Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Reader
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to Zig's religious beliefs, no one has ever stated it in print, but it came up in conversation with James Bruner and myself at Mephit Fur Meet I guess in 2003. we were discussing James Sheppard's feelings about God, and the fact that he's a bit miffed about the paw life, and in his feelings, God had dealt him. Then some one asked about Zig. JB said that he felt she was probably a believer, but again, as stated here earlier, what church would welcome her?

As to her singing "Amazing Grace" in that scene, it brought me to tears, Hortmage. It was a grand touch to an already emotional scene. Sometimes you do things, just because they feel right at the time to do them.

Tigermark (Who still wipes away tears at reading these stories)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Teric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigermark wrote:
JB said that he felt she was probably a believer, but again, as stated here earlier, what church would welcome her?

Indeed, Tigermark. Perhaps, then, Zig Zag does believe, and perhaps that's why she asked James about it. But I'm inclined to agree, with her reputation and looks, I'm afraid that the majority of church-goers would judge her if she attended.

I'm a life-long Christian myself (Mormon), and I've seen first-hand the effects that the judgement of others can have on people. I've known people whose faith is very strong, who truly have a desire to serve God, but who have no desire to attend church because this Bishop or that Sunday School Teacher made some hurtful comment about their character.

Forgive me if I wax a bit preachy here: I for one feel that Jesus presented an excellent example when he chose not to condemn the woman taken in adultery. Many were the men who accused her of serious sin (and correctly so, I might add). However, Jesus, who certainly has much more authority than they to bring judgement upon the woman, chose not to condemn her. He looked past her sins and saw someone who had a desire to serve God and could turn her life around. His parting comment: "Neither do I condemn thee; go thy way and sin no more", is a shining example to all of us.

Who are we in a church congregation to judge someone that has come to the house of God (likely seeking to better themselves), solely based on what we see?

(ok /preach off)

Hortmage wrote:
Allen Kitchen's When You Return.

Thanks for posting that, Hortmage. *sniff*
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
But I'm inclined to agree, with her reputation and looks, I'm afraid that the majority of church-goers would judge her if she attended.

Who are we in a church congregation to judge someone that has come to the house of God (likely seeking to better themselves), solely based on what we see?

You have to consider though, that at least some of the more generous ones judging her may leave off her past but still judge by her continuing business. Unless the couples (and more) performing together are married to each other, they are breaking biblical law and morals. And the recorded acts promote more of the same (or worse).
So, seeking to better herself would include distancing herself from (selling) the studio, not just retiring from acting. I've seen no trend in any of the various stories hinting that ZZ has any thoughts of selling. Who would she trust to keep the current high standards other than Marvin?

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote in one fanfic for ZZtS, that she and James went into business together and formed a more conventional studio, for documentaries and more indie type films, and called it JaZi Productions. Double Z Studios went to Marvin, with Zig retaining a silent partnership. This was done after she and James had children.

And true, even a church that accepted her visiting wouldn't accept her as a member without her giving up the studio. They might not "get in her face" about it, and would show her kindness and talk with her gently, and not judge her harshly, but in the end, Da Rules are still Da Rules. Some might not agree with that, but aren't those rules, the Ten Commandments, that we Christians do our best to try to follow, what Jesus told us to follow? If we didn't we wouldn't really be Christians, just like the ones that have no love and like to shout in folk's faces about how sinful they are, aren't following Jesus's teachings, either.

Oops, sorry folks, I didn't intend to take off on what hopefully everyone will read as a rather quiet, gentle rant.

Tigermark (Hmm, isn't this the Sabrina forum, and not teh Zig Zag one?)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you really have Sab without Zig? Wink
Teric

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to agree with AmigaDragon, that Sab without Zig is like cookies without the chocolate chips. Still very good, but leaves you feeling that something is missing.

As to TigerMark's comments, yes, accepting Zig as a member of a church would most likely require her to give up her business. You're right about 'da rules', as you say. Wink I guess my original point was that none of us has the right to pass judgement on her because of her actions.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New Reader Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Holy... Flippin... Cow...

Darn you, Chris Foxx!

I swear I never laid a hand on her!

Quote:
Darn you and James and Hikaru and Eric all together! You have effectively taken over nearly every waking minute that I have for the past month, as I discovered your stories and subsequently spent more than a few nights reading them until past 3:00 AM!

Well, cool! That means we all did it right! Cool

Quote:
Now that that's out, I want to thank you, Chris, for creating excellent pieces of work, truly memorable stories with characters that have become very real for me.

Thank you, that means an awful lot to me.

Quote:
I probably join the thousands when I say that Tabitha chapter 6 truly made me cry. Here I am, a 33 year-old guy, working at my computer in my office, having to pull 4 tissues and close my door to compose myself during work hours. It has truly been many years since a work of fiction has done that to me.

Now, and I've said this before, imagine being me, feeling how I feel about Sabrina, and having to write that! I was in field service, where I logged a lot of windshield time, so with the radio off I'd do my writing in my head. And writing Chapter 6 of Tabitha, as well as Chapter 28 of Sabrina, was hard as heck. And writing it whilst driving, on the Interstate, at 70 mph or so, where I can't see the road for tears, can't breathe through my nose, can't talk from the rawness of my throat ... then I dropped Chapter 6 on James -- with a warning of what was coming, and to show the impact of just what I'd written then, his only reply to me was "You bastard". Then he punched it up and it became what you read. Truth be told, I still have trouble reading it.

Quote:
And the very tender scene when Chris properly proposed to Sabrina, really reminded me of when I asked my sweet wife to marry me. It brought back the same feelings of nervous jitters, trembling hands, and overflowing love. I don't know how you do it, Chris, but you have done it, and I hope you will continue to do it in the future.

Sometimes, I don't know myself Smile

A little inside info, the proposal was taken from how I'd proposed to my wife (although she wasn't my wife when I'd proposed to her). We were at the beach, frolicking in Lake Arthur at Moraine State Park, having a good time, and I must've had more of a good time than I'd realized because I'd popped the question completely as a Freudian slip! And she accepted and oh my God what had I done?? Wink

I later proposed properly after I'd bought her a ring Smile Not on my knee, we were at a restaurant at the time and back then I didn't have the moxy I have now Cool

Quote:
Keep it up!

As long as you promise to keep readin'! And thank you once again!

All the best,
Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Welcome,

I'm another that was brought into the fold by Sabrina. Sabrina lead to Zig Zag which lead to Max Black Rabbi, to James Bruner's ZZ Story then to Chris' Sabrina Story. Chris' story lead me to many others and began the journey that led the the Racccoon's Bookshelf

Hey, I thought you found ME first! Razz

Quote:
Amazing how deeply a fictional charater can effect us.

Tell me about it, stud. When you feel so much for her that you can see her, see the individual hairs of fur, see your reflection in her glasses, be working on a piece of The Story and turning to the seat beside you and feeling a sense of shock when you really dont' see her sitting there ... man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Don't forget the 'Variations on a Theme" taken from Tabitha chapter 6.

Chris has them on his site. Think it's hard reading them through once?
Try many times, slowly, carefully. Paying attention to every word, every space, every punctuation. Sometimes being an editor is no fun at all.

The tenth read was no easier than the first one. Worse since you knew what was coming and you didn't what to. Crying or Very sad

Want the truth? It's [darned] hard to read 'em, and I created it all. Although Tabitha was actually Mark White's idea, he's responsible for a lot of Chapter 1. They're all nigh impossible to read without crying, and the late TV Dave's The Final Farewell is the worst, I haven't even tried to read through it all a second time. I've listened to Leonato's recording of it (I don't believe I don't have a link up to his site!!!) and that's even hard. How he recorded it without bawling is beyond me.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racky raccoon wrote:
thats mine! hey thanks for saying it was good Very Happy

HEY CHRIS SORT OUT THE HTML ON THAT... its only been 4 months mate Wink

Say huh? I thought that WAS sorted out!

Look fine in Firefox, upgrade man, upgrade! Cool
Teric

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Chris Foxx replied personally to my thread... *faints*

Actually, from what I've seen you tend to be fairly involved in the goings-on in this forum, and I for one truly appreciate that. It's really nice to see a well-respected author who treats his readers more like friends than annoying fans.

Quote:
...If you promise to keep reading!

/raises his arm into the air
I promise!

Thanks Chris! Please keep us posted on the job situation. I've been praying for you.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
Wow... Chris Foxx replied personally to my thread... *faints*

Well, sure! You went to the trouble to write all of that, it's only right that I take the time to reply! Smile

Quote:
Actually, from what I've seen you tend to be fairly involved in the goings-on in this forum, and I for one truly appreciate that. It's really nice to see a well-respected author who treats his readers more like friends than annoying fans.

You're very kind, thank you. That's the exact reason I do it, most to all of my friends come from my fans, so I'm inclined to wanna keep 'em!

Quote:
Quote:
...If you promise to keep reading!

/raises his arm into the air
I promise!

Excellent, another convert Cool

Quote:
Thanks Chris! Please keep us posted on the job situation. I've been praying for you.

I will, and THANK YOU! I'll take all of the prayers I can get!

CR
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

Hey, I thought you found ME first! Razz

Sorry but no. I found you through a link on James' site to the story that he said was his inspiration to begin his ZZ story.

Aw, feh Razz

Quote:
And I just noticed a typo in my post up there.

"Max Black Rabbi" Didn't know he was Jewish.

Laughing

Funny, he doesn't look it Cool

I noticed that too, but wrote it off 'cause I was tired and not sure I really saw it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: