I know, in Texas or around the base here in SC, has at some point bought a case of Ramen and seen how long they could live off of it. Trust me, there's only so many things you can do with packaged noodles; there comes a time when you realize that no matter what, it's STILL NOODLES.

After about 40 days I got tired and upgraded... to canned soup and frozen waffles. Hmm, sounds about Clarence's level of cooking. Razz

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Shocked At least she wasn't cooking lobster, and have it managed to crawl out the pot and chasing her up onto a chair crying for help... Ooo, I can see Sabrina in that predicument... Twisted Evil

Hee-hee-hee ... so can I Smile

Elfen_Furry wrote:
Lesson in cooking lobsters:
Right way: Boil water first, then throw in lobster. The temperature difference shocks and kills them...

Wrong way: Put lobster in water, then boil water. They get used to the heated water like we would in a sauna... If for some reason the top is removed, they will hop out the pot and start chasing the first thing they see move.

"Hop"? Lobsters can hop? Wink

This is funny ... just funny enough ... ::rubbing paws together::

Loved the mousetrap story too!

Hmmmmm, lobster ...... Sa-breeee-na! Smile

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: