Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Misc. Updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Misc. Updates Reply with quote

My site is up. Very Happy

The first part of Chapter 1 has been posted as a teaser, the rest will have to wait until I get the permission to use the characters that are copyrighted by other people.

Last edited by Nameless on Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've split the discussion into a new topic.
I'd like to keep this topic for my updates, otherwise feel free to create new topics, to discuss my work and related topice.

I'm still waiting for a reply from two authors whose characters have a somewhat important role in my story: Chris Yost and Max Blackrabbit. Sad

And Eric Schwartz, but after reading his FAQ, I've decided to go ahead without his express permission and continue sending him a mail every now and then until he answers. Confused

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no story yet. Sad

One down, one to go. Smile Sad

That leaves only Max BlackRabbit. Still no reply. If anybody has better channels of communication to him and get him to reply to me, that would be great.
Since his website if down (with the rest of FurNation), I can't check his policy on usage of his characters, specifically Zig Zag. If anybody who has used her in his/her story can honestly tell me that it is OK with him to use her without express permission, then that would be enough for me to go ahead.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Sorry, no story yet. Sad

One down, one to go. Smile Sad

That leaves only Max BlackRabbit. Still no reply. If anybody has better channels of communication to him and get him to reply to me, that would be great.
Since his website if down (with the rest of FurNation), I can't check his policy on usage of his characters, specifically Zig Zag. If anybody who has used her in his/her story can honestly tell me that it is OK with him to use her without express permission, then that would be enough for me to go ahead.

I can say that he most likely will have no problem with it but you should ask him anyway. He's not very touchy about others using his characters.

If all other ways fail, are you signed up for Yahoo Groups? There are several about his work. I think the various Zig Zag groups are all taken down by Yahell but there still are a few online. You can ask him via one of them. The URLs are

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MaxandMaxinesHangout/?yguid=89934112

for "Max and Maxines Hangout" and

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MaxBlackrabbit/?yguid=89934112

For the "Max BlackRabbit" Group.

Both Groups are about others of MBR's characters and not Zig Zag but I'm sure it will be okay of you ask there.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, using the Yahell groups I was finally able to get a reply from Max. Very Happy
Seems he gets so many requests to use Zig, he thought he had already answered mine (or the mail got lost or whatever).

Anyway, the full first chapter is now posted.

whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone want to use Zig and no one want to use Max?

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:

Ahem? Confused Why does everyone want to use Zig?

Should I? Or shouldn't I?

Oh, don't be a smartass.

Wendy?! Who asked you?

You didn't have to ask, luv. I knew you'd need my help.

Yeah, right. I'll talk to YOU later. < shoves her back through the Portal >

Ahem ... again ... To answer your question, Whiterabbit ...

DUH!!!

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:

Laughing OTOH, it might be fun to write in "Maxine" if MBR ws willing.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rava

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I talk to him this year about using Zig his answer was very clear. Post a disclaimer saying she belongs to him and there is no problem Smile
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:

Cause Zig is hot, and Max's avatar usually ends up as the butt of some joke or another....more so if you try it with Wolf's particular tastes. He made Max into Maxine, even Eric S. got into it....even if his muse nearly knocked his head off a number of times! *lmto*

Cateagle wrote:
Laughing OTOH, it might be fun to write in "Maxine" if MBR ws willing.

Cateagle

Can just see Max's response to that....'Are you insane?!? It's bad enough I get turned into one of Darke's chew toys! Now you want to write about my alter-ego? Your nuts!'

SkunkFox....ok I'm asking Max if I can use Maxine!! Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humph. Well. I wrote Max a little cameo in Chapter 10, but only one reader that I know of spotted it. Guess I should have made it a bit more obvious.

I figured, after all that junk he went through with Sabrina, he deserved a worthy femme. Wink

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
Humph. Well. I wrote Max a little cameo in Chapter 10, but only one reader that I know of spotted it. Guess I should have made it a bit more obvious.

I figured, after all that junk he went through with Sabrina, he deserved a worthy femme. Wink

Damn, I noticed it too. Should have said something.

Of course, that's easy to say now that it's publick knowledge. You have to believe me... or not Smile

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 2 has been posted (actually was posted on on friday).

Either just about nobody noticed the announcement or ...

Bearion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just caught it and read it. That IS a funny story about the ice. I hadn't heard about that kind of thing happening, but I can see it in my mind clearly. ::chuckle:: Not for the first time do I wish I could draw. Wink

A very interesting story so far, but the abusive relationship is (as I'm sure it's intended to be) depressing. Codependency is what holds many relationships together, but can be abused horribly. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to knock some sense into both George and Sarah's heads!

Be good,

Bearion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already posted some comments in the "Act 0" topic but I agree with Bearion. That ice thing was hillarious and I think I've heard about something like that before.

We will have to see what comes out of Sarah's realationship... I certainly hope that George will accept his wife's new job since it seems to make her happy (a very important thing. I'm not happy at my job and that sucks royally). I think all we can do is wait and watch since I doubt that Nameless will tell us Smile

Oh, that's not right. we can speculate! (even if it may be a little early for that Wink) What would happen if George would leave Sarah? Would she try to find comfort in the arms of one of the handsome males who work at ZZ Studios? Wink Or one of the females??? Shocked

BTW: Thanks for giving Tygon a cameo. Reading that made my day Smile I hope I can repay that some day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: