Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhammer/WH40K
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which GW games do you play?
Warhammer Fantasy (specify army below)
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Warhammer 40k (specify army below)
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 8

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Warhammer/WH40K Reply with quote

Hello, Pflarrian here, a.k.a. Colonel Griffith of the Shadevarian 6th Infantry/Armored Companies of the Imperial Guard, or Blade Captain Heinrich von Riktoff of Sartosa (when I'm playing my Dogs of War army for fantasy).

It has come to my attention that we should have a topic running around here for us Warhamster players, so I have taken it unto myself to perform this most heinous of tasks.

Hey - it's easier than trying to stop an army of Chaos Space Marines with a heavy-weaponless IG army. Wink

However, it does bed one question. What do we talk about in here?
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Warhammer/WH40K Reply with quote

Hmmm... That's interesting, the poll-maker-thingy didn't accept one of my choice headers... There was supposed to be an "other" choice for those who play Necromunda, Gorkamorka, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Epic 40K, Warmaster, or whatever... Oh, well. If you play one of those, just write it in below. Smile
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only wargame I've played so far is Battletech but I still voted for WH40K because it would be the game I would play if I could afford it.
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sank some 2000 $ into my Dark Elf / Goblin army, then we stopped playing after a relatively short time. Sad

We were always arguing about the rules. (Does the armor that says it protects against ALL weapons protect against the sword that pierces ALL types of armor, ...) Mad

Well, the figures come in handy when we need a lot of bad guys for our RPG fights. Evil or Very Mad
And most of the goblins are incredibly cute anyway. I just love the doom divers and the snotling wagon. Cool Razz

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I technically play WH40K. However, that's only if you count Battlefleet Gothic as part of WH canon. BG is the space-bound, fleet battles area of the 40K universe. Point costs tend to vary, but IIRC it's a 10,000-factor scale-up in regards to relative combat values. For example, your typical gun cruiser costs 190 points to deploy. A Blackstone Fortress costs 900 points, and can destroy a small solar system inside of an hour. Literally.
(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Toric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40k all the way. Eldar rule. If you don't mind being called cheap, then Ulthwe. ^.^
Ash
Evil Henchman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:28 am    Post subject: chaos Reply with quote

Chaos ,gave up, not enough people to play Sad

I was damn good at painting them, but that dont count s**t when you cant play very well anyway.
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: chaos Reply with quote

Arctic Fox wrote:

Chaos ,gave up, not enough people to play Sad

I was damn good at painting them, but that dont count s**t when you cant play very well anyway.

I wouldn't feel too bad. My IG army is 2 and 20 and 1 right now, as in 2 wins, 20 losses, and 1 draw, and I'm not the best at painting miniatures either.

Besides, I got into the hobby because I find painting to be rather theraputic. Well, relaxing, anyways.
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key to IG is Tanks.......and lots of them. Not a lot that your opponent can do if you clean half his army out with the first volley of ordinance.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat The Fox wrote:
The key to IG is Tanks.......and lots of them. Not a lot that your opponent can do if you clean half his army out with the first volley of ordinance.

Yes, but if your first volley of ordinance comes after your opponent's first move, it tends to be kind of ragged, especially if you're fighting the Tau. I both love and loathe railguns. I want some of my own, but I hate fighting against them.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was taking a trip at the Games Workshop here in Hannover and watched a game Warhammer 40K.

What can I say, I haven't laughed so much in quite some time Smile

It reminded me a lot of our old Battletech sessions. I talked a bit to the guys there about Warhammer and they said that it's not really more complicated than Battletech. In some cases it's even easier, just more detailed and then I can belive Smile

I have to say, I feel temped to start playing Warhammer 40K. Out of a mood I bought the Tyrand Codex and I'm quite sure, if I play it I'll set up a Tyrand army Smile

I gonna ask a friend today whether he would be willing to play Warhammer 40K with me. If is he, I'll buy some of it next week.

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Ghostwolf about the STOMPING he handed one of my friends a few weeks ago.

But called shots suck, don't they GW?! Very Happy

*gets back to frantically reapiring what's left of his BT minis...*

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I would be laughing manically over that. On the other hand, it was the first time he'd played in a while, plus he's still learning. Besides, the week end after that, I got my head (along with several other parts) handed to me by an Orc player. Oh well. My Marines will have their revenge. Now, as for those called shots...go for it, I've got some 1430 tons of mechage for you to call your shots on.

Ghostwolf...Mathan Stormguard of the Omega Strike chapter of Marines...out...

Ash
Evil Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaos, just because I'm lazy as hell. I can get any force or army figurines, paint them black, call them chaos and get away with it!! Very Happy

Cheating within the rules is so much fun. Twisted Evil
Ghostwolf
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pflarrian, too bad you live up in MN (or me in SC), I could maybe help you with your tactics, get that win record up a little. Smile

Ghostwolf out...tactics guru Smile...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: