Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change of Seasons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from MFM, and I had a blast! Very Happy Very Happy My first con but it's not going to be the last, that's for sure.

Got to meet Mike and Chris, and several other furs, making new friends is wonderful. Very Happy I am relaxed and refreshed, and as soon as I take care of a couple of minor RL issues, I'll be back with the further adventures of the crew.

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcmack, part of teh joy of writing is this:

The adage goes, write what you know. But WHAT IF you want to write something you don't know?

That, my friend, is when the joy of Research comes in! We who write aren't born knowing and having experience with everything, so what we don't know, we research. We read, look, ask, talk to those who know what we're curious about. That's one of the joys of writing, finding out new things and then incorporating them into your story idea. just make sure your research is accurate, or you'll probably get a good horse laugh from those in your readership who know what you're writing.

Tigermark (yep, I'm starting to read this story too. Prepare for full OA! It was great meeting you at MFM, Nicolai!)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Tigermark! Very Happy

It was a joy meeting you and Aramis, too. I hope to do so again, and talk in the meantime. I look forward to your review. (btw, what does OA mean?) I learned a bunch at the panels I attended, too. Hmm, need to start incorporating some of those... Twisted Evil

kcmack, I'll be happy to provide you feedback if you want to try. It will be critique, not criticism. I know there are others here who would make the same offer. Don't be bashful, you wouldn't believe what I went through trying to get started.

Nicolai

When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power.
kcmack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see whats going on here, now your gangin up on me lol. Actually I might eventually take you up on your challenge. I just have to get past the next year of classes and then I will have free time again that isn't keeping me up reading great stories you guys produce till 2 AM then having to awaken and go to work in the morning.

As for your your question Nicolai, OA is Over Analyzing of story. Well its more of us just sitting shooting out ideas and having discussions in dept on the plot and on going story and what will happen. Its something I learned about when I started posting on the Zig Zag the Story forum and that I must say Tigermark is very good at.

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, introducing OA to a new forum.

here's what it is.

Back in 2003, a new term was coined on teh Zig Zag the Story forums at ZZStudios.com. Said new term was coined by yours truly, so I became, and remain, the Founder and President of...
*Insert trumpet fanfare here*
Overanalyzers Anonymous.

This loose group of readers pledge to do their best to analyze, examine, pick apart, speculate on, and generally run amok with, any and every story we read. It might mean speculating on upcoming story events, rehashing plot points, picking nits and continuity errors, or just generally praising the author and flapping our figurative gums until the next chapter comes out.

There you have it. Now the gauntlet is really thrown! OA Away!

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here here, TM!

OA forever!

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have now read all 21 chapters available of Change of Seasons. So here goes the OA!

I've found it to be a very entertaining story. Where else do you find action, adventure, firearms, black ops, and lots of sex, along with lots of great food?
Kass is a wonderful character, very good at what he does, and at the same time, kinda trapped by it. He and the free-spirited Kelso make a great match.

Rick is good for the stable male of the group. he seems to always be teh rock everyone else shoals around in the maelstrom that is the Coona family. Gwen is a great counterpart to him. She's going to make a great mom.

The magick makes for a wonderful fantasy element to what otherwise would be a rather gritty RL-esque story. It gives that element of the fantastic
that piques the curiosity. My only thing is, they put a lot of trust in entities they can't identify. So far that's worked for them, but it could bite them, especially, say, Jo-Ann or Gwen's cousin, as they are novice enough to be deceived easier.

Kel as an Olympic shooter. Now that's a grand adventure, for her to pursue while Kass is out playing in the water.

I usually don't comment much on the sexy scenes, but there's one I have to. The scene in the cabin was priceless! that's all I'll say, don't want to spoil anything for any new readers.

I too hope Jo-Ann finds someone. Even as loved and accepted as she is in the Coona clan, I think she'll still feel a bit of a fifth wheel until she does.

I won't comment on the new toy Kass is preparing to go put through trials. Nicolai told me too much about it while we talked at MFM, and again, I don't want to be a spoiler.

Okay, that's enough for now. Time for me to go make a SBW and SBS hot toddie, and see if I can create a good reason for both. OA on, folks!

Tigermark

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU TM! Very Happy Very Happy

If you haven't done so already, go read Open Season, by Rick Coona. Change of Seasons is a fanfic.

I'm very glad you enjoyed what's done so far. I have chapter 22 underway, now I just need to get RL to leave me alone long enough to get it finished.

The cabin scene was fun to write, too. The idea goes back to chapter 8, if any fur is interested. My thanks to Jack Canus for the idea. (Jo-Ann has a good memory! And Kel had forgotten.) I leave the events that followed to the imaginations of the readers.

My apologies if I did a spoiler for you on Kass' new toy. It was the opportunity to share the concept with someone with the knowledge to appreciate it that made me do it. It's something I've been thinking about for a few years, and I would love to attempt to build one in RL, if I had the time and money. Unfortunately, unless I win the lottery, it ain't gonna happen. <grump>

When chapter 22 is posted, the rest of you, if interested, will have much more information about it to think over and discuss.

Enjoy your SBW and SBS hot toddies, my friend!

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I just finished "Open Season", and it was a wonderful read, too. Nicolai, you've blended your story in quite well with the original one.

The kits of Rick and Gwen and Mike and Cassy are quite beautiful, in my mind's eye. Their birthing was very well done. Heh, I guess I should go back and look up the forum for OPen Season and tell Rick Coona that, eh?

Looking forward to Ch22.

TM

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update for my readers.

I know you are waiting for chapter 22, and I am working on it.

However, I have had a major crisis arise this week in my personal life, and it will have an impact. I'm just not sure exactly how.

On one paw it distracts me severely. On the other paw, writing becomes a form of therapy, and I have doubled the amount of material I have for the chapter in the last three days. This weekend will be down time for me, and I will see what happens. If the gods smile and my muse cooperates, I might have 22 to Mike in time to post next week.

We shall all just have to wait and see.

Nicolai

kcmack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that plot thickens! The wicked evil stepmother tries to plot her revenge and escape from her torturous confinement, while the evil murderous mastermind prepared to strike from the shadows at the poor unsuspecting femmes of the greater Seattle area. Our hero's shall have their work cut out for them as they must rally their spirits while the forces of evil ready themselves for the next round of assaults. Prepare readers for the next chapter to discover what happens!!

Once again loved the chapter Nicolai. I am sorry to hear that life is giving you the kick in the jewels. I can say that you shouldn't feel alone too much though. I know that my own schedule has been a bit hectic for the last month or so. Must be something in the air.

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying the next chapter is posted now? *goes to check at RBS*

EDIT: Prepares to strike? I'd say he has already. It's probably too early for him to be planning his next victim's abduction if the current one is still to be tortured and found dead.
I'm wondering about that 11 weeks mentioned, is that from the first victim? it's not mentioned, but I'd half suspect Kass to have been back and gone already if there's that much time passing since Jo-Ann joined the task force.

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello AmigaDragon,

The eleven weeks is since the task force was formed.

As for the rest of it, well, you'll have to wait for chapter 23. Which is about half done already. Apparently the muse is now well rested and is going to have me wearing out yet another keyboard. Razz

I had planned at least one more chapter while Kass was gone, but the crew wouldn't hear of it. Just what I get for working with such dynamic and free-willed characters. (I'm really enjoying it, other than having to change my outline almost every time I sit down to write.) Confused

Barring another disaster, it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks before 23 gets posted.

Nicolai

kcmack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I am betting someone finally found a use for the old feign death spell. Hm, I wonder what nasty surprises she has in store.

Someone in the FBI apparently believes in magic it looks like. I can see Jo-Ann's career may take off after this case. It will all end up having to be kept hush hush of course Wink .

So Kass is worried about some of his old nemesis's(?), what is the plural for of nemesis anyway, coming after him and Kel. That sounds like a really bad idea in so many ways. Oooo, I can't wait for Kel to qualify for her carry and concealed license on the base. Bet she can end up winning a lot of beer off some sailors Laughing .

Well, good chapter. How far away are they in the story time from the Olympic Games?

Nicolai Borovskaya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcmack wrote:
So, I am betting someone finally found a use for the old feign death spell. Hm, I wonder what nasty surprises she has in store.

Someone in the FBI apparently believes in magic it looks like. I can see Jo-Ann's career may take off after this case. It will all end up having to be kept hush hush of course Wink .

So Kass is worried about some of his old nemesis's(?), what is the plural for of nemesis anyway, coming after him and Kel. That sounds like a really bad idea in so many ways. Oooo, I can't wait for Kel to qualify for her carry and concealed license on the base. Bet she can end up winning a lot of beer off some sailors Laughing .

Well, good chapter. How far away are they in the story time from the Olympic Games?

Feign death? Not after the embalmer gets done. Twisted Evil

FBI + Magick == No way. Laughing An understanding of premonitions and hunches, yeah. Jo-Ann's career? I haven't gotten that far, but possibly.

nemesis: plural: nemeses
No sailor is going to bet with Kel twice. Rolling Eyes

The Olympic Games are just over a year away. They won't be covered in this story unless the crew (and maybe the readers) get insistent. Razz

Thank you. Compliments are always welcome and make me feel that my efforts aren't wasted.

Nicolai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: